Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you rather eat or drink for the rest of your life?

Ricebug

More of an odd one but I always wondered this, would you rather eat or drink for the rest of your life?

Eat- You can only eat food, you can no longer drink anything like water. If you try to...You can't X3, and foods that give off juice or water wouldn't count the liquid would not go into your mouth

Drink- Like up top you can't eat anything only drink things from now on. If you try to eat it won't let you and will just...resist I guess X3. 

You may juice things from food to get the liquid that counts :P And you may eat the juiced item (As long as it has no liquid)

This is stupid but I am curios X3, and I am sure one of you will find a loop hole.

Edited by Daiy
  • Brohoof 1

If you choose drink then do you ever feel hunger? If you choose eat then do you feel thirsty? Or do you not feel those urges? If I never felt thirsty then I would choose eat. I get more satisfaction from tasting food than from drinks.

On the other hand, if I never had to eat again I would probably lose weight. So that would be a better choice. There was some guy who tried to develop a drink that had all the needed nutrients, and supposedly he survived on it for 6 weeks. My problem would be that I would just get hungry.

• Brohoof 1

Oh X3 forgot to add I would rather drink than eat, I am usually a very thirsty person (No idea why) And I hate eating since basically everything I eat gives me massive bad stomach aches >~<

• Brohoof 1

Assuming I can still survive without the other? I'd choose to be able to eat. I can just freeze whatever drink I like and eat it as a solid :nom:. Loopholes :yay:!!

• Brohoof 1

Food always contains water, without it almost everything would be inedible.

So I'd rather drink for the rest of my life.

Edited by Blobulle

Meat contains water.  I'd rather eat.  There is no liquid refreshment that compares to a great meal.  And can I melt down ice cream and "eat" it?  Can I eat soup?  It's a food, not a beverage; though it contains broth.  What about chili?  Stew?  Cereal? xD  Can I only consume dry cereal the rest of my life?  Soggy cereal? :/

• Brohoof 1

I'd rather drink because it takes less time and effort. You could drink a glass of orange juice in about 30 seconds if you chug it which would give you way fore free time than sitting down for a 10-20min meal depending on if your at a restaurant.

Also just food with your example would be impossible

1.Pizza Grease is a liquid

2.Brad has moisture that's why your bread is not dry like toast hence moist meaning a liquid

3 Baking a cake requires milk and the soft cake is made of yet again moisture HENCE the terms moist cake and fluffy cake

4 99% of food give off 1% of liquid or more... And yes you can get your daily water intake from bread if you ate enough loafs I'm talking bags

5 Your diet would consist of Saltine crackers,Freeze dried eggs,dry ramen before adding the water, and dehydrated potatoes

One loop hole around the food to liquid thing are

1 Powdered Milk

2 instant coffee

3 Any flavored protein shake powder

4 Ice Tea mix

5 Dry tea leaves

They are loop holes because you can put these items in your mouth to make a drink out of your own saliva and a flavoring for a drink.

Answering in very simplistic terms, I would rather eat because there are many more foods that taste wonderful than drinks. This is if we are not talking from a survival standpoint.

One compliments the other though so...it's kinda bad no matter the choice. :P

• 1 month later...
I'd rather drink; it'd be a lot less time-consuming (I hate wasting time making and eating meals >.<), and food often doesn't really go well with me.

Drinking has more of a euphoric feeling to it than food does. Just feeling that cool, refreshing liquid traveling down your wind pipe, moistening your insides, is pleasure in its purest form.

It would be a little gross and lazy, but I would rather drink instead of eat for the rest of my life.

If anyone remembers the movie "WALL-E", the fat people in that movie only drank since they were too lazy to chew food.

Drink. You live longer with water than you do with food. Without water for a certain amount of time can kill you, where as food isn't a huge necessity, especially since we have plenty of other drinks which can basically replace food overall.

Also does a blended hamburger count as a drink? If so I think I can win :P

• 4 years later...

If the absence of one of the two is not magically taken care of (like if you choose to eat then you don't need to drink), I'll probably go with eating. I only drink water, sodas, tea and coffee; I won't really miss on much.

If not, then you'd be dead either way. So why bother with this.

• Brohoof 1