Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general questions ? in Equestria (CYOA, need Admin/Mod approval)

~Rogue~
Go to solution Solved by Jeric,

I'm something a little different, a Choose Your Own Adventure, but rather than each person having their own character, the people control one collective character, of whom is a unicorn. The thread collectively decides on what skills to learn, what choices to make, and what to do in combat.

The reason I ask for an admin is because I have no idea where the placement of this should be, since this isn't quite roleplay.

Combat works like Final Fantasy or any other RPG game. You can level up skills, increase magic, and craft helpful objects like in any other RPG. Allies will even help you in battle, some of whom you may even know. You can select their moves too, they may however, choose to not listen. Using skills in and out of combat may be entirely luck based, with a higher success chance with more status points.

I will most likely have a pastebin of all the spells, skill trees, and other necessary things to go with it. It will also be awesome to have a drawfriend join us and sketch some of the situations at hand, to help other people in the CYOA visualize what is happening.

If I can gather enough people and get mod/admin approval, I will make a thread in the real RP area and start with the CYOA and this may be used as an OOC where people can discuss what to level and what complicated choices to make.

Cheers

-Rogue

• Brohoof 2

I'm moving this one to the Site Questions & Tech Support section, as this could possibly land in several different sections of the Forum, not just RP World.

This is a tricky one. Because it's based on a RPG-like system, I can see the argument that it belongs in the RP area. However, if there's a single character, and it's being controlled by a group vote, I'm not seeing how the various players are going to do any role playing as such. Because of that, it does feel more like a non-RP game, and as such would belong in the Forum Games section.

However, I could also see the argument this could be a special type of interactive Fan Fiction, as most 'choose your own adventure' books are. The difference being this has a RPG system behind it, being more the Adventure Gamebook genre like the Fighting Fantasy series. So I'm still leaning towards Games.

That said, I'm not the final authority on this and I think this deserves a discussion. So I'm opening it up here. :)

• Brohoof 2

, CYOA would work best as a Fan Art - Fan Fiction topic as a 2nd person POV CYOA narrative is a form of creative writing. How I would imagine this on MLPF is a series of polls. Start the story with the options listed in a poll. Once the readers have made their choice you have the ability to update the poll after continuing the story with the next set of actions available. Wash, rinse, repeat. :)

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Since the OP has not requested further information in over a month, I'm going to lock this topic.

If you find you have any questions in the future, feel free to start a new thread.