Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Ponyfinder: Age of Adventure -Group A-

GreyScholar

Novel took no notice to Daawnily standing there, but instead would waste no time in moving towards the guild. She is focused on one thing and that is to finish this meeting so she can study while she's there. Novel pulls out the note and searches for the location of the meeting. Of course it was a location she had be too before so she knew where to go. She never forgets much of anything and is a walking database of knowledge.

(edited)

@@OmegaPony, @@EquestrianScholar
Drawing a dry smirk from the earth pony, he did not know why but he felt happy this purrsian had obtained what was clearly his heart's desire.  It made him wonder if folk of other races each had an individual destiny as well.  Either way, it was clear this happy go lucky one found his in the thrill of adventure and something about the earnest desire to expand his horizons resonated strongly with the stallion.  Stronger than maybe he wanted to acknowledge.

"I reckon that gem's worth a fortune", he said, genuinely impressed at the find.  Having picked up some passing haggling at the market and gem trade exchange on his train work and through operations, he could spitball a good estimate of the gem and it was not a low figure.  It being his first find, it made sense why the cat would hold it so close to his heart. "Color me impressed, Gaizi."

As they turned the corner, the feline continued as Jar's smirk returned at the nice comment,  He like'd to consider himself a thoughtful pony, on a good day he might even go so far as to throw out 'compassionate' but he so often got lost in his own world and enthralled by the winds of new experiences, he was not used to being called 'nice'.  If nothing else, maybe this new world of espionage had sharpened his manners. Turning to Gaizi, he responded with a sincere look in his eyes "That's mighty kind of you, Gaizi Softpaw.  Hopefully more ponyfolk'll exceed yer expectations-" he was taken aback a little by his last line: Maybe, we can even be friends. There was an honesty in him, a truth in his lifestyle that shone out from within him when he said that.  In the world he had slowly become more and more a part of, that sort of honesty to self and trustworthiness, free from lies, gambits and subterfuge, was more rare than a perfect gem.  Maybe this stranger-no, Gaizi Softpaw-just maybe, he may help the stallion find himself again in all this.  

A lot of pressure to put on some treasure hunter ya just met, partner, he thought to himself.  But...

Opening the door for the feline to the restaurant, "Ya know, we just might".

Walking in, Jar took note of the rush crowd, certainly not unexpected.  "So, what's our move, Daring Do?" he snarked in good fun.

Edited by The Jar

@@EquestrianScholar,

Skysplinter nodded enthusiastically, pumping the stallion's hoof up and down. "Indeed I am, sir!" He stepped back to allow the stallion to comfortably make his way inside before gesturing around. "Welcome to my humble abode. How might I help you?"

Internally, however, he was starting to wonder about this pony. It was rather odd that someone was here this early, and the thick, dark cloak caught his attention, seeing how it was generally too warm for this kind of wear. He had heard some tales from some of his patrons about how the Grand Alchemists of Equestria wore thick cloaks, but, unless this one was a rebel, they usually wore lighter colors- reds, oranges, and yellows. Consigning this to a coincidence, he decided that, in all probability, and especially based on the speaker's introduction- not many ponies knew that his 'business trips' were more-or-less adventuring jobs, after all- that he was here to hire him for a job of some sort. With that decision made, he went behind his counter and pulled out a pair of potions, using them to fill out the spots in his inventory, awaiting what Mr. Comet Blaze had in store for him.

@@The Jar,@@EquestrianScholar,

The feline would offer a purr, pleased with being complemented about his gem and finding the praise nice to hear. The gem was nice, and while he had gone to see how much it was worth Gaizi don't as much care about that as much as it being his first treasure. The purrsian's smile was wide as he walked by the said of the pony he had met, though he did not know the effect his honest manner and postive words were having over Jar.

Gaizi would give an even greater purr, smiling as he heard the earth pony agree that yes perhaps they could be friends. The feline had admitted it, but while he wasn't so shy about meeting others it did leave him a bit uncertain knowing he was different from those around hims. Equestria was a wonderful place, but he was a foreigner in a place different from his home. Those this love of adventure and discovery lead him to many places, there was times he wanted to hide from the gaze of others. The winged feline would give Jar a quick nuzzle, as was common for purrian in showing affection for friends or family.

Once they were inside the restaurant though Gaizi was a bit uncertain, given how busy it was and on his friend's words he would tilt his head to the side and ask, "Daring Doo, who is that?" This words and expression would make it clear he didn't know who Daring Doo was, or how he had any connection to her.

Equestria - City of Canterlot - Morning
@@Spell Shock,@@strideralchemy,
An exact place with the guild was not mentioned, though when the note was turned around there would be a bit more information. Please, seek a Miss Opal Blair. She can guide you to where I will meet you.

