Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Strange Tales of the Equestrian Idiot RP Thread (See OOC to join!)

Hypn0ticD

@@Windbreaker,

Swiggie levitated the plate off the counter, "Hahaha well I actu-", cut off by a rather loud pony. Turning around Swiggie caught his plate before it hit the floor, quickly bowing down without hesitation. Looking up he also spotted more elements of harmony and royalty.

"Ponyville really is the nexus of strange"

@@Hypn0ticD,

Spellbind smiled at the offer, and being the wallflower that she was, took up on it. "Be right there," she called, stopping playing with a leaf on the bush and running up to join them.

When they reached the bakery, "Okay, who wants something?" asked Spellbind. She didn't like it when other ponies, especially strangers, paid for her.

(edited)

@@GeneralDirection @@Taialin @@Love @@Hypn0ticD @@SwigglySwiggly @@Orion Caelum

@@Derplight Sperkle @@Littlecandylulu903 @@AspenSwift

"Oh, well, I don't happen to carry pens around with me, but I'm sure Pinkie has one somewhere. You could ask her...that is...when she gets back here..."

"Yeah, sure!" said Ruby with enthusiasm. In that moment, she remembered her pen in her saddle-bag. She was about to grab if from the saddle-bag, but her actions were interrupted by the voice of a very known farm pony. 

"Dash? Pinkie? We're here!" Eeyup, that was Applejack. She looked at the entrance, and noticed that the Element of Honesty wasn't alone. AJ was being followed by Fluttershy, Rarity, a periwinkle unicorn, and...

"Princess Cadence!?" She shouted. After doing such a thing, she blushed with a face of repentance. She looked at Rainbow nervously. "I... I mean... look! your friends are here! huh... how nice!"

Edited by RubyW32

@@Hypn0ticD, @@Derplight Sperkle, @@Littlecandylulu903, @@Love

"Okay, Applejack, let's go to Sugarcube Corner. but promise me we won't see any human anytime soon," Fluttershy said.

"Ah can't promise that, sugar cube. Ah know they ain't here just yet, but Ah can't really say for where or when those hu-manes'll turn up," Applejack replied.

A tiny flash of a frown crossed Rarity's face for a split second, but she hid it quickly with a smile and nod. Curse you and your unimpeachable honesty, Rarity thought to herself. Fluttershy could really use something of a little white lie at the moment, if only to put her worries to rest.

Shaking off the thoughts, Rarity got out of the bush and brushed off—as best she could—the dirt that clung to her coat and twigs that tangled in her mane. A longer shower and twice the usual strokes with my hairbrush tonight, Rarity thought to herself. Fluttershy's more at-ease demeanor was worth the blow to her coiffure, however. Rarity stayed close to Fluttershy while they all walked to Sugarcube Corner.

"Looks like the hu-manes are on everypony's minds, Fluttershy . . . There's no way around it, Ah'm afraid," Applejack commented while observing the ponies around her and the conversations they were having.

Another frown, another twitch, another smile to hide it. Fluttershy could really use a little less of that, you know! But then again . . . Applejack is right. We will all run into them eventually. And we do know next to nothing about them . . .

"But we will face them together," Rarity said confidently, a fierce smile on her face. Half was confidence that she felt, but the other half was more for Fluttershy's sake.

((Rarity is at Sugarcube Corner with the others; I just don't have anything of consequence to comment on yet.))

@@RubyW32

Rainbow glanced over her shoulder, and noticed the rest of her friends had now arrived! She looked back at Ruby with an uneasy look on her face, knowing fully well that she was going to be leaving now. "Yea...um...look, I've gotta get going, my friends  and I are going to have an important discussion at Twilight's castle. We'll have to save this conversation for another day. But if you want, I can introduce you to the rest of my friends over there before we head off. Up to you!" She said with a smile. Dash had a pretty good feeling that Ruby would be taking her up on her offer, and started to slowly walk over to where the rest of her friends were standing.

(edited)

@SwigglySwiggly @GeneralDirection @Windbreaker @RubyW32 @Hypn0ticD @Derplight Sperkle @Taialin @littlecandylulu903 @Love

Aspen bought a cupcake, a bright yellow one with white sprinkles, and balanced it on his nose as he looked around for a seat.  He found a stool next to the window and sat.  As he bit into the cupcake (and was delighted to find that it was cream filled), he looked around the bakery.  It was extremely full today.  He saw Pinkie, obviously, and her friend Rainbow Dash.  Aspen didn't really know Rainbow, but heard that she was extremely good at flying, and was almost as good as the famous Wonderbolts.  He saw that strange pony "Swiggie" picking his muffin off of the counter, and he saw that pony Ruby talking to Rainbow.  Aspen sighed, thinking of what he was going to do for the rest of the day, when the door opened.  Inside stepped Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity, a strange mare with a purple-ish coat and a gold and silver mane, and -gasp- Princess Cadence!  Aspen couldn't believe it!  "Princess Cadence usually lived in the Crystal Empire, where she ruled with her husband, Shining Armor.  Why was she...here?  Was it because of the human thing?"  he thought.  And, Aspen noticed, most of the Elements of Harmony were in the same room, which was certainly weird.  Apart from Princess Twilight, of course.  This was definitely the strangest thing Aspen had seen in a while, and though he wouldn't have admitted it, it excited him a bit.  Aspen decided to follow this strange group after they leave.  And who knows?  Maybe something interesting will happen!

