Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Strange Tales of the Equestrian Idiot RP Thread (See OOC to join!)

Hypn0ticD

@@Hypn0ticD,@,

"Oh. I just trust what Princess Celestia said. I believe that whatever humans Princess Celestia chooses will be good," Fluttershy responded to Princess Luna. After she finished, she retreated a bit into her mane and followed Applejack downstairs to the kitchen.

@,@@Yoshi89,

The kitchen was busy preparing for the party that night. Fluttershy struggled to get through the cooks, since her voice was barely heard over the clatter. She eventually made it through the crowd, finding that Spike had beat her. "I'm so sorry it took me so long, but how are you Princess Cadence?"

• Brohoof 1

@@Hypn0ticD, @@Derplight Sperkle, @, @, @@Yoshi89
Rarity was relieved to have her friends help her with her bags, as usual. Lugging all of them around wasn't easy, but Applejack handled them like she seemed to handle just about every load she carried—without breaking a sweat. After her bags—and everypony else's—were loaded, she boarded the train and found a cushioned seat to sit on. A bump, a jostle, and a few hours later, they were all in Canterlot.

Rarity stayed silent along this trip, as well as when they went to get Princess Cadance. With no ponies to busy herself with, her mind turned inwards. Dear, I do hope these humans will be reasonable. I mean, I always welcome the opportunity to learn about new creatures and such, but to meet some so intelligent and potentially dangerous and helpful at the same time? Best put on my diplomat visage, I think.

So Rarity straightened up a little and raised her chin, looking the part of any other Canterlotian. If her childish enthusiasm or betrayal of nerve were to affect the humans, best to appear as inoffensive as possible, she thought.

She looked around, observing her friends and the various degrees of not-inoffensive they were portraying. Rarity sighed silently. There's just no molding them into shape for the encounter, though. I mean, I love them all, but getting Applejack to behave not-cowgirl and getting Pinkie to behave, well, reasonably, is like trying to move a mountain. It just can't be done.

Rarity let go of her façade and dropped to a more neutral expression. She let out an actual sigh then and lagged behind a little in a deliberate move. If her friends were going to overwhelm and potentially offend the humans, best to stay silent and let her friends make varying degrees of fools of themselves, rather than exacerbate the problem by trying to make excuses for them. No use martyring oneself when nothing would be accomplished.

Rarity sighed again. This was why ambassadors and diplomats were so well trained to handle situations like this. She and her friends were not ambassadors or diplomats in any sense of the word.

• Brohoof 1

@@GeneralDirection, @@Windbreaker, @, @@Derplight Sperkle, @@bronislav84, @@Taialin, @@RubyW32, @@Yoshi89, @@EquestrianScholar,

@@Zhooves, @@Pripyat Pony, @,

((Worked with Windbreaker on this post. Sorry it took so long!))

Inkwell paced back and forth for what seemed to be the umpteenth time before checking his watch yet again. In the waiting game that he was forced to play, he had managed to study the room in a bit more detail: lovely pastel and jewel toned walls almost completely obscured by bookshelves as high as the ceiling, each filled to capacity with various books. In the corner were two large, rather antiquated statues of Princesses Celestia and Luna rearing up and facing one another. To the left of them was a coat rack, a single large cloak upon one hook.

He had been in this room far too long. Inkwell Where was that human? Was he even coming? The Unicorn sighed. He better not have backed out!

It seemed as if he did. Inkwell removed his spectacles with his magic and polished them. "I'll give him a few more minutes, then--" *whoosh.*

The human stepped out of the portal, looking around and seeming somewhat confused and forlorn. Inkwell noticed this and frowned. "Alexander Nathaniel Jones, I take it?"

The human nodded. "Yes, that's me. Uh, nice to meet you, Mr..." He paused, as if to ask the small talking stallion his name. There were a few signs of this being a conscious decision, rather than just Alex being away from his YouTube job.

"Inkwell," the Unicorn stated. "I wish we could break the ice more, but we have to leave, and now. The Heroes of Equestria are already here, not to mention our princesses. We can't let them know you're here just yet. It'll ruin the surprise!" Inkwell then levitated the cloak over to Alex. "Now put this on. I don't want you to be seen!"

