Did you like it?  

273 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

This is probably my favorite episode so far this season. My favorite part was when Luna showed Apple Bloom the other CMC's dreams and when they met up in he same dream. The entire episode was amazing, though.

I liked the episode. It showed us the fear of perhaps never being able to accomplish something you want to do and it is relatable :)

I honestly thought Apple Bloom was gonna get her cutie mark, in this episode, but this season they'll all most likely get their Cutie Marks! Here's what I think their cutie marks might be: 

Apple Bloom: Something that has to do with apples... Not too sure what kind of apple. xD

Scootaloo: Something to do with her scooter, for sure! 

Sweetie Belle: Singing! n.n 

This episode was really good and cute! This season has to be my favorite, so far!! 

Oh, Applebloom, you should know your family would never say anything like that or disown you. To them, family is something more sacred than any apple tree in Equestria. (....What? Too cheesy?)

• Brohoof 1

Oh, Applebloom, you should know your family would never say anything like that or disown you. To them, family is something more sacred than any apple tree in Equestria. (....What? Too cheesy?)

Never too cheesy. It's like a good Pinkie saying ^_^  

The Dream-Ception was really good I might add. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When she gets the first cutie mark I thought, "OH this is perfect for her!" Even though she didn't like it much, I thought it was a perfect fit. Then when she gets it removed and tries to get the bugs it makes me so sad because I felt like she embraced the CM and was willing to get the job done and do it right.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As terrible and heartwrenching as Apple Bloom's final nightmare is, after Brotherhooves Social, where it's revealed that Apple Bloom saw Big Mac as her hero when she was little and still does to this day, it gets even worse. Apple Bloom saw her brother, her HERO, berate her and even disown her. She knew it was just a nightmare, but the thought of her hero doing this to her in real life would more than likely shatter the poor filly completely.

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

The best episode of season 5, and there's not even a contest. I might get slightly more enjoyment out of "Rarity Investigates!," but this is legitimately one of the most impressive episodes the show has ever had. Taking place in dreams allows it to cover so much ground in what Apple Bloom's anxieties genuinely might be, and so many of them are sympathetic even as they're clearly kinda childish. There's not a single point where the episode seems overstuffed, and yet there's so much stuff in here. Among Apple Bloom's fears are being ostracised, failing to protect her home, losing her friendships, and not living up to her family's expectations. Even if the specifics are a little silly, in broad strokes those are all very relatable. And then that bit at the end, where Apple Bloom thinks only she could be so silly as to fear cutie marks, and then Luna proves her wrong? That comes across to me as a message to the target audience that they're not alone. I honestly think that's more powerful than almost any of the show's other messages. 

Don't really know why Apple Bloom's shadow sounds so much like Starlight Glimmer in parts, or what its promises to help her mean, but it does allow for the episode to have a coherent thematic connection to other episodes in season 5 through cutie marks and whether they're desirable. Here, removing a bad cutie mark doesn't get rid of Apple Bloom's problems, and that strengthens the other main message about being comfortable with who you are regardless of what others think. Changing yourself for others won't help you. 

Oh, and visually this episode is just incredible. I keep picking up on new details, like how Apple Bloom's potion cutie mark has an apple inside it despite that meaning absolutely nothing. Doesn't have to make sense, because it's in a dream. Characters appear and disappear as they're necessary, simply because Apple Bloom is conjuring them through her train of thought. And that one scene, where AB is on the table with her family chewing her out in each other's voices? One of the most stunning moments in the entire show. This episode just has such a tight control on its own style and atmosphere that it would be great even if it weren't deep and powerful. 

Josh Haber doesn't deserve half of the hate he gets. Gonna miss him. 

Score:

Entertainment: 10/10

Characters: 10/10

Theme: 10/10

Story: 10/10

Overall: 100/100

Edited by AlexanderThrond
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

It had been a while since I'd watched the show, so I recently watched a few episodes. I just re-watched this episode, and there's one thing I wanted to bring up here... 

I didn't feel it as much this time, but I remember the first time I watched this episode, I got a bit emotional when it showed Scootaloo being able to fly in their mashed together dream.  I'm not sure how to describe it, but it's like a mixture of sadness and happiness at the same time. The realization that she's able to fly in her dreams and be so happy about it, you know. It's just something to kind of think about.

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I thought this episode was very dull. There's nothing that it really gets wrong, but there's nothing really stand out about it. I like the ending and how it closed out the Luna visits the CMC's dreams mini-arc, but the journey getting there was too uninteresting for it to be worth it.

Score: 5/10

• 1 month later...

This was a well done episode, and I like the dream itself becoming less real as it went.

On 3/10/2017 at 3:01 AM, Miles said:

I didn't feel it as much this time, but I remember the first time I watched this episode, I got a bit emotional when it showed Scootaloo being able to fly in their mashed together dream.  I'm not sure how to describe it, but it's like a mixture of sadness and happiness at the same time. The realization that she's able to fly in her dreams and be so happy about it, you know. It's just something to kind of think about.

That was really sweet. I hope the show addresses this. Either she learns to fly or she learns she’ll probably never fly. (If they have addressed it, then I’m not there yet.)

• 1 month later...

I liked this episode. Watching Applebloom get all sorts of cutie marks was really fun! Applebloom becoming a pest pony was also incredibly interesting, and I would've loved to see more of it.

However, I didn't like how the pest pony's cutie mark looked. It looked quite horrible, and didn't go well with Applebloom. I was actually really glad when it just turned out to be a dream, just because of that.

Luna bringing all three of the CMC together in a dream was also fascinating. If they can actually meet in dreams and can all remember it, which I presume, Luna's powers would be able to be used to hold secret meetings and such. That seems like quite a powerful effect.

• 3 months later...

This is a pretty great episode. Making the entire episode a series of nightmares allows it to be more visually interesting than average episodes and this episode takes full advantage of that. While not all of the nightmares are really enjoyable, they're all thematically relevant and do a good job of exploring Apple Bloom's fears. The ending is the best part with a great message for kids about how everyone worries about their future and that it's okay. This is the first episode in a while to be really interesting visually and still have substance, so just for that it's commendable. 

Score: 8/10

Edited by bigbertha

• 2 months later...

I really like this one, the writing was clever here, showing each and every doubt of AB in a dream in very creative ways. The moment she got her CM it was clear to me it is a dream so the episode was predictable but the way it was presented was fun. The shadow in the dream has the same philosophy as starlight, so I thought it was foreshadowing something.

The dream in which her family get rid of her was hilarious^_^, I love that moment! And its always nice to see best princes so it was a nice bonus. 9/10  

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...

Boy oh boy this one was very very interesting. The multilayed dream sequence is something I share myself. I love seeing how Luna helps those in dreams, she always comes out of the moon within dreams. One of the best episodes I've ever seen honestly.

• Brohoof 3