Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should people have pit-bulls in their houses?

Lemon Slices

Should people breed PitBulls?  

34 users have voted

1. 1. Should people breed PitBulls?

• Of course!
    • No, they are assassins.
    • Yes, BUT must have conditions and limits to the owner.

Your logic is flawed gearbox. There would be as many German Shepherds, Dobermans, Rottweilers, and husky type dogs turning on their owners. These are the premier of guard dogs I mentioned, legendary for their aggressiveness. Actually, the most aggressive dog breed I've ran into are Terriers. Jack Russells specifically.

I love pit bulls so much. They are such cuties. If accidents or attacks happen it's due to the owner. No dog is vicious by nature, man molds it to be. We had a pit once, she was as sweet and loving to us as she would be to her own puppies. No abusive, neglectful or just plain bad people should not have them.

• Brohoof 1

As a pitbull owner, it makes me sad that media has resorted to pointing fingers to a loving breed to be so dangerous. Okay, so there's a dog attack on the news and it just so happens to be a pitbull. Does it necessary make all of them bad? Absolutely not! I am sure there are dogs of all different breeds that have attacked people, but none so glorified as a pit.

Its all on the owner of the dog, and how they're raised. People see a pitbull and think it needs to be a death machine, so they treat them like such. Oitbulls are sweet, and just want to give you tons of kisses and cuddles. They have the right to be kept in a house and treated properly as the next dog.

Your logic is flawed gearbox. There would be as many German Shepherds, Dobermans, Rottweilers, and husky type dogs turning on their owners. These are the premier of guard dogs I mentioned, legendary for their aggressiveness. Actually, the most aggressive dog breed I've ran into are Terriers. Jack Russells specifically.

There is a difference between guard dogs and game dogs. Pits are terriers, hence their all or nothing demeanor.

I can't understand why you shouldn't, I keep mine in the oven through the week to save space, (Sometimes, I forget it's in there when I turn on the oven :P), and only bring it out when guests come over. I wouldn't want to let my kids get to used to seeing it around, that wouldn't make it special for when I do bring it out, ya know?

Lol, so many arguments happen in my Small Animal Management class between these Pit enthusiasts and my teacher.

Personally I think there should be limits. I myself would never own one. I'm more of a cat person.

I for one, have a trauma of being chased by one when I was a little kid (ultimately, I managed to escape by climbing the owner's head). I didn't know until today, that pit-bull is so lovable. Usually, they are pretty nasty and every time I pass by one, they shout like crazy.

I used to have an american pit bull once (which he died cause of snake and stuff) and yes its true. they only behave bad if people treat them bad like my step father and elder brother did. and he was really big and 2 or 3 years old at the time? but anyway, he only treated one person nice and that's my grandmother. because she fed him every day. he knows that my grandmother is the nice one in the family so he treats her very nice by laying on top of her. I one time heard my step father yelling and beating him cause he pushed her idk I wasn't present at the time. but yea. pit bulls could be the nicest dogs in the planet if ppl could just learn to treat them nice and not train them to be soldiers.

No I don't think people should be breeding pit bulls...but not because I think they're "bad dogs"! It's because they're the number one most overbred, abused, misunderstood type of dog there is and also the most common breed overflowing any given animal shelter. The last thing people need to be doing is breeding more when there are already so many wonderful dogs that need homes who will, in all honestly, most likely never stand a chance. Even the best rescues (ie: Villalobos Rescue Center) are constantly at max capacity. As long as people are breeding more and more that's not gonna change. Spay and neuter is key. But I feel that way about all dogs (and cats and rabbits, etc) "Adopt don't shop" is a motto close to my heart.

As for having pit bulls in your home? Well of course! They're great dogs! Go out and save a life. I can guarantee there is an awesome pittie, from puppy to senior, waiting for you at your local shelter. I'm involved in animal rescue and have met many pit bulls. Every one I've personally encountered has been a face kissing, butt wagging, goofy loveabull. Am I saying there is no such thing as an aggressive pit bull? No of course not. Any dog can become aggressive; any breed can be dangerous. How an animal is raised and treated makes all the difference in the world. As for my stance on BSL I think this sums it up perfectly...

tumblr_ls12qkqcVi1qzykcpo1_400.jpg

So, I can't really answer this poll because I can't agree with breeding but I'm all in favor of pit bulls. There is no such thing as a "bad dog" as far as I'm concerned, only bad people. But even the most abused dogs can make a complete turn-around. Point in case: did you know some of the pit bulls rescued from Michael Vick's dogfighting ring went on to be therapy dogs? http://moderndogmagazine.com/gallery/where-former-michael-vick-dogs-are-now I think that speaks volumes for the pit bull's personality and heart.

Edited by DragonFlyer
  • Brohoof 1