Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rant Sessions

#1FluttershyFan

So, it's basically as the title implies. If there's anything that's really irking you or you need to get some weight off your shoulders, this is the place. Post your anger and just let it all out.

I guess I'll start:

I have this friend who insists on being superior and undermines me all the time. I can't tell her how I feel because even giving her the tiniest hint that she's being a jerk will result in her completely overreacting and I'll be "the traitor". We've been friends for so long that I don't want to loose her friendship but she's treating me like I don't matter. I don't think she even knows she's doing it! Jesus Christ! I just want to be able to freely speak my mind to her!

Fire Away!

rozb5bxyjczevo8vt2rt.png

You know what really grinds my gears? This 90s kid debate. Go on any one of those reminiscing about the the 90s videos and you will find mountains of comment threads debating over the oh so serious *sarcasm* topic on what year you have to be born in to be a "90s kid." In reality, why should this matter? Does someone younger than you calling themselves a 90s kid really hurt you that much? So much that you have to write them a freaking essay in the comments on why they're wrong? Maybe if you "90s kids" stopped bashing on how bad the 2000s were, than maybe there would be less people doing that. Also, just because you grew up in the 90s, doesn't mean you are a better person than someone not born in the 90s. This debate gets so hilarious to the point where generations are separated into sections of a decade for growing up to make some sort of proof. 

And that's what really grinds my gears.

• Brohoof 5

- RainbowDash is the worst character in My Litrle Pony: Friendship is Magic. She is arrogant, self-centered, selfish, and just plain rude. I hate her and I hate everything anout her. From her looks, to her personality, to her voice. She is NOT "awesome". She is a nasty-attituded b*tch with no talent. So what of she can fly fast? She isn't the only pegasus who can fly that fast. I'm sure that SpitFire could kick her ass in a race.

- People who smoke weed and drink alcohol (in moderarion or not) really piss me off. You don't need that sh*t to have a good time or to "relax". Why not go out and do something productive besides sitting on your ass getting high. Again, you don't need alcohol to have a good time or to wind down. All you need is a few friends! You are delusional if you think otherwise.

- People need to stop taking the characters from MLP so seriously.

If someone says something negative about Rarity, FlutterShy, or whoever, you don't need to freak out and defend that character as if they have feelings. 'Cause news flash: THEY HAVE NO FEELINGS.

• Brohoof 4

People who act like your friends but suddenly hate you when you have done nothing bad to them, they just all of a sudden hate your guts, and fair weather friends who are only your friends when it benefits them in some way but they drop you the second you need help

- RainbowDash is the worst character in My Litrle Pony: Friendship is Magic. She is arrogant, self-centered, selfish, and just plain rude. I hate her and I hate everything anout her. From her looks, to her personality, to her voice. She is NOT "awesome". She is a nasty-attituded b*tch with no talent. So what of she can fly fast? She isn't the only pegasus who can fly that fast. I'm sure that SpitFire could kick her ass in a race.

- People who smoke weed and drink alcohol (in moderarion or not) really piss me off. You don't need that sh*t to have a good time or to "relax". Why not go out and do something productive besides sitting on your ass getting high. Again, you don't need alcohol to have a good time or to wind down. All you need is a few friends! You are delusional if you think otherwise.

If someone says something negative about Rarity, FlutterShy, or whoever, you don't need to freak out and defend that character as if they have feelings. 'Cause news flash: THEY HAVE NO FEELINGS.

I really agree with that second one there. The main thing that perturbs me is that people look at you like you're a freak or uncool if you don't do drugs and drink alcohol. I've had some people think that I'm completely stuck up for not drinking!

• Brohoof 1

I have a friend whom I'll give advice to occasionally, and when he doesn't take it, he ends up regretting it. It's upsetting because I actually know the better side of the situation, but he refuses to listen to me.

Great, I can start off ranting with what most everyone (probably everyone) would find incredibly silly but would expect out of me?

In fact, I'm going to spoiler it.. If you read it, you have been warned.

So I got my new iPhone 6 a week ago and it came preloaded with a lot of programs I never saw on my old iPhone 4S. I saw GarageBand and thought I would just look at what it was, even though it probably wouldn't appeal to me... I then see it actually has a selection of instrument types that would go beyond your standard "garage band' and think that's kind of neat. But... Immediately I notice that it actually represents all of the major instrument types (at least in part, for each of them)... Except for, of course, woodwind/brass instruments. I could not actually believe my eyes, that I was seeing this. Because I have tried to avoid being overtly dramatic about this kind of thing and seeing too much into it. I didn't really expect to see them in a program called 'GarageBand'... But neither did I expect to see anything beyond Guitar, Bass, Percussion, and Keyboards.

