Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Strange Tales of the Equestrian Idiot RP Thread (See OOC to join!)

Hypn0ticD

post-1908-0-47399500-1392104753.png

@@Taialin,@@Hypn0ticD,

Luna's face would show signs of doubt in response to Applejack. "I can only hope so. I can only hope so, though I still have my fears."

The princess would take comfort in her older sisters presence as she did when they where small. She would nod to her sisters words. "You are right sister. I did not put my best hoof forward in my initial meeting with the human." She would hang her head in shame. "It's just that..." A sigh would escape that could be taken as being in a frustrated tone, "They blatantly deceived us. The fact that they would have the gull to enter our home without the proper procedures...It just made me upset, and I may have acted in a way that could be seen as intimidating. All I wished was for him to come clean about what he truly was, not to frighten him to death..." The princess would look up to her sister, a look of frustration had now taken hold. "I wish that we would have planned the human's arrival better. We should have met them at the portal. To keep an eye on them. Now they are running around Canterlot, their current location and activities unknown." Putting a hoof to her forehead, Luna would say, "All of this Hullabaloo has given me quite the headache."

post-1908-0-18090800-1406360982_thumb.jpg

@@bronislav84,

"Thank you Princess Twilight," he would say as he saluted. "I have to start my shift now," as he exited the door. "Please do not tell her I alerted you. I would hate to loose her highness's trust." The bat pony would leave the room, making his way in the opposite way of which he had come. He did have orders after all, and he assumed it was to keep an eye on the humans and report on their doings. DarkWing would take flight from a nearby window as he began his search of Canterlot for the boy and the other human, who he could only assume looked similar to the first one.

It must have looked odd to the ponies below for a Lunar Night Guard to be in the sky in broad daylight, but he had a job to do. Celestia's sun was brighter than he remember. DarkWing would reach into his armor to retreat his sun glasses. DarkWing's ears would twitch as he heard very strange music coming from what he assumed was nearby. Soon he would have the general detection of where the sound was coming from.

@@Hypn0ticD, @@Zhooves, @@Randimaxis, @@Windbreaker,

It must have been odd for the ponies below to see the shadow that the bat pony must be casting below as he approached, though would stay out of sight as much as he could, taking cover behind a cloud and waited for their next moves. He would wait till they where inside before trying to get closer.

• Brohoof 3

@@Randimaxis,@@Windbreaker,

"Why, you WOUND me, Inkwell - is it NOT a known fact that I have reformed?" Discord asked, hurt etched on his face. Inkwell was sure that the Draconequus' face, though Inkwell was sure that it was just an act. "Are you not even willing to give me the benefit of a doubt that I might not be so... vile? Honestly, if the idea is to make me feel like being..." Discord cringed, as if the word itself was hot lead, "...GOOD... then shouldn't you try a little tenderness? Besides, I absolutely HAD to meet you, Alex!"

"Well, you can be good by meeting him along with everypony else at this evening's welcome party!" Inkwell sneered.

Discord didn't acknowledge him as he slithered through the air until he was in front of them both.

"After all, your appearance here is generating SO MUCH LOVELY CHAOS... and I don't have to lift a single claw!" he said as he cupped Alex's face in a claw.

The sky darkened and a lightning bolt cracked through the air as Discord said this, causing Inkwell to jump; Discord cackled a bit before calming brown and addressing Alex once again.

"But never let it be said that I don't appreciate chaos-generators; in fact, I have the utmost BEST interests at heart for you, my boy! I want to see you happy with being here in big old Equestria! I want you to have fun here - after all, I have an absolute BALL!"

A snap of the tail and a puff of smoke later, Discord was now a freakishly large bouncing basketball bouncing upon the harness.

"It'll be so much fun with you a-ROUND... as long as you PASS the ponies standards, then you'll SHOOT to the top of the popularity polls, I'll bet!  A whole world full of ponies and griffons and zebras... just waiting to meet you!  And where does Discord come in, I hear you cry?"

"I think you're barking up the wrong tree, Di--OOOUFF!"

Before he knew it, Inkwell found himself sardined against the taxi's wall as Discord rather suddenly took a seat.

"Well, between you and I, two-legs, it's a personal stake I have in you.  You see, humans are an excellent source of BOTH chaos AND harmony - they're 'on the fence', so to speak."

"You're wasting your--HHRNT!--TIME, Disc--RRRNN!" Inkwell grunted, trying his darnedest to free himself from Discord's serpentine heft.

"And Equestria has been absolutely OBSESSED with maintaining Harmony all the time... they don't even think about chaos, these ponies - and that is where YOU come in, my boy." The scholar continued to struggle as the Draconequus continued. "You see, there should be a little more fun in this world - and YOU are the catalyst for it!  With your help, we can show these ponies that humanity may be somewhat flawed... but they hold the key to keeping things from stagnating and becoming... dull."

Inkwell was still far too busy trying to gt himself free to notice that Discord's body had drained of color completely.

"No fun.  No surprises, even happy ones.  Nothing to shake others from their doldrums.  Do you understand what I'm getting at?  If things are always 'hunky-dory', then how can there ever be adventure?  Excitement?  What would life offer?"

"Life offers us quite enough, Discord! Even without YOU!" Inkwell said through gritted teeth, yet again it fell on deaf ears.

"So, if we are to be successful in showing all of Equestria that one doesn't have to abide SOLELY by Harmony alone... if you can show them all that one can exist BETWEEN the two... well, that will mean that a little CHAOS can have an active purpose in their lives, after all!  It would make me feel... useful again.

I'm not certain if you know what it's like to actually BE useless... but wouldn't you want to help make an old Draconequus feel useful again?"

