Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

rainbow rocks Is Sonata really that evil?

Chara

Look I know she's part of the dazzling's and that she can Hypnotize people. But does she just seem like a nice girl in a way? I don't know but all I don't know is if there's an Equestria Girls 3 would she turn nice just like Sunset shimmer did? 

• Brohoof 7

Nah, I think she's just hanging with the wrong people. I bet she would be a really nice gal if she was around the girls more often. :)

• Brohoof 12

first of there is a confimered EqG3 coming out in this fall, expect a trailer in the summer maybe at comicon or something and is Sonata evil? well i always considered her chaotic netrual or a netrual evil..

and yes Sonata desrves some sort of redeptiton unlike her friends but then again she was co operaring with the Dazzlings willfuly, knowing she is causing harm on earth...

• Brohoof 5

Is anyone in life truly evil? Or is it how they chose their path that determines their weighing? I say Sonata is just with the wrong crowd. There are cues that suggest that she is a kind hearted person trapped in a cruel game involving survival of the fittest. Maybe she is with those she associates with because of her awkwardness in general life, or maybe she doesn't know how to make proper friends. Who knows? At heart no one is truly evil, they can be dark hearted, but truly evil? No. Demons are the only known truly evil force in the universe.

Nah, I think she's just hanging with the wrong people. I bet she would be a really nice gal if she was around the girls more often. :)

I agree with you on this. If you look at EQG like real life, there are always going to be cliques. It's more or less survival of the fittest and it ends up making people chose between being picked on and being part of the 'in' crowd.

• Brohoof 5

Does this answer your question?  :derp:

sonata_dusk_excited_by_lisan1997-d81gpfx

its to damn adorable!!! i am feeling weak, also i always considered Sonata like a reverse Pinkie Pie like a Evil Pinkie Pie but with her same perosnality, just watch Rainbow Rocks, when Snips and Snails were rapping they were the only ones dacing to the rap

• Brohoof 4

Just because she's an adorable ditz doesn't make her any less evil here. She knew what she was doing, and she went along with Adagio with even less arguing than Aria. The way she smiled and grinned during the musical segments kinda highlight that, IMO.

• Brohoof 11

Thanks Everypony for the replys i was just wondering because something came up into my mind saying "Is Sonata really evil" and I wanted help making up my mind. Thanks Everypony

@SunsetMaster LOL I was feeling very weak to I was staring at its adorableness for like 5 or 10 minutes.

• Brohoof 2

She is evil, but as a ditz, she could easily be swayed to the good side. in "End of Flutter Valley" Draggle is tricked into helping the ponies. She's not exactly intelligent. That could happen with Sonata. She may choose the good side for some time, but she will then go back to being evil. So the fact that she's not very bright could help her be redeemed, but as of now, she is evil. 

• Brohoof 1

I see her as hanging out with the wrong people and then slowly beginng to enjoy her actions because she was taught that way by her friends . In my eyes she's not thst evil mostly mislead . The way I see it her ditzy less then evil personally makes me pit her in the age catogorey as the hyenas from lion King . Stupid , cute and gullible therefore lead to believe bad is good .

• Brohoof 1

While I am getting sort of tired of the whole "villains reforming" thing I think it would actually be sort of nice to see Sonata end up changing. She honestly did not seem as bad as the other 2. Plus she's also so adorable.

Edited by Asbel Lhant
  • Brohoof 2

The only excuse I could see, and it's really a negative one.  If she's too stupid to be aware of the hurt she causes, then she isn't evil.  Otherwise she's deliberately hurting others for personal profit.

This wouldn't preclude eventually deciding that she wanted to be better.  But during RR she's evil. 

I did read this one fic that depicted Sonata with a very unsettling kind of evil. Despite her malicious intent, she would act "stupid and cute" about it and most other things. That type of evil character rustles my jimmies, personally. However, she is a siren, after all.

I could be wrong. That fic could be wrong. Unless we see Sonata making any sort of appearance set after Rainbow Rocks, then the answers are all in our heads and we are left with speculation and animated body language.

• Brohoof 1

She is evil, she was born evil regardless of how she acts. lol Don't let her outter appearence fool you, she will eat your face. Did you see how she bumped sunset shimmer in the dark hallway.

• Brohoof 4

She is evil, she was born evil regardless of how she acts. lol Don't let her outter appearence fool you, she will eat your face. Did you see how she bumped sunset shimmer in the dark hallway.

Yeah, she's a funny ditz, but she's a really nasty funny ditz

Yeah, she's a funny ditz, but she's a really nasty funny ditz

She is definfetly the most deadly out of the 3 of them. She can taste the incorrectly amount of grape juice used for fruit punch, inside apple cider!

Edited by SoGxTrixie
  • Brohoof 1

I think Adagio and Aria influenced her and even pressured her to act like an antagonist. Sonata is just hanging out with the wrong people.

That. Maybe I'm just biased because Sonata's my fav of the group, but she certainly seems clueless enough that she'd turn around once she properly understands friendship and stuff.

• Brohoof 1