• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

More Side notes here. 

Open Skies voiced by Ashleigh Ball

Clear Skies voiced by Tabitha St. Germain

Sunshower (the conversation initiator) voiced by Cathy Weseluck.

This is one golden conversation. Sunshower and Clear Skies voice is just so cute.  :wub:

Dear Equestrian deities, what an episode!
The humor and references were almosts offensively good, the moral pretty multi aplicaple(assuming I understood it right), the weather factory chaos was visually entertaining for a game lover like me(if someone makes a pony platformer they've got plenty of matirial from just that scene) and I think the crying scene at the end was just amazing, this may become one of my favorite episodes by the shear force of effort that is the writing .
Though was I the only one getting a bit of a Double Rainboom vibe with the ending?
Also if I remember correctly this is Rainbow dashs first proper solo song, kudos!
I still have to say my favorite scene was  the whos on first gag they did with the ponies, that routine has really been surging in popularity lately,  and being a fan of black and white era comedy, I couldn't  be happier about it.
Oh, and I guess we should start a list of adorable plush products that need to be made:

1. Spikes rarity plush
2. Rainbow Dashs Tank slippers
3. Tanks Rainbow Dash slippers

• Brohoof 1

Woo-Hoo!  Cool episode!  Rainbow Dash is such a BRAT!  As others have said, the facial expressions were amazing!  And good work Fluttershy!

I don't think that Rainbow Dash overreacted - given her personality.  I do think that she was hit harder by Tank going into hibernation because she sort of got blind-sided by it.  She didn't have time to prepare herself for some "petless time."  Heck, I got all choked up about missing my pets when I went away for a week once.  Not at first - I knew it was only a week and it didn't seem like something that would bother me - but about 3 days in I really missed my cat. I cried about it.  Surprised even me!

And Rainbow Dash is stubborn.  She would keep upping the ante until she got her way - if she could.  So she blew up the weather factory...  It's a cartoon!  It's supposed to be larger than life.  Twilight and Celestia can just get together and magic it back together.  Or Discord.  Or something.

Edited by Foliha
  • Brohoof 3

Ok, gimme a minute...

THIS WAS ADORABLE HELP ME

*ahem*

I love pet episodes, ok, and I love episodes about Dash's less-seen side(s). It's so fun seeing her with Tank, they love each other so much and it's perfect!

AND SHE FINALLY GOT HER SOLO! I've been waiting for it, now all the Mane 6 have had solo numbers. And Dash's worked so well for her and for the story of the episode and Ashleigh's voice is still absolutely golden

I kept jumping between "Dash, you idiot, stop, just let him go to sleep!" and "She just loves her baby so much!"

Pinkie was fun. She was fun in this episode. I like Pinkie.

AND ONTO BEST PONY

Fluttershy's talent came into play so well here. And Rarity and Pinkie's comments about how heart wrenching it is to see her cry were brilliant. And it's good to see the lessons learnt in past episodes coming back - specifically when Flutters learned sometimes she has to be cruel to be kind. I think she handled this well

We got some world building too! Cloudsdale moves around, apparently. That's interesting. I'm assuming it moves around Equestria only during the changes in seasons...? That'll be my headcanon, anyway

Also I liked the Clear Skies/Open Skies/Fluffy Clouds joke~

• Brohoof 5

Game of Thrones, Wilhelm scream and Wallace and Gromit references in the same episode? Blimey.

Song was pretty good as well.

Other than those, the episode was rather mediocre.

• Brohoof 1

This episode was the only episode this season I watched twice. I absolutely adored it, and this is saying something because I had absolutely no faith in it. Honestly, there's not much to say except for me raving on about it.
The faces, the characterization, the jokes, the plotline, the continuity (the whole Fall Weather Friends callback, there was one weird error that I'll get to later), and the weather factory were all on point. Season five has been killing it lately. I hope they continue on this streak of awesomeness.  :dash:

So the continuity thing: has it all just been a year between season two-season five? It doesn't really make sense... Rainbow Dash got Tank Season Two, Episode 7? That doesn't make sense, between Hearth's Warming Eve which is in Winter. Which is Season Two, Episode 11. So she would have already had to have Tank hibernate right?  :sunny:

• Brohoof 3

Worst Episode :eww:  The jokes were aside from Pinkie walking through the Wall and AJ crying inside not funny at all, Rainbow Dash was selfish and should get punished for destroying the Rainbow Weather Factory and I can't feel sorry for her if her Pet just sleeps for a few Month

1/5

Also I'm probably the only one who didn't got the Game of Thrones-Reference (for me it was just a normal Sentence)

• Brohoof 4

LOVED this episode. Actualy surprised as I've seen alot of negative views of it around the pony sites I've visited :/

Anyways, Dash was pure gold this one, from start to finish. The beginning was absolutely terrific with Dash going crazy on pinkie, and her scene with Spike where she kept insisting that he should know all about lizard stuff XD

The who's on first joke is always classic, and it transitioned well here too. The scenes of Dash sneaking into the factory were also adorable, and the giant domino effect disaster that occured was pretty neat (Her being trapped in the lightning room was great XD).

I liked the song, and Dash's vocals were PERFECT in it. I will say, I think the lyrics were a bit weak for the song, but its still incredible to see dash FINALLY get a solo! :D

9/10!