So, overtly dramatic I become... because (and now I make myself sound even crazier and focusing on things that no one else cares about) this *isn't* the first time I have seen this. I've also seen it in two video game series... And I know they're video game series, and I really shouldn't much care... But they were both life simulation series, and I can't help but be a little taken back by the straight-up lengths they have seemed to go to avoid adding instruments from these two sections.

In The Sims I was forgiving for the longest time, because instruments in The Sims take a lot of work - animation, live recording, and in The Sims 3 specifically live-recording a ton of pieces. But then in BOTH The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 (The Sims 1 had not as many playable instruments, never represented the orchestral strings either) they added at least one instrument to represent each of the modern families. Strings like Guitar, and orchestral strings. keyboards, and percussion. In The Sims 3 they actually made a DLC poll toward the end of its lifespan, asking which of two instruments the community wanted... They didn't even include the option for a wind instrument. The options were violin or lute. Noting that the orchestral strings had already been represented by the double bass. So, that's right... EA would sooner add a lute than a wind instrument. But of course, the violin won. But I'm so happy to know where EA positions wind instruments. Below adding two orchestral strings, and also below an mostly-antiquated strummed string instrument. Nothing against the lute as an instrument, but you know what I mean!

If that isn't bad and I sound crazy, one must understand how I'm taken back with the Animal Crossing series. Animal Crossing instruments are furniture. They sit in one place, and although they can be "played", there is no specific motion for any instrument (it's the same animation as interacting with any other object) and the sounds the instruments make are not live recordings. They are nothing more than MIDI files. So the extent that is required to make an Animal Crossing instrument is almost entirely creating a 3D model.

So what do the developers of the Animal Crossing series do? They, with New Leaf, add just about every kind of guitar, keyboard, orchestral strings (except for the viola, I feel for the viola), other kinds of strings, and percussion that you could ever dream of. They've gone so far as to add multiple pianos, a harspichord, a pipe organ, lutes, a sitar, and probably instruments even I haven't even heard of. My point is not that those instruments have no place in the game. I'm glad they're there, all of them. Especially the harpsichord because that's one of my favorite non-wind instruments.

But wait... I have to give them some form of credit. For in New Leaf they did add the first wind instrument that the series has ever seen - bagpipes. Yup, that's right. Every other section of instruments has so many instruments kids who are playing the game probably couldn't name most of them before they played Animal Crossing, but for wind instruments all you get is bagpipes. No trumpet, no saxophone. Only bagpipes. I feel like I should give them credit, but the bagpipes were added not really as an instrument, but as an item to represent a region by Gulliver. I didn't even play the game long enough to even get to own one.

Only one possible explanation here...

detective_pinkie_pie_by_c_h_loboguerrero

It's a conspiracy!

Forget your guns. Soon "they" will come to take my precious wind instruments away!

(hopefully you notice I'm joking with this part)

• You what f*cks with me right now, it is the goddamn metal elitists. The best example of them would be the ones who complains about Big Four bands such as Metallica, Slayer And Megadeth. First there is people who thinks that Metallica are sellouts and all they want is money and they don't want to play for their fans who were there since Kill 'Em All, but in reality they're plain f*cking wrong, if they would know them really much they could know that the whole Napster thing ended a while ago. In reality, Metallica plays for their real fans, those who can still appreciate their effort. Metallica even went from a style far away from their origins but they manage to get back to a style near it, but Metallica haters and fake fans still complained because of shit reasons like: "The production f*ckin sucks","Fire freakin Lars, he can't play drums and he ruins Metallica","Looks like Metallica suck again" and that pisses me off like hell. Right now it is the same with Slayer, the band being near of releasing new material they are people who are pessimistic about that and I'm just so gone with this shit. They are like the band is done because Jeff Hanneman is dead and Dave Lombardo had to leave the band, and just because of one song: "Implode", those pessimistic people have to generalize the shit out of their future as far as the new material. Elitists think that all band are comparable and if you don't think as they do then you're a poser. ah elitists, what an admirable cancer you are.

