Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Jokes offend you guys?

Tom Snyder

I don't have the slightest idea, since I don't really find any jokes offensive; either they're funny to me or not.

any jokes about an event where people died are in VERY bad taste, like 9/11 jokes,or any bombing or mass killing and any jokes that insult our nations military. and rape jokes.

i only hate a certain kind of hitler( or just generally nazi jokes) that depict Hitler as "good guy".

I don´t really get offended by that either, but i just ask myself wether the people who wrote it ever had history lessons.

i only hate a certain kind of hitler( or just generally nazi jokes) that depict Hitler as "good guy".

I don´t really get offended by that either, but i just ask myself wether the people who wrote it ever had history lessons.

Are you sure? I'm quite certain most people are aware of how Hitler actually was; only the most ignorant of people would legitimately believe in that. I find some of those jokes very humourous because of its absurdity.

• Brohoof 1

Are you sure? I'm quite certain most people are aware of how Hitler actually was; only the most ignorant of people would legitimately believe in that. I find some of those jokes very humourous because of its absurdity.

I don´t mean the 9gag-style "looking führer good time?this is the reich place!" kind of jokes. i´d link some if i´d find any, but they would probably not be appropriate to post here.

Again, i do find those kind of jokes to be funny, too, but there are different ones that aren´t that funny.

(edited)

If you can nail a good hitler impression, i'll laugh. But as long as you don't go overboard on religious joke, you're fine. Stuff like this:

Edited by Candy Star

Fat Jokes. I'm not overweight or anything, but people who ARE overweight really have it hard. Some skinny people sit there and eat a whole thing of tacos, and lose a pound, then decide to go make fun of fat people like if they had a metabolism like that, they'd be healthy? Nuh-uh. No. Food comforts some people, like many other habits comfort other people. They just are treated like animals because for their habit, it physically shows. Then people decide to go

"LOL fatty, go lose weight. Run outside or something LOL"

Yeah, okay. While I'm at it, I'll just magically stop drinking too by not buying alcohol. I'll stop smoking too, by magically using a patch because they have a 100% success rate. Right? No. Wrong. People these days are just full of hate. People think that there won't be another world war, but people hating on each other just by what side they put their toilet paper on? Jesus, this generation is done for.

• Brohoof 2

Fat Jokes. I'm not overweight or anything, but people who ARE overweight really have it hard. Some skinny people sit there and eat a whole thing of tacos, and lose a pound, then decide to go make fun of fat people like if they had a metabolism like that, they'd be healthy? Nuh-uh. No. Food comforts some people, like many other habits comfort other people. They just are treated like animals because for their habit, it physically shows. Then people decide to go

"LOL fatty, go lose weight. Run outside or something LOL"

Yeah, okay. While I'm at it, I'll just magically stop drinking too by not buying alcohol. I'll stop smoking too, by magically using a patch because they have a 100% success rate. Right? No. Wrong. People these days are just full of hate. People think that there won't be another world war, but people hating on each other just by what side they put their toilet paper on? Jesus, this generation is done for.

psh. Thats not really a joke though.

Thats just insulting people and being a twat xD

• Brohoof 1

Rape jokes. Triggering as hell to people who have suffered that great trauma in their lives. It's especially disgusting when people pass it off as a joke or a method to lessen the pain or a way to make coping with it easier (and such people usually have never experienced rape at all). 

These days everything triggers everyone. People are stepped too easily on their toes and that's why I think it's stupid to be offended at a joke. People make drug jokes, homeless jokes, poverty jokes, jokes about death and murder, Russian jokes, jokes about gypsies, jokes about abuse, gay jokes. Those actual things have all been a part of my life ever since I was born. You shouldn't get mad at jokes or get triggered by them, we haven't seen our friends get melted down by napalm or been tortured to death.  We all had some stupid shit to go through, some more than others. And if you don't like something, just say it's not funny or tell them to stop. If they don't, ignore them, act like they are thin air. It's a lot better than getting triggered by the meatballs in your spaghetti.