Edited by AspenSwift

@@GeneralDirection @@Hypn0ticD @@Derplight Sperkle @@Love @@Windbreaker @@Littlecandylulu903

"Go and meet Rainbow's friends? and... Princess Cadence? It would be nice!"  She thought and started walking behind RD.

There she was... Princess Cadence. She was getting closer and closer and she was already getting nervous. "Why is Princess Cadence here? Maybe it has to be with the humans... Yeah! maybe I could know a bit more about them if I talk to Rainbow and her friends..." She looked at her saddle-bag, full of rubies waiting to be turned into humans. Not literally...

She smiled with the idea.

@@Hypn0ticD, @@Orion Caelum, @[member='Win@@AspenSwift, dbreaker'], @@SwigglySwiggly, @@RubyW32, @@Taialin, @@GeneralDirection,

Princess Luna

The sky over Ponyville, normally bright and sunny, erupted into darkness. It boiled forth like magma seeping from the earth, covering the sun in its majestic blackness. Out from the center of swirling darkness, a tide of night lanced down to the earth, transfixing it as with a spear from the sky. Then the darkness dissipated, absorbed into the center and down to the ground. Out of the void stepped Princess Luna, regarding her surroundings with a hooded eye as her personal guardsponies marched out into line behind her. Their bat like wings folded at their sides as they cradled swords of pure starlight in their sheathes.

The display had landed her and her guards right outside the Town Hall. Looking down at her hooves, she saw that she was standing at the center of a circle of dead grass. Frowning, she shook her head. She should've known that flashy entrances never worked. Remember that time on Nightmare Night? That had been an absolute disaster. It had worked out in the end, but the chariot and lightning had only terrified her subjects rather than impress them. Quite possibly this had done the same. She'd need to get somepony to fix the grass as well. Blast. Why was it that only fungus could grow in the dark? Even worse, she hated mushrooms. They were so... bland.

No one would be able to read these thoughts from her expression, as it remained totally serene. She sent one of the entourage which had arrived with her off to inform Mayor Mare of her arrival. There had been a planned visit next month, but of course everypony's plans were being thrown off kilter. She'd have to apologize to her for causing her trouble, maybe with a basket of delicious mushrooms? Not that she, a Princess, -had- to apologize to her subordinates, but rather that she felt obliged to. Doubtless the Mayor was already in a tizzy over the Humans coming to her town. An unannounced Royal visit probably didn't help her nerves. She'd need her by her side in the days to come, preferably before Celestia got a hold of her. Knowing her sister, she'd probably welcome the Humans with open hooves. It was always the same. Discord, the Changelings, she always tried to make bothersome elements her allies, even if it bit her in the flank. It was a large flank too, she'd eaten too many cakes lately.

As she advanced down the street, several of her subordinates split off to their duties. She'd need to get a room (an entire suite really) somewhere, eating arrangements made, apologies made to the gardener, and all the other things which made up a Royal visit. Her chosen servants were more than trusted to handle this on their own without her having to tell them. That's why they had been chosen after all. Initiative as well as dependability, they were a rarity to find together in the same pony, but she'd gone to great lengths to gather such individuals to her side. Discretion as well. The night held many secrets, as did she, and she expected all under her direct control to never divulge them on pain of death.

She could see the ponies that she had come to visit coming into view. Doubtless they'd known she was coming. A giant dark-storm in the sky was hard to miss. Hopefully it hadn't frightened Fluttershy too much. She was fond of the little yellow-pink mare. After all, she was kind even to bats, which most ponies generally despised. She herself had a roost of the cute little buggers back home, that kept her company on her duties. They, the owls, and the occasional night prowling cat often told her interesting things they had seen in the dark, things she might have been unaware of otherwise.

Thusly Princess Luna regally stepped up to Sugar-cube corner, accompanied by a dozen odd members of her trusted elite guard, and plopped down in a seat. "Hello everypony, Elements of Harmony," she said softly. "I think it's time we had a little chat."

It was a nice bath with oils and bubbles. Very relaxing and cleansing. Twilight scrubbed everywhere and in between the hair follicles of her mane and tail. Also made sure to clean the wings thoroughly and brush her teeth. Spike should be done by now. She washed off and drained the tub, putting towels around her mane and tail so as not to drip. As if by clockwork, she heard Spike call out that lunch was ready. They really knew each other well.

Twilight then headed to the kitchen to eat. "Thank you Spike. We know each other so well that I knew how long you'd take to make lunch. How long until the others show up though? I've been worried we would miss them if we tried to meet them at Sugarcube Corner. I could always do more reading while we wait, but you'd probably be bored." She started on the salad. A very nice salad it was. Spike knew exactly how she liked it.

