Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Fallen Canterlot [Title Pending] (An Adventure/Action/Possibly Dark RP)

SilverHeart

Roleplay Thread: War flail. (I just realized I have that exact same flail. It's my latest purchase though it doesn't look anywhere near as new.)

Wing-Blades: Blades worn on the wings of Pegasi so that they can either fly-by and cut enemies down or fight on the ground using their wings as an equivalent of swords. This is a pegasi only weapon

The Lance: The lance requires a harness but is otherwise exactly like its real-life counter part. It's mainly suited to Guerrilla tactics and requires forward momentum to be useful. I wouldn't recommend going with this but if you want to feel free.

Tailed-Blades/Wires/Whips: This would be a weapon that is also tied into the tail. I imagine it would be most effective with a Pegasus but I don't see why any of the species couldn't use it. This would be used as a bladed alternative to the Tail Mace above. Here's an example picture of what it would look like: Ethunu_kaduwa

Telekinetic Weapons: If you couldn't tell by the name, these are weapons for Unicorns. These would basically be any weapon that a Unicorn could use with their telekinesis, whether that be a sharp shard of metal, a small weight, a blade, a spike, or anything else you can think of. An idea I had something to do with crystals that would be used as slash at and stab into enemies. 

Talismans and Magical Fetishes: While I'll explain what these are used for in the actual Roleplay any pony can use these.

Magic: A Unicorn only ability that ties into their special talent.

If you guys have any suggestion or questions on weapons feel free to ask. I know the above categories are pretty broad but I think that allows for a fair bit of creativity.

Players:

Evilshy as:

Name: Sillic (Sil for short). Comes from silica, the main component of common glass.

Race: Unicorn

Age: I assume pony ages are analogous to human ages? So like... 38ish?

Appearance: White coat, with a light blue mane and tail, with some grey streaks. He claims they've always been there and that his mane is not going grey, but those who have known him for a long time would swear he has more grey than he used to. His eyes are also light blue.

Backstory: Sillic born to a glassblower. His family, while not wealthy, was not particularly poor; they had enough to get by without too much trouble. When he was old enough, he apprenticed to his father and found he had a natural talent to working with glass, especially molding it into normally difficult shapes as it cooled, allowing him to do with magic what a normal blower would need years of practice to accomplish. He also greatly enjoyed fusing colored glass together in his spare time to make intricate designs, and would occasionally make jewelry. He also worked with his mother in the shop, selling what he and his father made, as well as repairing broken glassware that ponies brought it.
Early in his teens, his parents left on a trip to sell glass at a large merchant fair, leaving Sillic at home to take care of any customers who happened by, but since anybody who was looking to buy would be at the merchant fair, he kept to his room above the shop, working on his own projects. Thinking the place empty, a few ponies broke into the shop to steal some of the more valuable pieces, which got Sillic's attention. He went back down and confronted the thieves, who tried to escape by throwing things and breaking a window. Without thinking much, and not wanting to break even more of his family's stock, Sillic used his magic to send shards of broken glass at them, which cut them up a bit. Scared by the fact that Sillic actually hurt them, they dropped what they had and focused on getting out.
The thieves were an earth and pegasus pony, which has left him with a distrust of the two races. This compounds the regular racist undertones in most of unicorn society.
Seeing as he was a young stallion when this happened, he was shaken but still thought fighting was pretty cool. His parents supported him in the decision to train under unicorn fighters who actually use telekinetic weapons, as it could come in handy if somebody else broke in. To fight, he shapes glass into blades and uses them as a normal telekinetic fighter would. He prefers glass because he already has experience working with it, and it means his weapons are easily concealed as completely regular things.
In his mid twenties, Sillic went back to take over the family business, and became fairly well known among those in similar professions for his creations. He still practices combat in his free time, but doesn't have much real experience. He's been doing this until around the present day.
He also enjoys drinking wine and other more high end alcohols. He's been quoted as saying "If I make a quality bottle, I want a quality drink to put in it."

Cutie Mark and what it means: A piece of glass, red hot in the middle, one side being a broken shard and the other being a vase. Shows his talent for shaping glass, as well as his enjoyment of fighting.

