Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Steven Universe Fanclub

darkwingmare

(edited)

Who else wants cookie cats to be mass produced? I want one so bad!!! :wub:

img-3571340-1-26c3184783b7803f5a4beae069

I really, really want one too! IT looks SOOOO good and I bet it would be the BEST refreshment on a hot summer day! 

Also, Cookie Cat is really "cool"! Heh.. Get the pun? <3

tumblr_mwxti3jGsV1rcmzqeo3_400.gif

LOVE your icon by the way, Steven and Lion! <3333

Jailbreak was an AMAZING episode. So amazing, that it will jump right up to my favorite episode. Garnet is my queen. Second favorite is still Island Adventure, Larsadie will forever be my one OTP.

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 2

Steventhyst OTP, bruh. Fave ship?

Steven x Lion OTP

nah jk I couldn't live without steven and connie together, plus there's the theory that Lion is Rose because she gave up her physical form but they never state whether or not she's dead.

• Brohoof 4

Steven x Lion OTP

nah jk I couldn't live without steven and connie together, plus there's the theory that Lion is Rose because she gave up her physical form but they never state whether or not she's dead.

OH GOD...DOES THAT MEAN STEVEN X LION IS INCEST?!?

• Brohoof 1

After catching up on the last twenty-something episodes, I've changed my opinion. Garnet is bestpone.

JjnYSPe.png

• Brohoof 5

oh. my. GOD.

This music is so PERFECT. :wub:

I finished watching the season (I think) and I am just blown away!  Considering how the simple the first episodes were, I mean, just.  Wow. :blink:

So yeah: from here on out, this post is SPOILERS AHOY!

It's going to be so hard waiting for the next season!  I need more Garnet singing, plus Ruby and Sapphire.  I love them so much!

It's interesting--did anybody else catch what Jasper said, something about a half-formed Pearl?  I wonder if Gems aren't as unique as we thought.  The Kindergarten did seem like a mass-production arrangement.  Maybe it produced hundreds of Amethysts, meant to act as shock troopers on Earth.  Pearl, Sapphire, and Ruby seem more specialized, but judging by Jasper's attitude, not unusual.  Then perhaps you have "better" Gems, like Jasper or Rose Quartz (or "Yellow Diamond"), who are rare or even unique, and serve as commanders.

All extrapolated from a couple off-hand comments and a cryptic location/history, so grab that grain of salt.  Still, what do you guys think?

• Brohoof 2

Still, what do you guys think?

Well, my prediction for the next season is peridot is going to reactivate the kindergarten. She did escape the ship and is somewhere on Earth, and they do have their technology at the kindergarten. Then maybe she'll free Jasper. There are also the items left behind Rose inside Lion that haven't been used yet:

tumblr_ngqs3eBpX31smn4pqo9_1280.jpg

The Tape, the Sword, and the Flag have all been used, and the shirt probably has no meaning besides to show how much Rose cares about Greg, but that leaves behind what I assume is a Gem bubbled and the treasure chest. Whatever is bubbled though we can assume is good, knowing that these are Rose's prized possessions. What could it be though?

Oh did anyone else get huge Frieza vibes from Jasper? That arc in DBZ was the only arc I ever watched of the show and I feel like Jasper may have been based off of Frieza.

• Brohoof 2

Well, my prediction for the next season is peridot is going to reactivate the kindergarten. She did escape the ship and is somewhere on Earth, and they do have their technology at the kindergarten. Then maybe she'll free Jasper. There are also the items left behind Rose inside Lion that haven't been used yet:

tumblr_ngqs3eBpX31smn4pqo9_1280.jpg

The Tape, the Sword, and the Flag have all been used, and the shirt probably has no meaning besides to show how much Rose cares about Greg, but that leaves behind what I assume is a Gem bubbled and the treasure chest. Whatever is bubbled though we can assume is good, knowing that these are Rose's prized possessions. What could it be though?

If Peridot reactivates the Kindergarten, it sounds like the whole planet's in for a world of hurt!  :/

I'm still not sure what to think about Lion.  None of the Gems seem to know what to make of him, and if he existed prior to Rose's creating Steven, then she kept him a secret somehow (which seems difficult, given Lion's cat-like disposition).  I wonder if he's somehow a Gem, like the other monsters (maybe that's what the gem inside of him is?  His gem?).  It definitely seems like Rose created or otherwise enlisted Lion in watching over Steven after she was gone.  (I don't buy that he's somehow Rose Quarz, though I suppose I can't completely discount it.  If he was Rose, then I don't see how she'd be able to resist comforting Pearl and Amethyst, who are so obviously hurting, given what we know of Rose.)

