Did you like it?  

343 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Probably best episode of the season for me...I mean...wow...

I'm still reeling...

• Brohoof 4

I liked it.
– Straight up five stages of grief
– Got to hear Dashie sing again
– More confirmation for Dashie being the clingy one
– I'm a big weatherpony fan, so all those pegasi and Cloudsdale bits were great fun!
– "I can't bear to see Fluttershy cry" and "Applejack cries on the inside!" "Its true"

– Though I have to admit, dat game of thrones reference felt a bit forced.

Good premise, good jokes, okay song that served its purpose yet featured Dashie so its great, and plenty of good faces. So, I give this episode a clingyRainbowDash/10

• Brohoof 4

New headcanon: Starlight Glimmer used lightning jars to hold the cutie mark, since both are very powerfull and hard to hold.

Great episode, favorite of the season so far, but the reference was meh to me, little bit to wink at the camera

Anyways as for the continuity issues, it's obviouls. Twilight's castle is clearly a TARDIS and is leaking chronoradiation onto the surrounding countryside making it Tank's first winter! 

Headcanon based of this episode Number 3 accepted.

• Brohoof 1

I am at present still at a loss for words. I may be for sometime. This was one of the best presented and executed episodes I have seen this show produce. When the emotions settle this will likely be the best Rainbow Dash episode and fit snuggly near the the top of my all time list. It is still too early to tell, but damn it man ... Cindy Morrow and Ms. Ball ... that was a masterclass. 

• Brohoof 11

I think Fluttershy will finally stop being pathetic. Unfortunately, all the Mane Six are good so far. Rainbow Dash was desperate in this episode. Of course, we don't know how she feels because we barely saw Tank, but it's different for her. You know how some parents can't let their children go? They want their children to stay with them even though they know that their children need to grow up? That's how Rainbow Dash is. 

• Brohoof 2

So... As I wrote earlier:

• RD solo song: check
  • Game of Ponies: check
  • Wilhelm strikes back! : check

Yeah, I think there are not so many things left to make MLP the best series ever (well, it actually IS, but even better)

I thought this was a good episode, in part because of how it portrayed the five stages of grief. (Denial = Refusing to believe Tank needs to hibernate, Anger = Her freakout at her friends, Bargaining = Trying to stop winter to keep Tank awake, Depression = Her... depression, and Acceptance)

• Brohoof 5

This is my favorite episode of the season so far. The Game of Thrones reference, Rainbow Dash's face when she talks about stopping winter, Rainbow Dash wearing Tank slippers while Tank wears Rainbow Dash slippers, and the biggest crying scene in MLP:FiM.

• Brohoof 2

We saw MA Larson tweeted an apology about something that was going to happen in this episode and that was it.

He was talking about the GoT reference. Note his new Twitter display name. ;)

• Brohoof 2

Wowww, I cried so much when Rainbow Dash burst out crying. Poor girl, I just wanted to climb through my computer screen to hug her!

Is it just me or is this Rainbow Dash's best episode? I liked her characterization here more than any other episode and it was heart-wrenching to see her so miserable.

Actually, not just RD's best episode... and not just the best episode of the season... but maybe even the best episode of all time. It had fantastic animation, voice acting, visuals, a cool song, great jokes/references, and it made me cry more than any other episode ever. <3

• Brohoof 6

I thought it was a very good episode, as good as the previous one. But again, we have got better episodes.

I liked the song, the references (Winter is coming lmao), the 3 ponies dialogue, and Rainbow Dash was great throughout the whole episode.

I just thought the crying scene at the end was a bit too long... :/

Now I wonder if the next episodes will take place on Winter or not?

• Brohoof 1

As for me for Season 5 here's my order of episode:

1. Bloom And Gloom
  2. The Cutie Map
  3. Tanks For The Memories
  4. Castle Sweet Castle

This episode was great but no better than cutie map and bloom because of the few flaws

Edited by ObliveonRapt0rBr0ny
  • Brohoof 2

I absolutely loved that episode. There is no second guessing this one like I did with the last two.