Special Skills or Knowledge: Stuff related to glass and its creation. Knowledge of economics and bartering, seeing as he's also a merchant. Amateur knowledge of alcohol (he doesn't know how to make drinks, but he knows the good from the bad and could identify some by taste).

Profession:
Glass maker and merchant. He lives there.

Inventory: I guess nothing?

Preferred Starting weapon: Some quality bottles should suffice

Gloomfury as:

Name: Gloomfry

Race:Earth pony

Appearance:Rosewood coat,mane jet black shoulder length in a unkempt ponytail,lifeless gold colored eyes and a griffin claw scar on the left side of his face. And his teeth are like a humans but sharper like a dogs.
Backstory: He was found as a baby and was raised by griffons. Mainly his mother. He joined the griffon military when he was 18 and served till he was discharged for disobeying orders from his commanding officer. Normally they would execute someone for that along with what followed after he disobeyed the order. But because he was one of the best they just discharged him.

Cutie Mark: He has no cutie mark. But when he was younger he tried many things to try and get it. Now he doesn't see the point in having one.

Any Social Skills or Knowledge: Thanks to is search for his cutie mark he learn many skills. Most not that hard to learn. Cooking, sewing, playing a musical instruments, hunting, tracking, servile techniques. Some knowledge about botany and alchemy to make things from plants. And he also know quick first aide in battle. He also knows how to sail ships and read maps. Along with that also has knowledge in a few kinds of combat. And that's about it.

Profession: Mercenary, bounty hunter, tracker, body guard.

Inventory:He usually has a combat knife strapped to his left forelegs. It was a gift from his mother so it very important to him. He also has a saddle bag with normal stuff like a water bladder, dyed or salted meat and veggies, throwing knives, rope, two sharpening stones. But he also has a black dagger that can't be touched by magic. It was forged by one friend who's a blacksmith and inchanted by another friend who is a pretty strong unicorn.

But he ain't a Marry Sue. He has a few weaknesses. He gets depressed and shows a very self destructive attitude. So he's mostly likly to be up for a suicide mission. He drinks and smokes a lot so he's not a 100% most of the time. And her has a really, really mean temper, kinda like the Hulk. Though he doesn't get bigger or turn green. But he douse get a bit of a strength increase, So it's kind hard to calm him down when he gets like that. But he has a very long fuse so he doesn't get mad a lot. Mostly irritated or annoyed.

Windbreaker as:

Name: Phantom Dancer

Race: Pegasus

Appearance: Phantom is of average height, but his build is very slim and toned. His medium length mane and tail are usually white, but he regularly applies different dyes to change its colour depending on his mood. His natural colour is grey, but he tends to apply dye to that as well. His eyes are bright green and have a slight shine to them, and his mane tends to drape in front of his face at times. He is often seen smiling. However, when he’s on a contract, he dresses in a dark purple cloak or coat and wears a white mask with a jagged red grin carved into it. Behind the mask, he has a completely emotionless expression.

Backstory: Phantom was a circus pony who wanted nothing more than to smile. With two sisters, a brother and his parents, Phantom knew he should be happy but he never really felt that way. He constantly felt lonely and depressed despite a loving family and being surrounded by other ponies. He always tried hard to master the routines his parents would go through and trained himself to be flexible. Eventually, he was given the chance to be part of the act and he felt happier, smiling for the first time, though it was short-lived and he went back to being his old self in no time.

One day, his parents were killed in an accident during an act, and Phantom had no idea how to deal with it, keeping it all inside where he thought it couldn’t hurt anypony. The result wasn’t pretty on the young colt. He became emotional and increasingly unstable, prone to moodswings and terrible bouts of violence. Eventually, he was sent to a mental clinic to be treated.

When he was released, he was saner, but definitely not the same. While he was at least happier and looked like he was happier, he started to seem like he was analysing everypony around him. Initially, he believed somepony messed with the net so his parents would die. He abandoned his old name and began to study alchemy, stealth, and the art of assassination.

Years later, what began as a circus pony’s quest for revenge had become a pony willingly hiring himself out as a hitpony. He’d taken up the name Phantom Dancer in reference to his coat and mane colours as well as his acrobatics and literal dancing, and was simply an assassin doing work for ponies who’d hire him. But life may have some surprises in store for him. Whether they will redeem or condemn this pony remains to be seen…

Cutie Mark and what it means: A grey smiling mask. It represents his neutral stance on morality, which often translates to his work as an assassin.

