Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Steven Universe Fanclub

darkwingmare

I've actually been watching the show for about a month and a half now, but I didn't know this thread existed. XD

Peridot's definitely my favorite character. On account of her being my birthstone and all, and in light of recent events. :D

I can't wait to see more fusions, so many possibilities!

With how the prior fusions went, I know we will not be disappointed when the time comes for another. 

• Brohoof 1

Watched a marathon yesterday and while I think it's funny and epic at times it doesn't really look all that great to me. What I've seen of Gravity Falls is way better.

Posted this after watching the first 15/16 episodes. Was later told that this series picks up later on, watched 4 more episodes today (not in order) and it's better than my first impression but still not yet as good as the hype for me. It's a good entertaining show but still falls far behind MLP and Gravity Falls (which I knew I would love 3 episodes in) in terms of personal enjoyment, I even find Dan Vs. more entertaining. Will keep watching though, perhaps it will grow on me eventually :)

It depends on what you get out of it as well.

I like it for what it says about relationships, the layered characters, and good storytelling.

I'm not even sure I could say MLP is objectively better with a straight face. They're very different stories so it's not entirely fair to compare them, but it's just a far tighter story than MLP (partly just because of the run-times to be sure).

I also have to ask, how are you watching it? A lot of the outlets for it screw up the episode orders and have a strange habit of slapping episodes together as if they were a whole somehow.

Edited by Lagrangian
  • Brohoof 1

Posted this after watching the first 15/16 episodes. Was later told that this series picks up later on, watched 4 more episodes today (not in order) and it's better than my first impression but still not yet as good as the hype for me. It's a good entertaining show but still falls far behind MLP and Gravity Falls (which I knew I would love 3 episodes in) in terms of personal enjoyment, I even find Dan Vs. more entertaining. Will keep watching though, perhaps it will grow on me eventually :)

Stick with it, man. You really need to start getting in the backstory before it starts getting real good. I won't be giving you spoilers, though! :D And hey, maybe it just isn't your thing, and that's okay too.

• Brohoof 1

It depends on what you get out of it as well.

I like it for what it says about relationships, the layered characters, and good storytelling.

I'm not even sure I could say MLP is objectively better with a straight face. They're very different stories so it's not entirely fair to compare them, but it's just a far tighter story than MLP (partly just because of the run-times to be sure).

I also have to ask, how are you watching it? A lot of the outlets for it screw up the episode orders and have a strange habit of slapping episodes together as if they were a whole somehow.

I've seen the last 3 episodes with Peridot and the cluster. It's a story that seems to be getting better as it develops more and the last episode in particular with the robot wars was great. I can assume this story isn't complete yet, also is Peridot a villain or not?

I've seen the last 3 episodes with Peridot and the cluster. It's a story that seems to be getting better as it develops more and the last episode in particular with the robot wars was great. I can assume this story isn't complete yet, also is Peridot a villain or not?

Do yourself a favour, find a site you can watch the episodes in order. I like Kisscartoon.me, personally. You should be able to find all the episodes there.

Yikes. Yeah, you should've been watching in order. You've already gotten major spoilers that would have made more sense and had more impact if you watched in the right sequence.

• Brohoof 2

Woah, woah.

You're not even on season 1, you're in season 2. The first season is 52 episodes long so there's no way you should be seeing Peridot or mention of the cluster yet.

• Brohoof 1

Look its just a good show that has something for any one who chooses to watch. :P Peridot has grown on me now that they have also channeled her into a new way and thanks to Steven is growing slowly and changing! 

• Brohoof 1

I was watching through YouTube via DYWTBA_Brony's blind reactions, The majority have been copyrighted at this point so I skipped to the last 3 episodes. The main device I use for the internet, my IPhone has access restricted to most of the internet except for YouTube, here, and a few other sites, this is due to a personal incident. I'm not always one for watching episodes in order anyway, the first episode of MLP I saw was in the middle of season 4.

Look its just a good show that has something for any one who chooses to watch. :P Peridot has grown on me now that they have also channeled her into a new way and thanks to Steven is growing slowly and changing! 

Too Far episode.

The feels.

