Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Name a song that has given you feels

The real PON-3

A lot of pony songs give me feels.  "Celestia's Ballad", "Welcome to the Show", etc.

I listen to a lot of musical soundtracks and those can give me a lot of feels.  I've sung along to "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Mis on more than one occasion when I was feeling blue.

Also, "My Immortal" gives me all the feels.  Though I'm not even sure what that song means and I don't really know what the feeling it gives me is.

• 2 weeks later...

Music of the Night sung by Colm Wilkinson

I didn't know the song belonged to when I heard it on the radio, but holy crap did it deliver feels. It was one of those rare moments I turned up the volume.

• Brohoof 1

Tons outside of the rap genre give me feels and those are usually the songs I talk about in these sorts of threads. I'm going to take a different route this time. I'm usually not looking for feels when I listen to rap. I tend to turn to rap when I'm angry or frustrated, or when I'm just really determined and need a boost in confidence and energy. All of the rap I listen to is negative but I'm used to it. 

But a rap song that I just discovered recently that's given me extreme feels is Detroit vs Everybody [explicit] by Royce Da 5' 9'', Big Sean, Danny Brown, Dej Loaf, Eminem, and Trick Trick. I've been a huge fan of Royce, Em and Trick Trick for a long time but the other artists are new to me. But they're absolutely fantastic. Big Sean's verse in this song is just masterful. It's really chill but just keeps building up and he ends up going really hard. Danny Brown is just awesome. I've never heard anything like his style before and I love it. Dej Loaf is awesome too.

The subject matter of this song really touches me and the masterful construction of every verse really drives it home. Life is hard and these people just openly rap about their experiences. It's not fun or pretty but I don't care. I appreciate honesty.

• Brohoof 2

The end of this suite has brought me to tears before without any outside context:

With outside context, I did have one that hit me hard recently, though. I was going through the YouTube channel of an incredibly talented oboe/English horn/wind performer that performs arrangements of VGM, and I ran into this one:

It hit me like a brick. When I was much younger, when I'd go over to my grandparents house, my grandma had the movie/special that this song came on VHS and I remember her playing it for me a lot.

Her and my grandpa are both gone now. T.T Oh my gosh, it can hit so hard. T.T

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 2

I think the big one for me, at least right now, is one of Coheed and Cambria's newest tracks called "Here To Mars". I get really emotional over new Coheed stuff in general, but this one has a really powerful song, and it's the first legitimate love song Coheed and Cambria have ever released, even with the apologetic lyrics. The bridge especially gets the tears going for me, particularly at the end. I am eagerly awaiting the day when I can look my partner in the eye and tell them, "You're my everything from here to Mars."

Leslie Fish, singing the wonderful Ballad of Sam Jones.

I've always loved my ballads, and when I first heard this song I remember somebody asking me what was wrong. I apperiantly was staring off into space, looking like I was about to cry.

You know, this medly here is probably going to make me cry my eyes out every day for the rest of my life. Especially as more songs are added as the series continues.

• 1 month later...

A penny for my thoughts, oh no, I'll sell them for a dollar!
They're worth so much more after I'm a goner.
And maybe then you'll hear the words I've been singing.
Funny when you're dead how people start listening...

I mean c'mon... >o<

I gave you everything I had, but it wasn't enough.
I wasn't enough some how...
I gave you my heart, but you wanted more from me.
So you took bit by bit, so I couldn't see.
So many games were played, and I'm still amazed that you made me doubt, everything I believe.
But it's over now and I can finally breathe, I wish you all the happiness, the happiness you seek.

When I think of you now, I can't help but to get down.
A fool who couldn't see all the ways you were using me.
And you beat me down so far that I nearly drowned...

Can't not mention this one ^^'