Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

2014-2015 NHL Playoffs Thread

Cosmik Vek

So this is a thread concerning the 2014-15 NHL Playoffs.

Here you can discuss about them as the Playoffs take it's course during the following weeks.

This thread will be updated whenever there's a new matchup I know there is gonna happen.

and remember: go habs go!!

But seriously, remember that the forums rules still applies here, so respect everyone's team.

So whitout further ado, have some nice NHL Playoffs!

BRACKET (updated for Round 2):

post-30663-0-29901900-1430533340_thumb.jpg

Edited by ObliveonRapt0rBr0ny
  • Brohoof 1

First off, I think it's great we have 5 Canadian teams in the playoffs this year, and they're all legitimate contenders. It is the playoffs, so anything can happen.

First off, I think it's great we have 5 Canadian teams in the playoffs this year, and they're all legitimate contenders. It is the playoffs, so anything can happen.

Completely agree! I can't wait to see the Vancouver Calgary series, more so than any of the other match-ups. :D

(edited)

HABS WIN!! as they resist on the sens they finally winned it 4-3. To be honest I just watched the last 5 minutes of this minutes because of a book I had to read, but it feels good to see the Habs playing playoffs mode!!

• Brohoof 1

I think we're going to have an exciting first round ready for us! Preds/Hawks are 3-3 going into the first overtime as of this post. There's also no score in the Flames/Canucks game in the second period.

Aaaaaaaah I still can't believe the Bruins missed the playoffs ._.

Oh well. Should be some great hockey nonetheless. I don't really have a dog in this race but I'd like to see the Caps and Flames do well, and of course I'll root against the Habs and Canucks :comeatus:

The Rangers strategy seemed to be just hoping for power plays, seeing how they couldn't capitalize when the game's momentum was swinging back and forth. He who stays out of the bawx the longest wins.

I was liking the Islanders' play against Washington yesterday. If they improve on finding the better scoring chances and finding out how to beat each individual goalie, they might just be heading to Brooklyn next year with a fifth Stanley Cup to their name. But I wouldn't get ahead of myself too much just yet.

Edited by Wind Chaser

(edited)

Ouch, what a heartbreaking goal scored by the Ducks, and the jets are down 3-0 in the series, that must have hurt for the fans who were so much active supporting their Jets.

Well, the Blackhawks won their first game. They may have a chance this year since their biggest competition, the Kings aren't in the playoffs this year, but there is a chance that the Ducks, the Rangers or the Red Wings might take it.

Some of these teams are odd. Like when was the last time the Capitals or the Islanders were even in the playoffs? No matter which one wins, they will probably get crushed by the Rangers.

So this is a thread concerning the 2014-15 NHL Playoffs.

Here you can discuss about them as the Playoffs take it's course during the following weeks.

This thread will be updated whenever there's a new matchup I know there is gonna happen.

and remember: go habs go!!

But seriously, remember that the forums rules still applies here, so respect everyone's team.

So whitout further ado, have some nice NHL Playoffs!

BRACKET:

attachicon.gifNHL PLAYOFFS 2015 1.JPG

Updated Stanley cup playoffs showdown:

M1/New York Rangers vs NYI-WASH winner

A1/Montreal Canadiens vs TB-DET winner

P1/Anaheim Ducks (My NHL Team) vs P3/Calgary Flames

C3/Chicago Blackhawks vs C4/Minnesota Wild

Those are the Playoffs update. If y'all want more tell me

The Blues had every right to be eliminated. They played horribly in the series, didn't make key goals, bad play overall and it had a third consecutive Game 5 collapse in a row.

It may come at the cost of the head coach losing his job. Just wow...never seen a team collapse this badly.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Blackhawks are already going to the Conference finals. Now I'm just seeing how the other games play out. We're getting some amazing comebacks here.

Bring It. My Ducks are going to win the Conference Finals. Western Conference Road to the Stanley Cup goes through Anaheim.

I can rest easy now that the Habs are out. Too bad the Caps blew the series against the Rangers though, I would have liked to see them do well :/

I don't really horse in this race now so we'll see how it plays out. I would expect the winner of the WCF to take home the cup.

I can rest easy now that the Habs are out. Too bad the Caps blew the series against the Rangers though, I would have liked to see them do well :/

I don't really horse in this race now so we'll see how it plays out. I would expect the winner of the WCF to take home the cup.

I was watching that game and I felt that Caps offense could have been a bit better. It felt like they were doing decent until the Rangers got 3 power plays in a row and then the Caps just got scared.

• Brohoof 1