"Wait, wait, what?" Alex asked in surprise, hesitantly taking the cloak. "Hang on a second. I just got here, and this is a lot to take in all at once. Could I at least ask where I am and what I'm doing here?" He asked, his confusion growing with every word the Unicorn said.

Damn, that's right. Unlike many of the other contestants, he didn't know. "It's a long story, but the most important ponies in all our land are about to throw you a welcome party which is being coordinated by one of those ponies, and she happens to be VERY energetic!" Inkwell then took a step forward to press his point. "If she finds you now, you'll never make it to your house before nightfall!"

Alex cringed a little. From the look on his face, it'd be easy to tell that he'd rather get to his new house and adjust a little before trying to interact with anypony. "I gotta be honest...I haven't actually been looking forward to this trip. It's been more stressful than exciting, really." He confessed as he put on the cloak.

Inkwell sighed. He figured as much. "I know. We watched your video when you entered the contest. But still, you didn't have to come, you know. It was an invitation, and nopony'll force you to stay."

"I don't think my fans would see it that way..." Alex said, making sure the cloak was fastened securely. "So, just a few quick questions. Is my luggage taken care of? And can we make time for the Q and A later?" He asked, confusion remaining, but he seemed to understand that they were short on time right now.

"You shouldn't always follow your fans." Inkwell said, already making his way to the door. "Too late for that now, I suppose." With that, the Unicorn opened the door just wide enough to peer out into the corridor beyond. Once he determined the path was clear, he slipped his head back into the room. "Your luggage was delivered last night, and yes, my colleague and I will go back to your house to speak to you both. Now, we have to head out immediately if we're to make it to that Q&A."

Alex nodded, accepting that he had to go along with things for now and that he'd get his answers later. He pulled up the hood and waited for the pony to lead. This would be tricky, but he figured he could avoid detection. After all, it was a matter of patience and timing, wasn't it?

Inkwell turned to face Alex. "Alright, this is it. Stay close to me, and stay quiet. I want to get us out to the taxi before he decides to take off!" With that, the Unicorn opened the door fully with his magic, and stepped out into the hall, which began the arduous task of keeping Alex hidden...

• Brohoof 1

@@Yoshi89, @,@@GeneralDirection, @@Derplight Sperkle,@@bronislav84, @@Taialin,

Applejack overheard Spike’s remark, and rolled her eyes. If Pinkie Pie was anything to go by, the humans were in for quite the overdose of pink!

"I can hardly contain my excitement meeting these humans. I can't take the suspense anymore!"

”We can't wait ta see the humans neither, Spike. In fact, none of us can...”

Applejack then looked back to Rarity, then to Rainbow Dash and frowned in thought. Both of them were uncharacteristically taciturn, and in Rarity's Case, pensive... “You two okay? Cats, or rather, humans got your tongues?”She asked with a wink.

In no time at all, the posse had made it to the castle’s kitchen and reached the Love Princess. "We're all here and Pinkie's just rarin' ta set that party up! You ready ta go?"

Applejack was overtaken by the baby dragon however, who seemed to really want the princess’ attention. "Hi Cadence! How are things at the Crystal Kingdom?"

Applejack cleared her throat but smiled. “Maybe we can visit sometime? Just ta hang out? But in the meantime, why don’t we all get somethin’ ta eat before we get everything ready?”

Princess Celestia

@@Hypn0ticD,

Celestia would look down at the bowing filly, a warm smile on her face though she did wish Applebloom would look up at her. She had especially hoped that the young folly might try to use her big adorable eyes to get her not to tell. Yet such though were not of the task at hoof, and with a soft chuckle the princess would offer her reply.

We understand, though trying to sneak your way into seeing the humans will only cause some undo stress and worry.” The princess would take her hoof and place it under Applebloom's chin before lifting it so the filly could look into her eyes. Offering a warm and inviting smile, Celestia would add, “I will not reveal your activities... yet I hope you might consider coming with me and be with everyone else.

