Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request Voice Actor/Actresses needed for Minor or Semi-Major Roles. (VandOUni Post 1)

Deano

Hey, I thought I'd apply for a role.  I think the only role that could maybe be for a guy was just a random background pony, but if you need me for anything else, I'd be up for it.  Anywhere, here we go.  The audition was for something else, but I read a few lines.  Thanks!

A sign.wav

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know. I don't do well with gibberish. 

Hmm. Just try reading the whole Lorem Ipsum thing on different overleapping tracks and then mix them into one stereo file. Am I making sense yet? :lol:

Hey, I thought I'd apply for a role.  I think the only role that could maybe be for a guy was just a random background pony, but if you need me for anything else, I'd be up for it.  Anywhere, here we go.  The audition was for something else, but I read a few lines.  Thanks!

My gosh, that is amazing. Background pony? Really? No. I need you for something bigger. Let me have a think and I'll get in touch. :D

Hmm. Just try reading the whole Lorem Ipsum thing on different overleapping tracks and then mix them into one stereo file. Am I making sense yet? :lol:

My gosh, that is amazing. Background pony? Really? No. I need you for something bigger. Let me have a think and I'll get in touch. :D

Well, awesome!  Glad you were impressed!  I'm okay with anything you want me for.  I have plenty of time to record, and have a decent mic, as you probably heard.

Well, awesome!  Glad you were impressed!  I'm okay with anything you want me for.  I have plenty of time to record, and have a decent mic, as you probably heard.

How does Psych sound? Really, this is a huge commitment. This could go on with a recording a month for a year or so. Can you give me an audition of the first few lines of Psych (Open Script in Original Post) and use the GForm I mentioned a few pages back please? Thanks.

Never mind. My voice is monotonous so pretty much useless, and my mic won't work. Bloody vista.

Alright everypony, that's enough narrator auditions. I've made my desicion. The part of narrator goes to...

Dark Horse Brony!

Congratulations DHB! Your narrative stood out the most among the other auditions for your clear, well-projected voice. I am pleased to announce that you may begin your work on this project. Please await your PM filled with special scripts and things.

To everypony else who didn't get in, don't feel like you 'weren't good enough'. Everyone who posted an audition was amazing and the desicion was not an easy one. Good luck in your future endeavours. If you'd like to auditon for another part, a character called 'Shady' is coming along soon, and I already have one of you in mind for him. Be prepared! :lol:

Wow! Thank you so much. I'm flattered to have this opportunity and I'll endeavor to do my best. :D Props to everyone else who auditioned of course, I guess it can only be one in the end. :blush:

(edited)

Never mind. My voice is monotonous so pretty much useless, and my mic won't work. Bloody vista.

Aww, that's a shame. I was looking forward to hearing from you. Oh well, at least we both tried XD

Wow! Thank you so much. I'm flattered to have this opportunity and I'll endeavor to do my best. :D Props to everyone else who auditioned of course, I guess it can only be one in the end. :blush:

No problem sir, great to have you on board.

Well, I tried the first four of Psych's lines.  Based on his lines, I voiced him as a little bit goofy, but not too much.  Anyway, here it is.

Hmm. This is good, but it needs work. I'm gonna take a gamble, and straight-up cast you if you get this right, cos you got potential. Lots. Can you try that again but with a more hearty attitude. This is difficult with a mic infront of a PC, but I'd like Psych to half-shout a lot of things, and sound like a very hearty extrovert. Comparable to Flim and Flam somewhat, but not british per-say. A challenge, I know, but this could get you the role my friend.

*notification* Oh, episode 5 has downloaded, great! Time to stick it on a memory card.

Edited by Nectar Bluegrass

Aww, that's a shame. I was looking forward to hearing from you. Oh well, at least we both tried XD

No problem sir, great to have you on board.

Hmm. This is good, but it needs work. I'm gonna take a gamble, and straight-up cast you if you get this right, cos you got potential. Lots. Can you try that again but with a more hearty attitude. This is difficult with a mic infront of a PC, but I'd like Psych to half-shout a lot of things, and sound like a very hearty extrovert. Comparable to Flim and Flam somewhat, but not british per-say. A challenge, I know, but this could get you the role my friend.

*notification* Oh, episode 5 has downloaded, great! Time to stick it on a memory card.