One why this was not noticed before when first... perhaps it had not actually been there the last the letter was read. Either way, they had an idea of what they needed to do and would be able to finally figure out who has the mysterious figure who sent them the letter. So with that, they would enter...

The inside of the Research Guild was quite large, with ponies going to and from, mostly unicorns and pegasus though there was earth ponies as well. As few other species could be seen as well, though they seemed to be the except not the rule. Plenty of books or scrolls, either on shelves or carried by others could be seen as well as many other items of research and study.

@@The Jar, @@OmegaPony,
The inside of the restaurant was most impressive, and from the line they would see rows of wonderful smelling foods made of fruits, vegetables, flowers, nuts, or other more exotic meals. Yet one thing what the purrsian would notice, and had grown used to though it first disappointed him was the lack of fish.

As a feline, Gaizi diet was more open then that of equines such as ponies but what made up for it was the meals involving meal and cream such as soups. The fruits would perhaps also be of interest to him, given their rarity in his home. Yet despite all this the winged feline and Jar would find themselves forced to wait in line unless they could find a way of getting around the problem.

@,
"I suspect you may have already guessed why I am here," Comet Blaze would offer in a good humored tone before continuing as he took a moment to study what Skysplinter had to offer, "yet if not, I may have a job for you... more I know someone who has a job for you." The teal stallion would smile, before offering an enclosed letter saying, "you wont find any details involving who seeks you in there but there is other information and instructions on where you need to go."

Now a question, among many, that could be asked is if it was not the pony before him who actually wanted Skysplinter. More, way was Comet the one here and not the other pony, and perhaps also the question of why him. Suspecting such question the pony offering the letter would give a seemingly amused smile that would be hard not to remember.

@@EquestrianScholar,

Spending some time in navigating to the note itself, Daawn would take a second to think who she could ask where to find the said Miss Opal. The only reasonable person she knew who could guide be would be most likely studying in the library, so she would head there first, asking the first pony who was familiar to her at least on the level of name, as she… didn’t mistrust anyone, but her nature still kept her wishing to be… private, about matters like that – even if she disagreed with herself on that, sometimes.

(edited)

@@OmegaPony, @@EquestrianScholar
The stallion was genuinely taken aback by the nuzzling, to ponies that was something most commonly done between special someponies and he couldn't tell if Gaizi had misinterpreted his comment or if this was just a common Purrsian thing. 

Figures, haven't had a date in two hearts and hooves days and the first bit ah affection I get is from a cat fella. Barn door don't swing that way..

Jar wasn't unattractive by pony standards, to the contrary his big build, clever eyes and charismatic personality could be a charming combination. The issue was more with him, his lack of willingness to keep his eyes open for opportunities and maybe more than a little over-criticism of himself.  Being swept into a world of investigation and spycraft didn't help either, too much to worry about, too unfair to expect that sort of responsibility on his partner and the mares in the field weren't.... his type. 

He was starting to assume he had misinterpreted Gaizi's intention, but would be careful not to hurt his feelings if that was not the case.  He probably was just more open and physical with his affection than the earth pony was used to.  Jar had to admit that, by pony standards, he wasn't the warmest around.  Probably inherited that from his pa, cold as ice that one and twice as shrewd (not that the two had much of a relationship, just unspoken antagonism mixed into a dish of unmet expectations).  

Huh, Daring Doo?

The stallion chuckled a little bit, attempting not to lose face or show how lost in his thoughts he may have been, "She's a famous fictional adventure pony" before nudging the feline with a hoof and a smirk "but you, Gaizi Softpaw, are the genuine article".  Easing on the chuckling, "Lotta folks read her books, I like 'em myself, but I don't much have the patience.  I usually gotta listen to the audio versions, but they're still good stuff, you'd like 'er".

Leaning against the wall, the stallion huffed "well, you won't get a chance if we starve here".  He gave a 'wait a sec' nod and made his way back to the host, using his best Canterlot accent.  

"Good afternoon, my colleague and I both have great respect for your establishment and the reputation it possesses.  With that being said, he has come a long way to sample what you have to offer and we have much business to discuss, clearly at an impasse with this lengthy waiting period."  The earth pony motioned to the gathered crowd of people mingling while waiting for their tables.  "I know that, as a restaurant of esteem, you much desire the satisfaction of your patrons, especially those who might be able to take back a good experience to another land and expand your possible franchising opportunities.." casting his eyes on Gaizi before turning back to the host.  "Now, might you make a small exception for us?"

Edited by The Jar

@@The Jar

The purrsian noticed Jar seeming to be deep in thought about something, and wondering what he was thinking about, before listening in interest as the pony old him that Daring Doo was a famous fictional adventure pony. Gaizi would give a big smile at the compliment, liking it when others called him a real adventurer and this was no different as Jar told the purrsian he was the genuine article before answering involving the book series, "Maybe I can buy the books whiles here in Canterlot or seeing if the library has any copies."