Looking to where everyone would disappear, she would offer the consideration, “Since you are already here, Applejack may consider letting you stay. She may not wish for you to return home alone and with myself by your side she might listen to letting you be a part of this.

Considering her sister, Celestia would add, “Luna may not displeased, along with your sister. Mine may feel it isn't safe and argue against you staying.
Edited by EquestrianScholar

@@EquestrianScholar,

We understand, though trying to sneak your way into seeing the humans will only cause some undue stress and worry.

Apple bloom gulped. She was gonna get in trouble, after all… “Ah know, princess Celestia, but Ah just wanna see ‘em, but AJ won’t…“ Apple Bloom’s words trailed off as the Solar Princess lifted her chin to meet her gaze. “I will not reveal your activities... yet I hope you might consider coming with me and be with everyone else.” she added with a warm smile.

REALLY?!” Apple Bloom squeaked, her eyes widening with excitement. “You mean it, Princess Celestia??

Looking to where everyone would disappear, she would offer the consideration, “Since you are already here, Applejack may consider letting you stay. She may not wish for you to return home alone and with myself by your side she might listen to letting you be a part of this.

It was all she could do to keep from exploding with excitement as Celestia looked over her high shoulder to check on the posse up ahead, who had just went out of sight. In their place however, not too far off in the distance was a taxi crossing a street; the taxi itself was nothing she hadn’t seen, rather, it was one of the passengers that had caught her eye…

Since you are already here,” Celestia continued, regaining Apple Bloom’s attention, “Applejack may consider letting you stay. She may not wish for you to return home alone and with myself by your side she might listen to letting you be a part of this.” Celestia paused a moment in thought, then went on, “Luna may not displeased, along with your sister. Mine may feel it isn't safe and argue against you staying.

Well, Applejack’s sure ta raise a fuss with me, but maybe she won’t send me home right away…” Apple bloom said, lowering her head as she was now in thought herself. “But with you by my side Princess, Ah’m sure she won’t send me home right away… But Princess Luna…” Apple Bloom looked up to Celestia once more, beaming brightly. “Maybe we can convince Luna, too! Ah can show both her and my big sis that Ah can really be a big help in welcomin’ the humans!

@@Derplight Sperkle@@Yoshi89, @@Hypn0ticD@@Taialin,

"Goodness, you're here early!" Cadance said in surprise when she noticed Fluttershy and Spike. The glancing outside to see where the sun was, she chided herself. "Or I'm running late! I'm so sorry, I meant to meet you all at the train station. Spike, lovely to see you, the Crystal Empire fairs quite well. Getting ready for our new arrivals," she said with a wink. "I think we should get out of the kitchen staff's way though. Can you lead me to the rest of the group?" Cadance shooed everyone from the kitchen, asking for a large service to follow, so that everyone could be well fed before the humans arrived. "I'd love you all to come whenever you like! I'm always happy to host!"  

Cadance tried to catch Rarity's eye, but it seemed the fashionista was stewing, probably over the humans. Cadance, the ever optimist was trying to stay positive, but she certainly understood Rarity's apprehension. Not for the first time, Cadance wished her husband was here. Banishing her dark thoughts with a shake of her head, she plastered a smile on her face, ready to take on whatever Equestria threw at her.

@@Pripyat Pony @@Hypn0ticD

"Well, I have been a little here and a little there, wandering around playing my tune... Seen a few places, especially in the west. I even came upon a desert, which partially halted me travels... But there are always a way to go, and news of strange beings soon to appear here had reached even there." he said, with a lightly displeased expression as he mentioned the desert.

Almost as soon as he had finished, he noticed a taxi carriage rushing past them.

"Well, they seemed short on time..." he mumbled partially to himself before continuing; "There was a strange figure sitting in it too...", as he scratched the back of his head with a hoof.

