Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 2: Your Favorite and Least Favorite Episode

Radiance64

The Canterlot Royal Wedding is fast approaching, and since that's the season finale I thought it'd be nice to reflect back on what our favorite and least favorite Season 2 episodes are. I'll start- Favorite:

Lesson Zero. The episode was so incredibly masterful in scenes, jokes and general execution I'm not sure if any episode will ever top it at this point.

Least Favorite:

The Cutie Pox. Sure, it has some funny moments, but its predictability prevents it from being as enjoyable as other episodes in repeat viewings imo.

What are yours?

Assuming that it's best to put episode titles and reasons why we like/dislike them in spoilers, I shall do so!

Favorite:

MMMystery on the Friendship Express, if anything for the awesome amount of references.

Least Favorite:

Putting Your Hoof Down, because of mean Fluttershy.

Edited by letterONE

Favorite: A Friend in Deed - Pinkie is so damn adorable in trying to be friends with Cranky and CDD is a badass both figuratively and literally

Least Favorite: Secret of My Excess - It's just not memorable to me. I like Spike/Rarity but I haven't felt any inkling to go back and watch it again

Response hidden in white text

• Brohoof 3

Top Must be Lesson Zero. The Last Roundup was pretty exciting and funny, but I think Lesson Zero is superior at the end. And of course there's the discord episodes, those are great too.

So far the worst have been Mare do Well and last week's episode. I hated MMMystery Cakes

Favorite: The Return of Harmony Part 2- Discord+Flutterbitch+Star Wars ending=awesome.

Least Favorite:The Mysterious Mare Do Well- Poorly written if you ask me.

• Brohoof 1

This is hard...

Favorite(s): Return of Harmony Part 1 & 2, whoever did the voice acting for Discord was great... it was just a memorable episode

Least Favorite: I have to agree with Kenny, The Mysterious Mare Do Well just didn't stand out much.

Favorites are Lesson Zero and the most recent one (cant remember name and mobile youtube is being stupid) These have no end to their hilarity and teach good lessons

Least Favorites are anything that deals with the Cutie Mark Crusaders. I think that the fillies should simply be supporting characters for the mane 6, not standalone characters. I just dont like them very much, but Apple Bloom is ADORABLE.

Favourite episode: The Last Roundup. Great adventure kind of situation, the whole mane cast together, lots of really funny moments. Pretty much everything that makes MLP great was present in that episode.

Worst episode: MMMystery on the Friendship Express. The whole thing just kinda fell flat for me and, like, are those deserts laced with crack or does everyone in Equestria have major impulse control problems?

Favorite Episode: "Ponyville Confidential". I laughed almost nonstop through the entire episode. It was thoroughly entertaining.

Least Favorite Episode: "Hearts and Hooves Day". It was rather bland given the conspicuous absence of the Mane Six---save for Twilight's brief cameo. The episode displayed quite clearly how critical the Mane Six are to the show.

• Brohoof 1

Favorite: "Hurricane Fluttershy" the interaction between RainbowDash and Fluttershy is what sold me but the episode was solid with a couple of great moments.

Least Favorite: "The Mysterious Mare Do Well" It wasn't a terribly bad episode, just really predictable at times due to the rehashed story pattern.

Favorite: Return of Harmony. (Both parts) It had a crapton of action and it was really funny.

Least Favorite: I REALLY hated Mare Do Well episode. Oh so Rainbow Dash is bragging. OH THAT MEANS THAT WE ARE NOW ALLOWED TO STEAL HER SPOT LIGHT AND MAKE HER LOOK STUPID! WE ARE SUUUUUUUUCH GOOD FRIENDS!!!

I hate that episode.

• Brohoof 1

Favorite: While I want to say Luna Eclipsed, I'm going to have to go with Hurricane Fluttershy. While it may sound silly, this episode is really emotional for me considering I pretty much went through the same thing as Fluttershy when I was kid: constant mockery by my peers. This entire episode is pretty much one Crowning Moment of Awesome after another for all involved, especially for Fluttershy.

