Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Jokes offend you guys?

Tom Snyder

I don't have any problem with real jokes.  A real joke is said light-heartedly, no matter how "offensive" the subject.  

It's all in the tone of voice.  If someone says a joke in a manner that you can just tell they're trying to get under your skin, it's like waving a red flag at a bull.  It doesn't offend me, because I don't take things personally... Rather, I find pleasure in trolling the troll back.

:umad: 

~ Miles

• Brohoof 1

I don't get offended very easily. But my "friends" (using that term loosely) make jokes about me for having long hair. At first it didn't phase me but that's the only thing they roast me on and it gets really, really, really annoying.

• Brohoof 2

Jokes don't really tend to offend me, because they're jokes. Some might get annoying, especially old memes that are like kicking a dead horse and shooting it in the face, but nothing offensive really.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't really think of any types of jokes that offend me ^^;

Most "offensive jokes" aren't really funny to me, though

Mostly any joke by a group of people directed towards me in either a personal or non-personal manner.

It's why I don't laugh at jokes in groups, if it isn't funny of course, or if it's meant to harm.

(edited)

I don't really get offended by that many jokes, unless they are racist or meant to harm in some other way. I also don't like jokes about gay people and I am (sometimes) offended by jokes about disabilities, especially when they are to do with mental disabilities

Edited by shoyrumaster11
  • Brohoof 1

I'm a white, heterosexual(ish), athiest male. Which means I'm basically Satan in some corners of the internet, so I'm pretty sure that saying I'm offended is offensive in itself to some people. :D

Luckily very little gets under my skin, I can't recall feeling anything that can be described as offended.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I don't get offended from anything really; I usually just don't care enough to be offended. So yeah, that applies to jokes as well; I've never been offended by a joke. The worst that could happen is that I don't laugh. :o

Edited by Blue Moon

Any jokes hinted towards women. No I am not really a HUGE feminist or anything, but I cannot stand those "Women in the kitchen jokes" or "Women are only good for cooking and sex" etc.

Its just dumb because we are not all meant to cook or be used for such things. Even jokes towards men like "Men belong in the garage" etc. Pretty much same as women, but vice versa. Especially jokes about women's periods. I mean, like we can even control those. We wish we did.

I also could care less for 9/11 jokes. because its not cool or funny to make fun of tragic things. Making jokes on anything tragic just isn't mature.

There are plenty of jokes I don't find funny, but I'm not easily offended. Honestly, I feel that every subject can be joked about and that 'too soon' does not exist.

Anything that just doesn't have a good punchline, but I can find jokes of almost any category funny, though when it comes to "third rail" things I prefer satirical discussion rather than actual direct jokes

Honestly, after going through trade school and my workplace where almost every single offensive joke is told, nothing bothers me. In class we had only one black guy and one female and they didn't care in the slightest after the first month. Crazy Pete...

Video game jokes offend me, particularly from middle aged comedians who say stuff like "Hey remember Nintendo? Remember the only way to clean it?" and they proceed to overly exaggerate blowing on a cartridge. I watched that Gabriel Iglesias "The Fluffy Movie" and I just zoned out when he was talking about Nintendo.  I'm like, good god why go for Nintendo? Why not say Atari 2600? Or the Sega Genesis. Almost all of the video game humor I hear from stand up comedians is "Hey remember Nintendo?" blah blah blah. It's hard to find a comedian with good video game humor (mostly because of copyright) but I'm sure they can figure it out right? RIGHT?

The other thing would be Texas jokes, it's all :derp: hur dur pa der NASCAR and beer and trailer homes.  While (insert state from where the stand up show is being held) is the oh so perfect state in every way.

Also, if said "joke" is making loud noises or screaming in order to make people laugh. I just can't find it funny, it just offends me how people think that. Like that one scene from "The Other Guys" where Will Ferrell is on top of some other guy (I think) and demanding information and screaming. I hate that kind of "humor".  :eww:

I don't get butt hurt about it verbally though, there's no point.  To each his own as they say, if someone finds stupid imitations of stereotype hicks or blowing on a Nintendo cartridge funny. That's their business.

If they find the movie "The Other Guys" funny. Good for them. Just don't tell me to laugh at that movie because I don't find it funny.

Bad jokes...

If the joke makes me laugh, I don't care about the offensiveness. Yeah, I'm weird :P

Lol

Like, most brazilians were really offended of how The Simpsons portrayed the country. I laughed my ass off XD

Wanna know a secret about monkey infestation? Kay, they exaggerated, for comedy's sake, buuuut, even if it's not in that extent, we do have some problems with monkeys where I live. And I live in a really nice and urbanized place XD

In my college, some people always have food in their pockets. So they can distract the monkeys, if they start to follow them (yes, this happens very often).

Anyway, what I think, is that people should take things more lightly. Heck, all the racist jokes that I know were told to me by black people '-'

I'm talking here about real jokes, not full offenses disguised as jokes. These would fall under "bad jokes" that I mentioned in the first line :3

Don't know if I made myself clear... Lol