Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Steven Universe Fanclub

darkwingmare

sig-3926889.dc0d58b81e7fdf9255590cce6cfc

Sorry....... :please:

I couldn't resist DW.............. :derp:

YOU DON'T DO THAT..!!!!!!  :okiedokielokie:  *glares down*

Oh and by the way, teasers everyone! SPOILERS AHEAD!

This piece is coming up in a future episode this week, the full theme song for Steven Universe.

Sung by the GEMS!

• Brohoof 2

I would want to think that the war had already been through when Rose met Greg. Otherwise it all wouldn't have been so peaceful, getting Steven and all that, Rose giving up her life-form right after the big war? I think that wouldn't make much sense to me.

Looking at how Pearl was dressed and how she looked like back then(the flashbacks in the song "Do it for him/her")  would tell us a lot. Pearl had longer hair than she's got now, basically as long as it was when Greg met them... Still, it's not the same clothes as she got when she met Greg. So I would say that the war was a few years before Greg came into the picture. Not thousands of years though. A hundred, at most, if even that...

I'm certain the war, or the rebellion, concluded thousands of years before Greg was even born. Everything Greg relays to Steven sound like stories Rose told him about the wars for Earth. His personal experience with serious Gem business seems to be limited to Steven's time as a Crystal Gem, but he learned enough from Rose not to be shocked when, say, the Red Eye appeared over Beach City.

(edited)

Watched a marathon yesterday and while I think it's funny and epic at times it doesn't really look all that great to me. What I've seen of Gravity Falls is way better.

How many episodes did you watch of it?? If you don't fall for it directly, maybe it's not the show for you. I personally like it more than Gravity Falls even though it's a pretty close call. That's just me though! Everyone has different opinions and maybe SU isn't a show for you.

Edited by darkwingmare

i'm loving the new steven universe character sardonyx? i forgot if it's spelled that way, but she is such an awesome character :D

i'm loving the new steven universe character sardonyx? i forgot if it's spelled that way, but she is such an awesome character :D

• Brohoof 1

This ep throw us a curve ball in plot and depth to the Jewels.   Seems fusion is a expression of love and bounding as we have seen with Garnet but with the others, it makes them feel strong.   Yet can it be also a drug in this feeling?   Pearl in this ep shows this effect in her rebuilding the Tower just to have a reason to fuse.  Which in the turn around we get  Amethyst has grown up a bit in telling Garnet the truth and the why,   I love seeing  grown as a person (jewel).  

• Brohoof 3

This episode was the cutest dear lord~ Looks like my general headcanons about both are correct. The feels, ee hee~ 

Garnet is rising up top to being my favorite of the Crystal Gems. Also, the voice acting was really impressive to me? Sapphire had such emotion, her crying was so realistic to me, gosh it really just made me want to hug her so badly- these little munchkins are killing me.

tumblr_nri0y50WTO1qigspjo10_500.gif

tumblr_nri2679VEM1rz6w0do1_500.gif

• Brohoof 3

Imma go and share some awesome SU fan work now; things like this should never be missed.

steven_universe_colored_by_bleedman-d91r

• Brohoof 8

Imma go and share some awesome SU fan work now; things like this should never be missed.

sig-3949931.steven_universe_colored_by_b

That' awesome looking, well that's gonna be my new phone wallpaper.

Also, StevenBomb 3.0 had some fantastic episodes. Sardonyx is really cool (not as cool as Opal though :P ) and it was nice to see Ruby and Sapphire again.

• Brohoof 2

"StevenBomb 3.0 is over. Rebecca Sugar has released all the feels to the public."

"All the feels she knows about."

This was probably one of the most heart-wrenching arcs in the entire series. I'm relieved Pearl and Garnet managed to reconcile, or at least began the healing process. I was beginning to fear Pearl would go full-blown death seeker and get herself needlessly hurt or even killed in a desperate attempt at redemption. There's still plenty of time for Bird Mom to lose it again, though, and now it's all but confirmed that a Pearl is one of many of the same type of Gem. I wonder if she is the last of her kind, as the others may have been destroyed during the war for Earth.

I'm hoping we get another major plot point in the next sequence of episodes, whether in the form of Malachite getting loose or the Homeworld finally turning its full attention toward Earth. I'll bet Yellow Diamond's official reveal, whenever it happens, will be a moment for shitting bricks; bonus points if she isn't even the supreme leader of the Gem Homeworld but has the power to roll on Earth without breaking a sweat.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need more Sardonyx.

Is it possible that lion is actually Rose Quartz the whole time?

It might be stupid cause Rose give up her human form to Steven so she could give her birth, but what if she somehow transferred to a lion that all her memories has been vanished.

I started watching this show about a week ago. Now I've watched it. Now I want MOOOOAAAAARRRRR!

This show is sooo good. It has the really involved, continually unfolding narrative that I sometimes wish we got more of in Friendship is Magic. The characters are all wonderful, each having a unique personality, but being just flawed enough to make mistakes and be like real people. To me, each of the three Crystal Gems represent a different kind of big sister as they relate to Steven: Amethyst seems closest to him in age and likes to tease, but is always willing to have crazy adventures with him; Garnet is the "strong but silent" sister, who doesn't say much, but you'll notice she frequently shows her affection in a physical way by ruffling his hair; and Pearl is the older sister who'll drive you crazy with her nagging at times, but really cares for you deeply.