@@Hypn0ticD,@@Littlecandylulu903, @@Taialin 

Fluttershy felt a bit better after all of her friends came to support her. She crept out the bush she hi in and shook any leaves or twigs that ended up stuck to her. 

"Ah can't promise that, sugar cube. Ah know they ain't here just yet, but Ah can't really say for where or when those hu-manes'll turn up,"

Oh dear, but I don't want to see any humans at all! Applejack's comment caused some visible unease in Fluttershy's demeanor, but Rarity chimed in and helped settle some of that unease.

"But we will face them together,"

Fluttershy gave her friends a small smile as they continued.

As the group walked to Sugarcube Corner, it seemed the weather was beginning to darken. I thought today would be nice and sunny, better go ask Rainbow Dash what's going on.The group did eventually reach the famous bakery, Sugarcube Corner, without encountering any humans, to Fluttershy's pleasure. Rainbow Dash and Pinkie were already there and soon all of her friends will be together once again. 

@@HigurSan

The calm atmosphere of the bakery was soon interrupted by the entrance of Princess Luna. Fluttershy jumped slightly at the sudden entrance, but soon calmed down once she saw it was just the Princess of the Night. She's not as scary once you know her, she thought as she remembered their first meeting at Nightmare Night. Fluttershy walked over to the table Luna sat down and choose a seat that was opposite of her. Whatever the princess was going to discuss with them, it must be important. 

@@GeneralDirection, @@Windbreaker, @@Love, @@Derplight Sperkle, @@Littlecandylulu903, @@Taialin,

"Ah can't promise that, sugar cube. Ah know they ain't here just yet, but Ah can't really say for where or when those hu-manes'll turn up." Applejack replied.

Applejack caught sight of Rarity's frown, and merely shrugged in response once Fluttershy wasn't looking. Well? What was she supposed to do? Lie to Fluttershy's face? Sure, it would lift Fluttershy's spirits for a time, but it ultimately wouldn't do any good; just about everypone was talking about those aliens, and the poor thing was bound to overhear them!

Applejack extricated herself from the bush, doing her best to pull the twigs and leaves from her mane and fur,whilst mentally noting that she'd have to pull a Rarity that evening and put an extra focus on brushing and washing all the dirt and remaining twigs out. It was well worth worth it, however, as she managed to bring her timid friend around just enough to get her to come with them.

If those hu-manes did turn out to be dangerous, then they had her to deal with--provided the Equestrian Guard somehow failed to put them down...

Applejack looked around as the group made their way to Sugarcube Corner, not being able help but overhear the hushed gossip of townsponies as they passed:

"...Did you hear? They say hu-manes have five arms that have thirty claws on each!"

"That's nothing! I heard they were completely furless and eat meat!"

"Looks like the hu-manes are on everypony's minds, Fluttershy... There's no way around it, Ah'm afraid." Applejack mused aloud, earning herself another frown from the fashionista.

"But we will face them together!" Applejack heard Rarity say, who again doubtlessly hid her perturbation from the cowpony. "We sure will! Don't worry, Fluttershy! We won't let those hu-manes get to ya!" Applejack added; whether or not she noticed Rarity's second frown, she dare not show it.

@@Orion Caelum, @@AspenSwift, @@SwigglySwiggly,

@@RubyW32, @@HigurSan,

"Okay, who wants something?" Spellbind asked upon the party's arrival. "Thanks for the offer, sugar cube, but we gotta be heading out soon for some important business," Applejack replied, flashing an apologetic smile. "Maybe next time?"

"Hiya, girls! And Princess Cadance! Be with ya in a sec!" Pinkie Pie called from behind the counter, as she was attending to a customer. Applejack supposed she couldn't be mad with Pinkie, as she had her job, Rainbow Dash? Applejack met the Pegasus halfway she made her way to over to join the posse.

"Dash! Ah thought you were gonna head down to the train station to pick up Cadance!" AJ hissed in a hushed tone, failing to notice the pony that accompanied her. "Ah thought you were goin' ta meet 'er at the train station... she was already making her way over to Twi's place when we met up with her!"

It was only then AJ noticed the newcomer, which caused her face to go red. "Eh heh. Pardon mah outburst, there. It's just that uhh... Nevermind! Th' name's Applejack! Nice to meet ya!"

Applejack offered her hoof for Ruby to shake* when she caught sight of what appeared to be a Lunar Guard in the corner of her eye. She turned her head and gasped by the arrival of a truly unexpected guest: none other than Princess Luna herself. Cadance's arrival was expected. Luna's arrival, however? It threw Applejack for a loop!

Applejack found her jaw going slack as the Princess of the Night entered the bakery with a retinue of guards. She followed the royal pony with her eyes as she took a seat at a table.

"Hello everypony, Elements of Harmony," the Night Princess said softly. "I think it's time we had a little chat."

Applejack had no clue what to say or do. She looked over to her friends, then to Cadance before speaking again. "Princess Luna?" she began, removing her hat and bowing, "beggin' your pardon, princess Luna, but we didn't know you were a-comin'! We were just gonna head out to Twilight's castle to talk about the hu-manes... if you want, you can come with. Ah'm sure Princess Twilight's dyin' to know more about them!"