I can only fear for the future wherein everything is a trigger for everyone, wherein one joke aimed towards LGBTQ will create a riot (Pillars of Eternity anyone?), wherein one joke about a race can get you into jail. Hyperbole sensitivity seems to be a trend these days, or so it seems. My toes are metaphorically out of iron, I taught myself to stop caring about single issues or little jokes. I think many people should follow the same mentality for when the real world will come looking around the corner. It's one thing to joke about a tragedy in someone's life right in their face when you're aware of it, it's another when you do it when you don't know whether or not the other party speaks up about it.

img-3672419-1-6po4wdd.jpg

Edited by Winterbass
  • Brohoof 2

As long as the jokes are playful, and aren't insulting a large group of people, or my family, or this show, or MLaaTR, and the jokes aren't immature (Sexual, violent, or just plain ignorant), then I'm completely fine with it. If it pretains something bad, I will just try to forget what I saw and go somewhere else, and never return to the topic. :3

(Twist: Candy Star is noting all posts made so that he can offend as many people as possible.)

Actually it's me doing that, got the list right here *flails list frantically*

@, I'm chubby, I refer to myself as a fat fuck a lot XD also what Aleh said

Whoa! now that's not true.  :( I'm trying to avoid it.

Haha.

Anyhow. Let's see what people said so far (some items listed will be redundant):

-Drunk jokes (user states it's more that it's not funny than it being offensive).

-9/11 jokes (x3)

-Racist jokes (x3)

-Christian jokes

-Jokes about oneself

-Tragedy jokes

-Boston Bombing

-Suicide jokes

-Rape jokes (x4)

-Freedom jokes

-Self-harm jokes (x2)

-Disability jokes

-Mental health jokes

-Racist jokes

-Sexist jokes (x2)

-Jokes about serious topics

-Allahu Ackbar jokes

-Terrorist jokes

-Prison rape jokes

-Religious jokes (unless from someone of that religion)

-Yo mama jokes (is that seriously offensive though?) (x2)

-Knock knock jokes (lulz)

-Bombing jokes

-Mass killing jokes

-Jokes about one's nation's military

-*Certain* Hitler jokes

-Canadian jokes

-Jokes about crimes and wars

-Mexican jokes that cross the line (lulz)

-Fat jokes

-Jokes that insult a large group of people

-Jokes about one's family

-MLPFIM jokes.

-MLaaTR jokes (?)

-Immature jokes

-Sexual jokes

-Violent jokes

-Ignorant jokes

Many of these I could laugh about though. Is not that I'm ignorant of the seriousness of these things nor would I make such jokes towards people who have had terrible experiences in their lives (unless they joke about it themselves then game on), but if someone says something about these topics in a way it's clever, it's funny. I'm quite certain there are many of you who may have laughed about something related to serious topic and felt guilty about it. For me, I decided feeling guilty about laughing about such things is pointless. The morbidity itself is part of the reason why something serious is funny (at least for me) and there is also the intention of making joke and actually trying to insult/degrade people.

(This is why Polandball is my favourite meme)

There are also people who say "It's offensive unless people of that group makes the joke" to which I question why they should be allowed to say something is offensive if other people are making the same jokes. I used to take this position but I have since allowed anyone to make jokes related to something about me, even supposed insensitive ones, in return that I get to do the same for them; it's easier that way in my opinion.

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna
  • Brohoof 2

Most jokes don't offend me, even with my tendency to be sensitive to stuff.

However, two types of jokes do tend to irritate me:

Jokes that make fun of people for something entirely out of their control. This depends on the subject at hand but these sometimes can really annoy me.

Secondly, jokes that try to be offensive and funny at the same time but fail to be funny. Those are just...ugh. 

So even then it is still very limited on what offends me in terms of jokes.

Memes. They don't offend me.

Just so annoying.

So. Annoying.

No jokes offend me other than height, because I'm short and got bullied 'cus of it  :okiedokielokie: 

And sexist/racist, rapist/9/11 jokes aren't funny.

Edited by Lightning

Almost nothing offends me, life's easier that way.

I say "almost" because I almost never speak in absolutes

Who are the fastest readers in the world?

New Yorkers, some of them can go through 110 stories in 10 seconds

Edited by Omega Centauri
  • Brohoof 1