Least Favorite: Mysterious Mare-Do-Well. Again, I was going to say Lesson Zero, but even I'll admit that episode is a stroke of writing genius by the ending message alone. Mare-Do-Well was just...horrible in pretty much everyway. Writing was bad, characters acted more like caricatures of themselves, the supposed "moral" is hypocritical as all hell considering the events of the episode and I'd like to think that Dash atleast has SOME humility, instead of the Beyond-Trixie-Level arrogance/ego we got.

favourite: sisterhooves special, sweetie belle is adorable :)

Least favourite: that one in which twilight does the whole time travel thing forgot the name...

Favorite: Lesson Zero...do I need to explain why?

Least Favorite: Ponyville Confidential or Heart and Hooves Day...both were very weak in my opinion.

Edited by Crystal Sparkle

My favorite episode of season two was The Return of Harmony, Part 2. The question asked in this thread was which episode that I favored the most and which episode that I favored the least. I'd choose both parts of The Return of Harmony, but the I have to pertain to one episode for both questions. I chose the second half because it had more Discord.

My least favorite episode was The Mysterious Mare Do Well, because it displayed Rainbow Dash in a selfish, narcissistic fashion. It was like the counterpart to Hurricane Fluttershy, where Rainbow Dash acted selflessly while still acting like her old tomboyish Rainbow Dash self, which was the right way to present her. Instead of thinking only about herself, she was showing her loyalty to her friend Fluttershy.

Edited by Axis

Favorite: Hurricane Fluttershy. It was an amazing episode with a ton of interaction between my two favorite characters.

Least Favorite: Mare Do Well. Everyone was horribly written, the story was predictable beyond forgiveness, and the jokes were terrible.

Favorite: Hurricane Fluttershy. Tons new pegasi ponies, it focused on my two favorite characters, it was very funny, had a brilliant moral message and I can see it really helping some people who are going through the same thing as Fluttershy. Also, "YEAAAAHH!"

Least favourite: Mare Do Well. I liked it, just not as much as the rest of the season. It was predictable at times and I just didn't feel as connected to the characters for some reason.

But Future Twilight looked like Solid Snake! What's not to like?!?!

I'm not the guy you quoted (obviously), but I didn't like it because it was extremely predictable and boring. I was also disappointed when Twilight took the Cerberus back to Tartarus and all we got was a "That sure was awesome! Too bad you missed it!" moment.

Best episodes:

1. Lesson Zero

Because it is the funniest episode so far. Also, psycho Twilight is epic.

2. MMMystery on the Friendship Express

Since I just love movies and Pinkie Pie, an episode with tons of movie references and Pinkie Pie as Sherlock Holmes was just hilarious.

3. A Friend in Deed

Because Pinkie Pie is best pony and "Smile Smile Smile" is the best song.

Worst episodes:

1. The Cutie Pox

I just think this episode is boring.

2. The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000

It was good untill the song ended. After the song it became kinda boring too. Also, why didn't Twilight use her magic?

3. Dragon Quest

I like Spike, but I didn't like the episode because: 1. I hated those other dragons. 2. Not enough ponies.

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 1

This is gonna be hard. Mainly cause I dont really have a least favourite. If anything I'd go so far to say this season so far has been stronger than season 1. If anything I can't really tie it down to just one episode. It's all Rarity's eps that I've enjoyed the most I think, but that's down to her being my fav of the mane 6.

Least fav. Well that's the re-working of a certain episode that best not be mentioned.

Favorite Episode: "Ponyville Confidential". I laughed almost nonstop through the entire episode. It was thoroughly entertaining. Least Favorite Episode: "Hearts and Hooves Day". It was rather bland given the conspicuous absence of the Mane Six---save for Twilight's brief cameo. The episode displayed quite clearly how critical the Mane Six are to the show.

I agree about Hearts and Hooves Day, it would have probably been my least favorite episode if not for the song and some epic Big Mac moments... ;)