Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Jokes offend you guys?

Tom Snyder

So how many of my jokes were offensive?

Which jokes? 

In terms of an answer before seeing them  I'm going to say offense is taken not given. 

People can get offended by anything >.<   

Would say as a general thing if you're trying not to be offensive then racism ,sexism and rape are apparently good places to steer clear from, but again, varies from audience to audience. I find those types of jokes hilarious xD

• Brohoof 1

Which jokes? 

In terms of an answer before seeing them  I'm going to say offense is taken not given. 

People can get offended by anything >.<   

Would say as a general thing if you're trying not to be offensive then racism ,sexism and rape are apparently good places to steer clear from, but again, varies from audience to audience. I find those types of jokes hilarious xD

The jokes i post on my blogs every day(give or take).

I did a pretty morbid one on a blog, but that cheered up a person.

The jokes i post on my blogs every day(give or take).

I did a pretty morbid one on a blog, but that cheered up a person.

Again, its dependent on the person, so just post what you want : P

If you're going to post something morbid and you're honestly worried about offending people then warn beforehand. Then nobody has a right to complain xD

• Brohoof 1

Again, its dependent on the person, so just post what you want : P

If you're going to post something morbid and you're honestly worried about offending people then warn beforehand. Then nobody has a right to complain xD

I would suppose not if that's the case.

the only jokes that really offend me are when people say bad shit about the men, women, animals (yes, animals) in our armed forces.  I don't care what is said about the military, im talking about the people in service.  Im not talking about the light hearted jokes either.  Some people go to far with the jokes, making fun of the dying, decapitation, torture, etc.....  also making fun of the disabled vets.

I have gotten into some shit with people because of that.  Lets see how they would like being flown over there, blown up, shot, tortured.    fuck those people and I hope they have a horrible life and get reincarnated as a fly.

also I really dislike family jokes. That is too personal.

Edited by CodeHell

I don't think I could find any joke offensive because it would require me to take the joke seriously and that defeats the purpose of the joke. My favorite type of humor is self-deprecating humor despite suffering from depression. I just don't take jokes seriously therefore they can never offend me. I can find things not funny and that is about it for me.

Racist jokes are far too common when people joke with me. Its just..... annoying -____- ni**a is fine but the hard R? I'm gonna fight you

To be honest, the only kind of joke that offends/hurts me are blond jokes. I understand everyone needs to laugh at themselves every once in a while, but those jokes are always so mean spirited and play on a nasty stereotype. Make all the Canadian jokes you want, but please don't insinuate that I'm stupid because of my hair color, even in jest...

• Brohoof 1

Jokes about race, religion, sex/gender, orientation and the like really don't bother me a whole lot, they just make the teller come off as a douche. Jokes that really annoy me are jokes about disasters like 9/11 and the holocaust and jokes that outright offend me are jokes about things like rape and murder and animal abuse, especially animal abuse.

Edited by Kitty.
  • Brohoof 1

For me it's not really about the content, but the spirit of the joke. I see some that I can't help but think aren't meant to be funny but to put people down or have a laugh at the expense of someone seen as "inferior".

Jokes don't offend me one bit, there jokes there suppose to be stupid and funny :). And honestly they could be pointed toward me and I wouldn't care one bit :P.

• Brohoof 1

Jokes that normalize and/or try to justify rape (whether it's a man or a woman being victimized -- not funny either way!) or that seem to encourage crap like eating disorders or self-harm. Sometimes I think shows like Family Guy don't realize how much power they have to influence public opinion.

Edited by Dreampuff
  • Brohoof 1

the only jokes that really offend me are when people say bad shit about the men, women, animals (yes, animals) in our armed forces.  I don't care what is said about the military, im talking about the people in service.  Im not talking about the light hearted jokes either.  Some people go to far with the jokes, making fun of the dying, decapitation, torture, etc.....  also making fun of the disabled vets.

I have gotten into some shit with people because of that.  Lets see how they would like being flown over there, blown up, shot, tortured.    fuck those people and I hope they have a horrible life and get reincarnated as a fly.

also I really dislike family jokes. That is too personal.

psh. But again it depends.

Pretty sure a lot of people who are in the service will find army jokes hilarious. Tend to find that people in the army have a pretty morbid sense of humour xD

Some people probably go too far ofc but >.<