• I think and I always think that Rarity is awful because of her terrible personnality, she is so unsetteling by the way she's act. She thinks that she's more beautiful than everyone else just because of her looks, but she is just different and looks cliché as for her design. As for her personnality I think it's terrible because she just wants everything to go well just for her, while she thinks about others she is just greedy as hell, and if she do not get what she wants she'll just whine and whine and f*ckin whine about it and I can't stand it. Really, I could just say hate everything about her: her voice, her spoilt childish attitude and her cliché design would be the thing I'm talking about.

• People b*tching about EA and companies like them are annoying, they just complains and complains about how they are getting "robbed" by them *WRONG!*, it is them, yes my friend them that are making themself robbed and they just can't admit it! Those people just can't wait before testing games but they don't know in the end that they despise a game by that same company who made the game they are buying. It also goes for DLCs, they just can't wait to test it and in the end they're all like "Those sh*theads stole my money again!" and they go on their favorite site to denounce the company for the 8 million time. In the end, you could say that they are over-comsupters because of how ignorant they are about the content of the DLC and they see a price on it and then they are throwing their wallet at their screen impatient... But, what I did not tell you before is that they are everywhere and that they are f*cking awful at their passionating activities: Complaining. So If you don't like those companies, don't buy anything from them and stop b*tching about it, is it simple?
Edited by ObliveonRapt0rBr0ny

I honestly dislike having Asperger's Syndrome. :angry:  I have a long reason why but I'm not ready to share it because it's got a lot of details in it. I responded to someone who feels similar to me on Experience Project with a long reason on why I dislike it. I'm not ready to share it yet. If you tell me I'm hating myself here. NEWSFLASH! I'm not. I only dislike how Asperger's Syndrome has affected my life. And don't even try to get me to be proud of it. The best I can do is understand myself and hope others do as well.

Edited by CC_Maud_Pie

I'm just going to post here so I remember that this exists because I don't have the time for a long rant now but holy frick I am literally just a ball of rants all day every day and I will need this later.

Then again, I can maybe put out a little something. I hate that hating things is seen as like this cool thing to do that people use to make themselves seem smart or unique or something. Like, I hate things, obviously, we all do, but there's a difference between giving a well thought out explanation to why you hate something in the appropriate time and place and just shoving your opinions into everything with this "I hate this thing and that makes me special because bluh bluh unique opinion bluh bluh I'm a critical thinker" nonsense. Hell, that nonsense was enough to make me want to disagree with people who said they hated the Twilight series while it was popular for goodness sake. I can't stand those books, but if I'd had to listen to one more person say they hate a series they've never read or watched any of because "omgz every1 knows it's so dumb" I swear to Celestia...

That's been sort of festering in me for a while to be honest. Getting it out feels kind of nice...

(yes I realize this might be seen as ironic but you asked for a rant and, well, there it is)

Edited by Eloquence
  • Brohoof 1

I really hate some of the elitist/purist mindsets some people have in pretty much every fandom out there. Just because some one *gasp* actually likes the Star Wars prequels is not grounds for treating them like complete garbage. Same goes for anyone who likes MLP Gen 3, any Super Smash Bros game that isn't Melee, any Starfox game that isn't 64, and etc. I also absolutely hate the purists attitudes some fans, "I'm too good for Megaman games that isn't in the original series", "dubs suck, I only watch anime in its purist form", "I only watch The Last Airbender/the original Dragonball", etc. As far as I know, these people can go fuck off for all I care

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 2

• Big Macintosh's yups aren't funny. They never were. They are annoying! Say something else why don't you? (Yes, I know that he has spoken full sentences before). I just don't see what is so funny about him saying yup.

• Infants and toddlers are annoying, gross, and not charming. They are loud, messy, and pretty dumb! I hate small children. And no, you're baby is not cute. It's gross.
  • Brohoof 2

• Infants and toddlers are annoying, gross, and not charming. They are loud, messy, and pretty dumb! I hate small children. And no, you're baby is not cute. It's gross.

Totally agree with you there! Adding to this I also hate the way parents act about their kids, the way parents use them to get attention really annoys me. Wow you had a kid what do you want a medal, you know a woman gives birth every three seconds (as in multiple women around the world) so what makes you so special! And just saying, parents everywhere keep your babies out of the movie theatres, seriously there'd be a lot less ruined movies if parents understood this.

• Brohoof 3

The characters themselves may not have literal feelings, but you better believe that their fans do. Like or not, these characters can mean a lot to people. Saying things like...