"I think I understand, but Dodric... Discord... whatever your name is, I haven't had a moment to sit down and think about where I am. I just got here a few hours ago and I haven't had a breather since then. So, if you'd be kind enough to take me and Inkwell to my temporary place of residence while I'm here in Equestria, I'll think about your request. But please... please take me home so I can get a break from this craziness..."

The Unicorn was all too pleased to hear that Alex seemed to be as done with Discord as he was - yet the Embodiment of Chaos seemed to not want to take a hint...

"Not a moment's rest since arriving? Oh, such a shame... I'll bet you feel SO worn out - here, allow me..."

Inkwell nearly fell out of his seat when he suddenly found himself able to move again. "You heard the boy! Take u--ugghh..." Inkwell's aposiopesis was brought about at the sight of Discord dressed as the ugliest geisha he had ever laid eyes on, giving Alex a massage.

"THERE now... a little help for my newest and most valued friend!  That and a personal promise that you'll be home before you know it, and I suppose we can call this particular meeting a success, shall we?  You have to admit - I certainly promised you the conversation would be interesting, did I not?"

The Draconequus then leaned in to whisper something into the boy's ear as the taxi began to glow -- brighter and brighter until Inkwell was blinded.

A echoing snap later, Inkwell found himself little nauseous. Looking around, he also found that he and Alex were right in front of their destination; as if the the faint smell of tea weren't enough to unnerve the scholar, the sight of two ponies at the ajar front door made his stomach drop.

"Damnit..." he cursed under his breath. "What's she doing answering the door!?"

((Colette's post is next!))

• Brohoof 2

Twilight was a bit lost in thought about possible solutions, and she was a bit surprised they were not going to talk to Princess Celestia after all, but he did have work so it couldn't be helped. "Alright I won't share your concerns with Princess Luna or her sister, though I still believe these concerns should be brought up to Princess Celestia." Halfway through this he had gone out of earshot and she was just thinking out loud to herself.

Twilight then went back to check on Spike and how the cooks were doing with the food preparations. She didn't feel right just leaving him there. "So how are things progressing here?" She began to read off directions from one of the floating books again to the cook ponies.

Edited by bronislav84
  • Brohoof 1

@@Zhooves, @@Pripyat Pony,@@Randimaxis,@@Windbreaker,@@Taialin,@,

"You're the alien, aren't you?"

Colette gulped. 'Well, fuck.' She thought. 'Why didn't I just try to go back to sleep??'

"We're sorry to interrupt, but we heard the most wonderful music. Was it you making it?"

"As she said, we heard unfamiliar tones coming from 'ere; we came out of."

"Yeah, that was me..." she answered after studying the faces of her visitors. The one with the horn seemed truly enamored with the music, whilst the winged pony bore an unreadable expression. 'Well, the Unicorn seems to like Metallica, but the winged one? We'll just have to see...'

Looking up, Colette noticed that they weren't her only guests. Apparently, One had attracted several more ponies, some with horns, others with wings, and still others sporting neither; one bespectacled Unicorn was beside a tall hooded figure much like herself. ' 'Bout friggin' time he showed up! Where the hell was he?!' she thought, frowning under her hood. He better have damned good reason why he dragged his ass!'

"Well, it seems I got myself a little audience," Colette began, her attention now back ponies, and the urge to perform already overriding her consternation. "Give me a moment, and I'll give you all a show!"

With that, Colette closed the door and raced up the stairs and into her room. 'How many songs should I play?' she thought as she rummaged through her closet, picking out a pair of pants and boots, fingerless gloves, and a shirt. If she was gonna give these candy colored ponies a show, then why not go all out, even if she can't reveal her face just yet?

She quickly dressed herself before racing back down the stairs, and into her studio, first grabbing her recording, and vocal mics, then her amp, then finally her guitar.

Once everything was set up and powered on, Colette donned her cloak once again and stepped out. "Alright, ponies, a little lesson before the show. This~," Colette said, strumming a few chords on her Les Paul, "is a guitar. It's something a few of us aliens play. And play it does!" Colette then leaned in close to North Wind and Clover and whispered, "You two might wanna move back. Things're gonna get LOUD."

Once her two initial visitors were a safe distance, she strummed another chord. "Hold onto your butts!"

With that, Colette unleashed upon her (mostly) equine audience one of her favorites: Enmity of the Dark Lord.

• Brohoof 1

@, @@Hypn0ticD, @@GeneralDirection
Rarity frowned at Applejack's suggestion that they follow the human to wherever he and the pony went. "And are you sure that is the best decision to be made at this point? You see how they reacted when they saw us. All I did was give the dear a glass of water! If you're asking me, I would think that that pony who's accompanying that human is at least half to blame for pushing him around." She shook her head.

. . . just in time to see Rainbow Dash return from . . . wherever she had been. Not even a greeting? You just disappeared on us with not a word! So inconsiderate.

Rarity accosted Rainbow Dash by stepping up to her. She huffed, "And just where do you think you were? I would have thought you, of all ponies, would know that we were supposed to stick together? Some loyalty!" She humph-ed and pointed her face away, chin high.

Celestia sighed, a headache of her own coming on as she listened to her sister's grievances. They were valid, to be sure, but knowing about them didn't help them much now. This day without a schedule was looking up to be quite a more stressful one than she had anticipated.

"Just as the sun must rise and the moon must fall, time goes on. There is time to worry about the 'would-haves' and 'should-haves,' but I think our time is better spent accompanying our little ponies. It seems they have a plan."

Luna was being cynical again, and Celestia didn't blame her for it. But to assume the worst of ponies (and humans, for that matter) was an easy way to appear unfriendly. "Perhaps they may have deceived us, but I do not sense that they intended any overt harm, and I do not think they ever did. They deserve the benefit of the doubt. All you can do now is to strive to be more welcoming of them the next time you see them."