Pearl is definitely my favorite of the Crystal Gems... she's just so messed up... and no wonder. We've seen in more recent episodes that she really had very deep feelings for Rose Quartz, who later chose Greg over her, enough to give up her physical form to produce Steven. Think about that for a moment. Every time Pearl looks at Steven, she is again reminded of what Rose was willing to give up for his sake, which includes Pearl herself. Every time, she is reminded that she was not as important to Rose as Rose was to her. By all rights, she should be harboring a deep hatred of Steven... yet she loves him anyway. She loves him not only for being part Rose, but just for being himself, and she's terrified that if she loses Steven, it'll also be like losing Rose all over again. No wonder she's so protective of him! Long story short, if you hate Pearl, prepare to have me break my foot off in your ass!  :angry:

So yeah... glad I found this thread!  :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

I AM AN ETERNAL FLAME BABY

It's strange that i haven't seen anyone talk about this... Well unless anyone has talked about it XD, not really checked.

The extended version of the theme

But it shows yellow diamond :D

Edited by Code
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I just finally caught up on the latest Stevenbomb and more feels and amazingness!! <3

((I can't do spoiler tag so SPOILERS for recent eps if you haven't seen them!))

Fiiiinally a Garnet/Pearl fusion!! Sardonyx was awesome, but aww, poor Amethyst D: it's kinda interesting how much Pearl and Amethyst both look up to Garnet and are desperate for her approval/for her to fuse with them. I really felt for Amethyst when Pearl/Garnet/Steven were all hugging - it must be hard for her that everyone loves Sardonyx while Sugilite was such a disaster :c

Peaaaaaarl no what are you doing bb D: when we saw her fixing the communications tower, I was convinced it was Peridot impersonating her (all Gems can shapeshift, right? Though only Amethyst seems to do it regularly) at first! It was a dumb thing to do for sure, but watching her so sorry and desperate to make up with Garnet was painful, and Garnet ignoring her. And Ruby and Sapphire!! Really cool to have more of them and each of their distinct personalities, which you can see in Garnet - Ruby's passion and anger and Sapphire's trying to be calm and cool, and dealing with her feelings by literally freezing them out. It was funny how Ruby was boiling and Sapphire was freezing everything - poor Steven and Greg, they just wanted a nice vacation XD

The stuff with Onion's mum (forgot her name, sorry :please:) and Amethyst being friends was really interesting too! It felt like we got to see another side to Amethyst, her being all self-deprecating and "I'm not as cool as you". And...they actually made Onion cute!! :o In a creepy way...it was sweet how he and Steven ended up bonding over the Guys/Gals again.

Peridot is such a dork :lol: I like how she started out all cool and mysterious when we first saw her and is now just like "nyah you can't catch me~!" X3 Pearl went a bit crazy trying to catch her, just attack without planning carefully - it reminded me a little bit of Lesson Zero Twilight at times :P she was just so desperate to make it up to Garnet, and their talk when the walls were closing in, my god. "I'm just a Pearl, I'm useless on my own" (which also raises interesting questions about "just a Pearl", and when Jasper called her a "defective Pearl" - I know there's theories that the Pearls, whatever they are/were, were a kind of subservient race in Gem society, dedicated to serving those above them, which would make sense with Pearl's dedication to Rose? aah, so many questions!!) , and Garnet telling her that she wasn't and just ;___; all over the place. I just love how all the Gems are pretty messed up in their own way, but they love each other and I love them all so much and I LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH *squishes them all* (...I actually kinda feel guilty about being more into SU than MLP atm, lol, is that weird? >.>;; I just never expected to get as into this show as I am, as you can probably see from my rambling X3)

Edited by Coco before Pommel
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I was watching Steven Universe again, and in this episode Maximum Capacity, I noticed this:

post-2257-0-89262900-1438931987_thumb.jpg

This totem pole has the Giant Bird from Giant Woman, and then two other characters. The top one is Rose Quartz, since it holds her Sabre, which is further proven by this alternate view of the totem pole:

post-2257-0-32367300-1438932085_thumb.jpg

That's clearly Rose's shield. And the bottom figure? Look at the nose. That's Jasper, who hasn't even been introduced at this point! Talk about an early cameo!

Did anyone else notice this? I love how they weave the story together! Steven Universe is awesome! Post more, this fan club needs some love! :)

• Brohoof 5

Let's get this Fan Club going while our favorite show is on Hiatus!

A general question to all of you: What gem do you relate to the most?

Pearl... she's just so damaged, you wanna hug her and tell her "everything is going to be okay."

• Brohoof 1

Probably Garnet and Amethyst because I'm mostly quiet and calm most of the time like Garnet but I can be a huge goofball at times like Amethyst. Edited by Big_Macincheese

Ooh, tough one! I think probably Pearl because of her anxiousness and insecurity, how she struggles to hold herself together and do the right thing for those she loves. And maybe also a little Steven, because I'm generally the one going "guyyyys, why can't we all get along?" when my friends/family are fighting, and I do try to be optimistic and nice to people and stuff :3

If we can have non-Gems though, also Connie. "I'm going to die without making a single friend" pretty much made me fall in love with her instantly...kinda similar to Fluttershy, in some ways now I think about it, but yeah I can definitely relate to being kinda shy and awkward and not feeling like you're special/interesting enough in general.

And maybe also a tiny bit of Amethyst because I am also super lazy and constantly eating XD

Garnet just hands down,  at first while the seasons carried out she was always cool and calm and leader at times but not only in learning shes a fusion made out of love and best of both her Gem parents we have gotten to see her also get shook up,   pulled from her center and fight with the other Gems which shows a depth I love to see them putting out. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

*poke*

IDK if this has been posted here yet, but thought I'd share anyway just for pure awesome:

post-29961-0-42595200-1440417532_thumb.jpg

my current desktop background! I've seen a lot of SU ponies but this is one of my favourites, all the character designs are spot on imo :wub:

I'm so happy both SU and MLP are back in September~! I miss my two favourite shows :(

Edited by Coco before Pommel
  • Brohoof 5