Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Name a song that has given you feels

The real PON-3

(edited)

Somewhere else on this forum, I've mentioned that Back to the World by Curtis Mayfield is my favorite song of all time, probably mostly because the memories it brings back of becoming a brony at the near end of seventh grade - which might not have been the best time of my life at the time because it's when my anxiety started, but the memory of that and eighth grade are one big memory for me and have somehow topped the list of happiest memories of my life. Eighth grade was fine though because I was on medication for anxiety. :-P

Fast forward to a few weeks ago, probably a little over four years after I became a brony. I had asked to be driven by the house I lived in while going to this school I mentioned. I had the Curtis Mayfield collection, including the CD with my favorite song off an album of the same name. I intentionally put it on as we were going there. Timing couldn't have been better. We passed by, turned in the neighbor's driveway, and passed back as the song's end came. There were almost tears. Sorry I turned this into a rant about my memories, but it needs to be explained at least a little for you to get it. It's also important to note that this song can usually make me feel a certain way unless I think too hard about it.

Edited by Eazyfries

The songs that have given me the feels are:

- Destiny's Union: Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep OST

- The Letter: The Town OST

- Simple and Clean Orchestra: Kingdom Hearts OST

- Friends Forever: Pokemon X and Y OST

Rammstein - Striped (a Depeche Mode cover)

The Black Mages - Dancing Mad (wait for the epic guitar solo towards the end- amazing)

Johnny Cash - Hurt (NIN cover)

Covers aren't just imitations. They can take on a life of their own, exceeding even the original artist's vision for them. Music, literature, and culture in general is constantly building on the foundations of what came before. Artists of all stripes constantly draw inspiration from the arts that exist around them. And, in the case of these songs, they are profoundly beautiful and moving.