Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Do You Consider Cheating?

Venomous

So, what do you consider to be cheating?

Does your partner have to be caught full-fledged being intimate with someone else in order for it to be cheating? Or is them simply flirting with someone else considered cheating?

• Brohoof 2

Well, cheating would be if some dick uses cheat codes when playing a game online instead of using actual skill and...

Oh, we're talking that kind of cheating  :lol: 

Just the typical dating and or seriously flirting with someone behind the partner's back. Jokingly flirting is okay but serious flirting? No no.

• Brohoof 2

Well, cheating would be if some dick uses cheat codes when playing a game online instead of using actual skill and...

Oh, we're talking that kind of cheating  :lol: 

Just the typical dating and or seriously flirting with someone behind the partner's back. Jokingly flirting is okay but serious flirting? No no.

Joke flirting can be fun, I do it to some of my online friends all the time :D

• Brohoof 2

Depends? Is flirting okay? If your partner is aware of it and fine with it and you don't go further than that, then I don't see a problem. Is serious intimacy okay? Same rules apply.

Basically, cheating is doing anything like that with another person that your partner is either not aware of, not okay with, or both. So, it'd be different for every couple. Though I'd say some light flirting isn't close to being as bad as physical intimacy, though still a problem if it really makes your partner uncomfortable.

• Brohoof 2

When the other one (the one that is 'cheating?) knows what he is doing might hurt his/her boy/girlfriend and that what he is doing is wrong. 

"Cheating" is a stupid word because being close to someone isn't a game. But the idea behind it is true. It's about deception and lies. People that betray the dignity of their relationship are just the worst. Any kind of deception should be denounced. The particular actions don't matter really. Only the emotional trauma.

• Brohoof 3

If somebody flirts with someone else whilst dating/married, or having physical intimate relations. Some people just suck at relationships. If you're committed, your freaking committed, You wanted to be with that person, don't take him/her for granted after all they've done for you. :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 1

"Cheating". Obviously any kind of sexual intercourse with other person, even small one. Passionate kissing also is cheating for me. I don't mind hugging others though or even innocent kiss on cheek. 

Also something known as "cyber sex". Sure it does not include any physical interaction with other person, but after what my dad almost led to with this shit - I am not going to accept it.

BUT first there's important question with cheating - why did someone do that? Way too often people simply assume the girl was a "wh..re" or guy was "f..ing dick" when - in fact it was the one who got cheated on who caused it by:

-very bad attitude

-in worst cases being abusive

-keeping his/her partner in "cage". 

If that's the case I can't blame someone for cheating - because then it is nothing, but trying to run away from stress caused by relationship that turned into hell. 

I think it depends on what's okay with the other person. My partner is okay with playful flirting. I believe it becomes cheating when something more than a hug has happened. Unless something like a kiss on the cheek with a really close friend

I think it depends on culture/what the other person is comfortable with

For most people, nothing more than friendliness for anyone but the one you are in a relationship with. So in this, it's fair to say that being intimate with another is cheating. These are things that should be worked out early on in a relationship though, how friendly you can be with others. You may think it's an unspoken rule of some sort, but it actually isn't. Some people take offense if you just go to the movies with another girl/boy/something.

But in other cases couples are completely fine with more "open" relationships and intimacy with others, so long as their heart stays true (because sex/kissing/something similar is not the only part of a relationship) to the one they're with. 

• Brohoof 1

When it's a conscious and intentional violation of the trust and bond one put into their relationship, done without the knowledge of the other. Seriously, don't pretend like you still love someone if you really don't give a heck anymore. At least come straight with them and minimize the pains for everyone.

• Brohoof 2

All they have to do is breath and I consider it cheating.  :P

not really. I don't know. If they eat eggs without me i'd have to leave them.

What I consider cheating is when you see your partner like holding hands, or really bad flirting, I mean a little flirting is ok with me but if you do it a ton its a bother to me. And some may be messing around with friends (Like I do sometimes) But most of the time you can tell the difference. But you gotta give them some space X3 not at all a jealous type really...

There is a sliding scale for it. Basically it's anything that you wouldn't be doing if your significant other was standing next to you at the time. That's obviously going to vary from one relationship to another-but it's impossible to put together a list of excluded behaviours, as everyone has a different definition of what's acceptable in their particular relationship.

• Brohoof 1

If someone is accused of cheating!

EX person A; is Accused of cheating at a card game,

(It was made clear the rules the player would play on, at the start of the game) 

someone from outside of the game accuses player

A of cheating based or giving no explanation on what was the cheat!

Now>> 

Lets understand that the game rules are shared by the people in that game!

who would you consider the black sheep?

I think it all depends on the context of the situation. Flirting is somewhat of a gray area, because people flirt to be friendly, as well as romantically. It's indistinguishable because of that.

Now, engaging in a romantic relationship with someone other than your significant other is cheating. You emotionally vested yourself with your boyfriend/girlfriend/fiancé/spouse. I can understand that you may have grown apart from one another, but it's foolish, irresponsible, and disrespectful, to not talk to your significant other about what's going on, and ending the relationship, before moving on to another person.

The message is simple: be honest with yourself and your significant other. Cheating on them accomplishes absolutely nothing. If things aren't working out, try to resolve it, seek professional aid, or even take a break.

my last relationship went weird.

My ex ignored me for a week and veeeery subtly was hitting on a mutual friend/associate of ours.

Meanwhile, I was making (ONLY) friends with another chick who somehow had a huge crush on me.

BOTH of us saw what the other was doing as something bad, sort of like cheating, but neither of us really cheated.

So there are boundaries in my mind. I think one would have to take things pretty far with someone else.