Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many pets have you had in your life?

Princess Desu

Ohjeez, throughout my whole life....

14 dogs
24 cats
21 rats
17 guinea pigs
8 lizards
6 toads
3 hamsters
3 turtles
4 mice
2 rabbits
2 parakeets
2 garter snakes
1 gerbil
1 dove
1 raccoon
1 robin

Keep in mind my family does a lot of animal rescue and foster work (and even rehab in the case of the raccoon and other wild animals) so that explains why I've had so many animals in my life. I wouldn't change it for the world! :yay:

Too many pets I have had. 

Currently, I have two dogs, seven cats, and a turtle. 

I used to have another dog and three other cats. 

Me and my mom also like to feed the many cats outside so I guess that counts too. But I have no idea how many that is though...

I've had three rabbits (which actually belonged to my sister and were taken care of by my mom so I don't really count them), two cats (one of which has died), and most recently my parents got a dog. I only actively care for he cat(s), since my parents are training the dog to be a hunting dog and I didn't want to get a dog in the first place. (He's really sweet, though)

• 3 years later...

My family and I have had many pets (some that died because we weren't the best caretakers) but I only had two that I officially owned.

Here is Zephyr. My half brother kept saying he was everyone's dog even though I was the only one who took care of him and spent the most time with him, but my mother assured me that he was my dog. I had him for little over a year when the relatives we were staying with moved and let us have one of their dogs. He died.

46155809_709034732814145_882261027914252288_n.jpg.eef1447988535ee5379d081ae69b6b93.jpg

This is one of the dozens of cats we had when my stepfather brought home two unfixed cats, Egypt. He was one of the cats that disappeared while others were given to other people.

18033851_413836932333928_8633682765867574490_n.thumb.jpg.afbed911e3f3f43fe30b4929e7139eaa.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Never really had a pet of my own (although my family has had dogs sequentially) but DID end up having a cat take ownership of me (this being the nature of cats, really)

Officially my wife's cat, since she adopted it, but no other animal was permitted on my lap on pain of, well, much and immediate pain, and he used to wait on top of my computer's tower unit for me to come home and sit down at the keyboard so he could transfer himself to my lap without any significant effort :)

First thing I would see in a morning when I woke would be his face inches from mine, patiently waiting for me to feed him.

After he passed, I didn't clean his paw prints off the top of the unit for over a year :(

Let's see, my family has had:

• At least 20 dogs (counting puppies)
  • At least 15 rats (counting pups)
  • Several gerbils
  • 3 cats
  • 2 guinea pigs
  • a rabbit
  • a hamster

As of now, we have 9 dogs. As far as I know 8 of the 9 are half Catahoula and half Black Mouth Cur, and the other (being the mother of the other 8) is a Catahoula. But we have seen traits of other breeds in them as well. There was one that looked like a Blue Heeler, and some of the puppies we have now have some semblance to Dobermans. 

Edited by DusksuD
I forgot about the gerbils.

• 5 months later...

4 dogs

6 cats

2 rabbits 

a gazillion fish :laugh:

one bird 

one turtle 

2 rats 

2 bearded dragons 

I think that’s it...hopefully I’m not forgetting anyone? :ooh: