Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Inspiring Quotes

Mesme Rize

Once of my favorites comes from a dream sequence in Baldur's Gate. The quote pertains to the situation in which the protagonist finds himself, but I've found it generally applicable to the tempestuousness of life:

"From within the deluge you can see it does not move as one, but is filled with currents, eddies, and undertows. Pockets of calm afford breathing space, whilst violent whirlpools threaten to rend limb from limb. Ultimately it seems undirected, and lacks a driving will, a quality you have in abundance. You may be caught within, but sufficient determination can shape what you need to survive. There are still options open: still choices to be made.

As the tide presses forward, you steer as you wish, atop a ship called Persistence and under sails made of resolve."

This comes to mind whenever I find myself stretched almost to my breaking point or unsure of my ability to cope with something.

"Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black" -Henry Ford

Find it quite inspiring as it led to the industrialization of painting cars different colors other than the original black that every car was made back in the day.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

“You know that we’re all superstars, we’re the ones who made it this far”

-Pauline, Mario odyssey

good quote, I take it as you’ve made it this far in life, that makes you a superstar 

“When the world says ‘Give up,’ hope whispers ‘Try it one more time.’”

-Unknown

”When I was 5 years old, my mother told me the key to life was happiness. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “Happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment. I told them they didn’t understand life.”

-John Lennon

”If you’re going through Hell, keep going.”

-Winston Churchill

• Brohoof 1

What do you do with the mad that you feel
When you feel so mad you could bite?
When the whole wide world seems oh, so wrong...
And nothing you do seems very right?

What do you do? Do you punch a bag?
Do you pound some clay or some dough?
Do you round up friends for a game of tag?
Or see how fast you go?

It's great to be able to stop
When you've planned a thing that's wrong,
And be able to do something else instead
And think this song:

I can stop when I want to
Can stop when I wish
I can stop, stop, stop any time.
And what a good feeling to feel like this
And know that the feeling is really mine.
Know that there's something deep inside
That helps us become what we can.
For a girl can be someday a woman
And a boy can be someday a man.

-- Fred M. Rogers

Mister Rogers' Neighborhood

Edited by Ragland Tiger

• 2 months later...

In many ways, Paradigm City is merely an ostentacious reflection of our own world. What Schwarzwald says about fear, knowledge and thinking still very much apply to our own worlds. Our world survives off fear and without it we are helpless creatures. More than ever, we need to learn to think for ourselves and learn, instead of trapping ourselves on a false world of a stage.

Edited by Cwanky