Any special Skills or Knowledge:
-Alchemy. He has a basic understanding of alchemy, usually putting this skill to work identifying common poisons or making a simple one of his own.
-Stealthy. He is capable of being quiet and discreet. However, he is not invisible and generally sticks to shadows and hiding places when he has the opportunity.
-Acrobatic fighting style. In the event Phantom is discovered, he resorts to an acrobatic style in order to remain a moving target and possibly escape or create a more advantageous situation. As a result, he is lightly armoured or unarmoured to preserve speed and freedom of movement.
-Average flyer. His flying ability is average and unsuited to high-speed flight for extended periods. He can use it for short bursts of speed to assist his acrobatics.
-Decent perception. He is able to notice some finer details more easily than others, which he often put to use to track his targets or other ponies or leads.
-Combat Pragmatist. If he possesses any sort of creed or ideals, none of them apply to combat. He will look for advantages and exploit them where and when he can.

Profession: Assassin.
Reason for being in Canterlot, assuming that your character doesn't live there: Seeking assassination contracts.

Inventory: Nothing
Preferred Starting weapon: Wingblades and Tail-whip.

Phantom Dancer
Level 1
Strength: 8
Dexterity: 14
Faith: 1
Intelligence: 12
Charisma: 12
Vigor: 7
Luck: 6

Physically, Phantom slightly weaker and less durable than the average pony. However, his intellect, agility and charisma make up for it, enabling him to try and get the advantage or element of surprise when he can, or if he successfully charms somepony, avoid conflict altogether. However, he actively avoids religion and, at least recently if not longer, has had a run of bad luck that he aims to correct through his other skills and abilities.

FortyTwo42 as:

Name: Ebony

Race: Bat Pony

Appearance: Has a dark green coat and dark yellow eyes. Her mane and tail are mostly black, but have some small green highlights.

Backstory: At a young age, Ebony had a slightly rebellious attitude. Once on a family trip to Canterlot, Ebony disobeyed her parents’ warning that the Everfree Forest was a dangerous place, and went in anyway. By a stroke of luck, she managed to wander deep into the forest without encountering any dangerous plants or animals. But her good luck didn’t last forever, and eventually she came across a group of timberwolves, which then chased her back out of the forest. She dropped a jewel she was carrying as she ran away. This jewel was very precious to her, as it was a gift from her mother, and since she was from the lower class of Nocturne, it was the only jewel she had.

When she returned, her parents quickly chastised her for going to the Everfree Forest, and also made it clear it’s too dangerous to go back to recover her jewel. But she wasn’t dissuaded. Once she returned home, she spent much of her time studying the Everfree Forest, mainly on how to stay safe from the creatures and plants within. After a few years, during another trip to Canterlot she returned to the forest and used her new knowledge to safely navigate it looking for her jewel. After a lot of searching, and some close encounters with other creatures in the forest, she eventually found her jewel. Her cutie mark appeared when she picked it up. That’s when she realized she had a knack for exploring dangerous areas few other ponies go.

Ebony’s parents worked for a higher-class mistress in Nocturne, and Ebony followed in their hoofprints. Once Ebony got her cutie mark, her parents quickly found a mistress to employ Ebony. As Ebony worked for her, over time they began to develop a close bond. Ebony’s mistress would often send her to run errands in Canterlot, since she knew Ebony liked to visit the Everfree Forest and it was very close to Canterlot.

Due to being very uncommon in cities like Canterlot, bat ponies are often treated poorly by other ponies, being considered a ‘sub-pony’ not deserving of respect like a real pony. This common attitude among such ponies has caused Ebony to dislike most non-bat ponies. If they won’t give her a chance, she doesn’t see why she should give them a chance either. Because of this, Ebony prefers to spend her time in the Everfree Forest than in Canterlot, since there are very few ponies to disturb her in the Everfree Forest. The main reason she’d enter Canterlot is to run errands for her mistress, and when she does she tries to complete them as quickly as possible so she can leave Canterlot as quickly as possible.