Celestia brought her head back up. Perhaps it was the lack of schedule that slowed her mind down to a crawl, or the unexpected stresses that came with a day that was supposed to be relaxing. Whatever the case, she realized that she had, perhaps, left Apple Bloom waiting at the train station for a few more minutes than she really have ought to. "If that is all, my little ponies, then I will take my leave. I have some errands to run, but I will be back shortly." She nodded to the group before taking her leave, walking briskly through the castle, taking the shortest route out.

What is that sound? Celestia thought as she wandered about the train station. Her hearing was more astute than most, but she was certain that even the most distracted workaholic would notice the incredible ruckus that was currently filling the area. It almost sounded like the outside of the Canterlot clubs that only grew active when the sun was down. It grated on her ears a little.

Nevertheless, Celestia held her discomfort at bay as she continued to scout around for Apple Bloom, hoping to use her enhanced stature to catch a glimpse of her. Perhaps that was a disadvantage, though, because it meant she couldn't check under things as easily, and foals did have the disturbing ability to hide in the smallest of places. She wouldn't forget the time she had lost Twilight for hours before finding her hidden in a cupboard, heckling all the chefs as they passed by about what "sous vide" was.

• Brohoof 1

post-1908-0-47399500-1392104753.png

@@Taialin, @@Hypn0ticD, @@GeneralDirection,

As her sister addressed her, Luna's face would begin to show signs of sadness as she looked away. As was the case many of times, her sister was right. "I understand sister. I shall do better at our next run in with the our guests." I was clear that the younger alicorn was ashamed by her earlier actions. "Perhaps Twilight or her friends can show me the best way to make amends for the way I acted earlier, while still being formal, of course."  Luna's eyes would shift back and forth between Rainbow, Rarity, and AppleJack, hoping that one would be willing to take her up on that offer.

"Take care dear sister," Luna would say to Celestia with a nod of her head before looking back Twilight's friends. "I believe that you have a party to plan if I am not mistaken. I shall be in my chambers...if anypony wishes to assist me with my hospitality."

• Brohoof 1

@@Hypn0ticD

North Light stepped back when asked to; who knew what would come next would sound like? The foreign being, would most likely.

North stood there, his ears twitching a bit as she played her tune, his expression changing a little, looking a bit dumbfounded as she kept on playing.

"That be some interesting tunes... Like nothing I think I have heard 'round here." he begun, blinking a few times, as if he had seen, or in this case, heard something unreal. "And it has really got some energy behind it too."

He shook his head a little, as he muttered partially to himself: "Me ears be ringing a little... But I have had worse, I guess." 

@@Pripyat Pony

"Not quite my thing, though maybe I just have to get more into it first... What did you think, Kløver?"

Edited by Zhooves
  • Brohoof 1

@@Hypn0ticD, @@Zhooves, "Wow," Clover said, as soon as everything was quiet enough to speak. "That was very interesting music."

In reply to North, she said, "It's true that it's not like anything that we've ever heard in Equestria before, but I rather liked it. It was very exciting, almost in some ways like it feels when I perform magic."

• Brohoof 1

post-1908-0-18090800-1406360982_thumb.jpg

@@Pripyat Pony, @@Zhooves, @@Hypn0ticD,

From his cloud above the building where the humans had been staying, the bat pony would as soon as the first note was struck. By the time time the first cord was complete, he had curled up with his hooves over his ears hoping that this...ruckus that they apparently called music would be over soon. That was not the case however as the song seemed to run on forever, at least in his mind. When the sound had ended, he would slowly stand up. A present ringing had developed in his ears as he grimaced once more. As soon as he could hear himself think however, he mad a b-line for the human and her newly formed 'entourage'.

He would land behind the two ponies and glare at the human, unintentionally showing his tiny fangs. "Some of us have sensitive hearing you know!" he would yell, unable to judge his own volume. "I'll be lucky if this blasted ringing goes away in a week!" The bat pony would take off his sunglasses as he looked the human over in detail. "If that is the type of music that you humans enjoy, than you can keep it! Sounds like your goal is to just be as loud an obnoxious to those around you than to be relaxing!"

• Brohoof 1

@, Clover looked with surprise at the bat pony. She couldn't understand his reaction at all; she'd liked the song very much. True, it was loud, with crashing guitars, but certainly not unpleasant. Clover also thought that humans must have a lot of skill to be able to create such music without having any magic at all.

"That's a bit harsh," she said. "I thought it was good music. Might not be what we're all used to round here, but that doesn't make it bad. I'd actually like to hear some more of it."

Edited by Pripyat Pony
  • Brohoof 1

@, @@GeneralDirection, @@Windbreaker, @@Derplight Sperkle, @@bronislav84, @@Taialin, @@Yoshi89,

"I can only hope so. I can only hope so, though I still have my fears."

"Ah still think we should we should give 'em humans a chance, Princess Luna! Hopefully, they'll warm up to us soon..." Applejack said, flashing a nervous grin. What if she continued to harbor her fears at the party? What if she decided to do something about them while they were here? What then??

"Just as the sun must rise and the moon must fall, time goes on. There is time to worry about the 'would-haves' and 'should-haves,' but I think our time is better spent accompanying our little ponies. It seems they have a plan."

Applejack turned to see that Princess Celestia had rejoined them. She breathed a sigh of relief as she removed her Stetson and bowed as the Luna addressed her sister.

"You are right sister. I did not put my best hoof forward in my initial meeting with the human." Luna said, hanging her head. "It's just that..." An exasperated sigh escaped her lips, "they blatantly deceived us. The fact that they would have the gall to enter our home without the proper procedures...It just made me upset, and I may have acted in a way that could be seen as intimidating. All I wished was for him to come clean about what he truly was, not to frighten him to death..."

