Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever been hit on where it made you uncomfortable?

Elegron

I never have gotten directly hit on so that's that. But I'd get annoyed if the person is being obnoxious. 

11 minutes ago, TBD said:

I never have gotten directly hit on so that's that. But I'd get annoyed if the person is being obnoxious. 

Take it me from me having random strangers proposition you for . . . bedroom games is really unocmfortable especially when they follow you down the street trying to talk you into it.

Yeah, my first day volunteering at the library, some girl from another high school. She was fine when she walked up and asked for the nonfiction section, but then she got touchy and too close for comfort, and asked if I wanted to go out to a movie. I said no, kept checking shelves and she persisted, getting closer and more affectionate until I walked to the back. Needless to say I hung out in the back for the rest of the day.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, yawyeena said:

Yeah, my first day volunteering at the library, some girl from another high school. She was fine when she walked up and asked for the nonfiction section, but then she got touchy and too close for comfort, and asked if I wanted to go out to a movie. I said no, kept checking shelves and she persisted, getting closer and more affectionate until I walked to the back. Needless to say I hung out in the back for the rest of the day.

Reading this, I thought your reaction to this was really weird, but after checking your profile I get it lol.

Just now, Br O N Y said:

Yeah, while reading this I was thinking "god damn dude, what were you doing?.......at least give her a chance lol".

Gender can actually play less of a role than you'd think speaking as someone who's had both guy's and girls do it having someone coming on too strong or direct can make you feel very uncomfortable. Particularly in a situation where such an action is unwanted e.g. the difference between being hit on at a club where you go to interact and being hit on when playing a game or just walking into town.

• Brohoof 1

I’ve been hit on many times before, but never to where I was super uncomfortable with it. The worst I ever got was just a few hungry glances from random guys. :mlp_gag: Which was easy to ignore. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt

7 minutes ago, Senko said:

Gender can actually play less of a role than you'd think speaking as someone who's had both guy's and girls do it having someone coming on too strong or direct can make you feel very uncomfortable. Particularly in a situation where such an action is unwanted e.g. the difference between being hit on at a club where you go to interact and being hit on when playing a game or just walking into town.

You have a good point that, I even mostly have no idea what to say when someone randomly talks to me and just feel super awkward.

Just now, Br O N Y said:

You have a good point that, I even mostly have no idea what to say when someone randomly talks to me and just feel super awkward.

i mean im bisexual! i like guys and gals but any girl that persists to that level just bugs me out immediately- im not even shy irl, i just wasn't into her and she was really deaf to my hints! and when i just said 'no thanks'...it sketched me out ;;

1 hour ago, Senko said:

Take it me from me having random strangers proposition you for . . . bedroom games is really unocmfortable especially when they follow you down the street trying to talk you into it.

sounds to me a drunken bastard. 

7 minutes ago, yawyeena said:

i mean im bisexual! i like guys and gals but any girl that persists to that level just bugs me out immediately- im not even shy irl, i just wasn't into her and she was really deaf to my hints! and when i just said 'no thanks'...it sketched me out ;;

Yeah, from your description I think she took it a little too fast and touching someone when they say no is most likely a bad idea. But I'm very sure most guys would enjoy something like that, let's be real. That's why it seemed weird to me at first lol.

4 minutes ago, Br O N Y said:

Yeah, from your description I think she took it a little too fast and touching someone when they say no is most likely a bad idea. But I'm very sure most guys would enjoy something like that, let's be real. That's why it seemed weird to me at first lol.

oh, well, maybe! anybody coming on too strong could make anybody uncomfortable! i know ive accidentally made a couple dudes uncomfortable being too up front about my feelings!

9 minutes ago, yawyeena said:

oh, well, maybe! anybody coming on too strong could make anybody uncomfortable! i know ive accidentally made a couple dudes uncomfortable being too up front about my feelings!

I mean I don't like every girl I see, but even if I don't like her like that and have to tell her that, it would still be like a compliment to me.

Just now, Br O N Y said:

I mean I don't like every girl I see, but even if I don't like her like that and have to tell her that, it would still be like a compliment to me.

Hmmm, makes sense! I guess it's all a matter of being respectful of people's boundaries and all!

6 minutes ago, yawyeena said:

Hmmm, makes sense! I guess it's all a matter of being respectful of people's boundaries and all!

Yeah, and see it as a compliment I guess, she was just a bit awkward lol.

Just now, Br O N Y said:

Yeah, and see it as a compliment I guess, she was just a bit awkward lol.

oh, well, i guess! guys and girls act that way towards me a lot, sometimes i think i might be the problem/the reason it's all awkward and stuff lol

Even if you are the reason, they had to like you already in order to do that, maybe you are a likable person. And we should stop spamming here now lol.

Edited by Br O N Y

I get hit on sometimes for the simple fact that I'm a girl. I don't mind someone hitting on me if they're sincere and aren't just looking to improve their personal batting average. But I don't like players and I usually let them know it if they treat me like the next piece of meat on their rotisserie. I can be a royal pain anyway so no one is going to come out ahead with me except under very unusual circumstances. 

I've had a couple or so people in the past straight up confess that they have a crush. No mad declarations of love but just an interest in that realm of things. It's only awkward if they don't know that I'm transgender. It's one of those things that I insist on being honest about straight off the bat in terms of a potential relationship. If they run to the hills at that, then they wouldn't have been a reliable partner anyway. Outside of that though, it just takes me by surprise in a pleasant way.

With those situations, I play to the friendly rules of "get to know me more first and I'll also get to know you and we'll see what happens".  No promises and no guaruntees. Just two people getting to know eachother and nothing more at that time. There needs to be a close friendship and genuine feelings from both sides before anything evolves. If they try and jump that, then it gets awkward. I'm not easy and relationships for me are sacred ground. I also have nightmarish and chaotic criteria for what I look for in someone. :-P

I had a girl hit on me once and it was extremely awkward... But after I told her I'm not into girls like that, she stopped. She was my friend and didn't seem to want to make me uncomfortable (but that she did... :yeahno:). More uncomfortable that usual I mean. I'm almost always uncomfortable around people, even friends. :dash: