Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Final Fantasy Thread

PonyFunk

Wow! Is there really no topic thread for Final Fantasy at all? There must be! Well, anyway...

What are some of your favorite things about any of the FF games?

Edited by PonyFunk

There isnt a final fantasy thread!? blasphemy!

Uh my favorite things about most final fantasy games is the music because damn that series produces some fine music!

Ill leave it at that because i could go on for hours about FF XD

• Brohoof 1

The opening song for 10 is one my fav due to how different it is from the other songs

of the game and also its rocky!

Final Fantasy IV, VI, and VII are my favorite FF games.  Though I'd played RPGs or games with RPG elements before, FFVI was the game that really got me interested in the RPG genre.  The music, the cast of characters, the story, the Opera House, transport-by-Chocobo, a psychotic, power-hungry clown with a somewhat sinister but catchy as all get-out theme. xD  I'm also fond of the Crystal Chronicles titles and would like to see a revival for that off-shoot series.

Unpopular opinion: VIII's my favorite in the main series  :comeatus:

Tactics is my favorite FF game though

But I tend to enjoy almost every game out there, and the soundtracks are godly

• Brohoof 1

But I tend to enjoy almost every game out there, and the soundtracks are godly

I felt compelled to come back to post a couple of tracks from FFIV and FFVI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5sf3CZWKvA&feature=player_detailpage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsncqH61jFc&feature=player_detailpage

Unpopular opinion: VIII's my favorite in the main series

I take it you aren't accustomed to hearing nice things about FFVIII. x )  But I will say that I enjoyed VIII's soundtrack quite a bit.  The Man with the Machine Gun, Mods de Chocobo, and Fisherman's Horizon were a few great tunes that come to mind.

• Brohoof 1

I take it you aren't accustomed to hearing nice things about FFVIII. x )  But I will say that I enjoyed VIII's soundtrack quite a bit.  The Man with the Machine Gun, Mods de Chocobo, and Fisherman's Horizon were a few great tunes that come to mind.

Can't forget the Boss themes either, both are among my favorites in the entire series

• Brohoof 2

Unpopular opinion: My favorite Final Fantasy game in the main Series is Final Fantasy XIII.

Why? I just like that game, sue me. xD I know it's one of the new ones but the story is pretty awesome, graphics are awesome, and I actually LIKED the fighting system. Not to mention the music rocks.

For second favorite very close to top I would say X, One of the newer ones but I love the story and music for that as well.

I need to play some of the old ones... I have never played any below X soo.... I own VII but I didn't seem to like it when I played it for a bit... But meh.

I like FF music, I like rhythm games...  It's no wonder I enjoyed Theatrhythm.

Still haven't decided whether or not to pick up Curtain Call.

The music is great, I listen to many of the soundtracks, Well from X and above so far.. Have you listened to songs from the newer ones? (You and anyone else)

And that game you mentioned, I never had it, I could play it or something, but meh. Probably no interest in it.

The music is great, I listen to many of the soundtracks, Well from X and above so far.. Have you listened to songs from the newer ones? (You and anyone else)

My experience with the series and music goes in the opposite direction: I'm more familiar with IX and prior. xD

I'm one of the final fantasy players around here if that's who you're looking for. I play Final Fantasy XI the most based on the activities I do and helping out my friends and linkshell members. My All-Time Favorite Music would be the chocobo theme since that music got stuck in my head. I still remember raising my own chocobo in Final Fantasy XI, but it's tricky though. The other music I listen to on Final Fantasy XI was the battle music, but mostly the abyssea and battle in the dungeon #3 musics and as well as ronfaure, Bustle of the Capital, and bastok music as well.

I also happen to play Final Fantasy 1-13, The 4 heroes of light, Crystal Chronicles, Tactics, Tactics advanced, Dissidia 012, and Thearhythm. I haven't played Final Fantasy 12 yet. There was a reason why I played Final Fantasy 13 was that playing as lightning in Dissidia 012 made me play final fantasy 13.

My Favorite final Fantasy Characters would be

From Final Fantasy 4 - Cecil, Rydia, Ceodore (the after years), Kain, Palom, Porom, and Rosa. Based on my best party setup

From Final Fantasy 6 - Terra, Celes, Strago, and Mog

From Final Fantasy XI - Shantotto, and Prishe

From Final Fantasy XIII - Lightning (the one and only)

My experience with the series and music goes in the opposite direction: I'm more familiar with IX and prior. xD

You should really play some of the newer ones, it's just the newer generation of gaming. X is a lot like the older ones in terms of turn-based battle. (even on the HD remaster) And I think all games have their pros and cons.