Edited by Zhooves

Ooc: I'm so hacked off. I typed up a huge post, then the bucking internet went off. :angry:

@@Zhooves,  Clover too had seen the weird creature in the back of the cab. "I wonder what the creatures can be?" she asked. "I just caught a glimpse, but it didn't look like a pony or even a griffon. You're so lucky, being able to travel. I've mostly stayed in Trottingham, giving magic lessons and writing my magic books."

post-1908-0-47399500-1392104753.png

@@Hypn0ticD, @@Taialin, @@Derplight Sperkle,

"I see," is all the princess would say in response to Apple Jack and Fluttershy. She would fallow quietly behind them, only pausing when she heard the white mare's sigh. Turning to Rarity, a look of concern would fill the princess's face. "Rarity, I take it that you are having second thoughts about our...visitors as well?" Perhaps Rarity shared the same feelings on the matter. "I too have my doubts and worries on this meeting. Though I trust my sister, I can not help but thinking that one small misunderstanding could...derail this whole process." Forcing a smile, she would continue. "Celestia, as do I, have complete faith in you and all your friends. It is the outside factors that worry me."

@,

As they entered the kitchen, Luna would nod to her niece. "It appears that you have all under control here. That is one less item I have to worry about."

@@Pripyat Pony

"Aye, being free to travel and move around as one wish is great, though to be settled has its pros too. Would you not be able to take a break every now and then, have a trip by yeself or with friends? I suppose coming with me once sometime could be fun." he said to Clover.

"I guess one interesting bit when travelling is how you will not always know where you will end up, or how time passes..." he continued, before slowly turning his head to where the cab had gone to.

"You do not suppose those creatures could have arrived already?"

@@Hypn0ticD,

“You two okay? Cats, or rather, humans got your tongues?” She asked with a wink.

"Huh? The pegasus blinked a few times. "Oh...I'm just tired, that's all."

Rainbow's stomach started rumbling.

"Heh...and I guess it wouldn't hurt to have a bit of food right about now." She said with a grin. A few minutes later, they arrived at the castle kitchen and found Princess Cadence.

Once they had greeted the princess, AJ then asked if everyone wanted to get something to eat. 

"Getting something to eat sounds fine by me!" She replied enthusiastically.

@@GeneralDirection, @@Windbreaker, @, @@Derplight Sperkle, @@bronislav84, @@Taialin, @@Yoshi89, @, @@GeneralDirection, @@bronislav84,

"Huh?" Rainbow Dash said, seemingly returning from a reverie. "Oh...I'm just tired, that's all." Applejack nodded in response; she didn't get as much sleep as she would've liked either. The thought of welcoming new visitors from another world was just too exciting to her!

"Goodness, you're here early!" Cadance said as Applejack entered the kitchen, accompanied by Fluttershy, Rarity and Spike. Looking out the window, she then said, "Or I'm running late! I'm so sorry, I meant to meet you all at the train station. Spike, lovely to see you, the Crystal Empire fares quite well. Getting ready for our new arrivals." Applejack shook her head but smiled as the princess responded to the baby dragon’s inquiry. Far be it for him to let anypony forget his heroic deeds in the Crystal Empire.

"I think we should get out of the kitchen staff's way though. Can you lead me to the rest of the group?" Cadance asked, getting everypony out of the kitchen, a retinue of chefs in tow. "I'd love you all to come whenever you like! I'm always happy to host!"

Ah’m lookin’ forward ta it, Princess Cadance! It'd be good ta see you and Shining Armor again!” Applejack said as she and her friends led her to the rest of the group, helping herself to an apple fritter from a platter. “Mmmph. These're good, but they're not Apple Family fritters!" Applejack mused aloud.

Applejack and her crew continued to lead Cadance back to the others when Princess Luna seemed to address Rarity. "Rarity, I take it that you are having second thoughts about our...visitors as well?" Applejack looked over to the ivory Unicorn, who still seemed lost in thought. "I too have my doubts and worries on this meeting. Though I trust my sister, I can not help but thinking that one small misunderstanding could...derail this whole process."

"Ah still think we should give 'em a chance, Princess Luna. Who knows? They could be just as anxious as we are!" the farmpony then polished off her fritter before taking another and offering it to the Lunar deity. "In the meantime, why don't we just sit down an' get somethin' ta eat!"

