Did you like it?  

273 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I like the idea of dream interception. And also the Ghost Buster reference so far. It's like Hasbro is taking MLP further more to the Sci-Fi level. Well, episode rating: 9/10.

• Brohoof 2

It was a good episode, but it got a bit boring, repetitive and predictable for me. Probs the weakest of the three S5 episodes imo.

Also, am I the only one who doesn't get the Groundhog's Day jokes in this thread? :P

That was an EXCELLENT episode, and the dream sequences never felt boring or useless. They had a purpose. :D

• Brohoof 3

I don't believe it! Babs got her mark and she's no longer a member of the CMC? Seriously?!?!

I'm predicting that the CMC will have her remain in the group.  Remember, CMC help each other find their cutie marks.  I don't think earning your cutie mark will get you kicked from the club; doing so would stop fillies from even trying to find their talents.

I loved this epesode! I actually thought that Starlight was behind this mess but it was actually AB's Fears controlling her! Moral: Be yourself and don't get your demons control you! Better put those demons on a leash! ;P

• Brohoof 1

Aw.. that song from earlier sums up the lesson: There ain't no call to worry, so don't you cry or fret/ a cutie mark won't change me, no matter what I get.

Really good episode, wow. I love stuff like this, with dreams and whatnot... and they did well with that concept thos episode, I thought it was better than Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle's dream episodes even, and wrapped up that whole arc with them having bad dream episodes seasonally nicely as well. I just hope it leads to the CMC actually getting their cutie marks soon, finally... please? :please:

9/10

• Brohoof 4

This episode is decent. Not average, but not even great either. I do love how it tried out new things, but on the other hand some of those new things were poorly executed. It's also nice to see Luna and some character development from Apple Bloom. It isn't as great as Sleepless in Ponyville or For Whom The Sweetie Belle Toils, but it is watchable. I'd give it a 7/10.

• Brohoof 2

So much inception references

This is why Luna is best princess.

OMG, are they going to put a song in every episode now? not sure if want

Edited by Argumedies

I liked this episode. For some reason, the Apple Bloom wake-up scenes remind me slightly of "Groundhog Day" even though the exact same thing doesn't happen every day. In the morning it feels similar but when the day progresses, it's different.

I said following For Who The Sweetie Belle Tolls that we were guaranteed an Apple Bloom/ Princess Luna episode and lo and behold! 

I may have been wrong that the shadowy figure was Luna, but during the final encounter, if you listen close enough, you can just make out that it's just Apple Bloom's voice slightly distorted. Nice touch.

Though the sound design for this episode was all over the place in terms of quality. The CMC particularly seemed to almost change voices halfway through. Also, even though I've barely played the game, that sequence with the doors leading into a pony's dream reminded me of Psyconauts. 

The dream sequence went on just a bit too long before Luna finally showed up in my opinion. All and all though, it was a decent episode despite a few hiccups. The "waking from a dream into another dream" actually reminds me of an episode from the cartoon, Stickin Around, except there they woke from a dream for real still thinking they were dreaming. 

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 1

Maybe it's just me, but I think Season 5 has been really solid so far.

I agree, I actually enjoyed this episode a lot. Hopefully the rest of S5 is a strong!  :squee:

Yoikes. That was crazy.

That dream loop, man. Even though I figured out what it was after the first piece, it still made my heart skip a few beats. I mean good lord, the Twittermites were one thing, but getting kicked out of the clubhouse AND the entire Apple family? SAVE ME, LUNA!!!

Also, that would've seriously been screwed up if that was Starlight Glimmer messing with Applebloom. Just sayin'.

Oh, and congrats to Babs for getting her Cutie Mark! See you in two weeks, champ!

• Brohoof 1

I loved this epesode! I actually thought that Starlight was behind this mess but it was actually AB's Fears controlling her! Moral: Be yourself and don't get your demons control you! Better put those demons on a leash! ;P

I didnt think it was Starlight...but it kept that same theme about how importent the CM identity really is

BTW once again it seems luna is doing more than celestia ._. I really hope that rumor about celestia planning twilight castle is true....

Not sure what you're getting at since dreams have been explicitly made out to be Luna's domain alone.  It's not like Celestia would show up doing something that's not her responsibility.  I'm sure she's been plenty busy as usual handling, well... running an entire nation with her sister.  ^_^

I think it has been there for a while, but I can't confirm it.  I wouldn't call it creepy since it obviously belongs to Scootaloo.

If its been there before i guess i never noticed it. Just looked so weird!