Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming I STILL PLAY AOE2 OLD VERSION! (see why, in few words).

Lemon Slices

You read the title. So you ask yourself "WTF this guy is saying?"

So, I'll explain my situation and show you why, between AOE2 The Conquerors is better than AOE2 HD:

First: LAN play

>Age of Empires 2 HD Edition does not have LAN TCP/IP play option. Like "I am playing with my friends and we don't have internet, but we can make a LAN. Oops, sorry, we can't, because this game doesn't allow it", that happened with my brother and my father.

>Age of Empires 2 HD Edition does not have anything, anything new. I was used to play AOE 2 Age of Kings, and when I played The Conquerors, I said, "Wow, now I can garrison units in battering rams", "Wow, there's more civilizations", "Wow, new campaigns", etc. But I saw some videos in internet and... "What?! There's the same civilizations, researches, and stuff... is this the AoE2HD?"

>Age of Empires 2 HD Edition is very expensive, and is not worthy if you already have the original game. 20 dollars. If you already have the original game, you can download a few mods to change quality and resolution. I mean, Aoe2HD is, in fact, more expensive and, as I mentioned before, less features.

I can only see some good points:

1)You can play on Steam (only on Steam)

2)Works good on all PCs, full resolution, AoE2 TC the graphics are a bit bad, but it's easy to fix

3)Have I already said this game can be played in Steam?

Edited by Lemon Slices

The subject of this topic has little potential to spark discussion between many members and, as such, would be better suited to a status update or a blog. When creating a thread, please remember that the goal is to start a conversation with room for many people to chime in and give their own viewpoints on, and that sharing events of an anecdotal nature would be better done elsewhere.