Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 2: Your Favorite and Least Favorite Episode

Radiance64

My favorite would be Lesson Zero, my second favorite would be Find a Pet.

My least favorite is probably Secret of my Excess, actually. I just didn't find it very amusing.

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Right, I can finally answer the question.

Worst episode: Mysterious Mare-Do-Well - drew too heavily from basically every superhero movie out there - broken dam=Superman, Mare-Do-Well outfit and secret identity = Batman, Rainbow's catchphrase = Spiderman; etc, and the characters were all a bit off kilter. It wasn't all bad - a nod to Pinkie's Pinkie Sense, a few jokes about Spike being a ghost, "Do you think you could skip your catchphrase and just hurry up and help us?" stand out. Overall though, it was just too superficial.

Best episode: Last Round-up. (Those who know me well enough have probably fallen off their chairs to see me admit to liking a non-Rarity-centric episode best, but I can be multidimensional like that sometimes :huh: ) Applejack being second only to Rarity in my books, I thought it was great that she had a focus episode. I feel that the episode is overshadowed in many brony's minds by the storm of controversy over Derpy and her being censored, which is a great pity for Applejack. Why do I like this episode? Cherry Jubilee was a peach (figuratively speaking) which probably works against her. She can't be reinvented by fanfiction and gain a following from such a reinterpretation, something which has happened to a number of other minor characters. Anyway, Applejack had a chance to show many expressions that she just doesn't get to show in the usual episodes. Her oh-so-adorable blush at the beginning, her close-lipped stonewalling during her questioning, her terror at Pinkie's reaction to her "broken Pinkie-promise", and her utter dejection when forced to admit that she didn't come in first in any of her events.

There are also numerous other parts that just add to the episode. From Pinkie Pie: a dramatic close-up on the soon-to-unleashed weapon (her voice), the hint that the ponies do in fact have to worry about biology, the Voice-of-the-Legion complete with hellfire burning in her eyes. From Fluttershy and RD: her stopping the chase for the bunny was perfectly in character; Rainbow Dash just rolling her eyes and then starting the chase again made it perfect. From Rarity: "You made working on the cherry orchard sound so delightful" - very quick thinking. "Was it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?" is just so Rarity. She'll insult your hair, and she won't even be sorry, because she's fabulous and she has the right to insult your looks whenever she likes. (People who know me well enough are now satisfied that the world is not coming to an end after all. :D ) And now for Twilight: from her immediate vow to find Applejack, to her realization that Applejack was holding out on them, to the way she tilted her head to the side when Applejack thought the train would be enough to stop RD and FS, she was also on top form.

So yeah, overall the episode was extremely amusing, had some great lines, some great expressions, and even got Rainbow Dash to shed a tear from inner-warm-fuzziness. (And all that without my needing to include Derpy in the pros column) That makes it my top pick from Season 2, the highlight of a season full of highlights. Amy Keating Rogers deserves a medal for this gem.

Edited by CandidKid

Favorite Episode of Season 2 : "Hearthswarming Eve" S2E11 because it was just so.. funny. and it showed alot of true character in all of the mane 6, pinkie pie and rarity really stole the show with their hilarious antics and pinkie breaking the 4th wall multiple times, but applejack in this episode made me laugh as well, an all together great episode with a great message. :D

AS FOR MY LEAST FAVORITE : "The Mysterious Mare Do Well" S2E8 why? well.... this was an episode that pushed me over the edge of my dislike for cannon rainbow dash, i used to love dashie so much, in fact she used to be my favorite pony... but after seeing her true colors displayed all throughout season 2 and only having one positive episode back in season 1. i just... i realized she wasn't a nice pony. she was a stereotypical jock girl and the sad part was when she boasted so much, she USUALLY had the skill to back it up. this episode displayed the mane 6 trying to teach rainbow something as well but... it really displayed her as something i didnt like. so even though i willingly dislike her canon now, i am sad that she fell through in my mind because i admired her so.

Favorite Episode:

Secret of my Excess because it had action and shipping moments

Least Favorite:

Ponyville Confidential because Diamond Tiara was a jerk and I felt sorry for the cutie mark crusaders

Favorite Episode of Season 2 : "Hearthswarming Eve" S2E11 because it was just so.. funny. and it showed alot of true character in all of the mane 6, pinkie pie and rarity really stole the show with their hilarious antics and pinkie breaking the 4th wall multiple times, but applejack in this episode made me laugh as well, an all together great episode with a great message. :D

AS FOR MY LEAST FAVORITE : "The Mysterious Mare Do Well" S2E8 why? well.... this was an episode that pushed me over the edge of my dislike for cannon rainbow dash, i used to love dashie so much, in fact she used to be my favorite pony... but after seeing her true colors displayed all throughout season 2 and only having one positive episode back in season 1. i just... i realized she wasn't a nice pony. she was a stereotypical jock girl and the sad part was when she boasted so much, she USUALLY had the skill to back it up. this episode displayed the mane 6 trying to teach rainbow something as well but... it really displayed her as something i didnt like. so even though i willingly dislike her canon now, i am sad that she fell through in my mind because i admired her so.

In the end she realized her faults, which is the most important thing. All those 'stereotypical jock girls' never do. And that's the difference, in my mind :3 Everybody has faults, some big some small. It's realizing that they are faults that is the biggest step.

Anywho, fave is Return of Harmony duo (counts as one, as is one plot)

Least Fave is absolutely Ponyville Confidential. Centered around the CMC *meh*, had tons of Diamond Tiara *gag*, and the plot was just eh IMO.