Gaizi watched as the earth pony walked up the one seating everyone, explaining what he wanted and feeling a bit nervous at tale Jar was spinning. Sure it wasn't completely false but it also wasn't all truth, yet at the same time it wasn't like he hadn't been forced to like before. Still, such cases were normally when his life was in danger and never in a situation where he lied just to get something he wanted. Still he trusted his friends and didn't feel the pony's words actually hurt anyone, it just meant others would have to wait if Jar got away with it.

(edited)

@@The Jar, @@OmegaPony,
Mason Diplomacy Check - … Success
The mare who was in charge of finding tables for ponies, who from her name tag was named Sunny, and she listened as Mason explained the situation. She did not seem fully convinced but would turn to all the ponies in line and ask, “Would it be alright if we allow these two be the next served.” Most would agree, some with a moment to think on it, while a few others would seem a bit frustrated or against it yet would agree after getting looks by the others so that Mason and Gaizi could go next.

Smiling warming, Sunny would nod before saying, “Well if everyone is mostly fine with it... follow me, I am glad you have chosen to eat at the Sapphire Foster's Buffet. A table for two I assume then.” She would lead the two of them to a table with a pair of chairs before saying with a smile, “I hope you enjoyed you time here.” From there the two would be able to serve themselves, as it was for most buffets, and they would be able to pick from a variety of choices. Impressively, there was actually quite the spread of food, something available for just about every taste and cooks willing to take requests if possible.

There was flowers, fruits, vegetables, fries and hay burgers, breads, desserts, along with many more complex recipes which have been created quickly from repetition. It all also smelt very good as the two were able to look through each row of the buffet.

@@Spell Shock,
On seeking out the name written on the letter, it would be discovered that the mare was merely a lowly assistant to the other researchers among many. This would actually lead to confusion by some and while she was looked for one research who revealed his name to be Orion would say, "Why do you seek Miss Opal? Seems like an odd request, all things considered."

Yet it would seem he would not be allowed his answer as an out of breath mare would appear. She seemed the shy, mousy type of mare would would apologize to the stallion would had asked the question before turning to Daawnily and asking, "Are you here... with a letter?" She seemed nervous, her gaze moving from the researcher to the one seeking her.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

(edited)

@@The Jar

The purrsian noticed Jar seeming to be deep in thought about something, and wondering what he was thinking about, before listening in interest as the pony old him that Daring Doo was a famous fictional adventure pony. Gaizi would give a big smile at the compliment, liking it when others called him a real adventurer and this was no different as Jar told the purrsian he was the genuine article before answering involving the book series, "Maybe I can buy the books whiles here in Canterlot or seeing if the library has any copies."

Gaizi watched as the earth pony walked up the one seating everyone, explaining what he wanted and feeling a bit nervous at tale Jar was spinning. Sure it wasn't completely false but it also wasn't all truth, yet at the same time it wasn't like he hadn't been forced to like before. Still, such cases were normally when his life was in danger and never in a situation where he lied just to get something he wanted. Still he trusted his friends and didn't feel the pony's words actually hurt anyone, it just meant others would have to wait if Jar got away with it.

@@EquestrianScholar,@@OmegaPony

The earth pony chuckled, "Sure, I know a couple ah' book stores in town and the series is a very popular read", smiling at Gaizi's bare excitement once he began to realize what the stallion was actually comparing him to.

The stallion smirked a little as they were led to their table, it was a pretty silly thing to lie about, after all growing up in the arid Appleloosa he learned at an early age the earth pony way: community.  Community was what ponies thrived at and it could only be maintained through honesty, integrity and empathy.  How far he felt from that world in so short a time, what happened to that colt who refused to compromise himself? He wondered.  The little pony who came clean and was suspended for his minor role in the pranking of a certain deputy, all so he could continue his day with a clear conscience?  He remembered how appalled he was at first, appalled but understanding, of the lies he saw agents tell in order to further their objectives.  A part of him like it: the thrill of the chase, the game ever changing.  Another part of him would be honest about the slippery slope he found himself on and, compassionately, express concern for where this person he had become is going.

Giving an exaggerated hand motion to the table, he bowed to Gaizi jokingly "After you, sir" before smiling and laughing while they deposited their things and went to eat.  Jar made his way to the hay burgers, a good go to for any country born pony, and nodded to Gaizi "anything here lookin' good fer ya?"

Edited by The Jar

@@EquestrianScholar

“Why, yes I am. More of a telegram to be honest in shape, but I admit it is a letter.” She would look at the mare; she… wasn’t very strong with humor, so joke must have gone a little bit… weird, especially since not everyone even saw the thing in question from around here. Whatever the matter, she would expectedly look at the mare. After all, she came here on an invitation, after all.