Okay, I might try again later tonight, with people in the house and such

Okay, I might try again later tonight, with people in the house and such

That's fine. It's a hard thing to get right, but you can do it. I'm gonna watch the episode from saturday now, so I'll either be gone for 20 minutes, or until morning, I'm not sure. probably morning. Either way, I'll have re-visited this thread by tommorow. Good night! (Or day, depending on time zones and such)

All right, I got the bit recorded!  I tried to put a lot more energy into Psych, and voicing him was a lot easier now that I know a bit about his personality.

Oh, and by the way, I am in my school's advanced show choir, and I could sing something if you wanted me to.  I noticed you had a song in the beginning, and I could help out with vocals or such.  I could send you some A Capella stuff if you want.

don't be silly, filly.wav

(edited)

All right, I got the bit recorded!  I tried to put a lot more energy into Psych, and voicing him was a lot easier now that I know a bit about his personality.

Oh, and by the way, I am in my school's advanced show choir, and I could sing something if you wanted me to.  I noticed you had a song in the beginning, and I could help out with vocals or such.  I could send you some A Capella stuff if you want.

Excellent thanks. Hmm, I see that you put a lot more energy in to Psych, but it still isn't quite what I'm looking for. As far as the song goes, Psych does indeed feature in the first few bars of the song. The 'title music', if you will, is by MysteriousBronie, and can be found HERE. Here, MB attempts to act as Psych. That's the bit that I'd like you to read. The personality he portrays, however, is exactly what I need. If you can perform like that, you got it. He doesn't have to sound mildly british though, as I mentioned above. He really does have to half-shout his lines, and sound like a hearty and confident extrovert. He is loud, and engaging. The previous samples you sent me seem to portray a primary school teacher, (Don't know what that is in America) rather than someone who has had about 10 cups of coffee, which is the kind of thing that I need. See if you can have a go, as I'd still love to have you on the project. Thanks. :D

Edited by Nectar Bluegrass

I recorded a little thing. Where would you like it sent?

Hello there Frozen_star! Can ya send it to jambler3@outlook.com please? Thanks, I can't wait to hear it. :P

Okay it is not exactly a clash per say, more of an idea and I do want your input for it. You will know when I send you the thingy.

Got it. I await your e-mail. :D

Hello, once again!  I am extremely sorry about the wait, I tried to record yesterday, but I was really tired.  Mondays are ridiculously busy for me.  Anyway, I tried the lines again.  The link you posted didn't work, and I tried to find it, but I couldn't, sorry.  I recorded this again, and tried to give it an almost Pinkie Pie level of enthusiasm.  I don't know if I'm even close to being on the right track with it, but I took the "ten cups of coffee" remark to heart while recording.  Anyway, thanks for sticking with me, can't wait to hear back from you!

don't be silly, filly.wav

Hello, once again!  I am extremely sorry about the wait, I tried to record yesterday, but I was really tired.  Mondays are ridiculously busy for me.  Anyway, I tried the lines again.  The link you posted didn't work, and I tried to find it, but I couldn't, sorry.  I recorded this again, and tried to give it an almost Pinkie Pie level of enthusiasm.  I don't know if I'm even close to being on the right track with it, but I took the "ten cups of coffee" remark to heart while recording.  Anyway, thanks for sticking with me, can't wait to hear back from you!

Brilliant sir! You've pretty much got it now, so I think I'll cast you as Psych. It's going to be a pleasure working with you on this project. Now, I'll send you a series of PM's throughout the project with instructions. Good Luck! :D

Nope, sorry. Same error XD

Hello, again!  I had a bit of free time on my hands (or should I say hooves), and went ahead and recorded the script you sent me.  I'm going to email it to you, as there are too many individual files, but I made an unedited single-mp3 version, which I can post here.  The more edited, individual files I'll email.  Anyway, had a ton of fun with this, I'm really starting to love Psych!  Thanks!

Combination.wav

Hello, again!  I had a bit of free time on my hands (or should I say hooves), and went ahead and recorded the script you sent me.  I'm going to email it to you, as there are too many individual files, but I made an unedited single-mp3 version, which I can post here.  The more edited, individual files I'll email.  Anyway, had a ton of fun with this, I'm really starting to love Psych!  Thanks!

Thanks! I've added it to the spreadsheet of material! I'll be in touch when I've completed more of the Open Script.