@@GeneralDirection, @@Windbreaker, @, @@Derplight Sperkle, @@bronislav84, @@Taialin, @@RubyW32, @@Yoshi89, @@EquestrianScholar, @,

"...Dammit." Inkwell muttered under his breath. All had been going well when he led Alex down the first few corridors, surprised at all of the hiding spots he had come across when a guard or castle worker, but now, now that the were upon the final, but most difficult stretch. To make matters worse, four of the Heroes had just emerged from the kitchen. "Damn it all..." He then turned to fetch Alex, whom he had left hiding behind one of the castle's many large pillars. "Alex," he hissed. "We're almost there, but we have a bit of a problem..."

"What kind of problem? Security?" Alex whispered back. He tried thinking of this like he would in a stealth-based video game like Thief, hoping it would give him some idea of how to approach this situation.

"More like the V.I.P. variety. Princess Cadance and four of our Heroes are here heading out of the kitchen. What's more, they have an army of chefs with them!"

"How much cover in there? Any ways we can slip through or around enemy territory?" He asked. "And which Heroes are they? I forget...or didn't really know too well in the first place."

"Long story, but the Heroes saved Equestria five times*, If I can recall. They're a real big deal around here!"

"I see... So, what's the plan? How are we gonna avoid being spotted?" Alex asked. If he knew the layout of the place, he might be able to piece together a plan.

"For now, you're gonna have to stay here, because there aren't any places to hide in the next corridor. Once they've all passed, we run for it."

Alex nodded. He didn't have much choice but to trust Inkwell at the moment. Of course, there was always a wrench in the plan. As if on cue, that wrench manifested itself in the form of a certain pink mare. "Whacha whispering about, Mr Secret Science Pony? I saw you peek into the kitchen then bolt, so I thought 'hmmm...looks suspicious', so I had to investigate. What are you hiding Mr Secret Science Pony?" Pinkie asked, grinning deviously like she'd just thought of a clever trick in a prank party.

'No. No, nononono NO!' Inkwuell's eyes widened as he jumped. Beads of sweat formed on his forehead. 'PLEASE, Celestia, don't let her find out!' Inkwell inhaled deeply, quickly plastered a smile on his face, and whipped around. "You've caught me.... Pinkie Pie, was it? You've caught me preparing a speech for my students regarding the humans' arrival. I just want to make sure it sounds compelling when I say it out loud, is all!" he said, adding a laugh, doing his best to hide his nervousness.

"Really? That's really nice of you, giving them such a warm welcome. It's just what we need to complete their welcome party!" Pinkie said, before noticing the cloaked figure. Alex hoped she wouldn't draw attention to him. He really wasn't ready to meet and greet when he barely had time for a coffee break. Then... She said it. "Who's this?"

'Dammit! Think of something!' Inkwell darted his eyes to the human, than flashed a wan smile. "This is an ambassador for the Minotaurs. He was just on his way to meet with Celestia."

Inkwell then glanced up at the others, noting that they were about halfway down, yet Pinkie had managed to attract Applejack's attention... "...Pinkie??" Fantastic. As if he didn't enough to deal with??

"He's kinda small for a minotaur, and pretty thin. Besides, he doesn't seem to have horns, and why would he wear a cloak?" Pinkie asked in a curious tone, all these terms flying right over Alex's head.

Damn and blast it, this mare was persistent! "I have no clue about that, I'll admit, but perhaps you can tell Celestia that he's requesting an audience with her?" He asked, lifting an eyebrow. "You are meeting with her later, are you not?"

"Oh! I should go and get Princess Celestia, then!" Pinkie said. 'Yes~! Forgive me for using you in a lie, Your Majesty, but I must protect Alex's-- Pinkie Pie darted over to AJ, who had closed some distance between herself and the. "Could you watch Mister Secret Science pony while I get Princess Celestia?"

"Shore thing, Pinkie!" Applejack said, finally reaching them. "Who's this here fella?" She asked, trotting over to Alex, sniffing the air before him, frowning thoughtfully.