Cutie Mark and what it means: Cutie Mark and what it means: Two thorny vines side by side, to represent a path through a dangerous place. More generally, the cutie mark represents Ebony’s ability and passion for exploring dangerous natural areas.

Any special Skills or Knowledge: She's knowledgeable about dangerous animals and plants. She's good at picking up on signs that show something dangerous is nearby, and knows how to avoid them. She's also good at finding and picking out useful things in forests and similar places, like food. Because of these skills, she can act as a good scout for a team, especially since as a bat pony, she can fly and echolocate too. However, she's not very good in direct combat.

Profession: She works for a mistress at Nocturne. At the start of the RP, she has been sent to Canterlot to run some errands there for her, but she gets arrested for her cursed cutie mark while she’s there.

Inventory: As a prisoner with no roguish skills, she will have absolutely nothing. She would've probably tried unsuccessfully to sneak some fruit in with her.

Preferred Starting weapon: Tail whip.

Ebony

Level 1

Strength: 9 (She doesn't stay safe in the Everfree Forest by overpowering threats, so she hasn't built up her strength very much. But she's still worked on it a bit due to her chores back at Nocturne.)

Dexterity: 15 (Her main strategy to keeping safe in the Everfree Forest is to avoid and outmaneuver dangerous things, so she's become quite an agile pony.)

Faith: 6 (Doesn't really care much about religion. She doesn't see much merit in either believing or not believing in it.)

Intelligence: 12 (Her cunning is her second greatest weapon, sometimes allowing her to sneak around threats without them even knowing she's there.)

Charisma: 5 (She makes a poor liar, and would be quite hopeless at trying to convince other ponies to do things for her. Her only real strategy is to try scaring them and hope they fear bat ponies.)

Vigor: 5 (Since Ebony always tries to avoid danger, she typically never gets hit, so if she does get hit it's going to hurt a lot.)

Luck: 9 (Luck generally treats Ebony fairly, perhaps being a little bad occasionally, but nothing major.)

Golbez as:

Name: Cherry Bomb

Race: Pegasus

Age: I'm not even going to attempt trying to compare and calculate a ponies age to humans, but I would guess 23?

Appearance
Coat: Bright but a little dull brick red.
Mane and Tail: jet black with bright red streaks running through it.
Eyes: Light blue colour
Other: Has freckles upon her cheeks

Backstory:WIP

Cutie mark and what it means:
(I doubt fireworks would have been around in "Ye olden days" if Equestria, therefore...)
A song note caught on fire, it represents her talents as an entertainer and her excitable mannerism.

Skills and knowledge:
- Acrobatics. A mixture of Military basic training and frequent dancing has toned Cherry's body to be quite flexible, allowing her to be able to perform back-flips, somersaults and a variety of mid-air manouver.
-Songstress. As an Entertainer, Cherry can sing songs at any time, either by request or whenever she feels like it.
Depending on her mood, her singing can lift depressing moods from cheery songs, or inspire courage with songs about past victories.
She does have a tans city for singing at the worst possible moments however.
- Optamistic. Cherry is a very difficult pony to purposely get depressed, as she usually focuses on the feelings if others rather than her own.
Her Optamisum isn't unbreakable however given time, and when it does, usually it takes as much to break it in the first place to fix it again.

Profession:
Bard, Dancer, Singer, Entertainer
Reason for being in Canterlot:
Looking for work.

Inventory: If allowed, her lute, although she has a tenacity to bash drunken ponies over the head with it if they start getting too close and personal, otherwise, nothing.

Preferred starting weapon:
Wing blades, though she would be a novice to use them.

Scribblegroove as:

Edited by SilverHeart

The first (and original idea) was for this RP to take place after the unification of the Three Tribes into a single nation but before the Princesses came into power. This would mean there would be some racial tension in this roleplay.

UNICORNIA PREVAILS!

Been waiting to bring that phrase back. I vote for the first scenario.

I'm definitely very interested in this RP! I'll be keeping a close eye on this one! I vote for the first scenario. I'm liking the idea of introducing some racial tension in the RP since it will spice up some character relationships. Tensions are fun!

