Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you a kin?

NinjaPomeranian

I finally found out today why I had  a really...strong connection to a character,so I decided to make a topic to hopefully meet other kin friends :D

Otherkin,fictionkin(like I happen to be) or whatever.It doesnt matter,youre free to share your story and everything :)

So...to what are you kin? :fluttershy:  Dont hesitate to tell,I wont judge one bit~ :grin2:

P.S. if you dont know what otherkin and the liking are,Google is your friend.

Also even if you dont understand it,there is no need to judge.

And dont be rude to somebody here.This topic is meant to make my fellow kin friends come out of their shell,tell me who they are kin to and the liking.Not for you to judge,mkay? >_>

I,for one,am kin to Rainbow Dash ;)

• Brohoof 4

Hmm.  Well, I skimmed the otherkin wiki page.  Not that familiar with all of this.  It doesn't really sound like me, but I often wish I wasn't human.  I would almost always rather be some other sentient, fictional race, like the ponies for example.  I also regularly fantasize about non-human mates, usually Khajit from Elder Scrolls.  So, I don't know if that counts or what.

• 5 years later...

Sounds Australian to me. Next kin. Next of kin... Nah, now it sounds like normal U.S. English.

Google doesn't want to help me either.

If you are asking if I am related to a pony, well I am a pony (see my About Me page for details).

• Brohoof 1

When I first came across otherkin a few years ago I was definetly sure that was me, however life got in the way of me being able to acnoledge my kin (Shetland Pony), and then eventually forgetting about otherkin, however now more recently I've started going back to thinking that I am otherkin, and I think I have 2 kins, a wolf/husky hybrid, and a shetland pony

• 1 month later...

Uhh, yes... I am a kin.

I kin Fluttershy, because I strongly relate to her.

Rainbow Dash, cuz I'm a hella Tomboy.

Applejack, because I'm from Texas and have a slight southern accent.

Derpy, because I'm clumsy as f*ck and can be ditzy myself.

and Gallus, because I can be sarcastic, and act way too cool sometimes.

I've thought about this loads, I think I kin with my own ponysona Pastel Heart and also Konata Izumi from Lucky Star! I'm not really sure if it's just a coping mechanism or something deeper for me though

Well the only pony I kin is Tempest Shadow. Who my canon unfortunately had it worse than the movies one. But my tumblr and blog here has my other kin types. I’m also kind of questioning another. 👉👈

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dash showed me the way, so... Pegasus here. Took me a long time to get to this point, where there was anything in any universe I felt a really strong connection to; the only exception is Superman but that's specifically because I felt as displaced as he did. I stopped feeling human in my teen years and that feeling never went away.

Just a boring human here. I really have to say that I don't understand kins at all as my brain fails to process that some people actually believe that they aren't human.

[ Ruby ]

actually, yes! our system has always been almost entirely nonhuman and we typically consider ourselves to be more nonhuman than human, so we identify as otherkin. We aren't exactly polykin though, and we're mostly kin on individual levels (like I'm a nuckelavee in the system and consider myself nuckelaveekin, but no one else in the system is a nuckelavee). I think we may have a few mlpkin? but I'm the only equine who fronts afaik. 

a lot of us are also otherlinkers (where we choose nonhuman/fictional identities) and otherhearted (where we feel strongly connected to/identify with something nonhuman/fictional), but I personally am not either of those! though checking in with the people in co-front apparently we have a huge alterhuman connection to changelings without it being kin, we definitely identify with them and a few of us voluntarily identify as our sona, not to mention our daemon's been taking a changeling for for the past few weeks! 

we could also explain the concept to anyone curious, alterhuman stuff in general is a big interest of ours (we've written essays on it + participated in studies)! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've read a bit on this subject and some of it rings with me, and It might help explain why I was called back to the fandom by some weird gut feeling, and why thoughts about changelings in particular seem to not leave my mind. It was an unexplained phenomena to me, but this helped. I already believe in reincarnation and know my mind served the roman army at some point, (my brother has had past life memory awakening done with my mom, and he identified me as having served in the legion with him) so I might have had an incarnation as a changeling at one point or another, considering the vastness of the multiverse.

• 4 months later...