@@Hypn0ticD 

Ruby was distracted when she heard AJ's voice talking to her. "Eh heh. Pardon mah outburst, there. It's just that uhh... Nevermind! Th' name's Applejack! Nice to meet ya!" 

"Wha- huh?" She looked at AJ, and noticed her hoof in front of her. "Uhm... Hi! I'm Ruby Wave. I'ts a honor to meet you." She gave her her hoof back, and laughted nervously. "You seem to be in a hurry..." She said remembering the way she talked to Rainbow Dash earlier.*

@@Love

She looked at princess cadence with curiosity and realized she was standing in front of a princess... "Uh... I'm sorry... Princess Cadence, it's a honor." She bowed.*

@@HigurSan

The unicorn looked at the entrance and saw another pony. But not any pony. Princes Luna was there. "Princess Luna? How could this day get any crazier?" She was petrified. She was in the same room with two princesses and almost all the elements of harmony. "what's next? Discord?"

@@bronislav84, @@Derplight Sperkle, @@Hypn0ticD, @@RubyW32, @@Windbreaker,
Princess Luna

The princess smiled softly at the assembled ponies as she received a mixture of gawking and polite greetings. It was exactly the kind of thing she despised. Even for all of the excitement surrounding the various threats to Equestria, this millennia was so... boring. Before she'd been Nightmare Moon, the ponies had been bolder. The sun had shone brighter and the night was darker. The threats were also more powerful, the straits more dire. This peace had its appeal certainly, but it was so bland uninteresting to her, who had grown up when the world was young. A delicate wafer thin tea cup and saucer were set next to her, colored deeper black and onyx and embroidered with shining gold stars. It was like a piece of the night sky had drifted to the table.

She turned her head to regard the gathered Elements as one of her guard poured her a drink from a flask at his side. It shined and pooled in the cup like the reflection of the moon on a clear pond. Raising it to her lips, she took a small sip before setting it back on the saucer. "It is, in fact, the humans about which I would like to talk to you," she stated quietly. It was unlike Fluttershy's quietness, more like a cool breeze in the darkness than a whisper. "A lot of rumors have been flying about lately, and there's been much speculation regarding what they are, and the effect they will have on Equestria." Another sip of the shining liquid was taken. "I am fully intent on putting these rumors to rest with all suitable haste."

"However," she continued as she stood, the cup coming with her under the power of levitation. "There are ponies who seem intent on gossiping and fear mongering, rather than going about their regular activities as they should." The cup, now empty, was placed on the saucer and smoothly withdrawn by the same guard who had poured the drink. "Before any official proclamation can be made, the flow of rumors must first be stopped, lest the true be contaminated with the lies. As such, I would be most obliged if all the Elements of Harmony would come to my quarters after the transition from day to night. I will be staying at..." She turned her head to a Royal Guard, who handed her a slip of paper. After a moment's reading, the paper incinerated itself.

"The Trot and Travel Spa and Inn. A quaint but comfortable place I'm told, the entirety of which I've rented for the duration of my stay. I can see Twilight isn't here. I'll have to send a messenger..." At another look, one of the guards split off, trotting to Twilight's castle. He'd arrive soon enough, delivering a message. It'd probably be Spike either way, but the same visitation request would be made either way. Returning her attention to those gathered, she cocked her head to the side. "But I heard that lovely Cadence will be arriving as well? All we need is my sister and we'd have the full set!" For a moment, a lady-like giggle passed her lips.

"I'll have to see if I can get a hold of her as well." Another guard went trotting off in the background. "But for now, would you mind if I had a muffin Pinkie Pie? Something with... Dark chocolate I think. I'm afraid I forgot to eat breakfast this morning."

• Brohoof 1

@@HigurSan@@Hypn0ticD,

Pinkie picked out a good dark chocolate muffin and brought it over. "Y'know, Princess, you could just come with us to Twilight's place. We're heading there right after I finish work which should be in exactly...2 seconds. We're gonna talk about the Hu-manes anyway, right? And what's more secure than a Princess' castle? Well, I suppose Discord could sneak in, but he's Discord, so he could sneak in anywhere. He's even better at the popping out of nowhere thing than me!"

Within the enthusiasm, Pinkie did have a point. If they were talking about the Hu-manes anyway, it'd be better for Luna to simply accompany them to Twilight's castle. Theatrics are fine, but this was a lot of effort for something that was already going to happen before she came along. Of course, it being Pinkie, her point was hidden amongst a load of rambling, which continued on past the subject of Discord until she looped onto the subject of muffins, proceeding to ask Applejack's opinion.

"Discord can be pretty cool, with all his magic and the chocolate rain... Oh, the chocolate rain... I could go for some chocolate milk right now. Hey, that'd go great with the strawberry muffins, or maybe the caramel. Or what about...hmmm...I dunno what'd go well with the dark chocolate muffins. What do you think, Applejack?"