• Brohoof 3

I did not like how Rainbow acted in this episode

She's had Tank for at least one Winter already (Hearth's Warming Eve)

Why didn't Fluttershy give her a book on how to take care of your pet, especially if it's not a common one?

I'm not impressed by Season 5 so far 

The only episodes I've enjoyed was the first two, and even then, I only liked it for the song and Communism implications

triggered_by_songbreeze741-d8r0mu1.gif

Edited by VinylShadow

Awww, I really liked this one! 

Did anyone besides me think there was something er...deeper...going on with Rainbow Dash, though? I mean, Tank is about the boringest pet imaginable and really doesn't have much (any?) personality. How much could she miss the thing for a couple months? The stuff about how she hates being alone kind of hinted at this being related to a bigger pattern (at least, IMO)

Anyway, cool to see how Cloudsdale actually works (it moves? Strange!) Did anyone else hear the tune from "Rainbow Factory" when Rainbow Dash first enters the lab?

Also loved the scene with Clear Skies, Open Skies and Fluffy Clouds. Cheesy "who's on first" bit, but still fun.

The crying scene was also nice, especially how AJ "cries on the inside" ("It's true!" lol). 

Liked the song also, although some of the lyrics were a little on-the-nose at times.

Anyway, cool to see how Cloudsdale actually works (it moves? Strange!) Did anyone else hear the tune from "Rainbow Factory" when Rainbow Dash first enters the lab?

Could've sworn they mentioned that Cloudsdale moved before (Sonic Rainboom? Hurricane Fluttershy?)

Although they may be borrowing inspirations from many fanfics that play with the idea (Because how would you keep a city made of clouds stationary?)

I know there was a bunch of cute references in this episode, but am I the only one who was creeped out by AJ saying it's true? That sounded like a dude.

This episode had so much going on and it worked very well. Facial features were interesting and funny at the same time since it seems like we are getting a lot more animation for characters. The song was pretty well done for this episode and Rainbow doesn't get a lot of songs to sing, especially if its just her singing. I liked how she tried to stop winter from coming to Ponyville because it's kind of ironic since shes a weather pony and she is supposed to help out with the winter. Also with her clearing the skies in part of the song she didn't clear it in ten seconds flat haha just kidding. I also liked how they went to the weather/cloud factory since we only saw it in season 1 and we got to see something new to it. I also liked how Fluttershy tried to handle the situation because she has animals that also hibernate so she tried to help Rainbow as best as she could. There was a lot of emotions going on throughout the episode that it seemed to fit in the right moments where the emotions were needed, not for the sake of just putting it there. Another great epsiode for the season I can't wait for the rest  :wub:

Dang... the feels. :(  Didn't realize they were that close.

Btw that face at 7:32, i'm assuming it's a Grinch reference?

Rd should've just taken Jon's approach

Edited by rpc8169

To everyone upset about the Hearth's Warming Eve thing with continuity. The episodes ARE out of order. I don't get the timeline nitpicks. Shows like Lilo & Stitch The Series have episodes that are very out of order so I accept it as normal for a show like this. Mccarthy explained in an interview with Everfree Network that the slice of life eps are out of order and more self contained. However I can understand the "its only been a year?" complaints. But it was already established in "Princess Twilight Sparkle" that not much time has passed

• Brohoof 7

I can see where some people might have had a problem with this episode,
because rainbow dash went to such negative extremes.

But you have to put her actions in the context of loving something so much that you just can't let it go...
I've been in that place myself, and I totally get her. That was a completely understandable reaction.

Yeah, it was over the top. Yes, it was an overreaction.
But that's what happens when you're so emotionally invested in someone!

I don't think people can hold it against her or even discredit the episode because of that.
I think it was executed pretty damn well, especially because it led to those explosive arguments she was having, and how she broke down in tears for... a good two minutes maybe.
That was very realistic, they didn't just.. have it a short cutaway thing, they dragged that out. But in the positive way!

Having to separate like that clearly broke rainbow up, and that was lovely to see. 
All of her reactions actually helped solidify the bond between them. And it makes it beautiful. It really does.

Another 5 out of 5 from me, no question. Season 5's hot streak continues.

• Brohoof 8

I can see where some people might have had a problem with this episode,

because rainbow dash went to such negative extremes.

But you have to put her actions in the context of loving something so much that you just can't let it go...

I've been in that place myself, and I totally get her. That was a completely understandable reaction.

Yeah, it was over the top. Yes, it was an overreaction.

But that's what happens when you're so emotionally invested in someone!

I don't think people can hold it against her or even discredit the episode because of that.

I think it was executed pretty damn well, especially because it led to those explosive arguments she was having, and how she broke down in tears for... a good two minutes maybe.

That was very realistic, they didn't just.. have it a short cutaway thing, they dragged that out. But in the positive way!

Having to separate like that clearly broke rainbow up, and that was lovely to see. 

All of her reactions actually helped solidify the bond between them. And it makes it beautiful. It really does.

Another 5 out of 5 from me, no question. Season 5's hot streak continues.

Everytime I finish the new episode the next thing I look forward to the most is your reaction video for the episode

• Brohoof 1