• Brohoof 1

Fav ep: it's tough between hurricane fluttershy and MMMystery on the friendship express but hurricane fluttershy won

Least fav: cutie pox an episode centered around the cmc is bad but centered around apple bloom the most boring pony ever? Just made everything terrible.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not so sure about my favorite episode, but Lesson Zero has a special place in my heart. My least favorite was Putting Your Hoof Down. There was so much lacking in it to me, and I liked Fluttershy less afterwards. I don't dislike her, though!

Fav: Last Round Up; For mltiple reasons. The whole episode were scenery changes and action pact parts. I loved the "I Love Lucy" Reference made with the packing berries part. With pinkie and Fluttershy, it had a double connection with me. And do I have explain the main reason I luv luv luv luv this episode? Derpy making a headline premier out the gate was huge! My mind was like BANG.

Perfecting Derpy Hooves like then was uncanny! Literal eye candy for me, seeing her in full animation, hearing her voice. The thing that drove the whole thing home was her actions. I loved how comedical she was! Crashing everywhere. Also having her in the same picture with RD? SO AWESOME!

Favorite: I wanted to say the season opener and closer, but I'm not going to count those. I'm going to say Hurricane Fluttershy. We got to see a rather heavy psychological moment from Fluttershy, and some "character development" from RD.

(Though in Dragon Quest, the moment Spike lays on the floor, the light from the window looks like an egg... that was genius, imo.)

Least Favorite: Mysterious Mare-Do-Well. The others pretty much went behind RD's back and just screwed with her like a fool. The writing was just terrible.

Favorite: It's really a tie between Sisterhooves Social and Lesson Zero. Both are excellent episodes that I thoroughly enjoyed. :3

Least favorite: The Mysterious Mare Do Well, just because Rainbow was being a total jerk. It had it's moments, but it was my least favorite of the season. I did like Scootaloo's cult for Rainbow Dash, but the episode was just really weak and I didn't enjoy it like I did the others.

Hm...

It's extremely difficult to choose for either of these categories, but my absolute favorite episode of season 2, after much thought, has to be SSCS6k (because I love cider and AJ), and my least fave is probably Dragon Quest. Sorry Spike :blush:

Favorite: Royal Canterlot Wedding (Pt 1 & 2). I mean, what a twist, right?

Least favorite: ...I don't think I could say it... uh... I'll hide it: MMMystery on the Friendship Express. I mean, the crammed setting just didn't satisfy. And whats with all of the breaking of Elements? Rarity was Greedy, Rainbow was Unloyal, and Fluttershy was Rude.

There, I said it.

Favorite: Season Finale - It was the best 45 minutes of my life so far! 'Nuff said.

Least Favorite: (highlight to see)

Dragon Quest - Though I liked the message, I loathed the interpretation of the dragons and how the writers kept portraying them as bulling teenagers. I really expected better from them since the show is a lot about changing perceptions.

Favorite: Lesson Zero - Why: Insane Twilight was awesome.

Least: Ponyville Confidential - Why: That scene where Fluttershy was crying broke my heart :(

Favorite: Hurricane Fluttershy. Tons new pegasi ponies, it focused on my two favorite characters, it was very funny, had a brilliant moral message and I can see it really helping some people who are going through the same thing as Fluttershy. Also, "YEAAAAHH!"

Least favourite: Mare Do Well. I liked it, just not as much as the rest of the season. It was predictable at times and I just didn't feel as connected to the characters for some reason.

I Just Love Your Signature ^^ That Is All

Favorite: The Return Of Harmony Parts 1&2

Least Favorite: Look Before You Sleep, Just Really Disliked The Whole Thing

(edited)

+ Lesson Zero - The episode was filled with memorable moments, it's tough to pick one. You got Twilight Sparkle going insane for not reporting to Trollestia. She continues to become more insane as the episode progresses. Rainbow Dash blows up a barn with her Sonic Rainbomb. Fluttershy fights a bear and breaks its neck. The episode was very entertaining to watch, with no disappointments involved. Very entertaining episode it was.

- Sweet And Elite - I feel that this episode was a letdown to me. I only had a few chuckles throughout the entire episode because the episode was pretty stale with it being focused on Rarity, being all high and mighty with fancier ponies rather than being with the other five ponies. Not the episode I want to rewatch in the near future.

Edited by Deemo

(edited)

Favorite:

All of them :D

Least Favorite:

None of them :D

I'm easy to please :D

This, I don't dislike any of them, all of them are awesome :). But if I had to pick a least favorite, it'd be DragonQuest, I just didn't like the characterization of the dragons in it (teen dragons acting like stereotypical teenage bullies...ugh) and the episode making it seem like spike's lineage will finally be revealed, than it isn't, which was a major letdown. Good episode, just my least favorite overall.

My favorite is definitely the 2 parter royal wedding: pinkie pie party cannon attack, epic pony fight scene, new favorite villain, etc.

Edited by Pegasus25

Favorite: The Last Round-Up. Really great episode. I loved the humor, especially when it included Pinkie Pie.

The other two I really loved were May The Best Pet Win and Sisterhooves Social.

Least Favorite: Really hard for me to say. There were a few that just didn't do it for me - The Mysterious Mare Do Well (too predictable and not really stand-outish), Cutie Pox (really barely remember it, and I remember not enjoying it as much) and Baby Cakes (I love Pinkie Pie, but in this episode she wasn't my favorite).

• Brohoof 1