Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Steven Universe Fanclub

darkwingmare

GUYS!! NEW PROMO! Coming May 12th!

Time to get HYPED again! <333

SPOILERS AHEAD, for those who haven't caught up to the show yet! vvv

I really shouldn't of watched that video XD. Now I'm super hyped and annoyed i have to wait :(

What is this!!!? :o I keep thinking it's Garnets hand but I doubt it.

sig-4489717.kZbvX9t.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I personally am a little scared by the trailer... scared but excited.

So am I! I'm very scared, to be honest. Where did the cute little show go?  :lie: Why do they have to make the precious little Steven look so sad? He's obviously needs to be protected like the innocent angel he is!

Ey, they DID promise a Lars episode some time ago before they started changing the episode list's titles!!! WHERE IS MY LARS EPISODE?!?!?!? "The New Lars" was like, the best title among all of them, I was so excited! Seems like it didn't even happen.  :diamondtiara: If Lars doesn't have a cool episode soon, I'll go nuts.

• Brohoof 3

Ey, they DID promise a Lars episode some time ago before they started changing the episode list's titles!!! WHERE IS MY LARS EPISODE?!?!?!? "The New Lars" was like, the best title among all of them, I was so excited! Seems like it didn't even happen.  :diamondtiara: If Lars doesn't have a cool episode soon, I'll go nuts.

I've been feeling similarly. While not specifically Lars, I've been feeling like I really miss the humans. It seems like such a long time since we've gotten to know any of them better. I'm sure that Lars ep is coming somewhere down the line, though, because getting to know the humans is what makes it so impactful if something happens to Beach City. We know and care about the residents there, beyond just our gems.

And don't get me wrong, I LOVE the gems, and do want to learn more about them! And what's going on now is good in its own way, because not only are the gems great characters, but we're all itching for answers to so many questions. So it is nice to delve into that. Still though, I'm a little homesick for Beach City and its citizens.

We can at least take solace in the fact that, assuming the leaked episode titles are correct, it seems like we'll get some more focus on the human characters before "Last One Out of Beach City". In addition to the Lars episode, there's one titled "Kiki's Pizza Delivery Service" and another titled "Drop Beat Dad" that is speculated to be about Marty. Take that with a grain of salt though, as those episode titles may not be confirmed for all we know.

• Brohoof 3

I've been feeling similarly. While not specifically Lars, I've been feeling like I really miss the humans. It seems like such a long time since we've gotten to know any of them better. I'm sure that Lars ep is coming somewhere down the line, though, because getting to know the humans is what makes it so impactful if something happens to Beach City. We know and care about the residents there, beyond just our gems.

And don't get me wrong, I LOVE the gems, and do want to learn more about them! And what's going on now is good in its own way, because not only are the gems great characters, but we're all itching for answers to so many questions. So it is nice to delve into that. Still though, I'm a little homesick for Beach City and its citizens.

We can at least take solace in the fact that, assuming the leaked episode titles are correct, it seems like we'll get some more focus on the human characters before "Last One Out of Beach City". In addition to the Lars episode, there's one titled "Kiki's Pizza Delivery Service" and another titled "Drop Beat Dad" that is speculated to be about Marty. Take that with a grain of salt though, as those episode titles may not be confirmed for all we know.

Lars?

Harold Smiley needs some lovin'. He hasn't had an episode revolving around him yet. :c

Maybe something about him asking for help from Steven with his R&B/acting career (Jamie appearance? :o) and in exchange he'll lift all of Steven's bans?

I'd love something like that! :D

Lars?

Harold Smiley needs some lovin'. He hasn't had an episode revolving around him yet. :c

Maybe something about him asking for help from Steven with his R&B/acting career (Jamie appearance? :o) and in exchange he'll lift all of Steven's bans?

I'd love something like that! :D

Yeah Lars. I know he's a jerk, but I still want to know more about him. And honestly, I like him a lot as a character, because it helps add to the realism of the SU world to have someone who isn't that nice. I agree Mr. Smiley is overdue for love, though.

This image makes me think Mr. Smiley could be Lars' father. It would make a lot of sense, especially since they share such a connection to the Big Donut. We haven't seen any redheaded ladies, so I can see them going the divorced route with Lars' parents, which would explain Lars' behavior somewhat.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Yeah Lars. I know he's a jerk, but I still want to know more about him. And honestly, I like him a lot as a character, because it helps add to the realism of the SU world to have someone who isn't that nice. I agree Mr. Smiley is overdue for love, though.

This image makes me think Mr. Smiley could be Lars' father. It would make a lot of sense, especially since they share such a connection to the Big Donut. We haven't seen any redheaded ladies, so I can see them going the divorced route with Lars' parents, which would explain Lars' behavior somewhat.

Yaay, someone else that finally understands what I see in his character. I really do hope to see some character development in Lars, because there is so much potential for it. I did a whole post about why a few months ago and I still stand my ground for that. Lars is a douche, but he probably has his reasons to why. I'd especially love to see more about his family and as to why he's so scared of what other people might think of him. I'd love a background story. Both Sadie, Ronaldo, the "cool" kids and Steven and more could be the key to developing Lars character and it would be such an interesting input in the whole Beach City scenario. I'd love to see that! Believe it or not but in my opinion, Lars is already starting to develop as it is, I'd just love to see even more in the same direction.

