Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Steven Universe Fanclub

darkwingmare

(edited)

img-3562959-1-tumblr_mq20rlh3ze1qmslsno1

STEVEN UNIVERSE FANCLUB;

BECAUSE EVERYONE NEEDS IT.

I'm a HUGE fan of Cartoon Network's show "Steven Universe" created by Rebecca Sugar. Anyone else?

I'd love to talk about the show with other fans on here!

Favorite episode? Theories? Favorite gem/character? How much merchandise do you own? Ships? Reviews? Excited for new episodes to come? Need a shoulder to cry on?

POST IT ALL! BELIEVE IN STEVEN! 

img-3562959-2-tumblr_n5lp7bU24e1qe77h4o2

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 29

I'm going to post some stuff on here as well, because I just love it so much.

I'm following every tumblr blog possible, related to SU. Now, the "Behind the Scenes" blog is personally my favorite one.

Where they post the amazing unfinished animations.

My OTP is Larsadie!

And my favorite episodes are "Island Adventure", "Giant Woman" and "Lion 3: Straight to the video".

Anyone excited for the

tumblr_nkvgvtRBWz1qhbhnno1_500.jpg

BRAND NEW EPISODES, EVERYDAY, ALL WEEK! <33

• Brohoof 6

Still marathoning the show like I said before but my favorite character is Garnet and my second favorite is Pearl (OTP is them together). The show is absolutely fantastic from what I've seen with gorgeous animation to match. I don't have a favorite episode yet but I'm sure I'll find one eventually.  :squee:

• Brohoof 3

I really like this show. Perhaps not one of the funniest of the Cartoon Network shows, but it's definitely one of the most interesting and can be taken more seriously than some of the other titles. It could use a bit more playtime. They seem to play it the least out of all the shows. Sometimes I feel Cartoon Network is pretty much just "the Teen Titans GO channel"

Garnet would probably be my favorite Gem

As for a favorite episode, I'm not sure the name of it, but the one where Steven takes the Gems to the arcade and Garnet gets stuck on the rhythm game: Meat beat. 

• Brohoof 4

I love this show so much (Thinking of doing an analysis for my channel)

Great world building, amazing music (both songs and background music), and one of the best character/art direction I've ever seen (literally every character can be identified by silloute alone).

Favorite episodes: Fusion Cuisine, Lion 3: Straight to video, Steven the Sword Fighter, and now Rose's Scabbard

• Brohoof 2

Still marathoning the show like I said before but my favorite character is Garnet and my second favorite is Pearl (OTP is them together). The show is absolutely fantastic from what I've seen with gorgeous animation to match. I don't have a favorite episode yet but I'm sure I'll find one eventually.  :squee:

Garnet is my favorite gem as well! After Rose/Steven, of course!  :lol:  Oh yes, Garnet and Pearl are a great ship.

The animation is amazing, and the characters are so well developed! It's amazing how they animate the character's expressions.. It's almost so real looking that it makes my heart ache when they look sad or torn up.  :rarity:

I hope you'll enjoy the rest of the episodes! I'm happy to hear that there are more fans. This show is definitely worth every fan it gets.

I really like this show. Perhaps not one of the funniest of the Cartoon Network shows, but it's definitely one of the most interesting and can be taken more seriously than some of the other titles. It could use a bit more playtime. They seem to play it the least out of all the shows. Sometimes I feel Cartoon Network is pretty much just "the Teen Titans GO channel"

Garnet would probably be my favorite Gem

As for a favorite episode, I'm not sure the name of it, but the one where Steven takes the Gems to the arcade and Garnet gets stuck on the rhythm game: Meat beat. 

No, there are more "funny" shows on CN, but this show is definitely one of the most precious shows CN have ever aired. It could use a LOT more playtime, Cartoon Network almost only plays weird stuff nowadays. Yeah, and if you ask me, Teen Titans Go! is NOT that great of a show. The original show was so much better.

Garnet is amazing! 

I believe that episode is called "Arcade Mania". Interesting choice!

I love this show so much (Thinking of doing an analysis for my channel)

Great world building, amazing music (both songs and background music), and one of the best character/art direction I've ever seen (literally every character can be identified by silloute alone).

Favorite episodes: Fusion Cuisine, Lion 3: Straight to video, Steven the Sword Fighter, and now Rose's Scabbard

OH MY GOD, yes! I'm thinking of doing a Non-blind reaction commentary.. Review thing, for every episode. Since I've followed the show since the pilot episode came out, I've forgotten a lot from the earlier episodes. So I'm thinking of just recording myself watching them, commentating and doing a sum-up and review at the end of the video. It really means that much to me.

I'd LOVE to see if you did an analysis video on Steven Universe! I'd absolutely freak out in excitement for it. I've been waiting for analysis videos on the show, but there aren't many at all yet.

YES, I agree! It's just amazing, everything about it and with it.. It's just.. Amazing.

Those are all quite tragic episodes! I think I cried to most of your favorite episodes... XD That's an interesting choice of favorites though. I'd love to hear why they're your favorite episodes.

• Brohoof 1

I wish it were easier to find and view the episodes in sequence. I've caught a good portion of them, but it's usually scattered.