I'd like to join this RP with a new OC of mine, Ebony. Out of my 3 OCs, she definitely seems the most suited for adventure, exploration and combat. I'm also looking to try her out when I can because she's my newest OC. Although due to her being new, if you check her page now you'll see she's not actually 100% finished yet! But the only things missing are the backstory and the cutie mark (what the cutie mark should represent is decided, I just don't know what the mark should actually be. I'm still drawing a blank for the backstory though.). I think I've done enough for her that she can easily be used in RPs as she is, but I'll definitely do my best to finish her off before this RP starts. It shouldn't take too long if I focus on it for a little while, and this RP will give me a lot of motivation to do that!

Although before I actually use her, I'll need the DM to approve her, of course. Is Ebony fine, SilverHeart, or would you prefer me to make some changes to her first?

Also, PEGASOPOLIS IS SUPERIOR!

@@Evilshy,@@FortyTwo42,

Alright, so that's 2 for version 1. I was leaning toward Version 2 myself, though I can always do a second roleplay at a later date. I'll wait for one or two more votes though just to be sure.

I'll try writing up the rest of the OOC later tonight, assuming I get all my classwork done. If not I can try for tomorrow.

@@FortyTwo42,

As for your OC, the only thing I would ask is that you would maker her a pegasus instead of a batpony, since we don't know anything about the batponies at this part of the timeline, unless you want to come up with some cultural stuff or you believe them to be part of the Pegasus tribe. Personally I consider them to be a fourth pony tribe. Other than that I'd say I trust you enough that you wouldn't bring in a bad character or make them overpowered.

PS If I was any good at coming up with Cutie Marks I would make a suggestion, alas the only thing I'm worse at then Cutie Marks are names.

Hmm....interested....Vote for scenario two. I have played dark souls before and know it is just that good.

if you have an app we could fill out I can make a new chara for this.

Hello, thanks for the interest, I'll be completing the OOC either tonight or tomorrow. Sadly I just didn't have the time this morning to get it done. As for the app, while this is inject to change. Here's a rough draft of it.

Name

Race:

Appearance: (please at least list the coat, mane, and eye colors. I'm colorblind and looking at a picture does nothing for me.)

Backstory:

Cutie Mark:

Any Social Skills or Knowledge. (This prevents people from pulling things out of their flank by keeping them from saying that their Earth Pony has always been an astrologist, of course he would know the answer to the riddle.)

Profession:

Inventory: This should really be empty for most characters since they're all in a prison. Though if your character is a their or rogue-ish type character I will allow you to sneak one of two very small items in.

i think that might be enough for the application. Like I said its subject to change but that's most likely going to be it.

I also will not allow any OP characters. But feel free to have your character be a soldier or a guard.

@@FortyTwo42,

As for your OC, the only thing I would ask is that you would maker her a pegasus instead of a batpony, since we don't know anything about the batponies at this part of the timeline, unless you want to come up with some cultural stuff or you believe them to be part of the Pegasus tribe. Personally I consider them to be a fourth pony tribe. Other than that I'd say I trust you enough that you wouldn't bring in a bad character or make them overpowered.

PS If I was any good at coming up with Cutie Marks I would make a suggestion, alas the only thing I'm worse at then Cutie Marks are names.

I personally like bat ponies a lot, but I understand they don't always work well for RPs, so that's fine, switching her to a pegasus for this RP isn't a problem. I don't trust myself to come up with a good enough culture for Three Tribes-era bat ponies (I'm already struggling enough with just her backstory!), and I also consider them to be a fourth pony tribe so fitting in with pegasus doesn't sound like a nice solution to me either. Making her a pegasus is the easiest, simplest fix. The only differences I think that'll make off the top of my head is she won't be nocturnal and she can't echolocate; those are very minor changes and her personality remains completely intact.

That said, the idea of coming up with a culture for bat ponies and bringing them in as their own tribe sounds quite interesting if we could get it to work. I could imagine them perhaps being allies with the pegasi since they both have wings, or maybe they tend to keep to themselves in secluded areas which explains why they're rarely seen by they the other three tribes. I still say making Ebony a pegasus for this RP is probably the best way to go for now, but in case any of us come up with any good ideas, I think this is still something to keep in mind.

I better focus on finishing Ebony soon then! I'm too busy to do that today and possibly tomorrow, but soon I'll be sure to have a good brainstorm to hopefully come up with enough good ideas to finish her! I definitely want to make sure she's finished before we begin the RP.

