Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Steven Universe Fanclub

darkwingmare

(edited)

Oh yeah, I guess we still have a few more episodes from season 1 left after all!  I just kind of assumed they'd finished because it felt like a finale.  We've still got two more episodes from this season.  I don't know when Season 2 is set to start, though their Wiki says 2015 . . . maybe right away?  I could live with that.  :)

Does anybody have Gemsonas they've been working on?  Just curious. :)

Yeah, it would seem that way! As of now, I don't see any pauses coming in between the seasons.. These people just keep them rolling, and I love it that way! 84 more episodes to come, and I've got high expectations on what to come! I especially hope for more character developments, background story reveals and more Lars and Sadie! I know there's so much going on with the Crystal Gems already, but I'd LOVE to see Lars and Sadie do more interactions with Steven's gem business. Just me?? They did so well the last times they were involved just the tiniest bit. Just me??? I'm fangirling a lot over Lars and Sadie's characters though, so... No wonder here.

YES! It's Gemsona week after all, so I've made some Gem OC's, even though my tablet have been acting weird lately, I somehow managed to pull it off.

10835317_942454169144179_371122833268529

11073394_942454285810834_660427835587112

The character base sheet is in Swedish, but if anyone would be interested in what it says, just tell me and I'll translate it for you. It's just about their personality traits, where they have their gems, what they dislike, etc.

I'm working on the design of ME as a gem, too... It's not going anywhere right now, really... I'm just so excited to make myself a gem, and then make my partner a gem... And fuse us together. That'd be so awesome.

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 4

Oh my gosh! I didn't know there was a fan base here. I love love love this show. My favorite gem is Garnet, but I love absolutely every single character on this show. Lapis Lazuli makes me cry.

• Brohoof 2

Rebecca Sugar vs Lauren Faust

Who will win?

Probably have to go with Lauren on this because so far she's had a much more prominent impact in the world of cartoons, that said I have high hopes that we'll be seeing a lot more of Rebecca doing her own stuff in years to come.

Probably have to go with Lauren on this because so far she's had a much more prominent impact in the world of cartoons, that said I have high hopes that we'll be seeing a lot more of Rebecca doing her own stuff in years to come.

Sure, but Faust's got 13 years on Sugar.  13 years ago, Faust had only just started writing for Powerpuff Girls.  So I think it's a bit premature to say who's "won", even if it were a fight.  (And honestly, why fight when they can fuse together and take on the world!)

• Brohoof 2

Sure, but Faust's got 13 years on Sugar.  13 years ago, Faust had only just started writing for Powerpuff Girls.  So I think it's a bit premature to say who's "won", even if it were a fight.  (And honestly, why fight when they can fuse together and take on the world!)

That's kind of what I was getting at. At this point Lauren's got a pretty big headstart, however I can see Rebecca achieving similar or possibly even higher standing if given the chance.

Maybe they could do a gem fusion. :P

A crossover special where Steven visits Equestria, the land of ponies. Make it happen.

Are you sure that's a good idea? I mean look what happened when Teen Titan's Go tried that. Anyway we have enough to look forward to crossover wise with Uncle Grandpa... :eww:

• Brohoof 2

A crossover special where Steven visits Equestria, the land of ponies. Make it happen.

Lol, I meant they could develop a series together, but that would be interesting . . . maybe they could have the Gems cameo as background ponies or something.  A whole episode would just be pandering tho.  X/

Anyway, they're on completely different networks so . . .

Of course, that needn't stop the fanfic writers.  XP

• Brohoof 2

That's kind of what I was getting at. At this point Lauren's got a pretty big headstart, however I can see Rebecca achieving similar or possibly even higher standing if given the chance.

Maybe they could do a gem fusion. :P

Are you sure that's a good idea? I mean look what happened when Teen Titan's Go tried that. Anyway we have enough to look forward to crossover wise with Uncle Grandpa... :eww:

Maybe it could work since they're both good shows but they're made by different studios so yeah maybe it won't happen. We can still make fanfics right?

• Brohoof 1

We can still make fanfics right?

Just checked FimFiction, there are at least 8 people so far who agree with you.

*Edit: It looks like maybe 1 is actually worth reading.

Edited by HunterTSN
  • Brohoof 1

OHHHHH MYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOD!

