Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When did you first get your driver’s license?

Poetic Stone

I wanted to get my license when I was sixteen. My parents made me hold off on my permit until I was seventeen, and I got my license when I was eighteen. Wrecked my first car 4 months after that.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
(edited)

Never. No plans to. I don't want to own a disaster wagon. I value my life very much

I agree with Justin earlier that it's not really about hating cars or anything like that. I just don't want to deal with the possibility of stupidity of other people. I may be the best driver in the world, but someone will come along who is either a stupid driver or stupid pedestrian. I'll either be in a disaster due to another car or a pedestrian

If I need to be in a car I'll order a ride service, taxi, car service, or have someone shuttle me. There are also busses in many places, which are technically large cars. I will never drive myself

That said, I did have plans to buy a micro car that seats 2 people. I just decided that I'd still rather not deal with the possibility of stupid people

If my eventual significant other has a car, I'll actually be pretty happy with that

Edited by Lektra Bolt

I believe I got my driver's license on October 10, 2014. I think I was around 22 years old at the time. The ironic part about that date is that it's both Naruto's birthday and the day MLP aired on TV. I guess it's sort of good luck when I got my license at that time. :squee:

I don't have a driver's license and have no intention of getting one. I can drive, and do so when I want to go somewhere beyond walking or biking distance, but I'm not going to pay money for a license or waste my time jumping through hoops to get one. If I ever require one for ID purposes i'll consider it, but I've been fine so far without it. 

• 5 months later...

I was 18. My parents were so busy at work that by the time they got home they just couldn’t take me.My grandparents couldnt take me in the afternoons. Once I graduated it was easier for them to find the time to teach me.

I got mine on my 17th birthday, and I passed the test the first time. I received my learner’s permit when I was 15, so I had gotten two years of experience under my belt.

Edited by Lucky Bolt

• 1 year later...

15. Permit at 14, as per state law, license at 15 with drivers ed.

I missed/forgot the phase out date for 13(farm kids only, with restrictions. The law was phased out due to reasons completely unrelated to it.)

Drivers ed was an...interesting waste of time for me(farm kid, when I could reach the clutch at 7, I was driving vehicles and before that I was driving farm equipment around. )My only regret was not taking the instructor down the roads to our farm as he made fun of me and my parents asking about if we could have me be in the first group, to prevent travel time/stuck in a stuck up town time(and be able to go to a cousin's wedding) as it was and still is an hour and a half at no more than 30mph, one way. Then again I don't think the car they had for the class would have had enough clearance to even go down the roads...but I wish I would have anyways. 

I'm 18 and I only just got my licence. Probably could've gotten it earlier, but I was too nervous.

Edited by Cash_In