Alex bit his lip under the hood, trying not to make any sounds for fear of it compromising him and Inkwell whilst Pinkie trotted off to find Princess Celestia, leaving Inkwell and Alex alone with Applejack, who stepped even closer to Alex, getting more of his scent. "You shore he's a Minotaur? He don't smell like one! In fact, that's not a scent Ah've ever smelled afore, and Ah've been all over Equestria!"

"Yes! Yes, he is!" Inkwell said, louder than he would've liked. He sandwiched himself between the farm pony and the human, mentally kicking himself for not having something to mask his scent. "I'm sure he has somewhere to be, as do you--" " Oh, nonsense! Perhaps we can help 'im out!" Inkwell's blood ran cold as Applejack turned and called out to the others, "Hey, everypony! We got ourselves a guest! Maybe we can show 'im around!"

After parting with the others as they entered the castle Twilight had an idea. A feast. The visitors shouldn't go out on an empty stomach, and no doubt a feast would go well with Pinkie's party. But what did they like? The castle library should have all kinds of books on food for important dignitaries. They were from another place altogether, but she was sure the food was at least similar. After dropping off her's and Spike's things at the tower they usually stayed at she went off to the castle library. Soon enough, she found many books on many different kinds of food she thought the humans might enjoy and how to prepare it. Floating the many books behind her Twilight headed over to the kitchen to show the staff the options she thought would be appropriate, and noticed her friends with a curious.....someone? Something?

@@Zhooves, "I would like that very much, if you wouldn't mind," Clover replied, with a warm smile. "I can take a break soon, I have nearly finished the magic book I have been working on for a while, and the term of magic lessons is almost finished. Of course, I did take a break from writing my book to come and see the strange aliens. Who could resist?"

@@GeneralDirection, @@Windbreaker, @, @@Derplight Sperkle, @@bronislav84, @@Taialin, @@RubyW32, @@Yoshi89, @@EquestrianScholar,

Colette stirred, stretched, and rose from her bed. How long was she out? After a quick check of her phone, she found she only slept a few hours. Sighing, she got out of the bed, slipped on a pair of flip flops, then stepped outside of her room. 'Might as well explore for a bit whilst I'm awake!'

Was the other guy here yet? "Hello??" She called out into the hall. No response. She made her way down the hall to where the door to the other bedroom was, and knocked. "You here yet??" Again, no response. Colette then slowly turned the doorknob, then opened the door to reveal a still unoccupied room. "Wonderful. He better not've chickened out, or I'll find him and beat his ass when I get back!" She muttered.

She closed the door and made her way down the stairs, calling out once again in hopes of educing a response, only to call out in vain once more. Colette passed through the kitchen, foyer, living room, before coming across a door she hadn't seen the first time she had wandered around. She opened it to reveal an unfurnished room, and it made her smile. "Looks like I found my new studio~!" She said in a sing-song voice, clapping her hands together. "Sorry, other dude, but you snooze, you lose!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Aaand --- there!" Colette said, smiling as she turned on her recording sign. "Not perfect, but it'll do for now!"

She then stepped back into the room and began to play a for a little while...

@@Hypn0ticD

Alex kept as quiet as he could, unwilling to speak or do anything of any sort to try and tip off the orange pony. But she seemed nice enough. Better than the pink one who just bounced away, and by the sounds of things, meeting with a Princess. He felt nervous and light-headed. "Um...c-could I have a glass of water please? I...I think I'm going to faint any moment now. It's, uh...It's my first time here..."

@@EquestrianScholar,

Pinkie bounced around, looking for Princess Celestia, intending to tell her about the minotaur dignitary that the scientist had brought with him. After all, if he's a dignitary, it stands to reason that the Princess should know about it. She'd surely tell Luna and things could proceed in an official fashion. Not that Pinkie observed official in the same regard as others, being an energetic nutball.

(Short-ish post, but I'm still alive)

@@Hypn0ticD, @@Windbreaker, @@GeneralDirection, @, @@Derplight Sperkle, @
One's own thoughts were a terrific distraction against all the noise that happened around oneself. Yes, Applejack might have asked a question in jest, or Princess Cadance might have been trying to get her attention, but that was all just varying degrees of noise against her worries about the humans and what picture they'd convey upon their arrival. It was only when Princess Luna addressed her directly that Rarity broke out of her reverie, and only that after a few seconds.