Perhaps there was some way of reintroducing the humans to the Princesses in a way that wouldn't leave them frightened? Perhaps Twilight would have an answer to that... But where was she??

"I wish that we would have planned the human's arrival better. We should have met them at the portal. To keep an eye on them. Now they are running around Canterlot, their current location and activities unknown."

"Well, Ah'm sure they're not doin' anything, Princess! If anythin', they might be keepin' ta themselves, if that human was anything ta go by!"

"Perhaps they may have deceived us, but I do not sense that they intended any overt harm, and I do not think they ever did." Celestia said, lifting Luna's chin. "They deserve the benefit of the doubt. All you can do now is to strive to be more welcoming of them the next time you see them."

"I understand sister. I shall do better at our next run in with the our guests. Perhaps Twilight or her friends can show me the best way to make amends for the way I acted earlier, while still being formal, of course. Take care dear sister," Luna then turned to face the remaining ponies "I believe that you have a party to plan if I am not mistaken. I shall be in my chambers...if anypony wishes to assist me with my hospitality."

"Ah'll join you!"Applejack said, stepping forward. "What didja have in mind? Perhaps Ah could even give you a few pointers, seein as Pinkie's not here!"

Looking around, Applejack noticed that Celestia retreated elsewhere, leaving the posse down just Fluttershy, herself, and Rarity. "Oh, come on!" AJ grumbled. " Spike and now RD wandered off, too?! It's not like got a party ta set up, for Pete's sake!"

"And are you sure that is the best decision to be made at this point? You see how they reacted when they saw us. All I did was give the dear a glass of water! If you're asking me, I would think that that pony who's accompanying that human is at least half to blame for pushing him around." the fashionista said with a shake of her head.

"Ah still think it was just ta keep the human movin' along, though Ah agree he coulda handled that better. If'n we see 'im again, Ah say we give 'im a piece of our minds! But as for the human? All allow that Ah'm concerned 'bout him."

Just then, Rainbow Dash appeared. "And just where do you think you were? I would have thought you, of all ponies, would know that we were supposed to stick together? Some loyalty!" Rarity said, admonishing the Pegasus.

"Yeah, RD. We got a party to plan, and you think it's okay ta just up an' take off??" the cowpony quickly glanced over to Luna, then back to her friends, suddenly realising her own impending hypocrisy. She flashed a goofy smile before stepping over to Rarity. "Ah'm... Ah'm gonna see if I can get Princess Luna ta join us. I'll be back as soon as Ah can!" with that, Applejack turned and trotted over to Luna. "So, whaddya have in mind, Princess?"

• Brohoof 1

@@Hypn0ticD

After dropping off the human and his escort (as only a proper taxi would have), Discord appeared on the roof of a nearby building, and held a paw to his ear, awaiting the sweet sounds of Inkwell cursing his name; after all, there was a very short list of delights that topped hearing the target of one's ire lamenting over what you've done to them.

However, Inkwell and his charge made no mention; they simply went on to investigate something that wasn't related to the Lord of Chaos... hence, wasn't important.

"Humph!  Well, that's the last time I ever try to do THEM a favor - I get them where they wanted to be - in RECORD time, I might add - AND didn't even ask for the proper fare!  And what reward for the friendly Draconequus?  NADA."

He slapped his eagle claw against the roof, making a few shingles take wing and fly away like frightened birds. 

"But, at least now I know where the boy will be... now to find..."

Suddenly, sound filled the air, and a writhing, chaotic music began issuing from nearby... well, at least nearby enough for a well-trained set of chaos-detecting ears to pick up.

"Oh-HO... and what is this exquisite melody?  Well, no time like the present to find out, I suppose!"

A snap of his fingers, and Discord vanished with a soft >POOF<

A similar, yet far smaller >POOF< appeared in the far corner of the room, and as Colette thrashed through the number, a tiny Discord, no bigger than an apple, stood on a high shelf and watched with rapt interest.

"Oh, a MUSICIAN, eh?  Well, I DO APPROVE!"

He was suddenly wearing a tiny leather jacket and little Doc Martens, and his black stripe of a mane grew long and shaggy - with these implements in place, tiny Discord began to headbang like a true metalhead, his fist in the air with two ACTUAL goat horns where his first and last fingers should be.

As the song concluded, he reached up and gave his goatee a curious scratching, his eyes locked on Colette.

"Well, perhaps this is a bit TOO open for my introduction to the young lady... more chance to put my plan into action if I sell it myself.  Inkwell was too... 'complainy' for me to get to the boy effectively; I'll need to meet the girl... alone..."

Wringing his hands in classic villain fashion, Discord grinned impishly as he disappeared with a small flash... 

• Brohoof 1

@@Taialin, @@Windbreaker,

"Ohh~! Where'd Princess Celestia go??" Apple Bloom whined aloud as she peered out from under the pear cart she had taken refuge under; she SWORE she saw Pinkie Pie bouncing around! And if that was indeed Pinkie, then she'd be sure ta tell AJ!

Once she was sure there were no pink, bouncy friends of her big sister's around, Apple Bloom crawled out from under the cart, straightened her shades and coat, then set out to trot to the castle.

Glancing up to its impressive spires every now and again really, really intimidated the little filly. It was one of the most beautiful structures in all of Equestria, but boy, was it ever MASSIVE! She had visited a hooffull of times in the past, but it was either with her entire class or her big sister, and each time the castle proved to be quite labyrinthine, even for AJ, and she was there practically every other week with her friends at point!

Until moments prior, Celestia herself was gonna guide her there, but she was called away, which meant Apple Bloom was going to the castle -she gulped-by herself. "You can do this, Apple Bloom!" she said to herself, "you're not a baby anymore, and-- maybe Ah should just head back ta the train station!"