I haven't seen the latest ep yet, but I agree with everyone's thoughts on Back to the Barn! Amazing episode, so much backstory/worldbuilding/feels and damn I just love it when Pearl just straight up punches Peridot in the face :lol: (even though I love Peri waaay more than I ever thought I would now! But yeah, Bird Mom is forever fave <33 )

Pearl and Peridot together are hilarious, right from the exposition-y beginning: "so we need to build some kind of machine..." / "I WASN'T FINISHED TALKING!!! ...What we need is to build a machine..." and the look on Amethyst's face at that moment too X3 I love childish competitive Pearl - Peridot really seems to bring that out in her (intentionally or no) and it's great XD

BUT OMG PEARL BACKSTORY CONFIRMED :o there were already a lot of hints of course, but still - this is the first time it's actually been mentioned, and damn, just seeing how uncomfortable Pearl was when Peri was all "lol but you're a PEARL, you can't do this, you were made to stand around and look pretty!!" :c I'm pretty sure she didn't intend for Steven to find out that way...what's interesting though is that Peridot wasn't even saying it to be nasty or anything - she just genuinely doesn't understand how a gem can do/be something they weren't made for, because it's not what she's used to. Which implies that tech-y stuff was/is what Peridots are made for...? Also, when Peridot was like "who do you belong to?" and Pearl was like "no one!!" made me wonder whether she was actually made for/supposed to serve Rose, or maybe another gem entirely, and she defected?? I NEED TO KNOW EVERYTHINGGGG

That must be a record time for robot building clear.png awesome designs for both though and the various challenges were fun enough - especially the drawing Amethyst one, the purple splodge reminds me very much of my own "art"  :lol:  clear.png but that final battle though! Definitely up there with the best SU moments ever, IMO - it was both awesome and emotional, and to see Pearl standing up for herself when we know she's insecure about being "just a Pearl" anyway was amazing: "I may be a Pearl, but I can still KICK YOUR BUTT" - and when Steven was like "she trained herself to fight and she tries so hard every day to be better than she is", just, ahhhh. There might have been some womanly tears at that point clear.png:please:

The commentary was also priceless:

Steven: Giant robots aren't supposed to fight!
Amethyst: FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

and of course

Amethyst: KICK HER IN THE BUTT!!

The bit when Peribot was smashing Pearlbot into the ground reminded me a lot of the Hulk/Loki scene in The Avengers...It was lovely how Steven, Garnet and Amethyst all rallied around Pearl in the end (and Amethyst inviting Pearl wrestling with her, omg XD) while Peridot was just like "but I won!! WORSHIP ME!!!" - and then Garnet just went "welcome to Earth" :P  I feel like it may be time for somegem to start learning about the magic of friendship~ clear.png

• Brohoof 2

I don't believe in steven anymore

Ummm, what? Can you elaborate?

So is the show going through a hiatus? Cause I noticed it's not airing next week

That does seem to be the case. Apparently a lot of CN shows go on hiatus at the start of Fall/Winter.

From what I've dug up we won't see a new episode until 2016.

Yeah, looks like a hiatus is imminent. The next episode slated (but without an air date) is "Super Watermelon Island" -- a likely breather episode before the Cluster arc reaches its climax. My guess is we'll probably get news of air dates sometime in January.

Looking forward, if the episode title "Hit the Diamond" is any indication, Yellow Diamond will finally make her glorious debut in some shape or form, either before or during the Cluster crisis is resolved. I will be so fucking amped!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

This last episode seem to be the last one we get until after New Years, which is really sad but also relieving for me since I'm going to Australia for half a year. I thought I'd have to miss so much until I got back, but now I hopefully won't miss as much!

I'm really looking forward to "The New Lars" episode, that title seems really interesting to me since well... I'm a total Lars and Sadie nerd. I'm really hoping for something there.

Oh and Peridot has really grown on the fandom, right? All the former Peridot fans dreams came true, Peridot seems to have SORT OF become friends with Steven and he has sort of... Reformed her in a way. She's slowly warming up to them, anyway. I love how they manage to keep Peridot's character even when she's stayed with the Crystal Gems for a while. That clearly means Peridot has a strong character, being stubborn and not giving in to Steven's kindness all at once, but she keeps being a little suspicious and alert about what's going on. Peridot is starting to remind me a bit of Lars too, to be honest. Being a jerk to the Crystal Gems because that's the only thing she have known, but is still trying to fit in, be accepted and liked by others. I hope that we will get to see Peridot actually being loyal to the Crystal Gems in the end, that she will become "friends" with them.. I don't want to see betrayal from her when it comes to the actual cause and perhaps the new war between the Home World and The Earth is going down. STAY PUT, PERIDOT. I believe in you.  :pinkie:  For now...  >_>

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 3

Ummm, what? Can you elaborate?

That does seem to be the case. Apparently a lot of CN shows go on hiatus at the start of Fall/Winter.

From what I've dug up we won't see a new episode until 2016.

aww that's a shame but hopefully it won't be too long of a wait and it will start airing in January