Did you like it?  

343 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I wish the writers remembered Dash's roots. Dash is a tsundere as in she doesn't show her emotions so easily and does it when nobody is looking. But it was fun to see Dash cause mayhem.

As for Rainbow's "lack of punishment" for sabotaging the weather factory, I believe her punishment was getting sucked into the machine, packed into a giant snowball, and having to finally accept that her winter was going to be petless. I say that's fair since they got everything cleaned up; no permanent damage.

I loved the references and all that jazz, but I did not like how Rainbow was depicted, I don't like her anymore. I find it to be unbelievable that she gets away with everything and makes Twilight being scolded (or being angry at) in "Lesson Zero", seem unfair. 

I honestly bawled so much to this episode.. It was so sad!!  :( Poor Rainbow Dash.. There was major character development in bother Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash! I am so surprised that Fluttershy made Rainbow cry! I was a little upset about at her for that, she made Rainbow cry her eyes out. :sunny:  Our little shy pony is growing up into a more assertive mare. :adorkable: I do not blame Rainbow for crying, she had all these plans for winter with Tank, but now she can't do any of them and she has to wait a few months to see her friend again! :( That's sad. And I seriously have fallen in love with the song "I'll Fly" it's so beautiful. :wub:  :wub: Overall, this episode was so sad and amazing. I loved it so much.  :wub:

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice episode, with all the emotional aspects and such. I personally enjoyed the song - I found it to be the best of the S5 ones so far. However, one thing which bugs me a little is Rainbow's failure to claim responsibility for the damage caused - I mean, she did wreck the entire factory. Maybe this is dealt with after the events shown in the episode...I don't know.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Rainbow Dash was horrible in this episode. This was her most unlikeable appearance yet if you ask me. She overreacts about her pet hibernating and acts like he's dying and then takes her anger out on all her friends...and then even tries to ruin winter for everypony else because all she cares about is herself...And after she finally learns that she can't succeed she starts whining and bitching and crying like a big baby all because she couldn't get her way...And once again she does not apologize for acting so horrible...

I get that this episode was meant to show how Rainbow Dash deals with grief but if you're gonna portray something you have to do it right and that's something that this episode did not do...For example, if she found out that Tank was sick and dying of a really bad illness and she was having to go to the vet to have him euthanized THEN she would have a reasonable catalyst for her behavior in this episode.

And I get that death is something that this show has been trying to avoid but this was still a pretty dumb substitute...

Edited by Asbel Lhant
  • Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...

DIRECTOR: And action!

RAINBOW DASH: BAWWWWW!!!

DIRECTOR: Excellent! Keep going!

RAINBOW DASH: BAAAAAAAWWWWW!!!

DIRECTOR: Such raw, pure emotion!  This is golden!

RAINBOW DASH: BAAAAAAAAWWWWW!!!!

DIRECTOR: And cut!

RAINBOW DASH: BAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW!!!!

DIRECTOR: That's enough, Dash.  You can stop now.

RAINBOW DASH: BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW!!!

DIRECTOR: ...

(three minutes later)

SPITFIRE: That's a new academy record!

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

Wait, didn't RD have Tank by the episode Heart's Warming Eve which was in Winter?

Chikorita, i have reason to believe that beyond season openers and season finales, there is no valid chronological pattern from episode to episode, i mean the fact that in the first season the whole running of the autumn leaves episode was only 2 episodes after winter wrap up, like call of the cutie was supposed to be the only major thing that happened within the several months between the new springtime, til autumn, yeah, we can assume that chronology was somewhat loose.  but then again, i doubt the MLP staff are really trying that hard to make a really high quality series, their goal to to cater to kids, and when that's your main goal, you don't have to try that hard.

while MLP has a decent amount of continuity, it has unmistakable flaws, yet for the most part, such flaws do not stop me from enjoying the show for the things i like about it, which i'd rather watch MLP than any other modern kid's cartoon.  not to hate on Adventure Time or Legend Of Korra, but i guess i just never cared enough for their style and characters, but i love the characters of MLP <3

now let's see, i've been wanting to voice my opinion on this episode but i've put it off because from what i've seen, everyone loves it and that just makes me the odd one out...

firstly, let it be known, that unlike other analysts who have a whole top 10 list of "worst episodes", i merely have a top 5, and while i acknowledge the issues mentioned about certain episodes, i dislike very, very few episodes, i mean, come on, that's saying something!  i hated half of the 12 or 14 episodes of Adventure Time i've seen, but out of 101 MLP:FiM, i only have major issues with 5 episodes, whether my issues are legitimate is based on bias, i am obviously biased for a lot of my own reasoning, but let me just get to the point of this episode specifically.

there is only one thing, that if different, i not only would stop being upset (because i didn't "hate" the episode per say, i just "hate the premise"), i would have taken everything else with a grain of salt, but it was the premise that killed this episode for me, and it's a tragedy because i did want to like it, yet you have no idea how upset i am, not just with the episode, but with myself, because i refuse to enjoy it, all due to being stubborn and picky about drama, i just can't get passed this one detail!...