So I was thinking about whether or not Rose was Lion, trying to find evidence. I thought maybe since Rose was "half of steven" as she stated only half of her was a part of him and the other half was lion. Although then I remembered someone here said something about Lion being a familiar. That has to be it! A familiars job is to carry out orders and protect it's master, so if Lion was Rose's familiar he becomes stevens after the transformation. Then every time steven was in danger, like of the sand gem, he was there to protect him. Lion doesn't express love to Steven because familiars really can't can they? So when they were playing together he just ignored steven. Everything is so clear now. :o

• Brohoof 3

I'm just starting to watch, on Episode 5 and it's already a great show. I'm sure it only gets better. :)

Oh how right you are. Welcome to the... Kindergarten?

Edited by IvoryDreamer
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'm just starting to watch, on Episode 5 and it's already a great show. I'm sure it only gets better. :)

Welcome to Steven's Universe! It will only get better, believe me! You have much awesomeness and sadness ahead of you. Embrace yourself.  :lol:  Hope to see you on here soon again.

I've seen some episodes of this show. It's a good show but I haven't been keeping up with it too much. I liked that episode with the cookie cats.

And to you, too! Welcome to Steven's Universe! We're the Crystal Gems, and we'll be your host! XD

No but really, that's great! The first episode is brilliant indeed! Who doesn't want to taste that superduperyummy Cookie Cat?!

OHHHHH MYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOD!

So I was thinking about whether or not Rose was Lion, trying to find evidence. I thought maybe since Rose was "half of steven" as she stated only half of her was a part of him and the other half was lion. Although then I remembered someone here said something about Lion being a familiar. That has to be it! A familiars job is to carry out orders and protect it's master, so if Lion was Rose's familiar he becomes stevens after the transformation. Then every time steven was in danger, like of the sand gem, he was there to protect him. Lion doesn't express love to Steven because familiars really can't can they? So when they were playing together he just ignored steven. Everything is so clear now. :o

YES! I thought about that too, and I just... Yes, that's probably, definitely how it is. But then, I suppose that gems like Pearl and Jasper who haven't had to give up their physical form, don't have one?  :huh:  Cause then we'd probably be introduced to their familiars already? When Rose had to give her gem to Steven, she felt like she had to place the other half of her somewhere else, to be able to have something watch over Steven when she's not able to be there for him? I can imagine that she would trust the gems and Greg to take care of him, but that she would want something of her own to watch over and take care of him as well, revealing what's left after her to Steven in due time.. Something to keep her things safe in until Steven was ready to receive it and get to know everything about her and her past.

I just thought about this, too... I'm changing topic, to let you know. Can gems give birth without a human involved?

Since Rebecca clearly have told us that gems are an alien species, they are genderless but they always go by the pronoun "she/her".. Could it be that gems sexual interactions would be fusing, and that's it? Or can they actually have sexual interactions and give birth, like Rose did? Rose obviously had to give her own life up to make Steven... So is that how it would work, then? And if both of the parents were gems, would they both have to give up their forms, or just the pregnant gem??

I'm just curious. Any thoughts on this, fellow Crystal gems?  :fiery:

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 2

Welcome to Steven's Universe! It will only get better, believe me!

YES! I thought about that too, and I just... Yes, that's probably, definitely how it is. But then, I suppose that gems like Pearl and Jasper who haven't had to give up their physical form, don't have one?  :huh:  Cause then we'd probably be introduced to their familiars already? When Rose had to give her gem to Steven, she felt like she had to place the other half of her somewhere else, to be able to have something watch over Steven when she's not able to be there for him? I can imagine that she would trust the gems and Greg to take care of him, but that she would want something of her own to watch over and take care of him as well, revealing what's left after her to Steven in due time.. Something to keep her things safe in until Steven was ready to receive it and get to know everything about her and her past.

I just thought about this, too... I'm changing topic, to let you know. Can gems give birth without a human involved?

Since Rebecca clearly have told us that gems are an alien species, they are genderless but they always go by the pronoun "she/her".. Could it be that gems sexual interactions would be fusing, and that's it? Or can they actually have sexual interactions and give birth, like Rose did? Rose obviously had to give her own life up to make Steven... So is that how it would work, then? And if both of the parents were gems, would they both have to give up their forms, or just the pregnant gem??

I'm just curious. Any thoughts on this, fellow Crystal gems?  :fiery:

Well gems are born from gemstones as shown in the show with the kindergarden- and because they mass produced them there are tons of crazy ones like that centipeedle. But there are actually species irl with only females- although they do reproduce asexually and are basically clones.