"Rarity, I take it that you are having second thoughts about our . . . visitors as well?"

". . . oh, eh, wha?" Rarity furrowed her brow and tried to recall what exactly it was that Princess Luna had said to her. She scooted closer to her and spoke in a low whisper, trying to make their conversation private. "Ah, I apologize for my unconscientiousness, Princess. But you are correct, mostly. I do fear the character of our new arrivals, but I also fear what we will do to them. And I appreciate the vote of confidence in us, but you could not say that Pinkie's particular . . . style of greeting others is necessarily the most conservative method. I realize it worked with the yaks, but—"

Rarity was interrupted by a commotion that seemed to be coming from the pony and rather tall, hooded figure outside of the kitchen. Naturally, Pinkie Pie and Applejack were the first ponies to encounter the situation. Of course. Pinkie was making a fool of herself, as she always did, and Applejack, while less offensive, was still being rather crass in her choice of greeting. Rarity leaned over and said out of the corner of her mouth, "See what I mean?"

Come to think of it, this pony's story wasn't particularly convincing. He was lying through his teeth—that much was clear—and that gave reason for Rarity to believe this tall figure was certainly not a minotaur ambassador. What other tall two-legged species was Rarity privy to, then? Not many, save for one she learned about not a few hours ago. She still had her doubts, but given by the fact that they were all planning to meet humans soon, and here was a tall figure that matched their specifications to a tee . . . it was fairly trivial to make the necessary connections.

"Um . . . c-could I have a glass of water please? I . . . I think I'm going to faint any moment now. It's uh . . . it's my first time here."

Rarity rolled her eyes. Bingo. Only a truly incompetent ambassador would say that "it was their first time." An incompetent ambassador or a confused alien visitor—one of the two, and Rarity had already placed her bets on which one it was. But not seeking to make a commotion, Rarity probed her magic in the kitchen, quickly filled a glass with water, and garnished it with a lemon slice before proffering it to the figure duly, up where she presumed their face would be. "There you are, dear." And whether the human would see it or not, Rarity smiled wanly and said, "Welcome to Equestria."

He definitely didn't look like a minotaur, and she had spent a while mistakenly reading up on them. Not tall enough, and no horns under that cloak. More concerned with her floating books and passing the information to the cooks, Twilight simply passed by the now outed human. "It is nice to meet you." She bowed. "Looks like you've been outed." She whispered this to him as she headed into the kitchen to impart wisdom on the cooks. Her multitude of cookbooks floated behind her into the kitchen, being laid out on the tables. It was not the time for them to formally meet and she wanted to get this feast right. She trusted her friends to take care of him.

Twilight then started to exercise her knack for organizing to get the welcome feast on track. This first, then this, this goes there, this will happen, followed by this. Yes that would do. The cook ponies fell in line as she showed them the recommended recipes.

Finally she noticed Cadence. Did the others just leave her here? Twilight headed over to her sister in law and smiled happily. "Oh, Cadence. Were you helping in the kitchen too?"

Edited by bronislav84

@@GeneralDirection, @@Windbreaker, @, @@Derplight Sperkle, @@bronislav84, @@Taialin, @@RubyW32, @@Hypn0ticD, @@EquestrianScholar,

Spike understood the importance of Cadance getting ready for the big feast ahead of them and wrapped up the conversation as he, Applejack and Fluttershy were ushered out of the kitchen. "It's okay, Cadance," he called. "You seem to have a lot on your plate." He saw Applejack sneaking a fritter before they left the kitchen and his own stomach started to growl. I'd better grab a quick bite or I'll never make it through without meeting these humans! he thought. Further down from the platter stood a plate of cookies and Spike swiped a couple. "I'm sure they won't notice," he whispered to himself before biting into one.

