Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do You Keep Your Figures in the Box or Open Them For Display?

Twisted Cyclone 🚓

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I insist on keeping my full size Funko in their respectable boxes. The mystery minis however, I had to be opened them to figure what i bought. On some of my merch, I just like the packaging art and as a added plus I can organize it better when their unopened.

Hmmm, I might take them out of the box?

....and I might take them out and pose them for photos due to a photography hobby I might have....?

hmm, that's an interesting way to upload photos....wonder why they went upside down..

post-39209-0-70478700-1472004645_thumb.jpg

post-39209-0-37107300-1472004683_thumb.jpg

post-39209-0-33982000-1472004775_thumb.jpg

post-39209-0-88953200-1472004824_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ruthborn
  • Brohoof 2

I apologize if this has already been a topic (I didn't see a topic like this but there's a chance I might have missed it).

I just started to buy Funko figures. I currently have 1 which is a Rainbow Dash figure. I was wondering. Do you keep your Funko figures (or any MLP toy for that matter) in the box or do you open them for display?

I was honestly thinking about keeping it in the box but now I'm not sure.

I keep em out of the box because I like to hold em

• 3 weeks later...

I have 7 MLP figures at this point and have taken them out of the boxes. I didn't buy them for anything but decoration but I have kept the boxes from the bigger ones. I just bought a house and will probably just have one or two out in my office at a time and rotate which ones are out every now and then. Even though I only have 7, I wouldn't want them all out at once.

post-24370-0-15344100-1474598770_thumb.jpg

I don't exactly need my office looking like one of Fluttershy's picnics with her animal friends. ^_^

Edited by Cirrus.

• 3 weeks later...

I open mine, my s/o only opens some of his and it kills me inside when I look at them lol. I enjoy playing with them sometimes and it just makes it so much easier to display them if you don't have a lot of space. Granted if I got one of the expensive or rare ones I would more than likely not regardless of how much of an urge to open it.

I would keep my figures (When I get them) open for display because the only people coming into my room would be my mom, my dad if he wants to take me somewhere, my trusted and non-judging friends, and maintenance, with the maintenance I would keep them in a box, though.

I actually keep my Funko vinyl figurines in the boxes as I've not opened even one of them yet. I'd rather not damage them, especially considering that they are probably not sold in Hot Topic stores anymore anywhere in the country and the only other place I could replace them would be through Amazon and eBay.

I keep my GoH Fan Series Celestia in a box because I think the box itself is pretty well designed. ^^'

(I might take her out when I get a NMM figure because I want to arrange them in a little combat scene :) )

i dont keep the funko figures boxed at all. i keep the boxes, but the ponies are out on display. the only thing I have boxed still is my offical Shadowbolts Dashie. i dont like keeping things in boxes, im not that hardcore of a collector. 

• 5 years later...

I keep them in boxes, if those boxes have transparent portions where you can see the figure obviously (so blind bag figures are without their bags). The reason for this is to have less dust on the figure, but mainly it is to protect the figure from damage if it falls from the self.