@@HigurSan, @@Hypn0ticD, @@Derplight Sperkle, @@Windbreaker

Just as Rarity had entered Sugarcube Corner, she heard a flash and saw a rather mysterious out-of-place dark patch right outside the door. Moments later, the Princess of the Night dropped out of the void with her usual troupe of guards. After the sky returned to its usual color, Princess Luna walked inside and sat down, saying, "Hello everypony, Elements of Harmony. I think it's time we had a little chat."

Well. Never a dull moment, Rarity thought. Just as she had run into one Princess today, another appeared in rather dramatic fashion not a few feet from her! Fluttershy, contrary to Rarity's expectations, did not hide or bolt again. Rather, she calmed her momentary surprise and was the first pony to sit down at the table with Luna. Hiding a small smile in approval, Rarity bowed duly at the hooves of Princess Luna before taking her own spot at the table.

"It is, in fact, the humans about which I would like to talk to you," Princess Luna said. She waxed about the rumormongering about the humans that had been running recently and why it needed to be stopped. "I would be most obliged if all the Elements of Harmony would come to my quarters after the transition from day to night. I will be staying at the Trot and Travel Spa and Inn."

"Hmm," Rarity mused aloud. "That would certainly be a prudent step to take, Princess Luna. Celes—" Rarity stopped herself before cursing in Luna's sister's name "—ahem, I know how much of that rumormongering has been clouding the headlines of newspapers and magazines, lately. They're all different, and they all have their own story to tell."

"But Pinkie Pie is correct," Rarity continued, ignoring the inane rambles that Pinkie Pie had seen fit to babble about . . . again. Pinkie was a fine—if bubbly—contributor to any conversation, so long as she stayed on topic, which was not very frequently. "We will be heading to Twilight's castle soon, and if you have a discussion with us, I see no reason why we cannot hold it there in the—"

Rarity cut herself off with a gasp, coming out of high-class socialite mode and going into full dramatic fashionista instead. "Have you seen the throne room yet? It's positively marvelous!" Rarity raved, her eyes sparkling.

@@HigurSan@@Taialin, @@Windbreaker, @@Hypn0ticD, @@Derplight Sperkle, @@bronislav84, @@GeneralDirection@@RubyW32, @@Littlecandylulu903,  

((Oh dear god, I hope I got everyone))

Cadance had been hanging back, gathering her thoughts while her friends discussed everything that was going on, and if she hadn't been so worried about it, perhaps it would have been comical to her. It seemed that indeed, Ponyville was in something of a tizzy. Her presence hadn't been forgotten though, as she heard somepony exclaim her name. She tried to make eye contact with the grey mare with the fiery hair, and winked at her, to try and lighten the mood a bit. She felt more than heard the presence of somepony she hadn't expected, but was grateful for her presence all the same. Aunt Luna, she breathed softly under her breath, a simple sigh of relief.

She then heard Rarity exclaim about the throne room, and was brought stumbling back to reality. She gasped, seeming out of nowhere. "That's right! Twilight's Castle! In all the commotion, it slipped my mind that I haven't seen it!" Then she blushed. Sure glad Twilight isn't here to hear that.

Wilhelm, meanwhile, was on his second cup of tea. When the Princess came in, he held some brief hope that it was the announcement he had been waiting for- but, unfortunately, it was not. Big, dramatic entrance, complete with thunder and lightning? Check. Actual content that was important to him whatsoever? Yeah... Eenope, as Big Mac would say. At this point, he was vaguely irritated, by for some reason, the strange sort of happiness that pervaded Sugarcube Corner put a damper on his more negative emotions. Wilhelm chuckled inwardly; listen to him, happiness possessing a building? Ridiculous.

With that, he calmly went back to his work, finishing a sketch drawing with the careful stroke of a pencil. Looking over the design, noting the twin nacelles, the tapered front, and the peculiar tail, he smiled. It was strange, yes, but it would fly excellently. The gun turret was finally streamlined into the ship, the engines used a reciprocating piston system to collect the extra energy produced by the distilled magic fuel and pressurize the engine and compress the intake airflow, and the impeller engines were something that had almost never been seen in Equestria. Of course, he thought, all of this is merest conjecture, but imagine what I could do with enough time and funding. Perhaps not in my lifetime, but with the help of human scientists and their 'jet engines', well... anything's possible. And how wonderful would that be.

Binding the folder and stamping it with the proper Top Secret Clearance Only at the very top of the folder in bloodred ink, he slipped it back into his suitcase and took out a novel; a Hay Bradbury story, Frost and Fire, he believed. Opening it to the dogeared section he was previously at on the train ride here, he began to read. Every once in a while, however, he would peek over the cover at the other ponies- and, as always, be disappointed that they weren't yet doing anything important.

