343 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

There's only one word to describe this episode: WAAAAAAAHHHAHAHAHAAAAAA~  :(

Seriously, holy crap was that depressing. I wasn't expecting much from this episode based on the synopsis, but man oh man did Larson drive the feels express full throttle. I mean, Dash went through the five stages of grief sprinkled with glorious faces, a fantastic solo number and... a complete breakdown. Good lord did Larson knock it out of the park.

A shame the streams lagged for me, 'cause I missed one of the best faces I've seen in this series.882321__safe_solo_rainbow+dash_animated_

What else can I say? Honestly.

Cindy Morrow wrote the episode. Not Larson

• Brohoof 1

Actually, not just RD's best episode... and not just the best episode of the season... but maybe even the best episode of all time.

Would not fault anyone for that opinion at all.

RD fans bask in the glory of this ... so much development. I have been saying I wanted a new kickass Dashie episode ... and I got exactly what I wanted. 

• Brohoof 6

I didn't get to watch much so I'm not staying in this thread long but I cought enough to say this...

Are they going to put a song in EVERY EPISODE NOW!

Not that it wasn't good, but COME ON, to me it just subtracts from story telling time

Edited by Argumedies
  • Brohoof 1

This ain't flying with me. With the exception of season one, seasons two onwards have been in direct seasonal continuity from one to the other. May the Best Pet Win! took place a few episodes before HWE. The one line in the prologue and complete lack of maturity over the situation immediately spoil the story.

Truth be told, if this were essentially the last episode we see of Tank, then perhaps my belief that hibernation is a code word for 'death' would probably be true and could explain why RD's understandable but over the top and forced behavior in the episode. Not to mention this episode would get a whole different look. Still doesn't explain the continuity issues or other problems I had with the episode. I consider this to be the worst episode of S5 so far.

Edited by Nuke87654
  • Brohoof 1

I still can't believe what all happened in this episode. Just trying to recap everything that happened. I know I got to watch it again when it comes out on youtube. 

Ditto that. Immediate rewatch is in order. 

Gets a 9/10 from me it was very heartwarming overall and rainbow dash solo song was awesome and I haven't seen a season 5 episode so far that I didn't like

Me neither. I loved the song so much that I'm not even waiting for remixes. I'll just take the original.  ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Um. Wow, this episode. 

By the way, the story is written by Cindy Morrow and edited by Larson.

Crap ton of reference from Grinch face to GoT. 

RD Solo, and a great one.

Feels throughout the episode. 

Nuclear Snow. Who wants it? XD

I'd give it a 88/100

• Brohoof 1

Would not fault anyone for that opinion at all.

RD fans bask in the glory of this ... so much development. I have been saying I wanted a new kickass Dashie episode ... and I got exactly what I wanted. 

Yeah, it was a great dashie episode for quite some time. 

I loved the nuclear winter blast LOL BOOOOOOOOM! WINTER IS HERE! so many feels when dashie was crying, and then rarity,pinkie and fluttershy joined in, twilight was strong and applejack cries on the inside. so sad. really showed that dashie has feelings under that tough mask she wears. wonder how long winter will last this season and if they will have a hearths warming eve and winter wrap up?

• Brohoof 3

Can someone add the poll please? :3

Sorry about that! It's up...ehehe... ^^;

• Brohoof 2

I didn't get to watch much so I'm not staying in this thread long but I cought enough to say this...

Are they going to put a song in EVERY EPISODE NOW!

Not that it wasn't good, but COME ON, to me it just subtracts from story telling time

15 songs total. Not including Hush Now Little Sister probably since Danny didn't write that one. 

So I'll give this episode a 9/10 due continuity issues. Yeah the feels is here everywhere. Though I don't get the whole code word for death thing seeing as this is just hibernation.

Could also be seen as dealing with illness as well of the death analogy doesn't work for a person. There is a sixth stage there. Hope

• Brohoof 1

Okay, few things: 1.) I can see the avalanche (no pun intended) of Grinch jokes now. 2.) MLP was the LAST show i expected to reference Abbot and Costello. 3.) What is everyone going on about a "Game of Thrones" reference? All Twilight said was winter is coming. nothing out of the ordinary. and 4.) tough tomboyish Rainbow Dash bawling over her pet going to SLEEP which is perfectly natural? Way to keep your cast in character, Cindy.  >_> -_- Yes, having to say goodbye to a pet is sad, even if it is for a short time, but we know Dashie is tougher than this.

Edited by ggg-2
  • Brohoof 1

3.) What is everyone going on about a "Game of Thrones" reference? All Twilight said was winter is coming. nothing out of the ordinary. and

When Twilight said "Prepare yourselves everypony, Winter is coming". A popular line/meme from Game of Thrones

4.) tough tomboyish Rainbow Dash bawling over her pet going to SLEEP which is perfectly natural? Way to keep your cast in character, Cindy.   >_>  -_-

Yeah, how dare Rainbow Dash love/care about her pet!

• Brohoof 4

MLP was the LAST show i expected to reference Abbot and Costello.

Loved that!

3.) What is everyone going on about a "Game of Thrones" reference? All Twilight said was winter is coming.

That is the reference. It is the GoT tag line of sorts. Larson also changed his Twitter name to Stannis Larsonian or something in advance of the episode. :) 

• Brohoof 1

It reminded me of Spike's Rarity plushie.

I wonder how they got them.

I wonder if we're going to see a plushie of all the mane 6 in the whole season. We already got Rarity, now for the rest. At first glance I did think that the slippers were another plushie.  

• Brohoof 2

4.) tough tomboyish Rainbow Dash bawling over her pet going to SLEEP which is perfectly natural? Way to keep your cast in character, Cindy.

This was not an OOC episode. 

*drops the mic.

• Brohoof 13

This was a great episode for all the small things that where put in here. Flutterdoc, the who's on first joke, Rainbows Smile, the song, etc. You can find alot of this in the episode. But i would just call it good, from an overall perspective. The first third started of good, but i kind of didn't liked the fact, how Rainbow Dash needed to destroy the entire winter factory. Sure, we sometimes do stupid things when we're angry and in denial, but i thought it was a bit over the top.

The rest was very adorable and it was actually the first time, that Rainbow was crying her eyes out. The good night story was a cute ending.

It might have had it's problems and it's the worst episode of the season for me, i will still give it a thumbs up.

4.) tough tomboyish Rainbow Dash bawling over her pet going to SLEEP which is perfectly natural? Way to keep your cast in character, Cindy.  >_> -_-

Yeah, how dare Rainbow Dash showing off some sincere emotion for her pet and not being a total jerk to him?

• Brohoof 6