Once he was finished eating the other cookie, Spike looked up to see Applejack and Pinkie Pie conversing with a strange cloaked figure. His head then followed Pinkie Pie as she zipped off in search of Celestia. "This must be one of the humans they're talking about," Spike said to himself. "But why is he calling himself a minotaur? He's doesn't look buff enough." He then saw Rarity levitating a glass of water over to where he stood. For a moment, he thought about introducing himself as well but stopped when he saw Twilight rushing for the kitchen with a several cookbooks in her magical aura. "Twilight?" he called to her, running towards the kitchen doors. "Hey, Twilight! Wait up! Do you have everything covered?"

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

@@Zhooves, "I would like that very much, if you wouldn't mind," Clover replied, with a warm smile. "I can take a break soon, I have nearly finished the magic book I have been working on for a while, and the term of magic lessons is almost finished. Of course, I did take a break from writing my book to come and see the strange aliens. Who could resist?"

North kept on listening to Clover with his head still turned in the direction the carriage had gone. After a quick moment of silence after Clover had finished talking, his ears perked up a bit.

"...Can you hear that?" he almost mumbled to himself, a look of wonder and mystery slowly getting to his face.

"Somewhere in the direction the carriage went... Strange sounds of music..." he continued before starting to take a few slow steps in its direction.

"Want to have a look? It is still a while till those creatures are supposed to appear, is it not?"

@@Zhooves, "It is, but I'm very curious about what that music is," Clover replied. Her ears pricked up as she listened to the strange music, which seemed to get clearer all the time.

"Maybe it's the aliens making the music!" Clover exclaimed suddenly. "Let's go and see. I wonder, how can they make music without hooves and horns?"

@@Hypn0ticD,@@Windbreaker, @@Taialin

Fluttershy got caught up in the middle of the rush of chefponies and others getting the party. "Oh excuse me, pardon me, please let me through..." Fluttershy said in vain to all the ponies around her. She saw the familiar jumping head of Pinkie Pie and Applejack's hat above the crowd. Suddenly an idea lit up in Fluttershy's head as she decided to take flight above the crowd. Fluttershy smiled a little to herself as she flew towards her friends.

As she neared, Fluttershy noticed a rather tall figure with a cloak around it. That can't be a pony, she thought. Once Fluttershy found an open area to land, her hooves landed softly on the ground. A few tentative steps later, Fluttershy was behind her friends, afraid of what this mysterious figure was. It looked like Rarity served the creature a glass of water. 

Fluttershy mustered all the courage she could and asked Rarity, "Who is that?"

• 2 weeks later...
post-1908-0-47399500-1392104753.png

@@Taialin, @@Windbreaker, @@Hypn0ticD,@@Derplight Sperkle, @@Yoshi89,

With a sign, Luna would nod. "I remember all too well the greeting I received during Nightmare Night from Pinkie Pie. Her, what word should I use to describe it....antics where very crude and easily misinterpreted." The memory of the mare's playfulness being mistaken for fear immediately popped to mind. What worried Luna the most was how the citizens of Ponyville seemed to blindly agree with the pink mare. It Pinkie where to do something similar here, with all the extra ponies in attendance, the results would be disastrous. Looking over to Apple Jack, Luna would nod and accept the fritter. "Perhaps you are right. Perhaps this worry is coming from my empty stomach."  Within a few bites, the fritter would disappear.

The night princess would take note of what was transpiring with Pinkie Pie and the pony and hooded figure she and Apple Jack where conversing with. With a subtle twitch of her ear, Luna would focus her attention on their conversation. With all that was going on, she could not be too careful. Upon hearing the word ambassador, Luna's full attention was on the hooded figure. Something felt out of place to her. Slowly the princess would make her way over to the commotion. "I could not help but take notice of your arrival ambassador. Greetings. I am Princess Luna, Co-Ruler of Equestria, and Princess of the Night." Squinting her eyes, she would scrutinize everything about the cloaked figure as she looked him over from head to toe. "I believe my sister is occupied." Luna's wings would stand erect as she took a formal tone. "Perhaps there is something that I can help you with...ambassador." Luna herself would also take notice of the difference in aroma near the hooded figure.

Luna would glare at the pony with the hooded figure. "A tad on the defensive side, are we?" She would say with a small amount of sarcasm in her voice. "It is quite rare for an ambassador not to be accompanied by security of their own kind, is it not?"