@@Windbreaker, @@Taialin, @@Love, @@Orion Caelum,

Princess Luna

"Well, I had been meaning to come visit anyways...," she began carefully. "But that was meant to be a month from now. I'm sure it would be a lot of trouble for her to suddenly host all of us without much fore-notice." She paused, seeming to mull over her words. "And it would hardly be proper. There's supposed to be a royal request and the..." With one knee propped on the table, she planted her face in her hoof. "Ugh... There's so much protocol floating around and she's a princess now and..." She went silent. Her guards were all looking at her with something approximating extreme nervousness. They all looked uncomfortable with her candidness. Finally she looked up and took another sip of tea. They began to relax. "Twilight's castle will be alright I suppose," she said. One of the guards began to split off, but she waved him down. The looks of discomfort returned.

"How are you doing, dear Cadence," she eventually continued, shifting her attention. "We hardly get to see each other, with having your own kingdom now. The same thing with Twilight I suppose. There's hardly anypony to talk to at nights recently..." Her face waxed into something inscrutable for a moment before returning to neutral. "How is Shining Armor doing? The Palace guards really miss him you know. They've all been bickering over who ought to take his place." All of her own guards were now looking away out of embarrassment. "You ought to come visit some time. Maybe during Harmony day? Though Discord will be trying to pull pranks, I expect..."

@@HigurSan,

Even with all that was going on, Cadance sighed in relief to have a simple talk with her half of her favorite aunt duo. Luna seemed to be irritated. But then, to be fair, they were all on edge. "Perhaps the peace has lasted a little too long," she said teasingly. "From what I hear, Discord made that last Grand Galloping Gala into quite an event. I do believe I would have liked to meet the acquaintance of this Smooze fellow," she added in a low voice, a small smirk playing across her lips.

Cadance smiled tenderly at the mention of her husband's name. Three years later, they were still very much in the honeymoon period, and even short absences from him made her long for his presence by her side. "Shiny is well," she stated simply. "Although, it does sound like I should send him to Canterlot to knock around a few heads. Bickering. Really, he taught them better," she said, adding a snort, although it was one of endearment, since she too had spent a lot of time with the Royal Guard while Shining Armor had been trying to woo her. "He misses them, too. As do I." She paused with a heavy sigh, thinking of everything that could have been. Cadance certainly hadn't expected to gain her own kingdom, although as usual, Celestia seemed to have known all along. She was grateful for the chance to get to know the Crystal Ponies, but she had also expected to live out her days as an emissary, or some such. Royal diplomat had a nice ring to it. Mostly she had wanted to learn more from Celestia and Luna.

Climbing out of her momentary funk Cadance added "Harmony day, huh? A prank or two might be just what we need." Then her mood went dark again. "Or with the arrival of these hue-mins, not so much."

@@RubyW32, @@HigurSan, @@Windbreaker, @@Taialin, @@Love, @@GeneralDirection, @@Derplight Sperkle,

"You seem to be in a hurry..." Ruby Wave said, to which Applejack nodded. "Yeah, we are as a matter a' fact. Sorry 'bout that, but we need ta meet up with another friend a' ours, and real--"

Applejack was cut off by the sudden arrival of the Night Princess. She watched in stunned silence as the regal Alicorn seated herself and was served what Applejack could surmise as tea only meant for royal tongues by a night guard.

"It is, in fact, the humans about which I would like to talk to you," Luna began. "A lot of rumors have been flying about lately, and there's been much speculation regarding what they are, and the effect they will have on Equestria." Luna said, taking another sip of her drink. "I am fully intent on putting these rumors to rest with all suitable haste."

"But nopony knew what the hu-manes' existence until just a few days ago... Right??" Applejack asked, despite knowing full well she would not receive a direct answer.

"However... there are ponies who seem intent on gossiping and fear mongering, rather than going about their regular activities as they should. Before any official proclamation can be made, the flow of rumors must first be stopped, lest the true be contaminated with the lies. "

'Well, of course there were!' Applejack thought, not daring to speak aloud. 'They're making bits offa copy they sell!'

"As such, I would be most obliged if all the Elements of Harmony would come to my quarters after the transition from day to night. I will be staying at..." Luna paused, taking a moment to read a paper that was hoofed to her by a guard, "The Trot and Travel Spa and Inn." Luna finished, the paper incinerating. "A quaint but comfortable place I'm told, the entirety of which I've rented for the duration of my stay. I can see Twilight isn't here. I'll have to send a messenger..."

"Y'know, Princess, you could just come with us to Twilight's place." Pinkie Pie interjected. "We're heading there right after I finish work which should be in exactly...2 seconds." Pinkie Pie added, making a rather valid point. "We're gonna talk about the Hu-manes anyway, right? And what's more secure than a Princess' castle? Well, I suppose Discord could sneak in, but he's Discord, so he could sneak in anywhere. He's even better at the popping out of nowhere thing than me!"

Again, another good point, mixed in with the beginnings of a Pinkie Pie Ramble.

"Discord can be pretty cool, with all his magic and the chocolate rain... Oh, the chocolate rain... I could go for some chocolate milk right now. Hey, that'd go great with the strawberry muffins, or maybe the caramel. Or what about...hmmm...I dunno what'd go well with the dark chocolate muffins. What do you think, Applejack?"

"Ah think we should talk about the hu-manes at Twi's place, since we're headin' there anyhow!" Applejack responded, ignoring the rant about Discord.