Also, I think I should mention I don't know a thing about Dark Souls, but you have still given a lot of detail about the setting, so I think I'll still easily understand everything.

Edited by FortyTwo42

I personally like bat ponies a lot, but I understand they don't always work well for RPs, so that's fine, switching her to a pegasus for this RP isn't a problem. I don't trust myself to come up with a good enough culture for Three Tribes-era bat ponies (I'm already struggling enough with just her backstory!), and I also consider them to be a fourth pony tribe so fitting in with pegasus doesn't sound like a nice solution to me either. Making her a pegasus is the easiest, simplest fix. The only differences I think that'll make off the top of my head is she won't be nocturnal and she can't echolocate; those are very minor changes and her personality remains completely intact.

That said, the idea of coming up with a culture for bat ponies and bringing them in as their own tribe sounds quite interesting if we could get it to work. I could imagine them perhaps being allies with the pegasi since they both have wings, or maybe they tend to keep to themselves in secluded areas which explains why they're rarely seen by they the other three tribes. I still say making Ebony a pegasus for this RP is probably the best way to go for now, but in case any of us come up with any good ideas, I think this is still something to keep in mind.

I better focus on finishing Ebony soon then! I'm too busy to do that today and possibly tomorrow, but soon I'll be sure to have a good brainstorm to hopefully come up with enough good ideas to finish her! I definitely want to make sure she's finished before we begin the RP.

Also, I think I should mention I don't know a thing about Dark Souls, but you have still given a lot of detail about the setting, so I think I'll still easily understand everything.

I understand. I absolutely love Batponies myself. Scribbler and I even came up with Batpony OC twin sisters. Next to Mirror Image I would say they're my favorite OC's.

Now if you want we can ry to come up with some stuff. I think it would probably be best to go the Pegasi toute but if you want any help with making a Batpony culture in general if be up for it.

Depending On which version of the RP we go with I might have a lot of backstory stuff to type out to make sure everyone is on the same page. Don't worry though, I never do crossover stuff that would require you to know anything about the source material. No knowledge of Dark Souls is required.

I understand. I absolutely love Batponies myself. Scribbler and I even came up with Batpony OC twin sisters. Next to Mirror Image I would say they're my favorite OC's.

Now if you want we can ry to come up with some stuff. I think it would probably be best to go the Pegasi toute but if you want any help with making a Batpony culture in general if be up for it.

Depending On which version of the RP we go with I might have a lot of backstory stuff to type out to make sure everyone is on the same page. Don't worry though, I never do crossover stuff that would require you to know anything about the source material. No knowledge of Dark Souls is required.

Nice to see we're both bat pony lovers!

I think it'll be a good idea to try planning out at least a little bit of bat pony culture and see what we can come up with. At worse, we'll just decide it's not working and make Ebony a pegasus like we initially planned. But before we start doing any of that, we should probably wait until we decide what version of the RP we're doing.

Personally, I vote for version 2. While I hold no love for the mechanics of Dark Souls, I love the lore and the sheer sadness of the stories, so that's a plus. But the first secnario isn't too bad either.

I shall fill out an app once I've chosen a character.

Nice to see we're both bat pony lovers!

I think it'll be a good idea to try planning out at least a little bit of bat pony culture and see what we can come up with. At worse, we'll just decide it's not working and make Ebony a pegasus like we initially planned. But before we start doing any of that, we should probably wait until we decide what version of the RP we're doing.

Sounds good. Feel free to send me a message and we can discuss this more in that.

Personally, I vote for version 2. While I hold no love for the mechanics of Dark Souls, I love the lore and the sheer sadness of the stories, so that's a plus. But the first secnario isn't too bad either.

I shall fill out an app once I've chosen a character.

I'm not going to pretend I can make every characters story as sad or well done as Dark Souls did. Like I said these ideas were long before I had a complete understanding of Dark Souls. I'm going to try to be original with most of the characters and their stories in this.

Basically, just remember its influenced by Dark Souls and is not a ponified version of it. However I'll still try my best to make the characters good.