• Brohoof 1

If Peridot reactivates the Kindergarten, it sounds like the whole planet's in for a world of hurt!  :/

I'm still not sure what to think about Lion.  None of the Gems seem to know what to make of him, and if he existed prior to Rose's creating Steven, then she kept him a secret somehow (which seems difficult, given Lion's cat-like disposition).  I wonder if he's somehow a Gem, like the other monsters (maybe that's what the gem inside of him is?  His gem?).  It definitely seems like Rose created or otherwise enlisted Lion in watching over Steven after she was gone.  (I don't buy that he's somehow Rose Quartz, though I suppose I can't completely discount it.  If he was Rose, then I don't see how she'd be able to resist comforting Pearl and Amethyst, who are so obviously hurting, given what we know of Rose.)

Lion has to be a Gem, or at least a former one. Remember the episode he was introduced? He was trying to stop that gem from creating the sand fortress on his own or from hurting others, hence the reason why he followed Steven home and tried to retrieve it.

My theory about the lion theory is when she gave up her physical form and became a lion instead she may have lost her memories or her reason. Maybe she forgot the love she had for the world since Steven has it now. She does remember locations such as the armory though.

• Brohoof 2

Lion has to be a Gem, or at least a former one. Remember the episode he was introduced? He was trying to stop that gem from creating the sand fortress on his own or from hurting others, hence the reason why he followed Steven home and tried to retrieve it.

My theory about the lion theory is when she gave up her physical form and became a lion instead she may have lost her memories or her reason. Maybe she forgot the love she had for the world since Steven has it now. She does remember locations such as the armory though.

Hmmm maybe?  It's a weird set of powers though.  The Gems were definitely weirded out by the idea of going into another being to reach a pocket dimension, never mind one you can't actually breathe in (it could be that Gems don't need oxygen, except that all of their rooms were breathable even though Steven wasn't supposed to be in them, as was the spaceship though Peridot and Jasper seemed completely unfamiliar with human, beyond thinking of them as pests). 

Amnesia does make the Lion = Rose Quartz idea a lot more plausible, but I think we're still missing a lot of data.  Like how Gems get made to begin with, and whether it's possible that Rose found a way to duplicate hers.  Gems appear to be responsible for everything that makes up a Gem, from personality to ability to form.  Maybe Rose is in the process of building a new Rose Quartz Gem somehow?  Except right now it's half-formed, so her abilities are limited or whatnot. 

Idk.  Hopefully we'll find out in the next season!

• Brohoof 1

Wait wat? o-o I just looked up the air date for it and saw that season 2 isn't over yet. That wasn't the finale- just a two part special. Yesterday episode 50 aired called "Full Disclosure."

Wait a second- in episode 50 Lion just took off right before Greg Arrived after he heard the van coming. Have they ever actually interacted before? I can't remember.

Edited by Ryzu
  • Brohoof 1

WOO! Steven Universe club! I was looking for this. :D

My favorite gem is Lapis Lazuli. I do have a soft spot for water based characters.

Have you guys noticed that the machines in the kindergarten look a lot like viruses? With all the holes in the cliffs. gem culture must treat planets like cells.

Edited by IvoryDreamer
  • Brohoof 4

Wait wat? o-o I just looked up the air date for it and saw that season 2 isn't over yet. That wasn't the finale- just a two part special. Yesterday episode 50 aired called "Full Disclosure."

Wait a second- in episode 50 Lion just took off right before Greg Arrived after he heard the van coming. Have they ever actually interacted before? I can't remember.

I think that you guys are really coming onto something here, I too, believe in the theory about Rose being Lion in some way. They really do have something involved with each other at least, thinking about, first of all: How pink Lion is. XD Not a very strong point, Rose Quartz isn't the only pink gem out  there, but he's SOOO pink. Second, of course, that he's got Rose's own dimension in him?? And I believe only Steven can see it, too. Must be some kind of connection there, that he's got Rose's gem, or genes or whatever it might be.. Considering the other gems and Connie couldn't get in there. Third, Lion knew exactly how to found all the secrets locations, ESPECIALLY important, the Armory. Lion helps Steven out in every way a Lion can. He's probably either Rose without her real gem(which must be pretty harsh to live without for a gem btw), or Rose's soul or something.. Or just some animal she've blessed with her dimension and color and ... Care for Steven. Also, that that little pink whale in Rose's room also is Rose, or Lion in another form. I'm not sure! There are many theories, and I love them all. I really want to believe that it is Rose, either way.

