Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When did you first get your driver’s license?

Poetic Stone

18.  I put it off for as long as I could.  I hate driving.  I'm a good driver, but I avoid it at all costs.  Let me be clear--piloting a motor vehicle is fun, but navigating the world of road rage, lights, traffic, impatient, inconsiderate, stupid drivers, and stupid pedestrians is a nightmare.

• Brohoof 4

When i was 16 1/2 and i own 2 cars only 17 now but since I'm in an auto body trade school instead of highschool i just work on my cars in autobody all day.

None of the cars are worth more that $500 buying price when i got them since both were in major accidents. They drive normally and one the frame in good condition its just the doors were bent to nothing and the B pillar snapped off and had to be weld on and properly fitted which is a 2001 ford explorer. My other car is a 79 Mustang that somebody wrapped around a tree bent the engine bay and totaled the car and broke the windshield. The mustang had blood on the interior. When i got it and they never told me if the owner was ok since i bought it from the scrap yard all i know was it had major frontal damage and there was a custom steering wheel with no airbag. Both had no frame damage but since the mustang has a bent engine bay its getting to long to fix. Since its a school to work on cars the tools are free and since its my labor i do not pay anybody to fix my own car. I just spent about 5 weeks so far on the engine bay and getting the surrounding area into normal shape. The ford is my only derivable car since its just issues with the side of the car. Its like driving in a jeep with no doors ATM. My mustang you can't drive since it can't hold its engine properly.

• Brohoof 2

I didn't... I took Driver's Ed back when I was 16, and got my permit, but that was ten years ago, now. I apparently didn't do so well on the actual driving portion of the class, and became nervous to try it again. By the time the pressure to drive came back I could not because of disability.

So there you have it... Thankfully I have a general ID now so I can vote and stuff. (Despite what the majority party in my state would like.)

• Brohoof 3

Got my license when I was 16, which was more than 10 years ago now. Time flies. Excited as I was to get it and for as much as I enjoy the freedom I have to get around on my own, there are times where I simply wish somebody else would drive me around places and I didn't have to worry about driving myself. :P

• Brohoof 2

I was 16 1/2 (geez, has it been really been so long?)

I still remember how nervous i was when i took the driving test.

I also remember how i almost fell asleep during the theoretical lessons( 4-5 hours of sitting there, listening to someone about random car parts, or how to be a safe driver and all that.I understand that it is important, but my god is it exhausting)

• Brohoof 1

I got my permit about a week after I turned 15 (I failed the first time), and I got my license the day I turned 16. I had waited long enough to drive, and I wasn't going to wait a day longer.

• Brohoof 1

I was 20, scared to death of driving and it took me 3 tries to pass the driving part LOL

You did better than me! Took four tries and my first test I didn't even make it out of the parking lot.

At least in my state if you fail the driving test three times you have to take the written again. Dunno how it works elsewhere.

• Brohoof 1

You did better than me! Took four tries and my first test I didn't even make it out of the parking lot.

At least in my state if you fail the driving test three times you have to take the written again. Dunno how it works elsewhere.

I think in my state you have to wait 6 weeks or something to retake it if you fail it 3 times, part of me failing was the cop that administered the test, he made me nervous, that and he was not really clear on what he wanted me to do, like when I was parallel parking he told me to enter the cones then parallel park and return to the start, which I did, I pulled forward and parallel parked then returned to the cones, so I got points deducted because he never told me I had to not only return to the start but in one motion without stopping go past the start and out of the cones. I lost points because he was not clear, then the green light turned yellow as I was turning and he failed me,

• Brohoof 1

I was probably one of the last to get it in my class (at least, before graduating, excluding those who got it afterwards). I received my license March 2012.

• Brohoof 1

I got mine as soon as I was eligible (16 and 3 months). Instead of getting up at 5am to catch the bus every morning for school, I could get up at 6 and drive myself to school.

• Brohoof 1