'Now, you're jus' chickenin' out! You said it yourself! You're not a baby anymore, and you've been ya the castle before! It can't be that bad!'

"You're right, me! Ah can handle this! Ah can make it to castle! Ah can make mah way around, and Ah can--" Apple Bloom looked around to see she had attracted more than a few odd stares cast her way. "Ah need ta stop talking to myself!" she added sheepishly, flashing a large yet sheepish grin before quickening her pace.

Apple Bloom didn't get much further before she caught sight of the tall, lithe, and pulchritudinous form of the Solar Alicorn heading towards the station, her ethereal mane glistening and flowing beside her as it usually did; any passersby stopped and bowed to her if they could.

"Princess Celestia~!" Apple Bloom gasped, turning and increasing her pace to a gallop. "Princess! Princess, wait!" The filly galloped as fast as she could until she caught up with the royal pony.

"Ah'm--" The filly took a moment to catch her breath once she caught up. "Ah'm sorry! Ah just-- You got called away, so Ah thought Ah'd head ta the castle. Ah hope you're not mad!"

• Brohoof 1

@@Zhooves, @@Windbreaker, @@Pripyat Pony, @, @@Randimaxis, @@DwhitetheGamer,

"Not quite my thing, though maybe I just have to get more into it first... What did you think, Kløver?"

"Wow, that was very interesting music. It's true that it's not like anything that we've ever heard in Equestria before, but I rather liked it. It was very exciting, almost in some ways like it feels when I perform magic."

Well, shit. One pony didn't like it, and the other one? Who knew. Her tone and facial seemed completely devoid of emotion, despite what she had said. Luckily, the tune had attracted more than a handful of other ponies; some cheered, whooped and whistled whilst others looked on in shock or shook their heads in disgust, but all of them hung back a ways. Damn, gotta turn it down a bit... Too bad. What's the point of shredding if you can't turn it up all the way??

Amongst the dissenters dropped a blur from the sky, landing just behind the two ponies. The creature rose to his full height, which Colette surmised he was about as tall as she was; his tufted ears, dark armor, and what Colette make out to be wings made him that much more imposing -- and metal.

"Some of us have sensitive hearing you know!" the creature boomed, sh his fangs. "I'll be lucky if this blasted ringing goes away in a week!"

God dammit, there goes asking for a ride on his back whilst shredding a few chords to KoRn to the castle tonight!

The creature removed his sunglasses to meet Colette with golden, slit irised, yet cold glare. "If that is the type of music that you humans enjoy, than you can keep it! Sounds like your goal is to just be as loud an obnoxious to those around you than to be relaxing!"

... And there went the Slipknot, Megadeth and Rammstein covers. What. A. Killjoy!

"That's a bit harsh," the Unicorn said, her voice twinged with I thought it was good music. Might not be what we're all used to round here, but that doesn't make it bad. I'd actually like to hear some more of it."

Again, the compliment was there, but it seemed to lack the sentiment that normally would go with it. Colette furrowed her brow under her hood. There had to be some way of bringing all three -- nay, ALL the ponies around! Get the interested ponies REALLY worked up and bring the haters around - or scare them off.

"You wanna relax?" Colette asked, her hidden eyes locked on tall, dark, and oh, so ready to be baptized by the Gods of Metal. "Alright, I'll relax... Just a little, and just this once. But you'd better prepare yourselves for the next song, 'cause I'm goin' aaaaall out!" Colette could only grin wickedly as the interested ponies cheered and hollered, and whistled in excitement; in Colette's mind, they beckoning for her to continue!

With an opening riff, she began to play her next song, Foo Fighters - Learn to Fly - volume be damned.

"Run and tell all of the angels/

This could take all night/

Think I need a devil to help me/

Get things right/

Hook me up a new revolution/

'Cause this one is a lie/

We sat around laughing and watched the last one die/"

Colette's androgynous voice crooned with a slight rasp as it brought the lyrics to life as she strummed note after note, bar after bar, which piqued her audience all the more.

"Now I'm looking to the sky to save me/

Looking for a sign of life/

Looking for something to help me burn out bright/

I'm looking for a complication/

Looking 'cause I'm tired of lying/

Make my way back home when I learn to fly high..."

• Brohoof 2

@@Hypn0ticD, Clover listened to the new song, her eyes alight with emotion. The lyrics seemed to speak to her; she remembered exactly how she'd felt back when she'd been a filly and she and her best friend Stargazer had been trying to think of a way to rescue Ruby and Mitta from the cursed town that they'd found in the middle of the Everfree. Tho the part about flying made Clover shiver a little bit. She was deathly scared of heights; tho she would love to be an alicorn, the one thing about the honour which would be bad to Clover would be having wings. At least she didn't have to worry about that any time soon. The feeling within the lyrics spoke to Clover just the way the other song had and she couldn't believe that the other ponies weren't experiencing the song the same way. Couldn't they hear it the way that she did? At least she was going to show her appreciation by clopping her hooves once it was finished!

• Brohoof 2

@@Hypn0ticD

From his current position behind the stage, the Lord of Chaos listened to the conversation between Colette and her 'critics', as it were.  He actually felt a bit bad for the human; here he was, watching almost the exact same sort of reaction HE usually got when he tried to show these ponies a little fun... and by the look on her face, she was taking it about as well as he would.

Of course, she didn't have Chaos magic to gather attention with... or did she? 

"You think you need a DEVIL to help you, you say?  Well, perhaps you'll get your wish after all, my dear..."

As the song got started, Discord snapped his fingers with a wicked grin on his face.