Garnet is the best gem.

tumblr_n16798AtIR1qkt447o1_500.jpg

WOO! Steven Universe club! I was looking for this. :D

My favorite gem is Lapis Lazuli. I do have a soft spot for water based characters.

Have you guys noticed that the machines in the kindergarten look a lot like viruses? With all the holes in the cliffs. gem culture must treat planets like cells.

Happy to hear that! <33 I couldn't help it but to make one, the MLP forums really needed one. To be honest, I didn't think I'd get so much response! I didn't think it were that many SU fans on here, but ya'll proved me wrong. That makes me extremely happy! I LOVE this show with all my.. Love!

Lapis is absolutely gorgeous, I agree! <33 I especially admire how beautiful her design is and how pure and strong she is for doing what she did in the most recent episodes. I feel so sorry for her, she was more of a victim than ever in these last ones..  -_-  It's a shame, when she was so happy to leave to her planet last time we saw her.

Garnet is DEFINITELY OTP. Gaaahhh, they're amazing! <333 First Cartoon "gay" kiss that wasn't joked away, too. <3 BABIES. I love them much more together though, as Garnet. Then they're complete and perfect.

YES, I noticed that! It's so much to take a note of in the series. So much deeper things that is still to be discovered.

However, I sure hope that people can start making more analysis videos about these things sometime soon! It would be so awesome.

• Brohoof 3

Oh yeah, I guess we still have a few more episodes from season 1 left after all!  I just kind of assumed they'd finished because it felt like a finale.  We've still got two more episodes from this season.  I don't know when Season 2 is set to start, though their Wiki says 2015 . . . maybe right away?  I could live with that.  :)

Garnet is Best Gem and OTP.  :wub:

Does anybody have Gemsonas they've been working on?  Just curious. :)

• Brohoof 3

Does anybody have Gemsonas they've been working on?  Just curious.
I don't have any at the moment, and I can't draw for the life of me. I'll just choose a gemstone that I would like to be made of, and that stone is Topaz.

About the whole Lion being Rose thing. Sure it is possible, but I think it is more likely that he is... OH! I just made this connection. Lion is a familiar! Remember Connie's books? Steven asking what a familiar is? That is the perfect subtle way to hint at something. :D

If it is true of course.

What gems would you like to see next? Personally I would like to see Yellow Diamond.

• Brohoof 3

I don't have any at the moment, and I can't draw for the life of me. I'll just choose a gemstone that I would like to be made of, and that stone is Topaz.

About the whole Lion being Rose thing. Sure it is possible, but I think it is more likely that he is... OH! I just made this connection. Lion is a familiar! Remember Connie's books? Steven asking what a familiar is? That is the perfect subtle way to hint at something. :D

If it is true of course.

What gems would you like to see next? Personally I would like to see Yellow Diamond.

I like the idea, but it doesn't really do much more than give it a name.  A "familiar" in the traditional sense is a witch's companion, usually an animal, sometimes described as a demon in disguise.  So, unless the definition Connie gives is something more interesting . . . but it sounded as though she was describing the His Dark Materials series.  They had "daemons", manifestations of their soul. 

If it is a hint, then maybe Lion is a manifestation of another aspect of the Rose Quartz Gem?

Why Topaz, btw?  If you don't mind me asking.

• Brohoof 1

I like the idea, but it doesn't really do much more than give it a name.  A "familiar" in the traditional sense is a witch's companion, usually an animal, sometimes described as a demon in disguise.  So, unless the definition Connie gives is something more interesting . . . but it sounded as though she was describing the His Dark Materials series.  They had "daemons", manifestations of their soul. 

If it is a hint, then maybe Lion is a manifestation of another aspect of the Rose Quartz Gem?

Yeah it doesn't do much, it was just a cool potential connection I thought of. 

Why Topaz, btw?  If you don't mind me asking.

Topaz just caught my eye. I think it is a good looking gem that somehow fits with me. I also really like the name.

• Brohoof 2

Second, of course, that he's got Rose's own dimension in him??

This is direct evidence I believe. Remember how Pearl never knew about Lion? I'm pretty sure it'd be nearly impossible to keep Lion a secret with the way he acts.

Does anybody have Gemsonas they've been working on? Just curious. :)

Omg we should all make Gemsonas- although I have no idea what Gem I'd be. Maybe Ametrine or Larimar.

• Brohoof 2