Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Bangcolt Arena! (Fighting/Sol) (OOC)

P-Jay

I was shooting for more weapons over character development tho.

fine. Time for a second try.

You're right, this thread is for our characters as fighters.

Still, I don't pick my favorite Super Smash characters because of how they fight, I pick them because I care who the character is. So maybe the problem is me and I'm brining the wrong mindset into this.

We could do one then the other? Lektra fights entirely with her magic and has nonexistent melee attacks. At least none with her own body. She's proficient with weapons she makes though. I'm not going to bring the more nuts transformation forms Sparky has into this. Those are reserved for "Save the world" RPs and the like, where stakes are higher.

I'd like a fair fight is all. :)

Edited by bronislav84
  • Brohoof 1

You're right, this thread is for our characters as fighters.

Still, I don't pick my favorite Super Smash characters because of how they fight, I pick them because I care who the character is. So maybe the problem is me and I'm brining the wrong mindset into this.

it probably isn't your fault I wasn't being considerate of other people when I overpowered my oc

"All I am is a man in California with my toes in the sand"

id like to just re-post my fighters. in case y'all see someone y'all wanna fight. :)

http://mlpforums.com..._/caliber-r7887 Caliber (swordspony)
http://mlpforums.com.../_/violet-r8021 Violet (bare hooved fighter)

Evil Characters
http://mlpforums.com..._/eclipse-r8042 Eclipse (OP alicorn, uses a darksteel blade) 
http://mlpforums.com..._/rebilac-r7981 Rebilac (basically caliber's evil twin, but its more complicated than that)

Caliber's 4 Masters
http://mlpforums.com...ers/_/ruk-r8146 Ruk (buster-blade-like using zebra)
http://mlpforums.com...ter-ronin-r8147 Master Ronin (uses 7 swords at a time)
http://mlpforums.com.../_/hunter-r8152 Hunter (nerve-hitter)

Also I apologize I pick characters in fighting games based solely on their ability to fight. I fight to win and yes that means no one plays with me but when someone with around my skill level plays me it is memorable because I frequently go to tournaments and have built quite a few friendships and rivalries.

See that I went and did something stupid again

• Brohoof 2

it probably isn't your fault I wasn't being considerate of other people when I overpowered my oc

Well I say don't worry about other people when creating an OC. However there's two sides to that coin.

You see, ideally you want an OC to still fit snugly into the canon. Like you could see them in the background of an episode and they would not look out of place.

You said something to the effect that an ordinary sword makes your boring. As of now, we have zero characters that consistently use swords, so just having one is a distinct trait. The concern that you "appear boring" also betrays that you do consider other people. Ironically though, trying to stand out actually makes your OC less interesting.

I've been in this fandom since season one, and you may have too, can you honestly count how many black and red alicorns with extremely out of place powers have been spawned from pony creator?

Who's more memorable? "Lord Awesome McDarkness" or the four ponies from the season premier who actually caught Starlight Glimmer?

I'm not trying to be petty or beat you down, just trying to steer you into making a truly unique and interesting OC.

Also I apologize I pick characters in fighting games based solely on their ability to fight. I fight to win and yes that means no one plays with me but when someone with around my skill level plays me it is memorable because I frequently go to tournaments and have built quite a few friendships and rivalries.

See that I went and did something stupid again

Well then there we go. This reflects two entirely opposed philosophies when it comes to games and by extension this. See I actually care about the stories of fighting games and the characters within.

So when I play Street Fighter I want to play as someone like Dudley because he's a gentleman and I can identify with that, just for an example.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Sweet Celestia can I please fight Eclipse?! 

sure! go for it!! :pinkie: who'll be fighting him?

@,

Sweet Celestia

Sweet Celestia of Equestria!

@,

Considering he's supposed to be some kind of dark god, in addition to everything that's wrong with OC's!  :angry: . . . Ezekiel please. 

i try. :smug:

i try. :smug:

Oh thank Christ he's supposed to be bad. I mean that doesn't make it less painful to read his page but it dulls that pain at least that he's intentionally a caricature.

Edited by Steel Accord

I agree with Steel on both posts he quoted. Though I wonder, Steel do you think Lektra would make more sense as a guest star or something? She would stand out too much in the background, but I didn't design her  to be a main character per se. Canon wise. The lightning bolt burns on her legs are optional, really. If a game master is a bit too anal, they can be ignored. 