While Colette played, slowly but gradually, spotlights winked on and focused on the girl.  Upon reaching the first chorus, a low fog began to roll in from the sides of the stage, until it looked as if Colette herself was standing on a cloud like a pegasus.  Upon reaching the bridge of this particular number, the word 'COLETTE' began flashing in lights behind her; and with the final chorus, flame pots belched multi-colored fire almost ten feet into the air, with sparks flying from the end of her guitar in a grand display.

Upon the playing of the last note, there was a thunderclap from outside and a banner unfurled over Colette's head, saying:

[ IT DOESN'T GET ANY HARDER THAN METAL!

Steepling his fingers, Discord leaned back against the flower pot he was hiding behind and smiled.  Making chaos with the girl would be easy... but, better than that?  

It looked as if it was going to be a whole lot of FUN, as well...

• Brohoof 2

@@Hypn0ticD

Copper heard music.  Music he had never heard of.  It was rather loud, something he knew Sun and Moon princesses wouldn't like.  Then again, he hadn't actually met them, so it wasn't in his place to judge.

He decided to find out the source of the music.  He galloped, and as he did, he noted the music stopped.  But he kept running because he knew the sound was from the direction he was heading to.  As he neared his destination, he could hear much softer music in place.  

He had found the group, and the ponies there were accompanied by... a bi-pedal creature?  He didn't know who or what it was, but his curiosity was high.  Then he remembered that there was news of a human in Equestria, so he assumed this was the one.  So when the song ended, he approached the creature with a smile on his face, as he normally does when greeting anypony.

"Hello.  My name is Copper Strikes.  Uh, who are you?"

Edited by DwhitetheGamer
  • Brohoof 1

@NightTerror Nebula, @GeneralDirection, @Windbreaker, @Derplight Sperkle, @bronislav84, @Taialin, @HypnoticD,

"Man, all this taste testing sure is hard work," Spike commented to himself as he held his aching stomach. After showing the recipes to the cooks, Spike regretted volunteering to sample the dishes once they had finished. He had tested salad after salad, sandwich after sandwich and sweet after sweet until he was sure they were fit for pony and human consumption. If they were good enough for a growing dragon, they had to have been good enough for any other creature.

"Everything seems good," he finally announced. "Be careful the grass salad doesn't have too much sunflower pollen on it. Don't want anypony sneezing like I did." Spike chuckled weakly at his quip. He couldn't help the earlier fit in the kitchen although a quick-thinking cook brought him over to light one of the ovens with his flames.

Spike then hopped off the stool and walked to the kitchen's exit. He opened the door and looked around for Twilight but she and her friends were nowhere to be found. "Twilight?" he callled anyway. "Food's ready. When do you want the chefs to bring it out?" Spike then strained his hearing at an excitable young filly shouting for Celestia. Apple Bloom? he thought to himself. No, it can't be. What's she doing here? Spike walked away from the kitchen door to investigate.

Edited by Yoshi89
  • Brohoof 3

@@Hypn0ticD,@@Pripyat Pony

North almost seemed to brace himself, unsure whether what she would play would actually be more relaxing, or if it would be at least as loud, if not louder than her previous song. What he could make out of her expressions were limited at this point.

And then she started playing. In mere moments, he looked almost mesmerized by this other kind of tunes and music. He leaned back a little, looking like he enjoyed it quite a bit, especially around the chorus. He had most of his life been looking for something to burn for; something new and interesting to occupy his time and thoughts. And even the bit about learning to fly would get a bit to him, seeing as he had trouble doing so in his earlier years.

@@Randimaxis

He broke out of the trance the moment lights and smoke started emerging. It took him off guard to say the least, making him take a step back, before he took it that it was most likely part of the show.

"Now this; 'tis liked I. There was a sense of harmony, at least to me, but with a good bit of force along with it." he said after she finished playing, a bright expression on his face, and stomping the ground a few heavy times.

Edited by Zhooves
  • Brohoof 1

The Outskirts of Appleloosa, The sound of grand festivities could be heard emanating loudly from the town ,  It’s citizenry celebrating a simple get together that spun into a large celebration. The townsfolk so engulfed in the music and dancing that they never noticed the party’s organizer had already left hours before.

“My work here is done” The stallion spoke tipping his hat back to the village before preparing his leave when all of a sudden he felt a sensation he knew all too well. His entire body shook like jelly and his mane and tail flung back and forth like a party favor.

“WaHoooooOOOOOOOOOOoooooo!....”  He cried, suddenly jumping 10 feet in the air as a rush of powerful energy streamed through his body, for a few moments the tuffs in his hair began to dance like stars and the accordion in his cutie mark played the most amazing music he had ever heard. “That was the dooziest doozy that’s ever been DOOZIED!!!” He exclaimed smiling excitedly at the rubber chicken sitting on his back. “Do you know what that means Boneless 2?!!” He spoke cheerfully followed by a few moments of silence. “There’s a party in Canterlot!” He added with a smile as if the chicken had spoken back. “and Oh ho ho ho , It’s not just any Party…..” He grinned barely holding back his excitement.

“IT’S A SUPER DUPER MEGA FANTASTIC PARTY KIND OF PARTY!!!!”

“Come on, Boneless 2! We can still make it! ” He said excitedly as he grabbed a seemingly large cannon from off-screen and Jumped quickly into it. The cannon fired as soon as he jumped in, launching him quickly into the skies.

Screen transitions into Canterlot as what appears to be a falling star heads straight towards the festivities. 

Edited by Vulcan
  • Brohoof 3

@@Pripyat Pony, @@Hypn0ticD, @@Randimaxis, @@Zhooves,

The Bat Pony would glare at Clover as she addressed him. He would point a hoof to his ear. "When you can hear a pin drop on the other side of Canterlot at night, excessively loud sounds hurt," he would say bluntly. His attention would go back to the human, when she began to play the next song. This one was not so hard on his ears, and he had to admit, it somewhat had a beat to it, however he would cringe on the higher notes.