..about someone's best pony is going to evoke an equally strong reaction. Don't tell people to chill out whilst acting like Rainbow Dash personally punched your mother.

Indeed, why not go out and do something productive besides do anything that anybody does for recreation. People do different things to wind down, including weed and alcohol. As long as they are not abusing it, we shouldn't judge them for it. Why would we? Getting mad at someone for doing a thing to unwind that we don't also do to unwind is absurd.

Edited by Banul
  • Brohoof 4

The characters themselves may not have literal feelings, but you better believe that their fans do. Like or not, these characters can mean a lot to people. Saying things like...

..about someone's best pony is going to evoke an equally strong reaction. Don't tell people to chill out whilst acting like Rainbow Dash personally punched your mother.

Indeed, why not go out and do something productive besides do anything that anybody does for recreation. People do different things to wind down, including weed and alcohol. As long as they are not abusing it, we shouldn't judge them for it. Why would we? Getting mad at someone for doing a thing to unwind that we don't also do to unwind is absurd.

While I would love to go back and forth with you on this, remember that this is a rant thread where users should be able to freely express their anger or thoughts without judgement.

I have this friend who insists on being superior and undermines me all the time. I can't tell her how I feel because even giving her the tiniest hint that she's being a jerk will result in her completely overreacting and I'll be "the traitor". We've been friends for so long that I don't want to loose her friendship but she's treating me like I don't matter. I don't think she even knows she's doing it! Jesus Christ! I just want to be able to freely speak my mind to her!

This doesn't sound like a rant as much as it just sounds like a problem you could use help with. Have you tried Nonviolent Communication? It's something I always resort to when dealing with difficult conflicts and it usually takes the heat out of them. I may be able to explain it in more detail if you're interested, but the crash course would be this:

1. Only state facts as facts. If you want to state an opinion, clearly mark it as one.

This may sound easier than it is, because pragmatically, we usually speak our opinions. For instance "You're always late!" is clearly not a fact, since 'always' is an absolute term and  there is nobody who is literally always late. "We missed our bus, because you weren't at the bus stop at 9:30" however would be a fact because it can be supported by evidence that can not be refuted.

2. Make a clear distinction between yourself and the person you're talking to. State what you feel at what he or she does. For instance, "I feel like that my time is not taken seriously when you don't show up on time."

3. Formulate what you want into a specific change you want to see in the behavior of the person you're talking to. This of course should be something that person can actually fulfill. For instance, in my example case it could be: "I want you to call me in advance if you're going to be late."

People in this world do not show enough common sense and self control these days. The constant pointless status updates about "so and so" doing "this activity" at "this time" are effectively pointless. I guarantee you that 99.99% of people do not care, and just like it or comment on it just for the hell of it.

I mean, granted, if it's actually important, and you want input, that's one thing. But just random, stupid crap to waste time? Go utilize the spare time on something that can actually help you in your life.

• Brohoof 1

Fanboyism in the gaming industry especially when it comes to different platforms. Games are getting judged based on what platform they're on or what company they're from. And also PC master race is annoying because they act like they're perfect when they're not. Yes I find fanboys on certain consoles to be arrogant but more so with PC. And fanboys will buy pretty much any game from any company regardless if it actually interests them or not. And games are being taken too seriously with talk of resolutions, frame rates, polygons, textures, online capabilities, complexity, how realistic, dark, and gritty a game looks and also crude voice chatting online. They're just games I play them to have fun and to bring a smile to my face and games don't have to have those traits to be good. And a game doesn't need to be on PC to be good. What matters most is fun.

Edited by TheJLeeTeam
  • Brohoof 3

Yes!  Time for some good old fashioned ranting!  

-Ok, first of all, I am relatively new to this fandom.  I have only been a brony for about three months or so.  Though this is kind of obvious, and we all get the short end of the stick with this, I hate feeling like I can't express an interest that I have, without someone going, "Oh.... you're one of those guys."  Other fandoms don't have this much of a stigma attached to them.  There isn't a "name" for die hard Walking Dead fans.  I just don't like how close minded some people are.  They judge things so easily, and honestly, though I have no real problem being called a brony, I would rather not be labeled simply because I like a T.V. show.  When I finally caved, and decided to see what the big deal was with MLP, I discovered that it was a really good show.  Naturally, when I find a really good show, I like to share it with friends and family, and to see them almost completely ignore me when I bring anything up about the show, it kills me.  Argh!  Why can't I just discuss this show with someone like I do the Walking Dead?!  I mean is the world so messed up that everyone thinks that adults should only be interested in blood, gore, and violence, instead of a show that encourages you to treat other human beings with kindness and friendship?  Is it just me, or is there something wrong with that picture?    