I was thinking about the Game of Thrones pretty much the entire episode before Twilight outright referenced it. I loved Rainbow Dash's song, first solo if I'm not mistaken. It was actually a bit hard to see Rainbow cry the way she did (still gotta show love for original favorite pony.) Although it came with feels, I loved how Fluttershy straight up told Rainbow that her pet is making a temporal leave.  My favorite episode of season 5 so far gets a 9/10.

Edited by JRex95
  • Brohoof 2

My favourite parts were when Fluttershy was just plain blunt to RD and also Pinkie's quote, "She cries on the inside." Great episode.

This episode was packed to the rafters with quotable one-liners. I'll probably be making references for a while. Oh, and Dashie wants a Tank zippysack.  ;)

• Brohoof 2

My favourite parts were when Fluttershy was just plain blunt to RD and also Pinkie's quote, "She cries on the inside." Great episode.

Also great consistency with her after her growth and lessons from last season. Fluttershy, Pinkie, and AJ had great moments in this ep. 

• Brohoof 1

This ain't flying with me. With the exception of season one, seasons two onwards have been in direct seasonal continuity from one to the other. May the Best Pet Win! took place a few episodes before HWE. The one line in the prologue and complete lack of maturity over the situation immediately spoil the story.

Make like Elsa and let it go! The plot hole never bothered me anyway. It didn't stop the song from being awesome; it didn't stop Dash's expressions from being hilarious and memorable! and it certainly didn't change the ending!

Besides, the majority of episode take place during the Spring or Summer. Only a few episodes took place during the fall or winter. And when did they say the episodes within the same Series season HAD to take place in order.

• Brohoof 2

I still can't believe what all happened in this episode. Just trying to recap everything that happened. I know I got to watch it again when it comes out on youtube. 

• Brohoof 1

Gets a 9/10 from me it was very heartwarming overall and rainbow dash solo song was awesome and I haven't seen a season 5 episode so far that I didn't like

Edited by Shadowking58
  • Brohoof 3

There's only one word to describe this episode: WAAAAAAAHHHAHAHAHAAAAAA~  :(

Seriously, holy crap was that depressing. I wasn't expecting much from this episode based on the synopsis, but man oh man did Larson drive the feels express full throttle. I mean, Dash went through the five stages of grief sprinkled with glorious faces, a fantastic solo number and... a complete breakdown. Good lord did Larson knock it out of the park.

A shame the streams lagged for me, 'cause I missed one of the best faces I've seen in this series.882321__safe_solo_rainbow+dash_animated_

What else can I say? Honestly.

• Brohoof 6

Everypony down in Ponyville liked winter a lot, but Rainbow Dash who lived just north of Ponyville did not, so Rainbow Dash did a grinch move, and tried and failed to stop the season from coming, in an attempt to keep her pet tortoise Tank from slumbering for the winter, and this episode was funny, Rainbow Dash has such an expressive face, I can't wait to see fan art on Deviant art. As someone who volunteers with wolves and wolf dogs, I know people think they can manage their needs, although dogs descended from grey wolves, they are different from each other, so they try to get the animal to submit to their human's needs, but they do resist and must be respected, I have meet people like Rainbow Dash, who try to get their pets to go against their nature, yet it the battle of wills, the animals will do want come natural, regardless of our interference. Like the grinch, Rainbow Dash tries to stop winter first as it arrives, then she goes to Cloudsdale to stop it at the source, like Dee Dee in Dexter's Laboratory Rainbow Dash wrecks the lab, and creates a enormous snow ball, that explodes in a mushroom cloud, ushering winter in Ponyville, in the end Rainbow Dash had to except Tank hibernating for the winter, as Fluttershy told her bluntly, and with the reasurance of the other ponies, Rainbow Dash has a good cry, and a great moment. I like the song she sings in this episode, it kind of reminds me of the grinch song, You're a mean one Rainbow Dash, it has that sort of playfulness as she tried to stop winter, overall, this episode was fun, and the animation here is great as Rainbow Dash was put through the laboratory, and the giant snow ball, plus we get continuity from Fall Weather Friends, so Rainbow Dash has to let Tank sleep, and be a good friend to her tortoise, and with the mane six for support, I think Rainbow Dash has learned to be a responsible pet owner.

• Brohoof 3