Once Discord's little light show began, he quickly grabbed his sunglasses, as with each flash of light felt that he was being blinded. It wouldn't take him long to realize where the extra effects came from. "Nice light show...who's your stage manager?" Luna had warned him of what Discord was capable of, and to have to report that one of the humans was socializing with him would not go over well with the night princess.

A small grin would begin to form on once side of his muzzle, as one fang would be visible. "That last song was not half bad. Perhaps it was just because of my sensitive hearing that I dismissed your music so quickly. I don't suppose you would have something that would protect my hearing so I can hear more of this music?"

DarkWing would look up to the sky and take a subtle deep breath. If Discord and this girl where working together, he would need to spend as much time with her as possible  to find out for sure.

• Brohoof 2

From the skies above , Cheese crashed through the Kitchen window, smashing some china plates off the table before smashing into a a stack of Flour sacks, causing a poof white smoke upon impact. "We made it!" Cheese exclaimed , standing quickly upright. 

@@bronislav84

looking around he noted that he was now in the kitchen, the sound of loud yet adorkable snoring could be heard nearby. "It's the princess!" Cheese gasped excited, yet pondering why she would be sleeping at a SUPER DUPER MEGA FANTASTIC PARTY. "She must not be excited enough!" He thought , Cheese suddenly had a flashback of when Pinkie toured him around the Pinkie cave. "Twilight sparkle likes red balloons , dancing, and....Quesadillas?" Cheese remembered, not entirely sure if his information was correct.

"Well...I'm out of red balloons" Cheese thought. "and Where could I make Quesadillas?" He pondered before smiling wide after he realized he was in the Kitchen. He got to work almost instantly.In no time at all he prepared a LOT of quesadillas , so much so that there seemed to be piles upon piles  of it surrounding the sleeping purple alicorn, the piles reaching as high as two stallions in height.  "She's gonna be SO happy" he smiled excitedly as he waited for twilight to wake up from her nap. 

Edited by Vulcan
  • Brohoof 3

@@Hypn0ticD, @@Taialin, @@Derplight Sperkle, @@Yoshi89, @@bronislav84,

Rainbow Dash

The first pony to notice Rainbow’s return was Rarity. Unfortunately, it was less than a warm welcoming.

"And just where do you think you were? I would have thought you, of all ponies, would know that we were supposed to stick together? Some loyalty!" Rarity said, and was soon joined by Applejack.

"Yeah, RD. We got a party to plan, and you think it's okay ta just up an' take off??"

“Some welcoming this is…” She grumbled to herself.

Moments after AJ spoke, she seemed to have a change of heart, and decided that her time would be better spent assisting Princess Luna. She trotted off to Luna’s chambers, leaving Rainbow to deal with Rarity.

“Oh come on Rarity, I was gone for like, five minutes tops!” She paused for a moment, grinning weakly upon seeing the unicorn’s face of disapproval. “Okay, maybe it was a bit longer than that, but seriously, you didn’t expect me to be able to put up with all this boring non-action all day, did ya?” She replied, crossing her hooves. “Looks to me like you guys didn’t really need me here, anyway. You’re all still standing around in the same places I left ya. Well, except for AJ leaving just now. But you get my point.”

Vinyl Scratch

After Rainbow Dash left the studio, Vinyl Scratch went back to doing what she loved best: making music. However, today was proving to be a rather uneventful session. No matter what she tried to do, she just wasn’t satisfied with the results. In times like these, Vinyl found that it was often helpful for her to take a bit of a break and occupy her mind with something else. Which is why she was kinda glad Rainbow came by, as it gave her something else to focus on, even if the pegasus hadn’t stayed for very long. Despite that, Vinyl still couldn’t come up with anything she was happy with.

“If this keeps up, I’m gonna drive myself crazy! Maybe I should just go outside for a bit and see if that helps. Yea, some fresh air would do me good anyway.”

Vinyl closed the door to the studio and trotted along the road. Using her magic, Vinyl brought her trademark headphones up to her ears and was about to start playing some tunes, but put them back around her neck when she heard a strange noise off in the distance. The unicorn stopped moving, trying to identify the sound. But it didn’t sound like anything she had ever heard before. Her curiosity now sparked, Vinyl followed the noise until she reached the source, which really just created more questions than it did answers. Before her, a small crowd of ponies had assembled, all surrounding a hooded figure who appeared to be a minotaur of sorts. Maybe. Regardless of what the creature actually was, or whatever the instrument was that it was playing, the one thing that Vinyl did know is that he or she knew how it play it well. Despite the melody being unfamiliar, the unicorn knew that she was in the presence of some real talent. She opted to stay at the back of the crowd, not wanting to draw any attention away from the performer. Though Vinyl knew that with her status, it was only a matter of time before someone spotted her.

It was at this point that Discord decided to join the show. Not literally, but the sudden appearance of lights, fireworks, and a banner could have only come from the master of Chaos himself.

“This is a pretty awesome gig!” She thought to herself.

A few minutes later, the final song came to an end, and the ponies surrounding her displayed their approval in various forms. Vinyl also added her voice and hoofstomps to the cheering that ensued. Having witnessed such a performance, Vinyl felt that she just had find out more about whoever that was up at the front, and more importantly, thank them for such a great show. The unicorn slowly made her up to where the creature stood, ignoring all of the exciting gasps and whispering from the ponies in the crowd who recognized her.

“Hey!” She addressed the hooded figure. “That was an amazing show you put on! Your singing was like, spot on. Really fit the tone of the songs you chose. Your…what is it that you called it now… guitar playing was pretty awesome, too! Oh, my name’s Vinyl Scratch, in case you hadn’t heard of me in…wherever it is that you’re from. Are all the songs you played your original work? ‘Cause I’ve never heard any of them before. They sound great! Who is it that I have the pleasure of meeting?” Vinyl asked, grinning ear to ear.