Rainbow Dash was my first favorite character because she stood out the most for me but as I continued watching my opinions have changed and let me just say even Applejack is way better. Those reasons are pretty much the same reasons Sonic gets hate too. Also Bic Mac's yep is dull, I think it's supposed to be a King of the Hill reference. 

You can just do something like yoga or play Animal Crossing to relax.

And yeah if you like a character you don't have to be so defensive.

I have a rant (and I'm apparently free to do so in this topic): People who seemingly lack a capacity for empathy.  Or simply don't bother to exercise it.  People who cling to their hyperbolic hatred like it's something cherished or valuable.  People who consistently, constantly choose "hate" because it, presumably, makes them feel better about themselves.  Because their self-confidence and / or self-image is reliant upon hurting someone else.  People who thoughtlessly and freely lob insults at someone who can't necessarily defend themselves; people who are themselves hypocritically guilty of the same flaws they so often condemn.

And yeah if you like a character you don't have to be so defensive.

And someone who "hates" a pony could simply keep it to themselves.  Likely without exploding.  Or distract themselves by talking about ponies they actually don't hate.  I'll never understand, where FIM is concerned, why someone would rather repeatedly attack than earnestly care.  What does that do to a person?  Hate is an unpleasant emotion.  Why dwell on it?  Better yet: Why hate a colorful talking equine at all?  Aren't their more deserving targets for their hatred?

All that has to happen in order for the cycle of "hate" and defense to stop is...  Well...  The group responsible for the former to abandon / quiet their "hatred."  There would be no need to defend if some individuals weren't so fond of attacking.  Defending doesn't stop the attack; the defender is left with only two options.  And both, frankly, suck.  Defend, defend, defend (even when it hurts), or ignore, ignore, ignore (even when it hurts).

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

I hate politics and everything about it. Politicians always say that they will do good and promise a whole lot of change in this world. When they get into office, however, they take back everything that got them in and ruin the country even more. The only thing politicians are good at is lying so they can steal your votes and reek havoc as the leader of a country. Plus politicians never get anything done with the opposing political parties. They have too much pride in them to even settle on agreements. Even simple agreements too. Politics is nothing but a dirty scheme.   

Edited by RainbowDash72
  • Brohoof 1

I just need to spill.

Public school is stupid

Society is stupid

Trolls are stupid

Most Democratic beliefs are stupid

Windows 8 is stupid

Thanks for the thread.

@RainbowDash72

All?

Edited by Sheo G. Orath

It's actually been a good while since my last rant. So here goes:

I can't stand when someone changes the subject for no reason right in the middle of a conversation, especially when it's a third person. At least have the respect to let me finish what I'm saying before you bring up something you want to talk about. This irritates me to no end.

I also get annoyed when someone automatically agrees with another person for the purpose of sucking up to them. I'm not saying you should make a point to disagree with them -- I'm as non-confrontational as you can get -- but it's just so frustrating when someone blindly agrees with someone else for this reason.

And of course there's the "hating things is cool" people, and the snobby elitists in every fandom which have both already been covered in this thread. I can think of a few more but don't feel like typing them out, and it would probably end badly if I did :nom:

Edited by Frostgage

img-3665701-1-rozb5bxyjczevo8vt2rt.png

You know what really grinds my gears? This 90s kid debate. Go on any one of those reminiscing about the the 90s videos and you will find mountains of comment threads debating over the oh so serious *sarcasm* topic on what year you have to be born in to be a "90s kid." In reality, why should this matter? Does someone younger than you calling themselves a 90s kid really hurt you that much? So much that you have to write them a freaking essay in the comments on why they're wrong? Maybe if you "90s kids" stopped bashing on how bad the 2000s were, than maybe there would be less people doing that. Also, just because you grew up in the 90s, doesn't mean you are a better person than someone not born in the 90s. This debate gets so hilarious to the point where generations are separated into sections of a decade for growing up to make some sort of proof. 

And that's what really grinds my gears.

Don't mean to sound pouty to it. But i feel that the 80s in general are some goofy stuff that is pushed into american comedy as some form of golden age. But i think that if you like something then stick to it ^^