Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Punishing Starlight Glimmer

Grtxkkyz

Since Starlight will perhaps come back (according to Jim Miller) to try and get her revenge on the Mane Six for bringing down her equalist dystopia, if she is defeated for good this time, what could be the most fitting comeuppance for her? She's way eviler than Sunset Shimmer in the first EG movie, so, do you think she should be:

*Banished to the moon

*Imprisoned as a stone statue

*Thrown into jail

*Sent to Tartarus

*A complete trial with Equestrian laws (would end with her sent into jail anyway)

*Another kind of punishment

• Brohoof 1

She'll just be reformed if she is 'defeated', i doubt she'd be outright killed, or sent the Tartarus, i guess a boring ol' dungeon maybe?

I hope she's never defeated for good personally. But god forbid if this show has a recurring antagonist.  :maud:  

• Brohoof 6

Put into jail and reformed if possible. She's not some super powerful beast like Nightmare Moon or Discord, she can't make night eternal or rain chaos on the land. Sending her to the moon or turning her to stone when she's not that big a threat seems incredibly cruel.

• Brohoof 1

She went in to that cave right? That cave could have multiple exits. What if she finds an exit near Ponyville and takes her revenge by taking all the cutie marks of the pony's in Ponyville? And then a force of Alicorns (Celestia, Luna, Cadence and Twilight) merging in to a unbeatable force of magic and take her down for ever. Could be a thing right?

Anyway, Thats what i expect. :huh:

Cheers, ~FlyingSparkle

• Brohoof 3

I'd say Twilight makes a portal and sends her to

a bad cartoon like Uncle Grandpa and leaves her

to rot...

• Brohoof 4

Unless she comes back and really brings the evil, I think that being incarcerated in Tartarus (with the likes of Tirek) would be too harsh a punishment.  Though she went about things the wrong way (particularly where the Mane Six are concerned), she seemed to genuinely think she was providing a service to the townsponies.  She wasn't trying to enslave the ponies solely to achieve her own selfish goals; I'd characterize her ideology as contentment through conformity.  It was when she deprived some ponies of choice that she went wrong.

Though, personally, I'd always choose individuality.

• Brohoof 4

She isn't a magical powerhouse like Tirek or Discord. I doubt they can send her to Tartarus. I think the most likely outcome is that she learns The True Meaning of Friendship­™ and reforms.

• Brohoof 2

Well, maybe exile, I guess? I dunno, it would depend on how her character develops over the course of the season.

Oh, I'd say about what Ramsay Bolton did to Theon Greyjoy.

Dear God NO!  :o

• Brohoof 1

Or even worse, Equestria Girls.

Dear lord they wouldn't!

I feel that Starlight Glimmer should be killed like King Sombra was. I don't like people that force you to live a different life than what you want.

I can agree there.

• Brohoof 1

Trixie took an entire town hostage. If anyone should have a cell next to Tirek, it's her, but did she get any sort of punishment? Nope.

Nothing significant will happen to Starlight, beyond petty personal humiliation.

• Brohoof 1

This thread appears to be discussing MLP:FiM in some way, shape or form. Thus, it has been sentenced to Show Discussion.

• Brohoof 2

I wouldn't want to punish her. I'm not sure why, but I pity her in a way. And it's not like she was a ruthless tyrant. 

She definitely deserves a trial, not just instant imprisonment.  Also, I'd have to say that being imprisoned in stone would probably a be fate worse than death, assuming that you're entirely conscious the whole time like Discord was. You'd honestly might as well just have her executed. 

• Brohoof 3

I think she will end up as the main villain in the Season 5 finale and she will either be reformed or imprisoned somewhere. Think about it, she has the power to remove cutie marks and in the episode she said that she needed the cutie marks for her cause. Obviously she has been planning on using enough cutie marks for something.

• 7 years later...
On 2015-04-12 at 11:24 AM, Red Cedar said:

Trixie took an entire town hostage. If anyone should have a cell next to Tirek, it's her, but did she get any sort of punishment? Nope.

Nothing significant will happen to Starlight, beyond petty personal humiliation.

Trixie never had a cell, she was reformed twice.

• 3 months later...