• Brohoof 3

@@GeneralDirection, @@Hypn0ticD, @@Yoshi89, @@Randimaxis, @, @@Pripyat Pony, @@Zhooves

And in classic Rainbow Dash fashion, said pony showed no self-respect or humility when she boasted about how briefly she was gone. The pony who was also apparently unable to stand still for more than half a minute before getting bored unless she was watching the Wonderbolts or doing something of equivalent "awesomeness." There were times that she found it hard to believe she could have ever get along with Rainbow Dash.

There was perhaps a bit of truth in Rainbow's words: they hadn't been moving very quickly, and the planned party was progressing more slowly than Rarity wouldn't have liked. But the rest of Rainbow's word were too inflaming to ignore.

Rarity looked back to Rainbow Dash, brows furrowed down further. She wasn't "angry," per se—proper ladies did not get angry over every little thing (even if those things were as enraging as a certain pony)—more what she would call "displeased." "Well, I never!" she snapped back. "Just because something is not making a Sonic Rainboom in front of your face does not give you license to up and wander away while it is still going on! Do you not understand the meaning of the word 'responsibility'? I thought it was an unspoken one that we would stand together for this critical and momentous occasion. Or need I define the word 'momentous' for you as well?"

Rarity snorted and angled away slightly. "Goodness me," she seethed, talking to herself but just loudly enough that others could hear, "one wonders how some ponies can get anything done if they're too featherbrained to stick to one task for more than five minutes."

((I'm sorry.))

Goodness, where is that filly? Celestia thought as she continued to wander the platform. She wasn't willing to admit that she had lost the filly she had been chaperoning mere moments before, but there were only so many excuses one could give to well-meaning travelers about why she was still on the platform when she traveled most places by flying chariot.

She was about to take to the sky and inform her guard that they needed to search for a certain filly, but—

"Princess, wait!"

—she relaxed her wings (and her mind) to hear the reedy, South-tinged voice behind her.

"I'm sorry! I just—you got called away, so I thought I'd head to the castle. I hope you're not mad!"

Celestia smiled and lay down on the ground to get to the same level as the panicked filly in front of her. "Don't worry, my little pony. I'm not mad. I'm just glad that I found you. It can be easy to get lost in a big city, and even easier for a little filly."

Celestia's ears twitched. the ruckus, which had calmed for a few minutes, started back up again. It was a bit less grating than it was before, but it was still plenty loud enough that she wouldn't be surprised if her court had received some noise complaints about it. Surely it wouldn't take too long to investigate the issue and return to the castle.

"Follow me, Apple Bloom," Princess Celestia said. "we'll go to the castle together shortly—I just want to make sure that noise isn't causing any trouble." She walked down a side path at a leisurely pace, going as-the-crow-flies to the nucleus of the noise.

As she grew closer, Celestia found it wasn't just noise—it was lights as well. Spinning lights, pyrotechnics, fog machines, and special effects that would be more at home in a club twelve hours from now. There was also apparently a commotion of ponies in front of the noise, making it seem as though an impromptu concert was being held. Thankfully, it wasn't as if anyone was protesting about the sound . . . yet. But the event nevertheless piqued Celestia's interest, as it apparently did for many other ponies.

From the rear of the crowd, Celestia wasn't quite able to make out who it was making all that music, but it was decidedly hooded and perhaps a bit too tall for a conventional pony. Celestia was beginning to figure out who it might have been making that music, and it only caused her to pay more attention. Few ponies had noticed her behind them, but that might soon change . . .

In due time, the song finished to a wave of applause and "oohs" and "aahs." A pony up at the front said, "Who is it that I have the pleasure of meeting?"

"Yes. I, too, would like to know."

• Brohoof 3

With the feast preparations well underway, Twilight had curled up with the cookbooks, reading up on various dishes that would still be delicious even if they didn't fit this occasion. Because why not? She had lost track of time and fell asleep with the stack of books around her.
--------
Yawning and stretching with her eyes closed she moved the book off her belly and to the side, turning right side up. There was a very familiar smell around her. Oh no. It couldn't be. Her eyes shot wide open as she looked around at the huge pile of quesadillas around her. So tall and cheesy. So much cheese. With a loud "Eep!" Twilight flew up -more like shot straight up- into the air and wrapped herself around the kitchen chandelier, shaking and shivering.

While reading the following think of this scene and her face, if Cheese can see it from where she is. sig-4384531.large.jpg

"S-s-s-sooo cheesy. So much ch-ch-cheese. Way too much." Finally calming down being far enough away from the cheesy mess, she looked and noticed Cheese Sandwich of all ponies.

"Cheese Sandwich?! Is this some kind of practical joke? I'd expect something this specific from Pinkie Pie ever since my friends and I visited her secret room, and even then she's never been one to pull cruel jokes, just funny ones. What's the meaning of this?" Her stomach rumbled just then. Looking up and down at the pile of quesadillas, Twilight realized she might be a bit hungry and hadn't eaten in a while. No no. Too much cheese all in one place, and the pony who had that as part of his name.

Landing in front of Cheese and retrieving her books with her magic from the alcove of quesadillas, by instinct since she couldn't go near them at that moment, she just stared at Cheese Sandwich disapprovingly and furrowed her brow, waiting for an answer.

Stacking the books to be picked up later, her stomach rumbled again. "M-m-maybe just one? N-n-no, way too much of them all at once. How do I get just one without thinking of the others?" Still unsure and with thinking out loud being unhelpful, she just went back to staring disapprovingly at Cheese while thinking of ways to get just one and sate her hunger.

Edited by bronislav84
  • Brohoof 2