Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Bangcolt Arena! (Fighting/Sol) (OOC)

P-Jay

Forgive me for my insolence, that was unfair of me to say.

That being said, I can't for the life of me reconcile razor wings, lightning powers, and an additional sword made out of Middle-Earth mithril all existing within any realm of canon Equestria.

they prolly dont but I like to keep things interesting

Lektra against Steel wouldn't be a fair fight. She would use his metal sword and wing tips against him. I don't wanna so it.

My wings are not made of metal, I just "wear" my swords along them like a sleeve. She could disarm him fairly easily but he's still far from helpless without them.

they prolly dont but I like to keep things interesting

May I have your permission to elaborate upon that point?

You could just make it steel or iron for the sword. Mithril is kinda fantasy RPG super metal.

And the creation of Tolkien, the grandfather of modern fantasy fiction.

Ok I'm going to bed! Pey help sort 'em out. And if you can't figure it out anypony just choose your opponent ok?

dont leave me! *looks at the others* so...caliber's sword is made of mythril, too.

I'm still not sure it would be a fair fight. She would definitely disarm him, and then what?

I've seen mithril mentioned in really old pixilated RPG games. It might be older than Lord of the Rings, too.

Edited by bronislav84

I'm still not sure it would be a fair fight. She would definitely disarm him, and then what?

i have a feeling she's kinda inspired by toph? :toldya: "metalbending"

May I have your permission to elaborate upon that point?

you sir are a polite person as for elaboration here it is: a sword made out of stuff that doesn't even exist is interesting things that dont entirely make sense are interesting and I don't want some bland oh he has generic sword and other things that was done a million times so I got the slightest amount of original

I was also wondering how to spell mithril

dont leave me! *looks at the others* so...caliber's sword is made of mythril, too.

I'm not saying it's impossible as every fantasy universe has some kind of fancy super metal and mithril has been used so often Tolkien's probably rolling in royalties up in Heaven, it's just that it hasn't been established to exist in Equestria and having a weapon specifically forged of it screams,

"PAY ATTENTION TO ME!"

I mean both of you agreed my wing swords were actually fairly unique, but I didn't write them as anything special. Just two ordinary steel weapons, Hell the fact that I carry them in modern Canterlot is looked upon as odd and eccentric. So already that shows Steel isn't some trench coated badass, he's a weirdo who has no sense of sarcasm. He makes up for it though with a Quixotic earnestness to be the very knightly swordpony he self ascribes as.

That right there, is a character, not just a list of abilities and weapons.

I've seen mithril mentioned in really old pixilated RPG games. It might be older than Lord of the Rings, too.

Lord of the Rings pre-dates any video games it certainly pre-dates Dungeons and Dragons too. Mithril was created by Tolkien himself.

To answer your question though, Steel is just as good with his hooves and bare wings as he is with his weapons. He could attack her with any number of options.

you sir are a polite person as for elaboration here it is: a sword made out of stuff that doesn't even exist is interesting things that dont entirely make sense are interesting and I don't want some bland oh he has generic sword and other things that was done a million times so I got the slightest amount of original

I was also wondering how to spell mithril

Pardon me, but is english your first language?

@,

Counter point:

A list of esoteric powers and a weapon that's not that original considering it's made from a metal at the heart of all fantasy fiction and also used by another OC in this very thread, does not make an "interesting" character.

Fleshed out, interesting character come from personality traits. What are there quirks? What do they do in there free time? How do they interact with others? What are there hobbies? etc.

Alrighty. I'll fight Steel if you're sure it wouldn't leave your character totally defenseless if she takes away his metal to use against him. He definitely has character.

Also I stand corrected on the age of Lord of the Rings. :) 

• Brohoof 1

Wow I just got owned

And yes English is my first language I just dont care enough to punctuate or spell properly.

That wasn't meant to be an attack, I was genuinely trying to confirm if english was your first language. Please, Steel is my ponysona, and his lack of understanding sarcasm, as well as inability to convey it, is a trait we share.

@,

Counter point:

A list of esoteric powers and a weapon that's not that original considering it's made from a metal at the heart of all fantasy fiction and also used by another OC in this very thread, does not make an "interesting" character.

Fleshed out, interesting character come from personality traits. What are there quirks? What do they do in there free time? How do they interact with others? What are there hobbies? etc.

fine. Time for a second try.

Alrighty. I'll fight Steel if you're sure it wouldn't leave your character totally defenseless if she takes away his metal to use against him. He definitely has character.

Also I stand corrected on the age of Lord of the Rings. :)

Well I can always fight her with Ezekiel as well. He also has a sword, but his empty hoof skills are even better than Steel's.