Anyhow, this is a wonderful show! The way I would describe Steven Universe is that it has heart: the world is wacky, but the characters are constructed and portrayed in such a way that any given episode grants insight into each of them, whether it's Steven and/or the Crystal Gems, or even one of the minor characters, like Lars ("Horror Club"), Connie ("Bubble Buddies"), or Greg ("Maximum Capacity"). I'm always bound get hit in the feels by the end.

Pearl is my favorite Crystal Gem. Adorkable is kind of my thing, and she's got it in spades.

tumblr_n1w2wsADfk1t5u6j6o1_500.gif

• Brohoof 10

Bubble buddies is great one and I've watched that scene with the harpoon gun far to many times. It's the comedy timing of Onion giving the thumbs up after sinking the trawler as though it was everyone's plan all along.

I am big fan of Rebecca Sugars songs as well.

• Brohoof 3

What got me was the style and how it was like the old school anime we saw

back in the 70's and early 80 and that me all nerd out!  Throw in some magic girl

warriors,  life lessons and growing up and well Steven being himself but also

in being just a normal kid,  he shows deep moments of understanding and grasp

as he goes with the Gems on their travels and learns more about himself

and also his mom a bit!  Garnet is my fav of the three if anything!

• Brohoof 3

Oh my goodness, Steven Universe is so good!  It's funny, 'cause someone (who watched Adventure Time) told me they didn't watch SU because it was too happy.  XP

I need to catch up on the past two episodes--I keep seeing spoilery stuff.  It looks SO good!  And so sad!

My favorite character is probably . . . either Garnet or Connie.  I can't choose. :)

• Brohoof 3

Those are all quite tragic episodes! I think I cried to most of your favorite episodes... XD That's an interesting choice of favorites though. I'd love to hear why they're your favorite episodes.

Fusion Cuisine had what I think is the best gag in the series. (Alexandrite pretending to be Steven's mom, even though she's 30ft tall.

Lion 3, Steven the Swordfighter, and Rose's Scabbard all highlighted the show's biggest strength: It's heart. They all combined humor with emotional ties extremely flawlessly. (On this noe, I think I could probably also mention On the Run and Maximum Capacity, if only for their climaxes)

• Brohoof 4

I'm with Tao on the 'look' of SU. It's that purple look of Hannah Barbara that grabbed me by taking me back to the cartoons I watched as a kid. I'm not saying top cat, or Hong kong phuey, or the hair bear bunch, but it instantly looked familiar?

Having the same name was also a hook, but I kind of need to keep that one under my hat a bit more, as the hotel receptionist asked my work mates names and when it got to me I said "and Steven !" Nobody but me thought that was funny after a three hour road trip :)

• Brohoof 2

Wow.  So I'd missed more episodes than I'd thought--things have gotten really serious with Peridot! I wonder if Lapis Lazuli will end up coming back to Earth . . .

It's amazing how much they can pack into a ten minute sequence. 

• Brohoof 3

Watching today's new episode...

mY POOR POOR BBY-
tumblr_nchk7meFzw1rbeyf4o3_250.gif

THEY cANT LEAVE you at the bottom of the ocean, pls noo

• Brohoof 3

Who else wants cookie cats to be mass produced? I want one so bad!!! :wub:

26c3184783b7803f5a4beae06968c43b.jpg

Watching today's new episode...

mY POOR POOR BBY-
tumblr_nchk7meFzw1rbeyf4o3_250.gif

THEY cANT LEAVE you at the bottom of the ocean, pls noo

I bet she will return. Jasper is bound to return at some point. And we have to also put into account Peridot is out there somewhere and may be able to set her free. They aren't just gonna end on the note that they're gone for good, so we will see them in the future.

• Brohoof 3

I bet she will return. Jasper is bound to return at some point. And we have to also put into account Peridot is out there somewhere and may be able to set her free. They aren't just gonna end on the note that they're gone for good, so we will see them in the future.

Oh, I didn't intend to imply 'for good', moreso I was disappointed that one so associated with some amount of freedom as Lapis is under some kind of imprisonment once again. Although it added spice to the conflict and conclusion of the almost "invasion", I would've personally had liked to see Lapis being portrayed at this point with focus on readjustment.

tumblr_nchfalDLCd1sr0k7ao7_400.gif

• Brohoof 1

Oh, I didn't intend to imply 'for good', moreso I was disappointed that one so associated with some amount of freedom as Lapis is under some kind of imprisonment once again. Although it added spice to the conflict and conclusion of the almost "invasion", I would've personally had liked to see Lapis being portrayed at this point with focus on readjustment.

tumblr_nchfalDLCd1sr0k7ao7_400.gif

Do you think they'll start an earth colony up for gems? I mean Lapis clearly can't go to the homeworld, so if she obtains freedom where would she go?

• Brohoof 1

Do you think they'll start an earth colony up for gems? I mean Lapis clearly can't go to the homeworld, so if she obtains freedom where would she go?

She can go back to the homeworld if freed from Jasper's fusion, but as you are most likely saying, she would at worst mainly be met with more issues from other high ranking gems and held captive again as bait and a tool to be used to get to Steven and the Crystal Gems. 

An earth colony? Hmm, well, I was thinking the show was leaning more on the side of having gems eventually live alongside humans in harmony. I was maybe hoping to get some character development with her as well and have her slowly but surely push aside the inprisonment in the mirror and warming up to the Crystal Gems and their way of life once she found that her home was not quite what she'd been hoping. Maybe I'm trying to oversimplify and conlude things however.

• Brohoof 1