Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Jokes offend you guys?

Tom Snyder

The 'jokes' that aren't really jokes to begin with.

Car accidents, tragedies like Boston Bombing, Sydney Martin Place, Batman cinemas shooting, airline disasters, deaths in general. Racism, sexism, and making fun of 'stereotypes' like to do with religion, ethnicity, sexuality.

I'm not easily offended.  In fact I sometimes take pleasure in hearing others attempt to offend me.

But, there's one word that, well, doesn't really "offend" me so much as it takes me off my guard...

The other B word.  (Not B*tch.  The other one).

~ Miles

I don't take anything personally, really. I'm not personally offended by much, but when people are mean to my friends and family? I can't stand that. And when they make jokes that are just plain nasty and horrible. Jokes about disasters, terrorists, and racist jokes and stuff. That's stupid. That's just vile. And really dirty and flirty jokes and stuff, I really hate them. I'm not personally offended by any of these, I just put myself in the place of someone who is so that I can clearly see exactly what the teller of the joke is doing wrong. But usually, if someone makes an attempt to scare me or offend me, I always come up with a really sarcastic and sassy reply. Seriously, I am the MASTER of sassy comebacks :squee:

Edited by Wolves

I don't know about you, but to me poking fun at Jews is more amusing than poking fun at Christians or Atheists. Mind you, I don't actually have problem with Jews.

If your avatar is meaning what I think it means, I think is fairly amusing.

My avatar is exactly what you think because the topic it depicts is a massive joke.

• Brohoof 2

So i guess we cant make jokes of natural disasters, tornadoes and hurricanes, either?

Hello political correct police...I guess spongebob is too hardcore for you because it shows car-crashes as jokes...

What is this word? There are over 9000 B words.

Don't you mean sissy comebacks..mr. or misses politically correctness hypersensitive?

All I have to say is that deaths and tragedies are no laughing matter. It is not being politically correct, it is called being a decent human being.

Whether or not you've yourself and/or had loved ones lost due to a tragedy is beside the point, but as I personally have, as well as others on this planet, think before you say something disgusting like that.

I typically don't get offended by jokes.

I do find some jokes to be not my cup of tea, or in bad taste. I can also be a hypocrite and find some jokes to be really bad, but also funny. In general though, jokes about people suffering I don't really put up with. I'm very situational when it comes to humor.

I'm not easily offended.  In fact I sometimes take pleasure in hearing others attempt to offend me.

But, there's one word that, well, doesn't really "offend" me so much as it takes me off my guard...

The other B word.  (Not B*tch.  The other one).

~ Miles

We've all been there. We are the silent majority, and it's time to share our stories.

Bananaphone

• Brohoof 1

Nothing really offends me, but jokes that are done with no effort annoy me slightly. But something weird is that people who don't get offended by things, like me, usually think that everyone else thinks the same way, so they'll make jokes that other people find offensive, and then be confused why they do.

My rule of hoof is that the joke can be as offensive as it wants so long as the joke is funny for any reason that is not solely because it is offensive (being offensive is not itself funny.)

Like, I myself made the following joke, because I find the humor to be its questionable logic:

The reason bronies make their art such absurd res is simple: they want to print it out on shirts, and bronies need really, really big shirts

Similarly, I find it funny when a horrible picture gets a bunch of "1/10" ratings followed by "9/11", and I find it very amusing that Super Mario Maker words its release date very carefully ("the 11th of September")

9/11 wasn't funny but the jokes are funny for reasons other than "wow 9/11 was a thing that happened remember that guys?"

Edited by Lucky Shot
  • Brohoof 1

Honestly, I am more likely to just find a joke to be stupid and pointless than be offended by it. I'll pretty much just not react to it and continue on my merry way if that happens.

Of course, you can UPSET me with mean-spirited jokes. I tend not to like those very much most of the time, particularly if they are directed at me and picking apart my flaws. Anything that is personal to me will elicit a negative reaction. People making light of things I take very seriously is one sure-fire way to piss me off.

The thing about me is that if my mind knows I'm not supposed to laugh at something, then I only want to giggle at it even more. So I actually laugh at ridiculously offensive jokes to others sometimes. Because I just can't help it. There are a lot of weird, dark things that I tend to find funny due to this.

Two words: Women's Rights

I hate this joke so much. People kept on asking me if they want them to tell me a joke and they end up replying with these two words. I'm like "Get a life..."

Also as people said above racist, sexist and religious jokes. Also drunk jokes too. 

It's actually really hard to offend me, but the few jokes that offend me are the ones that aren't jokes at all and are clearly personal attacks.

Jokes that are racist, sexist, or otherwise offensive (think Daniel Tosh) won't offend me at all.  More often than not, I'll laugh if it's funny despite it being mean-spirited, so long as I get the joke.

Edited by Wyzecat