Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is FiMFiction down for anyone else?

nurd

Hey ya'll, if you're on twitter, go to this jackhats profile and report him.  When Twitter asks you what for, select the options that lead to reporting for targeted harassment of a third party.  Let's see the Twitter banhammer get thrown at these clowns.  They want a fight?  Ohhhhhhhh, they'll get a fight!

https://twitter.com/keksec_org

Twitter's rather reluctant on laying users, even the obviously hacker ones, a perma-ban. Even if this one is obviously a DDoS attacker, I fear Twitter may have gone soft on laying the banhammer on different users. And even if they manage, they'll soon be persuaded to let them go.

As for the fics being taken down... I'm not too worried about that. I saved them on Google Docs so I can still re-upload them.

Twitter's rather reluctant on laying users, even the obviously hacker ones, a perma-ban. Even if this one is obviously a DDoS attacker, I fear Twitter may have gone soft on laying the banhammer on different users. And even if they manage, they'll soon be persuaded to let them go.

As for the fics being taken down... I'm not too worried about that. I saved them on Google Docs so I can still re-upload them.

Oh I'm not even worried about losing my fic's chapters, it's just a DDoS attack, all that means (as I understand it) is that the bandwidth is overloaded, it shouldn't effect the integrity of the site's records itself.

• Brohoof 1

Oh I'm not even worried about losing my fic's chapters, it's just a DDoS attack, all that means (as I understand it) is that the bandwidth is overloaded, it shouldn't effect the integrity of the site's records itself.

Indeed. And I'm too tired of even becoming worried (long day, of course). As for Twitter? They need to do better at suspending hacker-related Twitter users.

• Brohoof 1

I hope this child realizes that he has given the admins of FimFiction possibly hours of work to restore the site and set up a counter-measure against whatever five dollar piece of software he used.

I actually just joined this forum because of this attack. I got online this morning in an attempt to update my story and found the site down. I only heard about the attack through a comment back at EQD on an unrelated post, which referred me to the news post at HN.

My two cents at this point is in the face of an attack like this, we need to be careful not to return hate for hate. Like feeding fuel to the fire, each side is just going to elicit more problems for the other. If they want to call "war" out on something that has no real merit, let them. For the moment, this is an isolated incident that hopefully won't have any major repercussions. But I feel as if the MLP community doesn't need to take it sitting down either; hate movements like this need to be advertised and made clear across the community, internal and abroad. Thankfully, the world at large does not feed on the hatred of small groups like these. "Hate groups" are labeled as such for a reason; there's no place for hatred in the lives of the healthy. Their actions, as others, will not go unnoticed.

I'm just hoping "we" (meaning anyone who openly identifies themselves as a fan, brony, etc.) doesn't give ourselves a bad name in the process by trying to retaliate.

Welcome to the Forum! :D

And yes, I agree. Hopefully, this clown will see that what he did (while annoying) is temporarily inconveniencing at most. I give it a week before FiM is back up, with an undamaged database.

• Brohoof 1

And yes, I agree. Hopefully, this clown will see that what he did (while annoying) is temporarily inconveniencing at most. I give it a week before FiM is back up, with an undamaged database.

A week? I would have thought a day or so.

• Brohoof 1

FiMFiction is down? Well, fuck.

Guess I'll actually have to do something productive with my time...

In all honesty, this happens so often now that it's quite sad.

Also, to the "hacker" behind this, Way to go taking down a small website run by only a few people which has done nothing wrong.

Shouldn't you dickbags be focusing your energy on taking down sites like the Westboro Baptist Church or the NSA's website?

• Brohoof 1

I don't have anything productive to do. I have no life. :'( I wish I wasn't creative. People who aren't creative actually have lives. They aren't writing stories, making art, or doing lame things that I do. They are doing real productive stuff. I shouldn't even bother with life anymore. I will never get rid of my creativity. :(

• Brohoof 1

That's rather unfortunate. Clowns will be clowns, I guess.

Thankfully, for my own part, I have my fic backed up several times over. I sympathize with those who are stuck and can't access their stuff.

Oh that just wonderfull! i have some story that i havent continued on yet on FIMfiction! i swear if all  story gone that im gonna have a Angry Rage!!

serisouly!? cant they do something else than ruined other people life!? cant they leave us alone!? my god if they hated brony then leave us alone in peace not make it worst!

Look ma, I took down a minor fanfiction website, claimed it high and loud to everyone and  now I'm on the news! It's just that I will have 4chan, the bronies and the entire internet hating me and wanting to kill me and maybe some police going after me for a DDoS attack, but it was worth it! I GOT MY FRIGGIN 15 MINUTES OF FAME INSTEAD OF DOING LIKE EVERYONE AND GETTING THEIR 2 YEARS OF FAME111!!111!!!

Seriously, now some people over 4chan are actually getting together. Even if it's only 4 people, it's so beautiful seeing 4chan unite together.

Look ma, I took down a minor fanfiction website, claimed it high and loud to everyone and  now I'm on the news! It's just that I will have 4chan, the bronies and the entire internet hating me and wanting to kill me and maybe some police going after me for a DDoS attack, but it was worth it! I GOT MY FRIGGIN 15 MINUTES OF FAME INSTEAD OF DOING LIKE EVERYONE AND GETTING THEIR 2 YEARS OF FAME111!!111!!!

Seriously, now some people over 4chan are actually getting together. Even if it's only 4 people, it's so beautiful seeing 4chan unite together.

I hope the admins behind FiMFiction get this bastard's IP and send it to the Police (maybe even the FBI)

Yes FIMFiction is down for me as well... I'm actually surprised EQD Hasn't reported on this

I was afraid this was the result of a DDoS attack... seems my fears have been confirmed

*sigh* fucking script kitties   

I hope the admins behind FiMFiction get this bastard's IP and send it to the Police (maybe even the FBI)

If he really used LOIC, his IP can be obtained easily. But we don't even need that, as he stupidly went to boast about it.

My gosh brony haters you know it's 2015 we've been around for years you think people would learn to deal with it, I thought hating on MLP ended in 2012 -2013 it's been over 4 years freaken deal with it you baby,

My gosh brony haters you know it's 2015 we've been around for years you think people would learn to deal with it, I thought hating on MLP ended in 2012 -2013 it's been over 4 years freaken deal with it you baby,

From what I've seen, overall hate for the Fandom has sort of died down (or gone underground, who knows?)

However, every now and then, we get a dunce who goes and decides to take down a website because they think that we're "degenerate sub-human rats."

What makes this particular douche even more stupid is the fact that, after taking down the site, they went to Twitter and openly boasted about how they "Took down a Brony website!"

I hope the FBI breaks down this kid's door and locks 'em up in Cuba.

• Brohoof 1

Look ma, I took down a minor fanfiction website, claimed it high and loud to everyone and now I'm on the news! It's just that I will have 4chan, the bronies and the entire internet hating me and wanting to kill me and maybe some police going after me for a DDoS attack, but it was worth it! I GOT MY FRIGGIN 15 MINUTES OF FAME INSTEAD OF DOING LIKE EVERYONE AND GETTING THEIR 2 YEARS OF FAME111!!111!!!

I checked /mlp/'s catalog and it seems they are complaining about the DDoS also