"Hmm," Rarity said aloud, piping in. "That would certainly be a prudent step to take, Princess Luna. Celes—" Applejack turned to face the Unicorn, eyebrow raised. She had never once heard cultured and urbane Unicorn ever use the Solar Deity's name in such a manner! Nevertheless, Rarity stopped herself and recovered.

"—ahem, I know how much of that rumormongering has been clouding the headlines of newspapers and magazines, lately. They're all different, and they all have their own story to tell. But Pinkie Pie is correct. We will be heading to Twilight's castle soon, and if you have a discussion with us, I see no reason why we cannot hold it there in the—" Rarity paused again with a gasp.

"Have you seen the throne room yet? It's positively marvelous!" she exclaimed, her eyes practically twinkling.

Despite the fashionista's outburst, she too had a point. Applejack opened her mouth, but Princess Cadance beat her to the punch.

"That's right! Twilight's Castle! In all the commotion, it slipped my mind that I haven't seen it!"

Yeah, that was right! None of the other princesses got to see much Twilight's castle! What better opportunity to rectify that than than right now?

"Well, I had been meaning to come visit anyways...," Luna mused. "But that was meant to be a month from now. I'm sure it would be a lot of trouble for her to suddenly host all of us without much fore-notice. And it would hardly be proper. There's supposed to be a royal request and the..." Luna then brought one foreleg onto the table, and buried her face in her hoof, which sent her guards into showing visible concern. "Twilight's castle will be alright I suppose." she conceded. One of the guards began to head off to inform Twilight, Applejack again surmised, but Luna forestalled him, causing the looks of concern to return.

"Well, Twilight's certainly not one for proper procedure alla time, Princess Luna! Ah'm sure Twi'll be a bit surprised, but would be mighty happy ta see ya!" Applejack said, a smile forming on her face, happy that Luna convinced herself to come along. "Let's head on out, everypony! Twi's a waitin'!"

• Brohoof 2

@@HigurSan,@@Love,@@Hypn0ticD,@@Taialin,@@Windbreaker

Flutttershy listened to all the ponies talking among themselves. Everypony's mind seemed to be on these humans and Luna seemed very concerned about them. It was great to hear from Princess Luna herself that all those tabloids were wrong, if anypony were to be trusted, it would be the Princesses. Fluttershy's ears perked upon hearing Discord's name thrown in by Pinkie. Of course Discord can go where he wants, but I know he won't disrupt our current plans, I know he won't. 

When Cadance mentioned Discord's fuss at the Grand Galloping Gala, Flutterhsy winced a tiny bit. She knew that it was partially her fault for his actions, but now everything was fine. "Oh I don't know if you really would want to meet Smooze, he was-" Fluttershy was trying to say to Princess Cadance but her words were cut off by Applejack.

"Applejack is right, we should go see Twilight, I think she is worrying a lot about us being late."

• Brohoof 1

@@HigurSan, @@Taialin, @@Windbreaker, @@Hypn0ticD, @@Derplight Sperkle, @@bronislav84,@@GeneralDirection, @@RubyW32, @@Littlecandylulu903, @@Love,

Celestia was not prepared to learn that her sister had gone off to Ponyville so as to meet the humans that would be making an appearance. Yes, admitting that was something she had planned to do but Luna had so disapproval and even upset at the very consideration this was taking place. As such, the older sister was a bit concerned and would have to hurry a bit in getting ready before seeking two of her guards.

After a moment to speak with them the princess turned away before muttering softly to herself, "Of sister dear, please don't get into any trouble." Celestia trusted her sister, but at the same time felt that Luna may well try having her negativity of humans ruin other's excitement and enjoyment of the experience. The scientists had explained well how they planned on finding the write humans to come to Equestria, of them setting up a contest that would in theory bring those who would not harm or bring trouble to Equestria.

The white mare had high hopes herself, looking forward to the opportunity this would bring and with a smile Celestia would close her eyes. With a glow of her horn a magic would surround the princess and her guards before teleporting each of them to where they needed to go. Thus, with a flash of light, they would appear not far from where the princess' beloved student Twilight lived and with a nod to the guards she would go seeking after her sister and the other mares who she had come to know.

(I hope this will do for now, it is late and I am tired. I didn't want Celestia to just appear where everyone was so I have it that it will take one more post before she finds the group ready to see the humans. I'm sorry)

(edited)

@@Taialin, @@Windbreaker, @@Hypn0ticD, @@Derplight Sperkle, @@bronislav84,@@GeneralDirection, @@RubyW32, @@Littlecandylulu903, @@Love,@@EquestrianScholar.

Princess Luna

Luna finished her chocolate muffin and wiped her mouth delicately with a napkin she had produced from somewhere, then replacing it wherever she had gotten it from. As she stood up, her guards all came to attention, apparently thankful to get back to their duties. "Yes," she said to Applejack. "We ought to be heading out. As the delicious as the muffin was, I'm not quite sure I could eat another." In typical princess-y manner, she began walking and seemed to expect the rest to follow her automatically. "Oh, Flutter," she said with a turn of her head. "I've been meaning to talk to you anyways. Some of the young bats in my roost aren't getting their rest properly. Maybe you could-" She paused for a moment.