• Brohoof 1

This could be good. I'm trying to break my lazy habit of not posting often. And  action one might make me do it more. Usually when things are slow I lose interest and get lazy. If you'll let me join I'd like to use Gloomfury, you may remember him.  And I like version two.

@@Evilshy,@@Midnight_Aurora, @@Gloomfury, @@FortyTwo42, @@Windbreaker,  

I updated the OOC, please give it another look.Also I would like to ask for your opinions again on which version to go with. I'm just copying and pasting this from the PM I have with a friend, since I'm lazy.

"So...I'm actually torn a fair bit...Version 1 I have a much better world built for it. The problem is that it consists mostly of OC's. Though I had a lot planned for Version 1, mostly world-building information. It's a much better built world than V2.

Version 2 though could include Celestia and Luna, not to mention a whole lot of other characters, which helps because some of the players have an emotional tie to the characters, it will make their stories more sad.  Also they're all important. It would be easier to believe that Twilight Sparkle became a great leader and was the head of an Arcane Research society. Not to mention I can do certain things that allow me to reflect the feel and atmosphere of Dark Souls better.

I'm not sure which to go with. I don't have as much planned for V2 but I think the characters would fit it better. However I have a metric ton of things planned for V1. What do you think?"

So nice already finished world-building with a more established plot full of OC's and almost no established characters (Version 1)? Or Established characters that I can work with to build a potentially better plot but without the nice world-building (Version 2)?

To be honest though I would love to see Version 2, I will go with what ever is easier on you as gm. If Version 2 makes for a better Dark souls environment, demon souls may be better to base Version 1 on. Demon Souls is the precursor to Dark Souls.

• Brohoof 1

I personally prefer Version 1. The worldbuilding makes it a bit more interesting to me. That said, both versions still sound awesome, so I'll be happy no matter which version we decide!

By the way, are you sure you provided the correct links to the weapon pictures? When I click on them, the links point right back to this topic.

Now that the character application format is finalized, I'll fill it all out. Most of the information can be found in Ebony's profile (or in the case of her backstory and cutie mark, can be found there soon when I finish her, which I'm hoping to do over the next few days), so I'll focus on the parts that aren't in the profile or are specific to this RP:

Appearance: Has a dark green coat and dark yellow eyes. Her mane and tail are mostly black, but have some small green highlights.

Any special Skills or Knowledge: She's knowledgeable about dangerous animals and plants. She's good at picking up on signs that show something dangerous is nearby, and knows how to avoid them. She's also good at finding and picking out useful things in forests and similar places, like food. Because of these skills, she can act as a good scout for a team, especially since she can fly too. However, she's not very good in direct combat.

Profession: She's a forager, but this doesn't give her much reason to be in Canterlot. I might want to change this later since I don't have any idea I really like, but my current idea is she's been invited to Canterlot to give her insight to a formal discussion about what to do to the Everfree Forest, when the event of this RP occur and it's discovered she's cursed.

Inventory: As a prisoner with no roguish skills, she will have absolutely nothing. She would've probably tried unsuccessfully to sneak some fruit in with her.

Preferred Starting weapon: Wing blades.

I personally prefer Version 1. The worldbuilding makes it a bit more interesting to me. That said, both versions still sound awesome, so I'll be happy no matter which version we decide!

By the way, are you sure you provided the correct links to the weapon pictures? When I click on them, the links point right back to this topic.

Now that the character application format is finalized, I'll fill it all out. Most of the information can be found in Ebony's profile (or in the case of her backstory and cutie mark, can be found there soon when I finish her, which I'm hoping to do over the next few days), so I'll focus on the parts that aren't in the profile or are specific to this RP:

Appearance: Has a dark green coat and dark yellow eyes. Her mane and tail are mostly black, but have some small green highlights.

Any special Skills or Knowledge: She's knowledgeable about dangerous animals and plants. She's good at picking up on signs that show something dangerous is nearby, and knows how to avoid them. She's also good at finding and picking out useful things in forests and similar places, like food. Because of these skills, she can act as a good scout for a team, especially since she can fly too. However, she's not very good in direct combat.

Profession: She's a forager, but this doesn't give her much reason to be in Canterlot. I might want to change this later since I don't have any idea I really like, but my current idea is she's been invited to Canterlot to give her insight to a formal discussion about what to do to the Everfree Forest, when the event of this RP occur and it's discovered she's cursed.