Rainbow Dash went through the 5 stages of grief, destroyed property, all because her pet was going to sleep for 3 months...

SERIOUSLY?!  ugh...  i'm sorry, i get that this story is an allegory for death, and the grieving process, but wouldn't actual death be a better premise, you know, considering the incredible selfish over emotional way RD was acting?

but i am too picky about drama, i can not get passed this, and since there wasn't an investigation or any proof that Rainbow Dash trashed the Cloudsdale weather machine, it could be assumed no one knew that she done it, so she avoided punishment, which i know was an initial issue i had alongside with the premise, which did actually make me hate the episode a bit until i realized that oh, she just didn't get caught

aside from my nitpick of this episode, i love RD, i really do  :wub:   <3

there are good things about the episode.  the progression was well paced, considering 22 minute limits, and even the song was good, though i don't really like this style of music, i actually kind of liked this song in some way, which surprises myself (though i like the metal version better, kudos to DusK on Youtube).  as for everything RD does in this episode, if death was at stake, i would not have a single thing to complain about, because when dealing with death, it can make some people really torn apart and do things they wouldn't typically do otherwise.

i mean, death is a touchy matter, but it's not like Disney hasn't had death in their movies, and it's also not like MLP is perfect sunshine and rainbows all the time either.  there are a lot of heavy moments in the show if you think about it (Twilight might have been turned to stone forever in Staremaster; Crystal Empire might have been enslaved again but they KILLED Sauron, i mean, Sombra before he could take over again in the Crystal Empire two parter; cult leader trying to brainwash ponies to either feel superior over everypony, or possibly has deluded sense of a flawed extreme version of communism in The Cutie Map)

aside from the premise of death vs hibernation, i also think RD should have shown remorse for destroying the weather factory, i'm sure she didn't intend on destroying it all, just sabotaging the water machine was her plan, but she was so short sighted and selfish that she didn't even think it would have been a good idea to confess what she done and help fix it any way she can, and it's not like she would go to jail, she's too important to the plot, i mean..  she has connections with Twilight, you know, stuff, nepotism, corrupt justice system, etc..  lol, but anyway, she should have admitted that she made a mistake and got carried away.

i personally would kill off Tank, why not?  i mean, they basically killed off that pet phoenix with an episode intro, sure, not "killed", but the point is, Spike's pet will never return, and no one cared enough to complain when that pet was gone.  sure, we technically got more development with the tortoise than that phoenix, but i never cared that much about Tank personally, and though he was a good pet to RD, he wasn't that prominent in the series, but just enough to warrant an emotional reaction, but not as severe as like if a mane six died or even a background pony.

so anyways, the episode had interesting ideas, funny moments, cool references, a good solo song, and just so much good, but the premise and the lack of higher conscious shown by RD this episode turned me off, and i overall have a love/hate relationship with this episode.

Edited by Nikola Xerdav

• 2 weeks later...

Rainbow Dash was horrible in this episode. This was her most unlikeable appearance yet if you ask me. She overreacts about her pet hibernating and acts like he's dying and then takes her anger out on all her friends...and then even tries to ruin winter for everypony else because all she cares about is herself...And after she finally learns that she can't succeed she starts whining and bitching and crying like a big baby all because she couldn't get her way...And once again she does not apologize for acting so horrible...

I get that this episode was meant to show how Rainbow Dash deals with grief but if you're gonna portray something you have to do it right and that's something that this episode did not do...For example, if she found out that Tank was sick and dying of a really bad illness and she was having to go to the vet to have him euthanized THEN she would have a reasonable catalyst for her behavior in this episode.

And I get that death is something that this show has been trying to avoid but this was still a pretty dumb substitute...

oh my god thank you, i am not the only person that was bothered by the premise of this episode ~hugs~

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say straight off the bat the Rainbow Dash wasn't ever my favorite pony. Yes I liked how cool she was, (RD vs. Starscream was what got me interested in the show in the first place) but she never seemed as nice or as emotionally deep as the rest of the them.

Then I watched this episode.

I didn't cry. But I finally get why so many people want to hug her.