She could feel a flare of magic nearby, much like her own entrance but more circumspect. It tasted, if such a thing could been described, like vanilla and cream mixed with... that was probably cake. Maybe bananas also? That was probably her sister then. Blast. She'd been hoping to get to Twilight before her. But she'd delayed too long. Blasted delicious muffins. Why must they scorn her so with its chocolatey goodness? Then again, that was probably the same reason why there were persistent rumors about her sister and cake. Maybe it was just genetics. "-take a look at them, see if their eating properly and so on?" The pause had only been a microsecond long.

As they headed down the street, she mulled out of her options. Though she didn't really look where she was walking, she didn't need no. Ponies tended to get out of her way automatically, or move objects blocking her path. She did almost bump into a couple of fruit stands on the way however. It wasn't exactly that she was lost, but rather that she knew -exactly- where she was going and didn't even consider that there might be small things, like houses, in the way. Still, they came out at the Library Castle without much trouble. She'd been mostly silent other than automatic greetings to passerby.

In her mind, gears were whirring away. Twilight would probably go along with whatever her sister said. She'd become more independent lately since becoming an Alicorn, but Celestia was still her mentor. That would likely never change. So with Celestia already telling her how to think about these humans, there was likely little Luna could do to influence her one way or the other. Even if they accidentally blew up the town somehow (which Twilight had done more or less on several occasions) she wasn't likely to be very harsh on there. Celestia hardly ever was harsh on anypony. The only ones that came to mind where the Changelings and Discord in the past. Even then, it had been reluctant.

She'd just have to play it by ear, wait for the humans to make their true natures known. She didn't care what those blasted scientists told her. She'd seen all the reports. It didn't matter, no matter how many upsides they tried to point out to her, she had already seen the terrible results of human influence. She would absolutely never allow them in Equestria. After this little field trip was over, she was going to break the portals, burn the spell books, and make sure that the scientists worked carrot fields or so forth for their rest of their lives. That and she was going to keep a personal eye on the development of technology in Equestria. She'd probably get into an argument with Twilight about that. But nothing remotely like a- suddenly she realized she was at the Library's front door. She knocked on auto-pilot.

Edited by HigurSan
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Was Twilight really that tired? All that reading and no actual information on hyu-manes. If it existed, it sure wasn't in any of these books. Twilight had been enjoying her salad when she just suddenly faceplanted in it. "Huh, wha?" She sputtered, wiping her face with a floating napkin. Twilight had no idea how long she'd been out, but it couldn't have been more than a couple of seconds or there would be salad and dressing up her nose. Also the possibility of choking on it. No, mustn't think about that. Thankfully there actually wasn't much left and it was impossible to choke on, but that also made it impossible to know how much time actually passed. A knocking reverberated through the castle doors.

"Come along Spike, we have visitors." She said as she put on her crown for formality just in case it was a dignitary. She then finished the two bites of salad and left the dish on the table, heading over from the kitchen to the castle gates. Had they really locked it?

Looking down she could see a letter had been slid under the door. It had the seal of Princess Luna. They had been asked to come to Sugarcube Corner?! How long had this been here? The letter floated in the air in case Spike wanted to read it too. But she'd definitely heard the knock that time. Opening the door Twilight saw the Princess herself. She was flanked by her Nightguards as well as the rest of her friends. Twilight hoped they wouldn't have a problem her mane and tail were still wrapped in towels, even if she did wear her crown on top of that.

She looked around the group. "Princess......Everypony......Cadence? Come in, come in!" She'd expected the others, but not two of the other Princesses. The suddenness of her visit didn't matter. Cadence was here! Twilight went over to her quickly and hugged her. Very soon they'd greet each other as they always did, as they did when she came over to sit. 'Sunshine, Sunshine' came naturally to her by now.

Edited by bronislav84
  • Brohoof 1

@@Taialin, @@Windbreaker, @@Hypn0ticD, @@Derplight Sperkle, @@bronislav84,@@GeneralDirection, @@RubyW32, @@HigurSan, @@Littlecandylulu903, @@Love,@@EquestrianScholar.

Spike had already finished his lunch by the time he heard the knocking on the castle door. "Twilght, wait!" he called. "Your mane! It's still wet!" As he ran toward the main entryway of the castle, Spike passed by a few clocks and winced when he read the time on each. It was already early afternoon and his friends had only started to arrive at the castle?

"I was beginning to think they'd never show," Spike muttered under his breath, hoping Twilight didn't catch him. For the split second that they saw the letter on the floor, Spike sighed to himself and shook his head. Don't they know it's faster for Celestia to send letters through me? he thought. How were we supposed to know we should have met in Sugarcube Corner? That feeling dissipated when Twilight opened the door to find their friends and the princesses waiting to go inside.

"Make yourselves at home, everypony," Spike said as he ushered his friends inside the castle.

• Brohoof 1