Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Inspiring Quotes

Mesme Rize

Easy thread. Write a quote from a person, that you feel very strong about. Person can be famous, fictional, or your family, dosen't matter.

I start with mine.

"I grew up with an alcoholic father. He never beat me, he never raised a hand against my mother or anything like that, but I'd seen enough stupid and ridiculous things between that, my mother and her prescription pills, and just hanging out with an older crowd when I was a kid, that I didn't understand a lot of the fun to what partying was, so I just never did it. I didn't understand waking up next to somebody you don't remember going to bed with; I didn't understand getting, you know, blackout drunk and not remembering the good times you have with your buddies; and I feel so strongly about it that I've just always been this way—it just made sense."

-Phil Brooks, AKA CM Punk

CM-Punk-cm-punk-28911386-389-464.png

EDIT: The reason i pick this, is because i was also never the biggest party guy. I drink a bit of alcohol, but not that i get a blackout and remember nothing. You should cherish the moments you spend with your friends.

Edited by Hypnosparkle
  • Brohoof 8

Let us decide on the route that we wish to take to pass our life, and attempt to sow that route with flowers. --- Emilie du Chatelet

This led me onto the road of Mathematics and gave me the courage i needed to continue that route. :)

• Brohoof 2

"I find the great things in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving" -Oliver Wendell Holmes

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway" -Walter Elias Disney 

Edited by JonasDarkmane
  • Brohoof 4

"If you look for the light, you can often find it.  But if you look for the dark that is all you will ever see" -Uncle Iroh, (Legend Of Korra A New Spiritual Age)

This quote from one of my favorite animated shows of all time showcases a type of philosophy and world view that is very relevant to today's society and something that I definitely 100% agree with.

If you are willing to give anything or anyone the benefit of doubt and compassion, chances are that you will find something to like about the new experience or person.  But if you like many people today don't and only look to seek out the negatives of life then you will leech on and target everything wrong with a person, show, movie, or society and humanity in general, chances are that you will continue to have a terrible time and be unable to enjoy yourself and others.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 3

"True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.- Reid from Criminal Minds

• Brohoof 1

"Music is silence, which in dreaming begins to sound." -Max Picard

"I hope you see things that startle you.  I hope you feel things you never felt before.  I hope you live a life you're proud of.  If you find that you're not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again." -Eric Roth

"Having more time on our hands doesn't mean we'll take a different road, find all the answers and change into the person we always hoped we could be. Our longing to have more time is completely natural but all we really have is now." - Marc Byrd

“Talent is a pursued interest.  In other words, anything that you’re willing to practice, you can do.” -Bob Ross

:)

• Brohoof 2

"I propose to fight it out on this line if it takes all summer"

- General Ulysses S. Grant to President Abraham Lincoln in a telegram from Spotsylvania Court House to Washington DC on May 11, 1864.

"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don’t settle." - Steve Jobs

• Brohoof 2

From Captain America in Amazing Spider-man #537

Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — 
"No, you move."

• Brohoof 1

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi

I don't agree with everything he stood for, but I do respect him and his willingness to die for something he believed in. I've liked this quote ever since I heard it. :)

SIMON THE DIGGER
TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN

• If you're gonna dig, dig to pierce the heavens, even if it's my grave I'm digging, I'll keep going! When I break through, it means I've WON! Who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm not my Bro, Kamina. I'm ME! Simon the Digger! (Episode 11)
  • Our dead friends...the sorrow of the spiral race...we'll take in all their regrets. We'll take it and turn it into power! (Episode 25)
  • Never afraid of what the future holds, never regretful of the present. That's who we are! The Dai-Gurren Brigade! (Episode 26)
  • Don't underestimate us. We don't care about time, or space or... multi-dimensional whatevers! We don't give a damn about that. Force your way down a path YOU choose to take, and do it all yourself! That's the way Team Dai-Gurren rolls! (Episode 27)
  • The tomorrow we're trying to reach is...not a tomorrow you've decided on! We... by ourselves... choose our tomorrow from the infinite universes! We will fight through it... we will fight through it and protect the universe! We'll show you we can do it! (Episode 27)
  • We evolve, beyond the person that we were a minute before. Little by little, we advance with each turn. That's how a drill works! (Episode 27)
  • That's your limitation! You sit here closed off, blocking away other lifeforms like some sort of king! That's nobody's limitation but your own! (Episode 27)
  • MARK MY WORDS...! This drill, will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will be a path for those behind us. The dreams of those who have fallen! The hopes of those who will follow! Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow! And THAT'S Tengen Toppa! That's Gurren-Lagann! My drill is the drill, that creates the HEAVENS! (English Dubbed Version) (Episode 27)
  • Even so, I will...! I will believe! I will believe in the me that believes in us, humans and the future! This drill is... my SOUL! (Lagann-hen movie)
  • Believe in us humans. (Lagann-hen movie)

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness is always there first.- Terry Pratchett

"Sometimes life is like this dark tunnel, you can’t always see the light at the end of the tunnel, but if you just keep moving, you will come to a better place" - General Iroh

If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?
(Code Geass)

To become a monster like me, is to admit you were too weak to remain a human.
Alucard (Hellsing)

The world’s not perfect, but it’s there for us trying the best it can. That’s what makes it so damn beautiful.
Roy Mustang (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Why must you insist on defining joy so narrowly? Where is the paradox in finding suffering and tragedy but other forms of pleasure? There is no one fixed type of joy. Your confusion derives from your failure to understand that.
Gilgamesh (Fate/Zero)

There’s no such thing as a painless lesson. They just don’t exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can’t gain anything without losing something first although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you’ll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal.
Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood)

I want to see the splendor of people’s souls. I want to check and see if it really is precious. However, when humans base their lives around Sybil’s Oracle, without ever consulting their own wills, do they really hold any value? Shogo Makishima (Psycho-Pass)

You can play any character and yet in the end, you yourself are nobody. Your core personality is null. It’s empty. That’s how you could wear any mask all over your smooth, featureless face and have it fit perfectly. Shogo Makishima (Psycho-Pass)

and my own personal qoute: Justice is blind, there will always be evil there will always be good we are just blind to see them the way they are...

• Brohoof 2

Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don’t desire, but they’re inevitable, we have to face them. It’s what being human is all about.

Jet Black (Cowboy Bebop)

There are only two paths you can choose. You can sit quietly and be selected out of this world, or you can adapt and change!

Gai Tsutsugami (Guilty Crown)

If you’re not remembered, then you never existed.

Iwakura Lain (Serial Experiments Lain)

• Brohoof 1

Trisha Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood <3

"We will change, because we can change. I know it. We may be weak, but we just have to be. If not, then we wouldn't have any reason to grow, to get strong. I know that it may seem futile to you, but it's not, because we are getting stronger with every step we take. You see? I'm sure we can change. Because we're weak, and because we die. We have to fight in order to live, and that's what will make us strong!"

• Brohoof 1

Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don’t desire, but they’re inevitable, we have to face them. It’s what being human is all about.

Jet Black (Cowboy Bebop)

There are only two paths you can choose. You can sit quietly and be selected out of this world, or you can adapt and change!

Gai Tsutsugami (Guilty Crown)

If you’re not remembered, then you never existed.

Iwakura Lain (Serial Experiments Lain)

dat Guilty crown quote, i love Guilty Crown

Got another one, Its not inspiring, but I like it

"The power of one man doesn't amount to much, but, however little strength I'm capable of... I'll do everything humanly possible to protect the people I love, and in turn they'll protect the people they love'.

"It seems like the least we tiny humans can do for each other".

-Roy Mustang

• Brohoof 1