• Brohoof 1

Man, I'm torn between VI and IX, with IV not too far behind as my favourites. I haven't played a new Final Fantasy game since X, but I still keep an eye on the series. There's just so much in those three games I could play from start to finish without getting bored.

I guess this is the thread where people throw out unpopular opinions. :lol:

Here's mine:

The FF series only gets better with time, with a few minor hiccups. I like the more recent games far more than the earlier ones.

How about another?

Nobuo Uematsu is overrated shit. His music is uninteresting and the only game he did a good job in was FFIX.

My favorites:

Crystal Chronicles

FFIX

Dirge of Cerberus

FFXII

I'm definitely looking forward to FFXV. It's almost the sole reason I'm going to be getting a PS4.

I almost thought the tech demo, Agni's Philosophy, was gonna be the next FF game but alas no such thing will happen probably. It looked amazing.

• 1 month later...
(edited)

My favorite FF games would be 6, 7 and 8.

6 had the first female main character, 7 pretty much topped all FF's charts and 8 was really good as well.

My most memorable would be 7. Getting the Omnislash technique was my favorite part of it. I tried to get all my stats up to 255 by turning enemies into skill points (vaguely remember what they're called). The only most effective skill would be luck so you hit 9,999 every time.

Edited by Quetzalcoatl

Wow, Quite a few final fantasy players around here. My Most played Final Fantasy Game was Final Fantasy XI, a MMORPG, pay 2 play game. If you guys are playing final fantasy XI, my Character's name is Chiririn in Asura Server although I'm not playing the game right now although I play as Summoner, White, Black, and Red Mages, Dragoon, and Samurai Jobs, but mostly it's Summoner and Samurai. My favorite Music In Final Fantasy XI was bustling of the capital, Bastok, Windurst, Ronfaure, and by the whole Final Fantasy Series, Chocobo theme (except Final Fantasy XIII-2 which i haven't played)

I still have my Final Fantasy X in my PSCX and I hope I can pick it up again (so I can get the ultimate weapon upgrade for Tidus that is bullsht hard to get)

I also like FF XIII and XIII-2, despite its poor reviews. Breathtaking visuals and strangely fun gameplay. Also, in my DS emulator, I managed to play FF4. But, probably the earliest game I've played is FFIX (I miss Steiner T_T)

Waiting for more info about Dissidia FF 3

I've been pretty addicted to FFXII lately. Almost at the end of the game at 45 hours but I guarantee you it won't be beaten in less than fifteen more. I have a lot of hunts to do yet and there's also the journey to Giruvegan, the Pharos and getting all the espers.

I also like FF XIII and XIII-2, despite its poor reviews. Breathtaking visuals and strangely fun gameplay.

These are next on my list of replays. It's been years and I never beat XIII-2. I want to get Lightning Returns so I can finally finish the series but I can't do that without beating XIII-2 first.

Waiting for more info about Dissidia FF 3

I didn't play Duodecim, unfortunately, but I may not have to with the new one coming. I'll have to see more on it though. The first one was fun but it got tiresome by the end. The final boss wasn't worth beating with how broken he was.

I've always been a huge fan of Final Fantasy IX (at the moment it's my personal fave).

It's the first game that i've played on PSX and i takes a special place in my heart <3

Always loved the story and the characters.

I've enjoyed FFIII and FFX too!

At the moment i've just started the VI too and i can't wait to get more into the game and the story.

• Brohoof 1

I listen to the music from these games all the time, it seriously has some of the best music in gaming by far. I particularly love Final Fantasy 9's soundtrack and overall that is one of my favorite FF games along with 7. I loved the materia system in 7.

This is a video I put together to show a particular homage that Final Fantasy 9 had, just one of many that is payed tot he older games. Towards the end of the video is where it really shows.

Anybody playing FF: Record Keeper? I've recently been playing with Lvl. 44 Cloud, Lvl. 27 Locke, Lvl. 41 Celes, Lvl. 44 Rydia, and Lvl. 44 Aerith.

• 2 weeks later...

bump for potential FF7 PS4 remake news.

https://games.yahoo.com/news/ps4-hd-final-fantasy-7-152300116.html

This game shaped most of my high school life, back in 2000. I skipped my high school prom to play this game, and it wasn't even my first playthrough. I would love to see the current generation of teens get to play this game. If this is real, Square is basically printing their own money. This is the kinda thing I would buy a PS4 for.

Still having my reservations, especially with that troll back at PSX. But if it does happen....

Happy_Anna_001.gif

3142849_o.gif

eb0Gdql.gif

• Brohoof 1