Personally I also liked how if you speed up the scene with Rainbow sneeking around cloudsdale with Tank and only listen to the music, you can almost hear Rainbow Factory in the background music. Don't believe me. Check it out.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Poor Dashie. In spite of how tough she appears, she's really a softy on the inside when it comes to the ones she values most. Even though her clinginess caused a lot of trouble, I got a big hit of feels when I saw how emotionally hard it was for her to let someone go. Luckily, Tank IS a tortoise and they've been known to outlive their owners!

And LOL at her "not angry" face :lol:

She cried! OMC CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!!!! YAYYYYY!!!

In all seriousness though, we have discovered that Rainbow Pegasus has a soft side. Cuutee!

'Cutesy Wutsy, have you even met me?'- Rainbow

Yes I have, and you are cute!!! 

Just remember that aside from all the bronies and pegasisters, there are some little girls who watch this. Also remember that Rainbow is the Element of LOYALTY, so loyal to her pet that she grieved over him just hibernating. Seriously, do u even know the character of Dashie?

I have to say straight off the bat the Rainbow Dash wasn't ever my favorite pony. Yes I liked how cool she was, (RD vs. Starscream was what got me interested in the show in the first place) but she never seemed as nice or as emotionally deep as the rest of the them.

Then I watched this episode.

I didn't cry. But I finally get why so many people want to hug her.

Personally I also liked how if you speed up the scene with Rainbow sneeking around cloudsdale with Tank and only listen to the music, you can almost hear Rainbow Factory in the background music. Don't believe me. Check it out.

At one point someone has an umbrella cutie mark... ? So their special talent is... not getting wet? Making umbrellas? 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rainbow_Dash_crying_hysterically_S5E5.pn

This scene was so cute and sad at the same time. I mean after all she went through to get a pet and the one she didnt want at first she ends up crying over him because they wont be able to spend the winter together.Poor Rainbow Dash and Tank just looks so heart broken about it too. :(

• Brohoof 4

This is a stand out episode for me. MLP tackling the 5 stages of grief? Wow! They do an amazing job.

The part that brought actual tears to my eyes was when Dash said, "I'll miss you," and Tank pats her with his paw in reassurance. It made me feel the loss of every pet I've ever lost.

"I'll Fly" is now one of my favorite songs, ever (not just from MLP). You may be willing to do anything to help a loved one, but some things in life are inevitable. This song is bittersweet in the extreme.

• 3 weeks later...

sig-4034577.Rainbow_Dash_crying_hysteric

This scene was so cute and sad at the same time. I mean after all she went through to get a pet and the one she didnt want at first she ends up crying over him because they wont be able to spend the winter together.Poor Rainbow Dash and Tank just looks so heart broken about it too. :(

I must admit. Seeing Rainbow Dash cry made me feel very sorry for her. I know that feel when you think you may not see somepony else you love ever again. You know what they say: The longer you stay together, the sadder the part.

Look at her. The feels are strong in this clip...and back then I didn't expect Rainbow Dash to cry that much. Poor pegasus...

post-20535-0-05141700-1441912565_thumb.png

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 1

Poor Dashie. In spite of how tough she appears, she's really a softy on the inside when it comes to the ones she values most. Even though her clinginess caused a lot of trouble, I got a big hit of feels when I saw how emotionally hard it was for her to let someone go. Luckily, Tank IS a tortoise and they've been known to outlive their owners!

I cried in this episode, almost from the heartbreaking RD scene but when twighlight is accused of being the only one not crying and AJ says "I cry on the inside,". and fluttershy's sudden harshness when she tells RD that her winter was going to be petless! I also think she is a softie on the inside to those close to her beacuse of her loyalty and she feels like she is abandoning them, aslo could explain her clingy ness. but this episode gave me the feels man 

I cri every tim     :(

Edited by Chewbroccali

sig-4034577.Rainbow_Dash_crying_hysteric

I must admit. Seeing Rainbow Dash cry made me feel very sorry for her. I know that feel when you think you may not see somepony else you love ever again. You know what they say: The longer you stay together, the sadder the part.

Look at her. The feels are strong in this clip...and back then I didn't expect Rainbow Dash to cry that much. Poor pegasus...

I cried in this episode, almost from the heartbreaking RD scene but when twighlight is accused of being the only one not crying and AJ says "I cry on the inside,". and fluttershy's sudden harshness when she tells RD that her winter was going to be petless! I also think she is a softie on the inside to those close to her beacuse of her loyalty and she feels like she is abandoning them, aslo could explain her clingy ness. but this episode gave me the feels man 

I cri every tim     :(

For some reason part of me felt sorry for her but the other half just felt like saying: "Oh shut up you stupid bitch."

I don't get why you guys feel so bad for her. Rainbow Dash is a terrible character most of the time. And this isn't the first time she's treated her friends like crap when they were only trying to help her. But I probably shouldn't get started on that.