Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Puppet To Her Fame - Octavia Fanfiction (Ugh, I need a happy fanfic)

GreyScholar

This fanfiction was terrible yet engrossing, the sort of story one wants to put aside yet cannot. The ending was tragic, a punch in the gut, and left me feeling terrible. If you can handle a darkfic involving Octavia  involving parental abuse and something otherworldy, with romance mixed in with a certain DJ mixed in, I would recommend it.

Still, I need a happy story... perhaps a fanfiction involving Octavia and Vinyl Scratch? Please give me something, I need it.  :(  :rarity:

Warning, do not listen to if you have a weak heart or can't handle darker stories involving abuse and other related things. Please, I will offer the chapters here but only click play if you truly think you can handle such an emotion and sadistic story.

It would see the third and final 'Act' wont load up, which is where the full weight of the story may crush you.

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1

I've read A Puppet To Her Fame before. It was really good too, especially for a dark fan fiction. It handled the horror themes well, Octavia's characterisation is very nice and the ending is tragic. Normally fan fiction doesn't seem to lure me in, but with this one in particular I just couldn't stop reading. I guess I could say it's one of my favourite pony fanfics.

I was thinking about giving it a second read, and this dramatic reading will definitely do the trick. Thank you very much for sharing. :3

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Odyssey,

I will say this, it is the last time I stay up listening to a story so dark and heartbreaking, more a story that rips out your heart and chokes all like joy from it. It is... I am half tempted to write an alternate ending just to ease the pain in my heart. This is made all the worst since Octavia is my favorite mare outside of the Mane Six and Princesses, to experience all that with the lovely musician and one so dear to me.

Sighs, honestly while the story is well written and the sort that one will have a hard time putting aside... I did't think I can call it one of my favorite, it hurt to much getting through it and the ending heart shatteringly tragic. Perhaps... you have an Octavia story that is happy?

:rarity:  :adorkable:

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1

@@Odyssey,

I will say this, it is the last time I stay up listening to a story so dark and heartbreaking, more a story that rips out your heart and chokes all like joy from it. It is... I am half temped to write an alternate ending just to ease the pain in my heart. This is made all the worst since Octavia is my favorite mare outside of the Mane Six and Princesses, to experience all that with the lovely musician and one so dear to me.

Sighs, honestly while the story is well written and the sort that one will have a hard time putting aside... I did't think I can call it one of my favorite, it hurt to much getting through it and the ending heart shatteringly tragic. Perhaps... you have an Octavia story that is happy?

:rarity:  :adorkable:

Well there's nobody stopping you from writing an alternate ending. The ending definitely caught me out of the blue too, but to see Octavia suffer from a bad ending just feels saddening, especially after how she was so close to hope. Tavi is one of my favourite ponies as well, but as much as I like to see her happy, I also like to see her suffer a little. That's how I feel about most of my favourite characters in general, actually.

And I respect that if you wouldn't consider it a favourite. I understand why that ending caught you by surprise.

While I'm no fan fiction genius, I've heard some nice things about The Vinyl Scratch Tapes. It's an ongoing fanfic that is mostly lighthearted. At times it'll have its sad moments, but overall it seems to be nice from what I've read. It has some unique characterisation from both Tavi and Vinyl too. It does has some shipping between the two though, and if that's not your thing, then that's fine too. :3

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got the courage to listen to it the other day. I really liked the ending, but like is probably the the wrong word? I got it all backward (as usual) and only listened the part three, but the ending was spot on grim-dark! I guess it will be in my mind for a good while, because it sent me off to write one of my own. And for me it is so hard to write this genre, because it needs to be dark and have suspense built in and have that desperately sad ending. I nearly sold out and went darkfic on mine! Hours of setting it all up, traveling with those ponies on a journey of discovery and then.....splat!

You have it bang on right with the happy fic afterward Equestrianscholar. If any pony is planning to go read/listen to it for the first time, I would recommend queuing up a nice one ready for afterward.