Flareblood

General Questions What's a "ponysona"?

My question is in the title. :P

Just like a "Fursona" from the Furry fandom, it's the creation and interpretation of a character by someone, it's just like the "next step" of creating an OC, where you sometimes act like your "Ponysona" in some situations.

• Brohoof 1

Badges

Its a pony oc/designed that shares features and characters of the

person behind it. Such as a example,  you fear bees in real life than

your oc/persona also shares this fear and trait or you have a short

temper and such so does your ponysona also shares in this trait or

I have glasses in RL and so does my oc also have glasses and brown

hair/mane.

Its giving parts of yourself into a oc which is like you but maybe just

a bit off.

• Brohoof 1

Badges

A Ponysona is exactly what it sounds like: a pony persona. Your ponysona is an OC that represents you. With it, you can make yourself a royal guard, a librarian, and even an alicorn if you wanted to. Ponysonas don't necessarily have to be ponies, either. It can be a dragon, a griffon, a cow, a ghost, etc. The only limit is your imagination, and all that matters is that you have fun with it.

• Brohoof 1

A ponysona is a derivative of the fursona, one based in the MLP fandom. In fact, a person's ponysona could be their main fursona in some cases. It is essentially an OC, which functions as an alter ego of the creator.

• Brohoof 1

It's basically an OC based on your own personality and appearance

• Brohoof 1

A 'ponysona' is basically a 'pony persona'. A similar concept is the Furry 'fursonna'. It occurs in other fandoms as well, but aren't as obvious there.

The idea is that it's an Original Character (OC) that is extremely personal, and is used to represent a specific person in the fandom. Often it is an idealized version of the person, put into a My Little Pony form-factor. It's often used as a Avatar for that person online, and if they are of a role-playing bent they might post as that character rather than themselves.

For an example, I post using the character name Fhaolan. This is more than just a callsign or nickname. Fhaolan is actually a character that I used to use to represent me in several writing and role-playing forums, MOOs, and other online systems. Way back when, I used 'Fhaolan' as a Fursonna. A stand-in, an avatar for myself who was significantly different from me, but that I wanted to be more like. Over the years that's shifted and Fhaolan is now just a nickname that just happens to be of an old character of mine. This is all pre-Bronydom. I've not created a 'ponysonna' as such.

EDIT: Just some further information. I remember seeing the 'personna' thing long before Furries and Bronies. The first time I ran into this was in the Star Trek fandom. Many fans trying to keep the fandom alive after the original series was cancelled created their own Star Trek personas, taking on Star Fleet ranks and the like.

• Brohoof 3

A ponysona is basically what you see yourself as an MLP character.

You can give your character any qualities and characteristics you'd like along with race, colors, etc.

• Brohoof 1

My question is in the title. :P

Many accurate answers have been bestowed to you. I'll close this one out as there is nothing I can add to it.

• Brohoof 2