Inventory: As a prisoner with no roguish skills, she will have absolutely nothing. She would've probably tried unsuccessfully to sneak some fruit in with her.

Preferred Starting weapon: Wing blades.

Oh shoot. I know what happened. When I first submitted the modified post the forums messed up and it showed all of the code for writing the paragraph (things like </pbh>. And other little things like that. It just have stripped the links of their URLs when that happened. Anyway since on my phone here are the links.

http://therionarms.com/reenact/therionarms_c1395.html

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urumi

Anyway, you're accepted.

If you guys have any suggestion or questions on weapons feel free to ask. I know the above categories are pretty broad but I think that allows for a fair bit of creativity.

Is it ok for one to use something called a Spell Matrix as a weapon?

I have a chara who once specialized in the use of these. But because of said virus, he lost allot of his once blessed power.

Edited by Midnight_Aurora

Is it ok for one to use something called a Spell Matrix as a weapon?

I have a chara who once specialized in the use of these. But because of said virus, he lost allot of once blessed power.

Im afraid that I don't know what that is. You'll have to fill me in.

A spell matrix is an item known for amplifying spells. They can come in many forms and have many specializations. For the chara I have in mind. He possesses two of these. They are held within and can be called out.

The first is called the infinite spell matrix. Despite the name it doesn't grant infinite use of spells. That is just what it is called. It is one of the more powerful matrices.

This one is in the shape of a sphere. it's formless spherical shape means it can amplify any spell cast into it and become any form the user wishes.

The second is what is called a Master Matrix. This one also possesses the same power as the other but being that it is also fused with the user makes the user also possess an armor made from pure raw magic or increases his casting strength. The common shape of this matrix is his form.

It all depends on how the user choses to use them. They can be a defense or a weapon of the users choice.

One or both can be used physically as an offensive weapon and armor or as a spell amplifier.

The chara's old special purpose was spell matrices. He could use the Spell matrix to create just about any spell. He also proposed a theory that cutiemarks are all spell matrices. He was one of the first to be hit by the 'Virus' and I hit him hard.

A spell matrix is an item known for amplifying spells. They can come in many forms and have many specializations. For the chara I have in mind. He possesses two of these. They are held within and can be called out.

The first is called the infinite spell matrix. Despite the name it doesn't grant infinite use of spells. That is just what it is called. It is one of the more powerful matrices.

This one is in the shape of a sphere. it's formless spherical shape means it can amplify any spell cast into it and become any form the user wishes.

The second is what is called a Master Matrix. This one also possesses the same power as the other but being that it is also fused with the user makes the user also possess an armor made from pure raw magic or increases his casting strength. The common shape of this matrix is his form.

It all depends on how the user choses to use them. They can be a defense or a weapon of the users choice.

One or both can be used physically as an offensive weapon and armor or as a spell amplifier.

The chara's old special purpose was spell matrices. He could use the Spell matrix to create just about any spell. He also proposed a theory that cutiemarks are all spell matrices. He was one of the first to be hit by the 'Virus' and I hit him hard.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to decline your idea. They sound rather OP and like they have no real weakness. I also already have weapons in mind that deal with magical amplification. Those will be introduced at a later point in time.

I also want to state that it would be best if your character hasn't been affected by the curse (I'm assuming that's what you meant by virus, if not fell free to correct me and elaborate) for a long time. Mostly because they'd be dead or mad by now.

The only way I can think to avoid that is to give you and your character special treatment and a special role in the story, but that wouldn't be fair to anyone else.

That's ok. Their weakness is a total reliannce on magic. only those with magical abilities are able to use them. And if the Curse/Virus hits the user they can't really make use of them anymore.

Hmmm....would it still be posible to have the chara specialize in the enhancement of magic. He knows only a few spells and he can take these spells to a whole new level. Take the light spell. By enhancing it he can make a flare that is similar to a solar flare when he is at maximum power.

Hmmmmm this has peaked my interest. I haven't been on in a while but when I was on last I never saw something with this much detail in the planning stages and I like this. I would love to throw my OC Snow Breeze into this RP, his link is in my signature. If there are any problems I'll try to fix them accordingly.