So who am I fighting? :) 

Edited by bronislav84

I thank Christ he's supposed to be bad. I mean that doesn't make it less painful to read his page but it dulls that pain at least that he's intentionally a caricature.

i really didnt put any thought at all into him, i just needed a villain. came up with a name, based almost everything of said name, and that was it.

I agree with Steel on both posts he quoted. Though I wonder, Steel do you think Lektra would make more sense as a guest star or something? She would stand out too much in the background, but I didn't design her  to be a main character per se. Canon wise. The lightning bolt burns on her legs are optional, really.

Well let me read her page first and let me tell you what I think.

But man, Eclipse is overpowered. I think even Celestia would have a hard time against him. Makes sense she needed her sister to help to be able to beat him. 

Edited by bronislav84
  • Brohoof 1

But man, Eclipse is overpowered. I think even Celestia would have a hard time against him.

it took luna teleporting him to the moon, and celestia making the moon collide with the sun before he could teleport back to take him out. the moon and sun were already in position (eclipse)...his own doing was his downfall. :lol:

@@bronislav84,

Okay let me grade this systematically.

Appearance:

Okay the wings and the (optional) lighting marks? A little much. (Although "Rainbow Power" Lektra and the bolts would be perfect.) Apart from that though, that's actually not a bad design. Color scheme isn't eye searing, the frazzled hair of the inventor works, and the tool belt and googles says a lot about her character before she even says anything.

Even the robot assistance channels the pet archetype like Tank, Opal, etc.

Personality:

Nicely rounded actually. She's inventive, passionate, but her zaniness can turn other ponies off. Like Pinkie only with science instead of parties.

Backstory:

I would only say that she seems a little out of place in Equestria as it exists now. Jump the timeframe up a few decades though and she's fit like a sock! 

Hell I could easily imagine her in a post-cyberpunk story! Her parents own a megacorporation and she tries to get away from that world but if she doesn't use her expertise, her parents could loose everything they've built to somepony with for less scruples than they have; this is stuff ripe with potential!

it took luna teleporting him to the moon, and celestia making the moon collide with the sun before he could teleport back to take him out. the moon and sun were already in position (eclipse)...his own doing was his downfall. :lol:

Yeah all that praise I just gave Lektra? Opposite for him. You wanted to make an evil guy with the name Eclipse? Okay.

Planet sized manta ray who blocks out the suns of planets, lets them freeze over, and then feeds on them like a snow cone. There! Pulled that completely out of my plot!

Im back with new name and new avatar.(I kept some red because it looked cool)

Hmmm the eyes are a little off putting but that's actually not bad.

If there is still any space, I think I'd like to join in with a couple of OC's.

Here is the first one:

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/naga-the-rakshasa-r8043

Summary:

A seemingly young monk from the mountains of Eiquet. He is almost never serious and is a jokester. Naga almost never takes a fight seriously and can come off as a major buffoon. However, beneath all of this lies a deadly, quick, and fierce warrior with powerful spiritual channeling techniques that would take decades for one to master, along with masterful martial arts skills that seem to be honed by years of experience. Is Naga really what he says he is? And if he is more... then what is he really? Watch out for those hookswords!

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/lorec-krin-r6942

Summary:

An absolute beast of a minotaur, standing a full head over most of his brethren with plenty of muscle from years and years of training and battle. Lorec is a " keeper " of an organization known as the Divine Retribution Order, being the third strongest out of the organization's five leaders. Lorec is the keeper of earth, and wields a mighty zweihander in battle. This zweihander contains within it the power of a being known as " the ursa king ", a sentient, semi-divine being said to have been quite powerful in life, now granting his champion the power to call upon the earth as their weapon. Lorec is very quiet and fairly serious. He has a strict honor code and hides scars from previous battles... and failures... with a tunic and bandages around his arms. Lorec fights predominantly with his fists as a brawler, only drawing his sword and calling upon the powers of Viruden ( the being in the sword) when the one he is fighting is worthy. Before a battle, Lorec prays to a being known as Nülvak in ancestral veneration, as in his culture, it is believed that great warriors become warrior gods.... also known... as stormbringers. ( you know what I'm talking about, Peyton ;) )

• Brohoof 2

@@bronislav84,

One last thing. The first name could use some work. I mean most pony names come from phrases or plays on words. "Lektra" seems a little odd for their world. From her personality, something like "Spark Bolt" would seem a little better.

Keep in mind, everything I'm saying is meant to be suggestion, I'm not mandating anypony if they don't want to change their OCs.

Just for example "Steel Accord" comes from the samurai adage "the pen and sword in equal accord." Swords are made of steel so . . . Steel Accord!