OH MY, I've never thought of that before! I've seen that picture several times without having the slightest thought about it, how interesting. In that case... Since Mr. Smiley is so outgoing and shameless as a character, Lars might be ashamed of his father and knows that people might be snickering and gossiping about him somewhat... And is therefore so very scared of going down the same route as his father.

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 3

Hi there! New here. I watched SU from start to end this week, and I got so crazy over it that I watched season 1 (''a'' and ''b'') in a single day. It's one of my favorite shows of all time now, along with MLP... and I might like it a little bit more than MLP, in fact. Every character in this show gets developed, all of them feel very real and human, and it's just such a feel good cartoon it's crazy. Just watching the extended intro made me tear up. By the way, Peridot is best gem.

tumblr_nvd2guVzKg1rz6w0do1_500.gif

• Brohoof 5

Thank goodness that someone created a fanclub for Steven Universe! :D

Ever since I watched Steven Universe and more episodes of Peridot, she quickly became a favorite character as well as the show giving me characters that I can appreciate then love. :)

giphy.gif

• Brohoof 4

Love Like You thoughtdump:

I think "Love Like You" is Rose's thought process behind why she decided to have Steven. I mean there are some hints, like "half of what you think of me" and how Rose says she's going to become "half of" Steven. Perhaps Rose didn't feel capable of feeling or expressing love, but since Greg was obviously very capable of loving, Rose decided that creating a combination of herself and Greg would allow for the best possible person to be created. Perhaps Rose has some darkness in her past and doesn't think too highly of herself, and because she loved Greg, she wanted to do right by him.

Wow, Super Watermelon Island and Gem Drill were AMAZING! What a great way to start off season 3!

And I don't think this is the last we'll see of Jasper. I doubt her gem would have shattered from her fall, especially since it seems like the surfaces she'd be falling on wouldn't be that hard. It wouldn't surprise me if she poofed, though. I feel like she'll make a return at some point, I don't think the writers would just throw her character out like that. And I recall Matt Burnett saying she's a "complex character", which seems to imply we'll see more of her.

• Brohoof 4

Wow, Super Watermelon Island and Gem Drill were AMAZING! What a great way to start off season 3!

And I don't think this is the last we'll see of Jasper. I doubt her gem would have shattered from her fall, especially since it seems like the surfaces she'd be falling on wouldn't be that hard. It wouldn't surprise me if she poofed, though. I feel like she'll make a return at some point, I don't think the writers would just throw her character out like that. And I recall Matt Burnett saying she's a "complex character", which seems to imply we'll see more of her.

For sure.... Jasper has that "ill never die and I will make your life hell for trying" kinda vibe to her..... Cant wait and see whats next!!

• Brohoof 1

Those 2 episodes were off da chain!

The Watermelons return! Malachite returns! Lapis Lazuli returns! Alexandrite returns! I loved the fight between the fusions, it was so cool to see how they could use the weapons of any of their combinations. And the watermelons fighting were fantastic too. I love how the married couple hug, and then, the wife goes out to fight while the husband looks after the new baby. Brilliant! It also reintroduces Steven's dream walking ability, which is a great instance of continuity.

Leading into the next ep, the Cluster begins to hatch, and Steven manages to get them to bubble themselves. Reminds me of Fullmetal Alchemist, where Hoenheim manages to talk to the few billion individual souls into helping him. Add in some extra true facts about the peridotite... Steven and Peridot's interactions, and she admits she's accepted the fact that she's a Crystal Gem for the first time... the feels were just too much. This is why I love Steven Universe!

• Brohoof 4

Just in case y'all missed it/haven't seen it yet, Crewniverse released an official preview of the next episode, Same Old World!

Lapis is so happy

Life is well

So pretty! I already can't wait for the episode!

• Brohoof 1

Just in case y'all missed it/haven't seen it yet, Crewniverse released an official preview of the next episode, Same Old World!

Lapis is so happy

Life is well

Please be careful of spoilers! I don't like to watch previews!

• Brohoof 1

I loved the new episodes! Although I hope they'll revisit the Cluster soon. It felt kinda weird just leaving it on that note. Oh, and the watermelon Stevens were really cute.

I was also watching some episodes with my little bro earlier. It makes me happy that he actually likes the show :3

I feel like they may not revisit the Cluster for a good while. I feel like, from a storytelling perspective, the Cluster was bubbled so that we have a temporary solution to the problem and can move onto other things for the time being. But I don't think it's the last we'll see of it.

(edited)

@,

Oh! So sorry, I just got overexcited from the preview and forgot to spoiler it ^^" I'll make sure to do it next time, sorry again!

Although I hope they'll revisit the Cluster soon. It felt kinda weird just leaving it on that note.

Honestly, I do as well - it felt odd having them worry about it for a whole season only to have it be solved like that.

Then again, it was literally the most Steven moment of the entire show - only starchild could find a way to befriend a giant rock monster and make it save itself ahah

Edited by MiniKirby123
  • Brohoof 5