Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your favorite type of potato?

Side Bird

Russett's are the go-to potato around here, they bake well and are decent in a stew or whatnot. I know the topic was favorite potato recipe but I'm glad it went into breeds of potatoes (is that the right word?). My first job was in a produce department so think about them in those terms. Heard the maritime provinces have some strange red potatoes. 

The couch potato...

lyracouchpotato.jpg

For reals... mashed.  Nothing beats yukon gold.  Sometimes if I'm at a restaurant, I'll order a twice-baked potato just to be a jerk, because they take a while to make.

I dont really like potatoes... French fries is acceptable but i dont like anything else that you can make from potatoes not, Mashed potatoes, Not boild potatoes, Not baked potatoes and so on and on... And then there is sweet potatoes... Oh the horror ;-;

Anything that tastes like a potato even potato chips. I put salt, pepper and butter on baked potatoes.

Somewhat off-topic but I remember having a potato gun as a kid where it shot small pellets of potato. Which it was basically compressed air and when squeezing the handle fired it off. :D

• 7 years later...

As far as potato species I like New Potatoes. But if we’re going into varieties of preparation, I like French fries, stuffed potatoes (with bacon, sour cream, loads of butter and chives) or sweet potatoes with butter and brown sugar.